Samsung Galaxy S9

Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018) (page 3 of 9)

64GB, 256GB

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware

Shopaholic123

Shopaholic123Perth

Upgrade of camera

Had been putting off upgrading my Samsung Galaxy since it was working well and I'm not one who needs the latest in technology. Turns out I'm impressed with the functionality of the camera embedded in the S9. Previously saw how the iPhone Xs camera took photos and was impressed with that but couldn't justify changing from being an Android user to an Apple user just from the camera. The filters available, the pro mode etc are all very much in use and a definite plus by the upgrade!

Setu

SetuPeel, WA

Absolutely terrible

The phone has terrible battery life and horrible network coverage . Since febuary when they updated to android PIE , my blueetoth seems to connect and disconnect on its own.Have given the phone to sevice centre for about 3 times and they are unable to find a solution and have told me to wait the year till android come out with a update .
Please dont waste your money on their phones , the after service is absolutely terrible.

Lisa K.Samsung
Sambo01

Sambo01Hunter Region, NSW

Great phone if you use all aspects

If your in to having all the modern up to date accessories then you will love this phone as did I but I'm happy with s5 or s6 so you could save hundreds if your not to concerned for being a little behind or out dated.

Debbie

DebbieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Love my phone

We have had Samsung galaxy phones for years and love them especially the s9 so easy to use and so many great features. The camera is wonderful so many great pics of the kid's and nature never fails me would recommend to anyone

Ourco

OurcoNorth Sydney

Not live up to expectation

Not sure if it is build issue but the finger print sensor paint peel off from two months of use.
Camera has good exposure for darker scene. Focus is not as fast as my previous Sony and picture seem a bit blurry when zoom in.
Battery is another area it can do better. With only browsing internet on train/bus, i can barely get a whole day with full charge.

Sebastian D.

Sebastian D.South East Queensland, QLD

Samsung getting the job done.

Very happy with the phone in total. Great camera and user interface. No problems to report.
System runs smoothly and operates as it should. Making calls and sending messages work as it should.

Bozo

BozoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy with it

Camera is much better than my old samsung s6, works pretty well in low light conditions as well.

It's not as thin as the s6 edge but this works for me because I find it easier to grasp.

So far there has been no slowdown and the battery life has been quite good.

Linh.HMelbourne

Perfect when I met you but 3 months in I started to see your true colours

kamikami

kamikamiHunter Region, NSW

So far so good

The shape is thin and long, allowing for one hand operation. The colour of the screen is vivid, responsive. The photo quality is great too. I love the slow motion video.

Christopher

ChristopherSydney, NSW

Does everything you need

Good phone, battery lasts all day. Good adjustable brightness. Haven't noticed any lag or delay yet with phone. Use phone for music, media everything really. I'm not much of a camera person but images do look crisp and clean

Mooner

Mooner

Won't ever buy another Samsung phone again.

Ana

AnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great phone

Amazing camera, takes great photos! Good battery life and good phone size. I love that it can fully charge within minutes. I don't like that Bixby always starts up when I accidentally swipe the bottom left of the screen - but that's just a minor thing. Overall I'm really happy with the phone.

Rad

RadSouthwest, VIC

Much better battery life

Replacing my s7, the battery life was very noticeable. Set up right I can easily go into the second day or two days of minimal use. Hate Bixby, but can be disabled.
Excellent camera and very stable with fast processing speed.
Nice upgrade, no issues, fast charging.

ValSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only Ok!

I dont find the curved screen user friendly and quite often I have to click several times for the apps to open. I am disappointed with the Samsung. Previously I had a Sony Experia which I loved.

Paul

PaulMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best phone ever

Best phone ever. Will be keeping it even when contract ends. Great size for my hand, takes amazing photos. Fast boot up, super high definition , super fast charging which is a great positive.

FiT

FiTSydney, NSW

Decent, no issues so far

Pretty happy with this phone so far. The camera is quite good, haven't had many apps crash or need to re start. I use this regularly with android auto in my car. Decent battery.

Michelle

MichelleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good light weight easy to use phone

Great camera, love how when a telemarketer calls its displays as spam or fraud calling so I no not to answer.
Plenty of storage space for photos ect
Nice and thin phone

Terrella

Full of bloatware & spyware that can't be uninstalled

Samsung AUSamsung

We appreciate your feedback Terella. this has been noted and we will be sure to pass this on internally.

Lisa

Cooper

CooperMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it!

I bought Samsung Galaxy recently and it was fantastic. It's easy to use and i feel very secure with the finger print scanner. I also love the camera quality - very sharp and bright. Don't mind paying a little extra.

Richard

Richard

Awesome!

Camera's clear, as I love to take lots pictures everytime I take my family out this feature is quite important. The features are simple to use and it looks great too.

Damoasked

Galaxy S9 (2018)

Is there a big difference between the international and Australia version of this phone? Kogan and elsewhere sell them for around $730 to $750 which is very cheap. Kogan do have a disclaimer saying that international models may not have some features such as Samsung Pay etc.

I do not know the asnwer to your question. I paid around $1000 for this phone

Damo

Thanks Val for replying. How long ago did you purchase it? With the S10 out now retailers have dropped the price of the S9 dramatically, but Samsung Australia still has them price expensively at $999 for the 64GB model.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Damo, international devices differ from the local Australian models through parts and software, as they are fitted, programmed and optimised for the country of purchase. Our service centres here in Australia are not equipped with the necessary parts and/or software to cater for international models.

If you do have any issues with the device, it is best to get in contact with the country of purchase to receive a remedy. You can find out more information via the below link:

Jo

circlek

circlekasked

Galaxy S9 64GB (2018)

Can you download the photos to your computer?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi, you are able to transfer downloaded photos to your PC. I have provided similar steps via the link below to help guide you.

> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/transfer-photos-from-phone-to-pc/

Jo

Robyn

Robynasked

Galaxy S9 256GB (2018)

I've just updated to an S9 - is there some way of showing that I have a message or missed a phone call? If I don't hear a message come in there is no indication on the screen like there was on all my other phones - they used to show a small number in the corner of the app on the screen

Ash
Ash

Check in setting if you have the notifications set on, they might not be, I get all the notifications from missed calls and texts but i also went through all the settings and changed them all to how I like them.

PhilSamsung

Hi there, thanks for your question!

There are a few ways you can check if you have missed calls, messages or notifications.

Firstly, if you have your Always On feature enabled you will see notification icons below the time.

(Please note if you have Battery Saver on Always On gets disabled as well as the LED indicator on the top left of the screen).

Check Settings > Notifications > Enable 'App Icon Badges' > Click into App Icon Badges and make sure under 'Badge Style' Show with number is enabled.

Then below that there is a 'Show notifications' feature which if you turn on, you can press & hold onto an app, and it'll give you a small notification preview. (Please check through the list of apps in the first page to see if the right apps are enabled).

Check Settings > Display > Enable LED indicator

Hope this helps! And remember, if Battery Saver is turned on, most of your notifications indicators will be disabled to save battery.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare both Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018)
Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB
  • Discontinued

Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB (2018)

CategoryMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Price (RRP) A$1,199.00A$1,349.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-CUSB-C
Operating SystemAndroidAndroid
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Build
Weight163 g163 g
Colour / FinishMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, Sunrise GoldMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue
Dimensions 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
Battery Size3,000 mAh3,000 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB256 GB
Memory (RAM)4 GB4 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide12MP Wide
Front Camera(s)8 MP Wide8 MP Wide
Release dateMar 2018Mar 2018
Compare both Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018)

• GTIN14: 08801643165154