Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (page 2 of 4)

128GB and 512GB

Fabulous performance

Really love it. Great features, big screen, smooth touch and most magical feature is blue tooth operated stylus pen. Supersede all other products. Dont have to look for someone to click our photos just click it with magical stylus.
Highly recommeded but just little bit over priced :)

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,198.00.

Total Convert to Samsung

I have been a Blackberry user for over a decade (yes Blackberry phones still do exist even in 2019 LOL), mostly due to security for business and battery life and I grudgingly had to change phones, so I chose a Samsung Note 9 - mostly for the pen and the rep that demoed the phone to me showed lots of cool features (that I can't remember how to use - but learning every day)

I love the note taking with the pen, and I love the Android feature of dictating my emails and text messages, as I struggle to use the on screen keyboards.

The battery life was a big concern for me coming from Blackberry, and the fact that the Samsung Note 9 boasted the longest battery life for most Android phone was a good selling point, and it's lived up to this reputation.

Security was another big concern for me due to my work - but the Samsung Knox Platform for Enterprise on Blackberry's Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) solution won me over. Samsung have embraced the Blackberry security solution to ensure high level of security.

Overall a great phone, it's a little large in size than I would prefer, but I can live with that.

Purchased in December 2018.

Most complete phone yet

Fantastic phone. Great screen, very good battery life, even now after nearly 9 months of use. Camera takes awesome photos in all conditions and is a big step up in every way from the Note 8. I'm very impressed!

Purchased in September 2018 for $1,499.00.

Software

Excellent multi tasking and camera

Very good camera offering photo capturing even during the night. Easier selfie with the Bluetooth stylus and larger battery from the note 8. Good gaming phone but wished that they have special gamepad offering for galaxy phone

Purchased in September 2018.

This phone is perfect

Camera quality can be a bit bad in dark lights especially the front facing camera, but amazing overall bright lights, display and durability is amazing, top notch display with amazing brightness. Switching from the iPhone 7, it was a huge difference apps stopped lagging, unlocking phone was instantaneous and the phone didn't slow down overtime which was a huge plus on Samsung.

Purchased in August 2018.

Best Phone I've Owned

This is hands down the best phone I've owned. The 128 GB Ram version only has 6 GB of ram which can slow things down. The phone gets a little hot when using with a VR headset for 30 mins plus.

Purchased in October 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,499.00.

Love it!!

I upgraded to this from note 2 which i had for 7 years!
I'm so happy with this fone.The features are very similar to note 2 only wayyy better.
Camera is excellent too

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,500.00.

Love it perfect

Love this note gallaxy n9 its great i do everything on it , great product has fast conection pen that goes with its really easy to use to pull out and the screen response is astounding

Purchased in January 2019 at Vodafone.

Samsung owner for life!

Best mobile phone I have ever owned. Fully featured, love that the fingerprint scanner has been relocated on Note 9. Camera is brilliant, I rarely use my DSLR camera these days.
Needs to be in a cover or case, being all glass it is easily damaged. Apps all run smoothly. Device management is simple. Love the smart pen feature. Love the differing levels of security on this phone. Facial recognition is quick and reliable even in low light..no more risking others seeing your PIN or pattern when accessing the phone.

Purchased in September 2018 at Zumi.

Awesome!

All features are so easy to use on this phone. This is my first note and i absolutely love it. Camera is so clear. I use the phone for games and other general use mostly texting, voice texting etc... and all apps work great. Brightness control is so good you can change all in settings. Very satisfied.

Purchased in November 2018 for $799.00.

Software
Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy Note 9. If you have any questions or need us to look into anything, feel free to send us a message. Our best point of contact is through our Facebook page so feel free to send us a PM. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Best phone ever!

It's not heavy, easy to carry, fit on my pocket! The Smart pen is fun to use and I love the Samsung pay so much save my time and effect.

Purchased in December 2018 at Tens Machines Australia for $1,000.00.

