MPNs: 1091003764, SAMN8GLDOPT and SM-N950FZDAXSA
See the Best Mobile Phones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware
Poppy S.
Poppy S.

Switched from an iPhone, will never go back!

Had this phone for over 2 years now and will never go back to using an iPhone.
Camera quality is great. I drop my phone regularly and it's always survived the blows - I have never used a screen protector and it's barely got a scratch!
I mostly use my phone for taking food photography, scrolling on the internet, watching Netflix and drawing using the stylus.
All apps run smoothly & I am really glad I chose the device.
My only complaint is the battery is now not as efficient as it used to be and will probably need replacing in the next 12 months.

Purchased in January 2018 at Officeworks Physical store for $899.00.

Peter MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great phone, the battery should be more powerful

Samsung continues to produce great phones, but their draw back is the battery is not removable. In phones with removable batteries you can just buy an additional battery or two and always have fully charged spare ones with you.

Purchased in December 2017.

KathSamsung
KathSamsung

I will be sure to pass this feedback on to the team for you, Peter!

Kath
Samsung AU

diesel a.
diesel a.

Samsung all the way

The Samsung galaxy note series is definitely the best phone ive ever had, i started with the note 2 and have always upgraded to the next model when it came available

katherinemichell88
katherinemichell88Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good phone

Camera is good the thing i hate is small space but newer modles come with more also the battery isnt great i havr to charge it twice a day but atleast it has a headphone jack

Purchased in September 2017 at Samsung Online store for $1,200.00.

Brian303030
Brian303030Hobart, TAS

Best yet

The rugged construction and ease of handling is the first plus.. I am a very satisfied Samsung mobile owner.
The display is very bright even on the sunniest of days.. The capabilities of the note 8 are endless..I use mine for calls [naturally] texting and checking my emails and facebook messages and updates on the run.
I have many apps on my note 8 from video, music and even some games to keep me amused on long trips.. The log on speeds I get are phenomenal. I even use my phone to monitor both my home and front door security via wifi connections...

Purchased in October 2016 for $1,400.00.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
Gigreat
GigreatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent quality

I bought it on ebay $531 on 24 May 2019.
It's very good design, fast performance on most apps.
The camera is very good compared to my LG V20. No question on low light photo shot.

My friend has Samsung Galaxy 8, which is smaller in hand, easy to grab compared my Galaxy Note 8.

Overall I'm very happy with the phone.

King C.
King C.Sydney, NSW

Good beast but battery hunger

Excellent camera both day and night, good note taker and game runner. Very good screen and good multi tasking but the battery didn't last for a full day under which is a con.

Purchased in September 2017.

xz101
xz101Sydney, NSW

Switched from iPhone X a month ago, no regrets.

This is one of the best phones I have ever used. I have previously used an iPhone 4,5s,6s,7+ and X and when I switched to Android it was the best choice I have made. There is so much customization and many more features, as well as being stable unlike iOS. The design is great and the cameras are great quality. I got this for $550 brand new and it is an absolute bargain.

The only negatives I have for this is that the battery drains fast, this is not an issue for me as I generally have a charger near me but for some people this may be a problem. I would also recommend getting a case because the back is quite fragile as it is made of glass.

Purchased in February 2019 at Kogan.com for $550.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Adam F
Adam FPerth, WA

A little bit of a let down compared to the previous Samsung phones.

Purchased in February 2018 at Optus Rockingham Perth WA.

Sam L
Sam L

Great phone, bad battery

I think it was so traumatic for Samsung to release a powerful phone with powerful battery. SO this Note 8 is certainly has everything except for powerful battery. It only last 4 hours for continuous usage (meaning, when I go travelling and use many apps such as map, translator, camera, browser, chatting). But during general 'desk-bound' days, it serves me well, the battery lasts a full day.
another cons: the selfie camera has 2 modes. the zoom in and zoom out mode. During video call, the default camera setting is the zoom-in mode. So when you are on a video call with your face 20cm from the phone, you can only see half face. I don't think I can change that setting.
best part: I use tons of apps. No lag, ever. powerful storage too!

