Samsung Galaxy S9+

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (2018)

64GB, 256GB, 128GB
See the Best Mobile Phones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware

RenB
RenBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loved this phone, but now screen is faulty just out of warranty

This has been a great phone and I've been very happy with it (aside from the average battery life) but a few months ago the screen started to have issues and now just a short time out of warranty the screen is flickering and is on its last legs. Always suspicious of expensive items that die just outside of warranty periods - its reasonable to expect a phone should last more than 2 years given how expensive they are. Support has been unable to provide a solution as hard restarts / safe mode / cache clearing didn't work so its definitely hardware related.

Purchased in October 2018 at Telstra Stores.

Bixby killed Galaxy series

Purchased in February 2018 at Officeworks Physical store for $1,200.00.

HollyWaffle
HollyWaffleHobart, TAS

Love this phone

I have had this phone for quite some time and it works great. Never had any trouble with it, has long battery life, quick touch screen response, plenty of storage and fast charge and as an added bonus, it comes it purple. Not looking for a new phone anytime soon.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crap product quality

I have bought Samsung s9 plus brand new. I have used it all the time very professionally and it always been in very protective case. However it has pilled off its color from sensor. I was really disappointed with its product quality. I will never think to buy it.

MickSamsung
Ken Singh
Ken Singh

Very happy with my purchase, I love my Samsung Galaxy. The camera resolution is amazing. Apps run very smoothly and fast

It is very good phone, the Touch ID is amazing. The screen display/ resolution is very impressive. Phone has a very good processor. It is very fast and quick phone.

Purchased in January 2020 at PhoneBot for $500.00.

Performance
Software
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Samsung AUSamsung

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Galaxy A20! :)

Sara
Samsung Australia

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
Tim
TimGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great smartphone

I have been using this phone since May 2018 (around 20 months) and it has been great. Haven't had any issues with it to date and battery still holds charge almost as good as when I first got it.

Initially it felt a little big, but once you get use to its size, it's very hard to use a smaller phone and smaller screen.

Natalie
NatalieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Samsung again & again

I've exclusively been with Samsung, Galaxy range for years now continually upgrading & converting apple users over to the dark side...(Samsung) I have nearly 6000 photos & 2500 screen shots with a great camera.
There are a lot of uses with this device, that I don't need to go on my computer for, like in the past.
& It's Waterproof! (needed that feature in the 4)

Purchased at Telstra for $1,368.00.

Jimmy G
Jimmy GSydney

Generally good

Phone looks great - excellent screen.
Camera is fine for standard well lit photos but doesnt compare well (slow, grainy) with even a point&shoot camera.
For my use I cant get through the working day without recharging
Annoying bugs with some genuine apps - will reset overnight whilst charging
I guess it is amongst the best of mobile phones - will look for better battery life with my next phone

Purchased in April 2018 at Vodafone.

MickSamsung

Giavanna P.
Giavanna P.Sydney, NSW

Overall great phone. A bit annoying to set up but once going is great.

I love the camera on this phone. Night and bright day photos turn out great.
Brightness is fanatastic
I use my phone for social apps and a few games.
Yes this phone doesn't struggle with running.

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay.

Matt G.
Matt G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great phone

I use my Samsung S9+ for business. Pretty good phone. I hate the fact that when the S10 came out the "upgrade" made the look of the phone dated.

Occasionally I have to safe boot the phone and clear the cache partition when the phone slows down.

Purchased in November 2018 at Optus.

Kaz
KazRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Best phone ever!

This is one of the best phones I have ever had. The camera is amazing and as I use it for work purposes it was my choice of phone. Great navigation through apps. I cant fault it!

Purchased in November 2018.

Alana
Alana

Review for samsung s9+

Phone seems easily usuable. From someone how was mainly an apple user, it was difficult to navigate a samsung, i did start to learn where everything was after a week.
My charger port had broken within the first couple month of owning it, it no longer fit the charger into the charging port on my phone correctly.
Screen cracked within the first drop on the front screen and only recently did it drop and crack the back of the phone.
Other then that i quit enjoy using the phone, haven't had any other problems or issues regarding the phone, will purchase another samsung in the future.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,000.00.