Software

Excellent all-rounder! Best phone on the market.

Was originally going to purchase an iPhone XR as I heard it had excellent battery life (far better than my Galaxy S9). The salesman told me about the Note 9, saying it had outstanding battery life (4000mAh) and was "the best phone on the market." He said "if you don't like this phone, you won't like anything." I wasn't aware until he retrieved the phone from out the back, but I was actually sold a dual SIM variant; which can be very handy.

This phone is not meant for the everyday person. It is for someone who wants the absolute best- a massive battery, insane processor, stylus for taking notes and a superb camera. As Samsung puts it, it is for people who demand everything in a smartphone. Let's just say I am one of those people.

Strengths:
Excellent dual cameras (you'll be Instagram famous in no-time)
Massive 4000mAh battery (lasts for 12 hours with moderate use)
Wireless charging (massive convenience when you're trying to plug your phone in in the dark)
Massive AMOLED screen
USB C
One UI is a huge improvement over previous Android 'skins' (it actually reminds me of something you'd find on the Pixel devices)

Weaknesses:
The only weakness I can think of is Samsung still takes forever to deliver software updates to its flagship devices. You don't get that with an iPhone or Google Pixel.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,497.00.

Software
This is what we like to hear! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy note 9 and thank you for leaving your positive feedback :) If you have any questions, you can also reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Samsung Care has been a disaster to deal with. This alone ruins the Samsung experience.

The issues were sporadic. On return the phone was scratched (!) but I was able to remove it, and the S Pen nib blunt (!) — so much for the “care” aspect being delivered to customers.

I would not recommend a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 after this experience which is tarnished by the Care received or lack thereof.

Purchased in December 2018.

Software
Hi Dr. Ashley, Thanks for being open and honest about your experience so we can learn from it. I have sent you a PM, requesting more details so I can look into this. Lisa Samsung AUThank you Lisa. As shared, not sure what can be done. After Samsung Care having the phone twice for evaluation in as many weeks, my iPhone SE is still faster. For the “best phone” on the market prior to your latest releases, this shouldn’t be the case with a near 2 year old model from Apple.

Fast, bright, quick to charge with QC3.0 chargers

It's quite a large phone, so make sure you handle it (or a dummy of it) before you buy one. Think about how much bigger/heavier it will be with the style of case you intend to use with it.
Size and weight aside, the phone is very responsive, and has run every game that I've thrown at it, flawlessly and without lag. The ability to add a MicroSD Card is a bonus. I've read it can handle SD cards up to 1TB, but I've only used mine with a 256Gig, and it works fine.

It should be noted, that under the default firmware, there is no option to make MicroSD cards "adoptable". I can't comment on rooted phones, as I'm not willing to try to root this phone.

The stylus is accurate, and good for note taking and drawing (personal lack of skill aside), and has the added functionality of being able to help you to remotely activate the shutter on the camera (within bluetooth distance).

The Note 9 has a separate headphone jack, so you don't need to use a special adaptor to plug your own head phones in (when you're not using bluetooth headphones).

One thing that I do find annoying, is the "Edge Panel", which allows you to add you favourite contacts and favourite apps, which you can access if you swipe from the right. I accidentally activate it when using the phone (and other apps). It's supposed to be a quick access way to switch apps and stuff, but you can already do that using the "previous apps" button. I only just learned how to disable it (in Settings>Display>Edge screen)

Purchased in September 2018 at Vodafone for $1,199.00.

Software
This is what we like to hear! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Tiffiny and thank you for leaving your positive feedback :) If you’re having trouble with the edge panel, you can adjust the location of the edge panel by opening Settings > Display > Edge screen >Edge Panel. Try adjusting it to a different location to see if that helps to resolve the issue. If you have any questions, you can also reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

No words. So disappointed and let down.