KJKJK5757
KJKJK5757GLENORAN

Galaxy Note 8

The camera function of this phone is quite satisfied, the effect of daytime photography is better than the night effect, in the night photo shoot out of the effect a little blurred.
This cell phone display a bit of a problem, the use of the process of black screen once, brightness is quite satisfactory.
In addition to the use of SMS and phone functions I also use mobile phone playing games, but in the course of the game is not smooth phenomenon, other entertainment is Good.
applications run on the phone is still smooth, not too much problem, no impact on the Use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
878768765GREVILLIA

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Pixel is still a little bit different from the camera, but I have to say that pixels are good. At least I used to shoot out of the pixels of self-feeling is pretty good

display rejects the S-series of the Classic Oval button This I am still very satisfied or is the display resolution is also very good monitor this aspect I am very satisfied with the

I will see the movie play games and so on

this phone paired with the Dragon 835 Of the processor is still very smooth performance is very high

HK789
HK789GREVILLIA

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Night photo effect is very good at night can also be photographed very detailed and good-looking picture pixel This is really very powerful
display is a big highlight borderless border design is engaging and very durable
in addition to SMS and telephone I will also listen to music to see the video of course there are playing games
I now have a lot of app phone is also quite smooth The CPU is still quite powerful in this respect

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is one of the best phones

Samsung galaxy note 8 is one of the best Hd phone cameras ever considering i recently had a iPhone 7. The brightness and durability my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is pretty awesome because of the dual cameras. It also has boatload of stylus tricks which is in fact of of its best features. I only use this phone for messaging and calling. The apps such as, Facebook, Instagram and etc are smooth

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Flyfisher
FlyfisherAbbottsford

Absolutely Love Ths Device

This is one big step up from the old (but still excellent) Huawei for me. The screen is frankly jaw dropping in terms of clarity and the combination with the new camera is something else! Liquid silky smooth transitions from the powerful processor make for a seamless experience. This is actually better than the 'communicators" in the science fiction shows I watched as a kid. Ilove it

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Ian
Ianasked

I have been using my Note 8 since 2017 it continues to be a very reliable phone. I am considering an upgrade to the S21 Ultra but I'm concerned about reports on this website regarding extreme overheating problems. Do you have any information on this? Don't want to spend $1800 on a dud.

Gary
Garyasked

Whats the best tradie phone from samsung.I have a J1 and am happy with phone and replacement cost is not to painful. Looking for phone that I can put in my pocket as I work as a plumber.

AdaSamsung

Hi Gary, depending on the price range and features you may be looking into, we have provided links below to our different series of mobile devices.

Galaxy A Series

Galaxy S Series

Galaxy Note Series

Ada
Samsung AU

Colin Foley
Colin Foley

Would steer away from the notes, the bigger screen is great but it is bulky in the pocket

Van N.
Van N.asked

How can you disable "moisture detected" error? Absolute rubbish feature as the phone charges fine, frustrating that the phone needs to switch off with cable inserted and switched on and wait for software to load.

AdaSamsung

Hi Van, we recommend for you to visit one of our authorised service centres so we can look into this.

With the global spread of COVID-19 impacting many communities, Samsung is adapting its practices to protect the health and wellbeing of our people and customers. As such, all our Galaxy Studios are currently closed. Our Experience Stores located at George Street, Sydney, Melbourne Central and Highpoint Shopping Centre are still open but at reduced operating hours.

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office.

Ada

See all Samsung Galaxy Note 8 questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,099.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Stylus (Included), Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-C
Screen Size 6.3"
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels
Hardware
ChipsetExynos 8895
CPU Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Mali-G71 MP20
Battery Size3,300 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB
Memory (RAM)6 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide, 12MP Telephoto