Samsung Galaxy S9

Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018) (page 4 of 9)

64GB, 256GB

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware

Lawrence

LawrenceSt Arnaud

A horrible waste of tech

this phone is absolutely the worst, things open when they shouldn't
I call people from my pocket
I,have to tap the screen so many times before an app opens.... Beware of this garbage.
I'm going back to an Oppo phone!

Skinny

SkinnyPerth, WA

This is a brand that I cannot do without

I received this Samsung after going into a Telstra store. The manager in the store advised me of all the advantages of having one and I also got a special deal on it. I have found it great as it satisfies all of my requirements. I now cannot go past Samsung.

Elizabeth

ElizabethGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great workhorse, does everything I need

I have not had a moment's problem with this phone.
The camera is the reason I bought the phone and it's excellent both day and night.
The display is crisp and clear.
Apps run well.
I use it as a computer, a camera, a fitness tracker (Runkeeper) and of course navigator (Google Maps).
Hope I don't need to upgrade for a long time!

Tim

TimGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beautiful phone, software is ok and the price is going down!

The Samsung Galaxy s9 is arguably the most beautiful phone ever created. Samsung Galaxy S line of phones are world famous for their design and build quality. Holding this phone in your hand is like picking up a device from the future. Battery life is excellent and Samsung's UI and operating system software is getting better with every update. Now that the s10 is out the s9 is getting cheaper.

wazza22

wazza22South East Queensland, QLD

excellent ph upgraded from a 7

great phone smart features easy to use ,, , plenty of gadgets.. good phone camera excellent ..easy to use..light weight..easy load apps..easy to use..easy to read numbers.. nice colours..will allways stick with a samsung

Sabbu

SabbuSydney, NSW

Good phone with great camera

I really liked the phone. It has good camera which is the best feature and it was a good change after using iphone for about a decade. Really recommend it.

casey13

casey13Western District, VIC

Its ok

First of all the camera quality does not disappoint, as are all samsung cameras it is excellent on the S9. I have found the battery doesn't last very long, I have to charge my phone every night, the button below the volume keys for Bixby is a tad annoying or just may take longer to get used to. Overall I have found the s9 To be just as good as my s7 Edge and my rather cheap OPPO.

Joy C

Joy CSydney, NSW

Amazing camera quality but battery could be better

As a flagship phone goes, everything is pretty standard. Speed is fast, touch is sensitive, interface is intuitive.
I take a lot of photos and while there is no "portrait mode", the "selective focus" does a good job of creating the bokeh effect. Where the S9 really stands out is the low light photography. I can take sharp photos with accurate white balance in dimly lit restaurants using the auto settings (attached photo taken at night and in the rain). The biggest downside is that even on a normal workday where I don't make extensive use of my phone, the battery only lasts one day on optimised mode.

RachelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery life bad bad bad

Had Samsung S9 for just over 1 month, battery life barely last 2 days on medium power saving. My Samsung S7 edge had better battery life, I have had an iPhone 7 (work phone) for 18 months, use all day during working hours last at least 3 days. How could you go so wrong samsung. Not happy

Rachel

Thank you I will do that.

Jenny

JennyNorth Queensland, QLD

Easy phone to use

The camera quality is very good with this phone. There is no need to buy a separate camera. The phone is easy to use, apps easily install and I have not had an issue at all with this type of phone.

Great Phone, Has all the Bells and Whistles

Fantastic phone. The camera is great and the screen is gorgeous to look at. Samsung software is easy to use but at times feels like there is too much on that is not needed and makes the phone slower.

Harley

HarleyGippsland, VIC

Camera quality is decent, occasionally plays up however most the time works well. Display is fantastic am yet to have a problem with it. Apps and games run smoothly and the built in cache cleaner app is fantastic.

Ajay

AjayCentral West, NSW

Love it

My New Samsung S9 is my go to girl . I simply could not get through and juggle life without it . From taking photos and capturing memories to appointments for the kids , makes my life easier

Sam E

Sam EPerth

Its ok! Not as 'Amazing ' as the guy in telstra said.

Was told the phone is amazing...
The camera never focuses, even when using the selective focus setting, it takes the photo but always says could not focus..
The battery life is terrible, my husband gets nearly two days from his phone, i get a day if that, i have only been up a hour took it of charge and it is now down to 78% and i havent watched anything just been googling reviews on this phone, and all open apps are closed,

Dont like how the screen goes around the sides so brought a phone cover,

I wish I stayed with what I had but ohh well

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Sam, sorry to hear you feel this way about your S9. Have you had a chance to visit a Samsung service centre? >https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Anna
Samsung Australia

M Holden

M HoldenHobart, TAS

Last few versions were better

The camera is amazing on this phone and the close ups are like looking through a microscope. I cannot fault the camera. I do not like the curved screen and find the edge of the screen too easy to accidentally touch and then start other apps. The finger print scanner is not easy to use on the back and I like it on the front better like with the S7. The sounds are good. I can no longer put a different ring tone on for each contact which seems like a step backwards.

