Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (page 2 of 13)

MPN: 1091003764

Great phone, bad battery

I think it was so traumatic for Samsung to release a powerful phone with powerful battery. SO this Note 8 is certainly has everything except for powerful battery. It only last 4 hours for continuous usage (meaning, when I go travelling and use many apps such as map, translator, camera, browser, chatting). But during general 'desk-bound' days, it serves me well, the battery lasts a full day.
another cons: the selfie camera has 2 modes. the zoom in and zoom out mode. During video call, the default camera setting is the zoom-in mode. So when you are on a video call with your face 20cm from the phone, you can only see half face. I don't think I can change that setting.
best part: I use tons of apps. No lag, ever. powerful storage too!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

This product (no longer just a phone) is one of the best mobile personal computing devices I have se

Transferring data from one device to the new Note is seamless, the apps are ready to be used and the hardware is supplied. The device itself works just as intended, is very smooth and lag-less.
Even though this device is from the Note family, its size and form are not huge and this is very comfortable in your hand, it weighs almost the same as older S7 edge Samsungs.
So far the battery life has been ok, this has been used a lot, mainly during set up and because it is new.

Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Trash

First year I gave the phone five stars but after one year I think it is a trash.My phone worked smoothly for one year ,I only dropped it once in the first year with minimal damage around the stylus area.Now after one year the phone response time is beyond annoying.My phone slipped from my hands few days back from only half a meter and the screen cracked(just finished my one year free screen replacement).It is in the samsung cover but apparently it is edge screen and the edges are not protected by any cover.Loved galaxy notes but after this phone never ever Am I going to buy edge screen mobile from samsung but unfortunately all the new ones are edge screens.May be time to switch to apple.My note 3 handled things far way better please Samsung make regular screen notes as well.Also,the camera quality had been bad since day one I had to take pictures from selfie camera as the regular camera turns pictures yellow and when you share those they turn more yellow don't know if it's the problem with my camera only.The phone heats up very easily when you use it for longer time or put it on charging.I was on video call and I got a messege on the screen stating that your phone is heating up and will shut down.I tried doing calls after it restarted but I got the same messege until I left It alonefor an hour.So,the phone is not meant to be use for longer time?What's the fun of paying extra then?So, sad I am disappointed by samsung I used to love there mobiles and had been a very loyal customer since 10 years.

Purchased in November 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,399.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software
Thanks for your review Tsh, we really appreciate you taking the time to write about your Galaxy Note8. We're very happy to hear that you are enjoying your device in regard to the S-Pen being stuck, this seems like something our techs can assist you with. If you click on the below links, you can locate your nearest service centre: Book an appointment here: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Don't have time to visit or can't get to one of our Service Locations? You also have the option to drop it off at your local Australia Post office: http://samsungcare2.samsungcsportal.com:81/samsungcare/au/index_m Jazz Samsung Australia

Excellent phone

The note 8 is what I would call a nearly complete phone.
Starting from a great dual camera which shoots near professional photos to the outstanding screen to the incredible s pen, this is great in nearly all respects.
Samsung takes android to next level with tons of customisation options.
The only things which could have been better are the fingerprint scanner and speaker.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Perfect for productivity, Fast

This phone is a big leap after Note 7 debacle. Much better camera and live mode photography is the best feature if you are photo enthusiastic.

I used if all heavyweight apps such as AR and gaming and never had any lagging or speed issue. The stylus is very handy and I used it on the split screen for taking notes.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

BEST phone I've owned!

The camera is insane! Anyone that uses or sees photos on my screen comments on the quality.
I've dropped the phone a few times with absolutely no problems afterwards and the brightness of the screen is certainly well and truly enough!
I use my phone for my calendar, my research and pretty much my entire life and I couldn't be happier.
All of the apps runs smoothly and the screen sensitivity is the best I've had.
Super happy!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Mobile Phone!!!

Got this phone in April this year, 4 years after my contract on my contract with my old Galaxy Note 3 finished. It was time to upgrade. It is a very good decision because this phone is way much better - its excellent. The camera is excellent - very satisfied with the photo and video quality. The battery lasts 4x longer than my old one and charged 10× faster I think. My apps run smoothly as well.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great phone - Doesn't self immolate this year!

Great low light camera.
Good screen. I miss the flat screen of the Note 4 but the curved does look good and make it more pocketable.
Battery last me all day under normal use.
Great tech specs, SD card expansion is fantastic.
I recommend Nova Launcher over the Stock Sammy UI though.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

NOTE 8 IS AWESOME

Samsung galaxy note 8 is so Awesome.
Just everything about the phone, from the huge crystal clear High Definition screen, to the super awesome camera/ video resolution. 64 GB built in memory. I highly recommend getting the Tech 21 Brand case, which is very strong and durable case.
Love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Perfect mobile

The samsung note 8 is the best, there no need to own a tablet when you own this , I it's a great size it's clear oled screen with expandable storage, the pen comes in handy when you need to take notes over the call just place the call on loud speaker and pull put your pen and start taking notes and save it. And there is another feature which is amazing when your battery start getting very low and your out,there is a power saving button just tap that and it will give your many more hours to use your mobile I not sure if apple has that feature but it worth a million dollars when your stuck with a low battery.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great looking Phone with exceptional battery and performance

Fantastic phone with a battery that lasts me 2 days without charging. Like other comments say, a great camera for photos and video in daylight but not so great at night even with the flash. I seem to get a lot of red eye's in my night photos. Super fast responsiveness and superb screen display. The display is 6.3 inches, but its a tall thin phone which will make most videos stretch wider than usual even if the video is 16.9 resolution..

