Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

MPNs: 1091003764, SAMN8GLDOPT and SM-N950FZDAXSA
See the Best Mobile Phones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

Jazz S.
Jazz S.South East Queensland, QLD

Samsung repair

Samsung Reference: 4308174696
A50 sent to repair samsung refuses refund becouse i am second owner of the device and didn't answers by email give call only it took 25 days to repair

KathSamsung

What a blight on my life!

If only one could buy a phone that simply did its job! And for goodness sake, why no instructions?
Black on black controls as usual, and that makes it difficult to begin with, and how are we supposed to somehow automatically know that one has to touch and then run finger up to answer a call? If we didn't need a mobile phone for when we are away from home, I would have nothing further to do with them
Conclusion - rotten product.
Please, for goodness sake, just make a product that is easy to use, with easy to see controls. We don't need a camera or Google or fancy aps, and we would prefer a phone that doesn't report on our movements. But it appears there is no such product on the market.

Purchased in September 2019 for $240.00.

Other Mobile Phones

Once you bought it not their problem: The NEW "Car sales man"

After my note 8 upgraded to Android pie I can't use my call record app. Rang Samsung, operator was great. Samsung policy is [Word Removed]. Wont buy another Samsung product again. No more faith in the brand.

Samsung AUSamsung
Mobile Phones

Find out how Samsung Galaxy Note 8 compares to other Mobile Phones

Damien

Brittle screen - No where near as tough as previous versions

Really disappointed in the Note 8. I've had two previous Notes (2 & 4) which were great phones which lasted me years each.. and they were dropped quite a lot and never developed a crack. My note 8 slid out of my pocket while sitting on a bench seat in a park - not a very big fall (~50cm) and it completely destroyed my screen. I had the phone for 4 days! It's pretty much useless and I've reverted to using an old OPPO a friend lent me. $300 to replace the screen in the Note 8. I'll be buying a new OPPO in the future.

Purchased in December 2018 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $1,200.00.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Damien. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jo
Samsung AU

Tsh
TshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Trash

Purchased in November 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,399.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019

Date PurchasedOct 2016
IanT
IanT

Impossible to trust

Main Issue with the Note8 is the touch screen goes rite to the edges. This makes it virtually impossible to pick it up or put it down without it DOING something.Even after killing Bixby I still find it turning on and doing wierd stuff unannounced in my pocket. Unless a software fix appears soon the SIM goes back into the N0te 5
Too clever by half - unfit for purpose

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Other Mobile Phones

Ian
Ianasked

I have been using my Note 8 since 2017 it continues to be a very reliable phone. I am considering an upgrade to the S21 Ultra but I'm concerned about reports on this website regarding extreme overheating problems. Do you have any information on this? Don't want to spend $1800 on a dud.

Gary
Garyasked

Whats the best tradie phone from samsung.I have a J1 and am happy with phone and replacement cost is not to painful. Looking for phone that I can put in my pocket as I work as a plumber.

AdaSamsung

Hi Gary, depending on the price range and features you may be looking into, we have provided links below to our different series of mobile devices.

Galaxy A Series

Galaxy S Series

Galaxy Note Series

Ada
Samsung AU

Colin Foley
Colin Foley

Would steer away from the notes, the bigger screen is great but it is bulky in the pocket

Van N.
Van N.asked

How can you disable "moisture detected" error? Absolute rubbish feature as the phone charges fine, frustrating that the phone needs to switch off with cable inserted and switched on and wait for software to load.

AdaSamsung

Hi Van, we recommend for you to visit one of our authorised service centres so we can look into this.

With the global spread of COVID-19 impacting many communities, Samsung is adapting its practices to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and customers. As such, all our Galaxy Studios are currently closed. Our Experience Stores located at George Street, Sydney, Melbourne Central and Highpoint Shopping Centre are still open but at reduced operating hours.

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office.

Ada

See all Samsung Galaxy Note 8 questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,099.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Stylus (Included), Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-C
Screen Size 6.3"
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
Hardware
ChipsetExynos 8895
CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Mali-G71 MP20
Battery Size3,300 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB
Memory (RAM)6 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide, 12MP Telephoto