The phone was behaving pretty good — then 6 weeks in I started to notice odd errors. From slow text key responses, then to the assistant menu literally “spazzing” out all over the place before settling and unable to unlock the phone. This was reported in detail to Samsung who proceeded to take my phone and send it away. I was told I would hear within 2 days the outcome. I never received a phone call. I called them on three occasions and was guaranteed a call back. Not once was I called. Then last call I eacalated it to VOC who didn’t share nor care — but did say my phone was being returned and was blatantly a software issue (all they did was reset the phone, something they could have been done from home). Upon return the service notes did not indicate the issue to be investigated. All they did was reset the phone and it worked — no surprise. The issues were sporadic. This experience has been horrible to say the least and without the phone for a week and a half. What could Samsung do? Nothing solved just a set of movie tickets. The catch? On return the phone was scratched (!) but I was able to remove it, and the S Pen nib blunt (!) — so much for the “care” aspect being delivered to customers.

Hi Dr. Ashley, we've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through? Lisa Samsung AUThis has been replied to. Not sure if a resolution is available but will give benefit of the doubt. Out of the past 3 weeks Samsung Care has had my phone (now found) where I had it for two of those days w/o a call from Samsung Care, once. Dare I say this is losing Samsung a customer, and businesses, knowing this is how we’re treated when an issue arises.

This is amazing

Easy to use, the camera and videos are great. I love this phone, will buy another one for my sister and my daughter. The touch screen is Very smooth ,it's really amazing. Thumbs up

Purchased in December 2018 at Feminine Mysteries for $1,500.00.

Software
This is what we like to hear! We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Charlene and thank you for leaving your positive feedback :) If you have any questions, you can also reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Terrible

I switched from the Google pixel 2xl to this brick. This crap goes on and on about it's battery life which I've barely noticed a difference from my old phone. I get pop ups and unwanted screen ads which I'm not used to considering that never happened with my pixel phone. Just changing the theme will cost you money. Not to mention this slow chunk of scrap will literally crash with just chrome open and only 1 tab. I can't scroll through Facebook without glitches and pop ups and the inevitable crash. Let's not even mention the terrible speakers and glitchy phone calls. I cant text from the pull down and in general it is clunky and not streamlined at all. I've never been more disappointed in a phone, and I had the S4 for over 4 years. I hate this phone and truly regret my purchase as I'm stuck with this steaming pile for two more years until I can upgrade. Literally any phone at this point would be an upgrade.

Purchased in January 2019 at Verizon for $1,000.00.

Software
We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through? Jo Samsung AU

Takes care of all my phone and computing needs

Love the Bluetooth pen functionality
Including point the pen at foreign language and it will translate.
Write notes onto screen as soon as unlock pen from phone,
So many other options, I don't even own a computer anymore as this phone with DEX actually becomes my computer onto tv screen without any other parts required to purchase.
The in built speakers are actually amazing lol.
Big screen
Easy to project.
Power point
Word processing.
It's all in this one device, really!
I upgraded from s8.
Will always go the note from now on.
Easy to unlock with multiple options, some of them just require you to pick it up.
Encryption
Safety plus.
Very powerful unit, fast, huge capacity.
Say goodbye to your desktop or laptop, they are now no longer needed, honestly. Have not found anything I did with them that I have not been able to do just with this device.

Purchased in February 2019 at Optus.

Very functional.

I have had this phone now for nearly three months. I switched back to Samsung after 7 years with another brand. For me the stylus and associated options for use is the shining star here. Love it. So easy to take notes on screen shots, hand write quick notes or more detailed documents and hand write on what's app. Very functional.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very very good.

This is the first android phone that I have actually liked and enjoyed the unique features it offers. I used to like iOS simplicity but since switching I have found androids features to be eye opening. The hardware is very capable for everything I do. I use it for youtuve. Filming 4k. And gaming on PUBG. My only gripe is that I though all version were dual Sim. But actually only note 9 that is bought outright from Samsung are dual Sim.

Purchased in October 2018 at Optus.