Love it

I love it... Best screen and functionality. Very smooth and can be run with one finger unlike previous Note versions. Highly recommended. I am happt with battery life. Color limitation could have been increased as recently only 2 available with most of providers. Fast charging is useful as if running late it is handy

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Galaxy Note 8

The camera function of this phone is quite satisfied, the effect of daytime photography is better than the night effect, in the night photo shoot out of the effect a little blurred.
This cell phone display a bit of a problem, the use of the process of black screen once, brightness is quite satisfactory.
In addition to the use of SMS and phone functions I also use mobile phone playing games, but in the course of the game is not smooth phenomenon, other entertainment is Good.
applications run on the phone is still smooth, not too much problem, no impact on the Use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

My note 8 is a lemon!

My Samsung note 8 is a dud and continues to get worse, my phone has crashed 5 times in the year that I've had it where I can't turn it off on two occasions the alarm has continued to go off and I can't turn it off my phone wont respond, the keyboard has a mind of it's own at times and randomly types by itself. The screen is so delicate that when pushing down on it trying to get it to respond the screen cracked, the sound at times sounds echoey especially when Google or Bixby talks. Customer support are useless often they can't even understand a simple conversation, as usual in another country where English is their second language yet it's called Samsung Australia. This will be my last Samsung phone which is disappointing as I like Samsung phones, this is my 5th note phone. I've asked for my phone to be replaced but all support do is run through their stupid troubleshooting again and again time after time with the same results. Then insist I must give my phone to their technicians to access while I'm inconvenienced some more being without a phone for weeks while I continue to have to pay off my 1k phone. Absolutely disgusting customer service. Samsung you just lost another customer!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
We're really sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your Note8, Tina. In this case, we recommend heading into your nearest service centre and have our techs look into this for you. If you click on the below links, you can locate your nearest service centre: > http://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ Bookings: > https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/ Jazz Samsung Australia

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Pixel is still a little bit different from the camera, but I have to say that pixels are good. At least I used to shoot out of the pixels of self-feeling is pretty good

display rejects the S-series of the Classic Oval button This I am still very satisfied or is the display resolution is also very good monitor this aspect I am very satisfied with the

I will see the movie play games and so on

this phone paired with the Dragon 835 Of the processor is still very smooth performance is very high

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Night photo effect is very good at night can also be photographed very detailed and good-looking picture pixel This is really very powerful
display is a big highlight borderless border design is engaging and very durable
in addition to SMS and telephone I will also listen to music to see the video of course there are playing games
I now have a lot of app phone is also quite smooth The CPU is still quite powerful in this respect

The Perfect Phone

At last I have found a phone that does exactly what you want !
It's the right size and has so much more to offer in the way of apps and information .
I would certainly recommend this brand as initially I wanted a Samsung Galaxy tab but I mistakenly pressed the wrong item. BUT I'm not disappointed in the least !
I would offer anyone this phone in a second if I was not the customer but the manager in a retail store !

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Oleophobic coating poor quality and Samsung just try to refuse to repair it

I would never use Samsung again. Why on earth everybody else in other country can get a replacement screen while their oleophobic coating worn off but not in Australia? They should have responsibility for their bad quality coating. I even print out a lot of proof but they don't even have a look. Worst customer service ever. Always try to avoid warranty. I was moved from ip to SS note7,8,9 now they make me think I should go back to Iphone.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Sorry to hear this Jason! I have sent you a private message, so that we assist and discuss further regarding this issue. Philip Samsung Australia

Great product

Camara is amazing we took it oversea amazing photos. The phone is probably the best iv had. Can brightness can be turned down to suit my own needs at different times. Emailing so easy. Yes apps are great no problem although I would rather choose my own apps to install it come with it's own apps and updates all the time can be frustrating

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Excellent phone in many aspects and fantastic for people who are vision or hearing impaired

Samsung note 8 has many impressive functions such as user friendliness, high functioning phone camera with great lenses, storage capacity etc. Etc. But a feature which is rarely mentioned is that it has features to help users who are hearing or visually impaired. I'll focus my review on hearing enhancement since that's my experience. The phone has a hearing test function which allows it to calibrate a better hearing experience for you (e.g. when having a phone conversation, listening to audios or videos, with or without earphones). So if you go through the hearing test, it will then automatically enhance the output sound of your phone (based on your hearing test) making it easier and clearer for you to hear. I've found it much clearer in sound afterwards, and way better in comparison to my old phone (note4), it's much easier to hear. Additionally it also has a 'doorbell' and 'baby crying' alert. So when you turn on the function, it'll listen out for the sounds of the two, depending on what you've choosen. I've found it to be effective for both and I use it when I'm upstairs at home and cannot hear the doorbell from the distance or when I'm downstairs and may not hear the baby cry. The phone will pick up the sound and send me a red vibrating alert on the screen. This phone has many excellent functions which I love but as mentioned, for this review I wanted to mention these enhancement functions which is rarely ever mentioned. I hope it can help those who may be hard at hearing and wished for a device that can cater to their needs.

Date PurchasedJun 2018