Satinder

SatinderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is so cheap and crap phone......

Samsung is crap and cheap phone. I wonder whose stupid idiot made these phone. Always had so many problems whenever I use this crap phone. iPhones are much better and their customer service is best also not like crap Samsung!!!!!

Samsung AUSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Pitpat

PitpatHobart, TAS

I like my new phone

kathir77

kathir77Queanbeyan

Nice phone

I like this phone.

Pros:
1. Screen resolution
2. Nice camera
3. Easy to access apps and other things

Cons:
1. When you hold the phone the hand touches the screen, sometimes apps started
2. Unhappy with the battery life.

Tammy

Tammy

I've converted from apple for a better camera

I'm so happy with the camera on this phone compared to my old apple phone. The processing speed and loading apps is also so much faster. Also so much easier to load photos on and off phone compared to apple. I still love apple TV and wish samsung did a similar thing but I got this phone for a better camera and bigger storage and am absolutely impressed with both.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Sarah

SarahMelbourne

Reliable phone!

MESSAGING AND CALLS. - Very easy to call and to message people. Great controls and a great look. You can even put some contacts on your home screen to all them easily and set some numbers up on speed dial.

CAMERA QUALITY - Absolutely amazing. I have a good Canon camera & "some" photos I take with my phone, people think I took them with my camera & they become amazed when I tell them, that it's actually my phone. Love using the focus mode and it blurs out the back ground beautifully. Night mode is great when using flash .

BATTERY LIFE - Battery has been working fantastic for me!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Damoasked

Galaxy S9 (2018)

Is there a big difference between the international and Australia version of this phone? Kogan and elsewhere sell them for around $730 to $750 which is very cheap. Kogan do have a disclaimer saying that international models may not have some features such as Samsung Pay etc.

Val
Val

I do not know the asnwer to your question. I paid around $1000 for this phone

Damo

Thanks Val for replying. How long ago did you purchase it? With the S10 out now retailers have dropped the price of the S9 dramatically, but Samsung Australia still has them price expensively at $999 for the 64GB model.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Damo, international devices differ from the local Australian models through parts and software, as they are fitted, programmed and optimised for the country of purchase. Our service centres here in Australia are not equipped with the necessary parts and/or software to cater for international models.

If you do have any issues with the device, it is best to get in contact with the country of purchase to receive a remedy. You can find out more information via the below link:

circlek

circlekasked

Galaxy S9 64GB (2018)

Can you download the photos to your computer?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi, you are able to transfer downloaded photos to your PC. I have provided similar steps via the link below to help guide you.

> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/transfer-photos-from-phone-to-pc/

Robyn

Robynasked

Galaxy S9 256GB (2018)

I've just updated to an S9 - is there some way of showing that I have a message or missed a phone call? If I don't hear a message come in there is no indication on the screen like there was on all my other phones - they used to show a small number in the corner of the app on the screen

Ash
Ash

Check in setting if you have the notifications set on, they might not be, I get all the notifications from missed calls and texts but i also went through all the settings and changed them all to how I like them.

PhilSamsung

Hi there, thanks for your question!

There are a few ways you can check if you have missed calls, messages or notifications.

Firstly, if you have your Always On feature enabled you will see notification icons below the time.

(Please note if you have Battery Saver on Always On gets disabled as well as the LED indicator on the top left of the screen).

Check Settings > Notifications > Enable 'App Icon Badges' > Click into App Icon Badges and make sure under 'Badge Style' Show with number is enabled.

Then below that there is a 'Show notifications' feature which if you turn on, you can press & hold onto an app, and it'll give you a small notification preview. (Please check through the list of apps in the first page to see if the right apps are enabled).

Check Settings > Display > Enable LED indicator

Hope this helps! And remember, if Battery Saver is turned on, most of your notifications indicators will be disabled to save battery.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare both Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018)
Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB
  • Discontinued

Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB (2018)

CategoryMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Price (RRP) A$1,199.00A$1,349.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-CUSB-C
Operating SystemAndroidAndroid
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Build
Weight163 g163 g
Colour / FinishMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, Sunrise GoldMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue
Dimensions 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
Battery Size3,000 mAh3,000 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB256 GB
Memory (RAM)4 GB4 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide12MP Wide
Front Camera(s)8 MP Wide8 MP Wide
Release dateMar 2018Mar 2018
Compare both Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018)

• GTIN14: 08801643165154