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I love this phone!

This phone is one of the best phones I have owned. The camera quality is great I have taken over 5000 photos for my business and it is always on point. The durability of the phone itself is fantastic, I have had the phone for over a year now and it is still like new!
The phone itself runs smoothly, the apps work great and I barely get any lagging. I would recommend this android phone to all, much better than apple.

Purchased in July 2018 at Samsung Physical store for $1,200.00.

Timo F.
Timo F.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome phone

It's an awesome all round phone. Very durable and the waterproof feature makes it handy when you have a toddler who likes to put it in odd places. It's never slowed down since I've bought it and the fact that I work long hours and battery life on it is top notch makes this phone perfect as it hasn't died on me yet. The only reason why I gave it a 4 stat is because I saw online the price comparison to fix screens was crazy as this was by far the most expensive. However. I wouldn't change this phone for any other brand. (Except maybe an upgrade in model. Lol)

Purchased in November 2018.

Nathan V.
Nathan V.Sydney, NSW

Samsung S9 - The phone that no one can live without

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,300.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

tomlind51
tomlind51asked
Galaxy S9+ (2018)

how do i get a cheap power supply for Samsung s9+

AdaSamsung

Hey Tom, can you send us a private message via the link below so we can gather some further information on your enquiry?

Jo
Samsung AU

James P
James Pasked
Galaxy S9+ 64GB (2018)

My screen has been cracked recently and there is also a black spot on the lcd now. The quick settings drop down menu is also now behaving erratically making the device almost unusable at times, I suspect this is because of the drop and broken screen. If it wasn't for the glitching menu thing I could live with the cracked screen as the phone functions fine otherwise. How much would it cost to replace screen if repaired through Samsung.

AdaSamsung

Accidents happen, James! We have provided a link to help generate a quote for possible repairs as well as assist you in booking in an appointment.

Jo
Samsung AU

Ccc
Cccasked
Galaxy S9+ 256GB (2018)

I bought a S9+ 256gb last year before reviews on it existed. I then heard Samsung had blocked Call Recording apps from working on it so without ever opening the phone I sold it off losing $400 & went back to the S8+. Is it true Call Recording apps don't work on this handset?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Cory, based on Google’s security policy and local law, Samsung had blocked call recording through 3rd party ACR applications. We truly do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and I will be sure to pass your feedback along.

Sara
Samsung Australia

See all Samsung Galaxy S9+ (2018) questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (2018)

Compare all 3 Samsung Galaxy S9+ (2018)
CategoryMobile PhonesMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Price (RRP) $1,349.00$1,499.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-CUSB-CUSB-C
Operating SystemAndroidAndroidAndroid
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Build
Weight189 g189 g189 g
Colour / FinishMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, Sunrise GoldMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, Sunrise GoldMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, Sunrise Gold
Dimensions 158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm158.1 x 73.8 x 8.5 mm
Body MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Display
Pixel Density529 ppi529 ppi529 ppi
Display TechnologyAMOLEDAMOLED
Screen Size 6.2"6.2"6.2"
Screen Resolution1440 x 2960 pixels1440 x 2960 pixels1440 x 2960 pixels
Hardware
ChipsetOcta-core 4x2.7 GHz & 4x1.8 GHzOcta-core 4x2.7 GHz & 4x1.8 GHzOcta-core 4x2.7 GHz & 4x1.8 GHz
Battery Size3,500 mAh3,500 mAh3,500 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB256 GB128 GB
Memory (RAM)6 GB6 GB6 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide, 12 MP Telephoto12MP Wide, 12 MP Telephoto12MP Wide, 12 MP Telephoto
Front Camera(s)8MP Wide8MP Wide8MP Wide
Release dateMar 2018Mar 2018Mar 2018
Compare all 3 Samsung Galaxy S9+ (2018)