Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

MPNs: 1091003764, SAMN8GLDOPT and SM-N950FZDAXSA
See the Best Mobile Phones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
Van N.Sydney, NSW

Great phone until you get "moisture detected".

Purchased in February 2018 at Optus.

KathSamsung
KathSamsung
Dr T
Dr TSydney

Very poor performance. Many errors. Poor battery life. Expensive for nothing!

The camera is not practical at all. You cannot take two consecutive photos. You have to press the back button after each picture to start over.
Very short battery life. Almost being charged continuously.
A lot of errors that could not be fixed: one example, autodownload everything from WhatsApp even if you disable this option.
Many other problems with the performance. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
PhilSamsung

Other Mobile Phones

Jason
JasonMelbourne

Oleophobic coating poor quality and Samsung just try to refuse to repair it

I would never use Samsung again. Why on earth everybody else in other country can get a replacement screen while their oleophobic coating worn off but not in Australia? They should have responsibility for their bad quality coating. I even print out a lot of proof but they don't even have a look. Worst customer service ever. Always try to avoid warranty. I was moved from ip to SS note7,8,9 now they make me think I should go back to Iphone.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
PhilSamsung

Sorry to hear this Jason! I have sent you a private message, so that we assist and discuss further regarding this issue.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Mobile Phones

Find out how Samsung Galaxy Note 8 compares to other Mobile Phones

Keithy F. George
Keithy F. Georgewantirna

Problems

I have had it for 6 weeks. Within 2 weeks it randomly called people, so you must lock the device. Since then it answers phone calls itself within my pocket, which is a big problem. But worst to come. One week before christmas the screen has frozen, l can only turn it on or turn it off. I have never dropped it and its in a very good cover. If you go deep in the internet you will find out there is a problem that samsung knows about, appears it needs a software update. So wait 6 months maybe you would get a better phone. Oh, and good luck contacting samsung via manila.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Ian
Ianasked

I have been using my Note 8 since 2017 it continues to be a very reliable phone. I am considering an upgrade to the S21 Ultra but I'm concerned about reports on this website regarding extreme overheating problems. Do you have any information on this? Don't want to spend $1800 on a dud.

Gary
Garyasked

Whats the best tradie phone from samsung.I have a J1 and am happy with phone and replacement cost is not to painful. Looking for phone that I can put in my pocket as I work as a plumber.

AdaSamsung

Hi Gary, depending on the price range and features you may be looking into, we have provided links below to our different series of mobile devices.

Galaxy A Series

Galaxy S Series

Galaxy Note Series

Ada
Samsung AU

Colin Foley
Colin Foley

Would steer away from the notes, the bigger screen is great but it is bulky in the pocket

Van N.asked

How can you disable "moisture detected" error? Absolute rubbish feature as the phone charges fine, frustrating that the phone needs to switch off with cable inserted and switched on and wait for software to load.

AdaSamsung

Hi Van, we recommend for you to visit one of our authorised service centres so we can look into this.

With the global spread of COVID-19 impacting many communities, Samsung is adapting its practices to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and customers. As such, all our Galaxy Studios are currently closed. Our Experience Stores located at George Street, Sydney, Melbourne Central and Highpoint Shopping Centre are still open but at reduced operating hours.

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office.

Ada

See all Samsung Galaxy Note 8 questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,099.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Stylus (Included), Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-C
Screen Size 6.3"
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
Hardware
ChipsetExynos 8895
CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Mali-G71 MP20
Battery Size3,300 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB
Memory (RAM)6 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide, 12MP Telephoto