Samsung Galaxy S9

• Hardware
Mac

MacSydney, NSW

Major Problems following recent update

Major problems following an update last week. Phone worked perfectly before this update.
So far I have found:-
It is now almost impossible to open websites. Previously no problems
All my photos were wiped out. Not in backup or anywhere on the phone
Problems with Smart Call.
I do not have excess data in any category.
Tech support were not able to help.
Really disappointed

Purchased in July 2018.

GurtoMid North Coast, NSW

No wonder the Samsung S9 has been discontinued, as it's a very ordinary phone for this day & age

The Samsung S9 is honestly the worst phone I've ever used. This phone calls people randomly at any time of the day or night. Starts up websites without even touching anything, can't edit properly, camera was useless I can go on & on. Honestly for this day & age, this is the WORST phone by far I've ever used. Samsung should be totally ashamed of themselves for even putting this to market & for sale. Absolutely useless phone & has caused me so much grief it's ridiculous!! No wonder it got discontinued - it's crap!! Total waste of money.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,299.00.

Gurto

Thanks for your reply Kath, appreciated. Yes no problems at all.

Annie01SYDNEY

Worst phone

Annie01

Have been using samsung for many years now looks like have to go to iphone, cannot afford to go through many repairs and getting a second hand replacement phone from samsung with the same issue or more, have lost too much on samsung phone

Mick

Mick

Galaxy S9 wont load

Phone was good but now wont load , freezes or takes a long time to load. Have turned on and off and re booted many times. Battery drains very quickly also . I optimise my device care many times a day and close all apps when i finish with them. Have been using Samsung for many years think its time for a change.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$1,200.00.

KathSamsung

Worst phone ever. And worst service. Apple is far better than samsung.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Navi. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Setu

SetuPeel, WA

Absolutely terrible

The phone has terrible battery life and horrible network coverage . Since febuary when they updated to android PIE , my blueetoth seems to connect and disconnect on its own.Have given the phone to sevice centre for about 3 times and they are unable to find a solution and have told me to wait the year till android come out with a update .
Please dont waste your money on their phones , the after service is absolutely terrible.

Purchased in March 2018 at Vodafone.

Lisa K.Samsung
Lawrence

LawrenceSt Arnaud

A horrible waste of tech

this phone is absolutely the worst, things open when they shouldn't
I call people from my pocket
I,have to tap the screen so many times before an app opens.... Beware of this garbage.
I'm going back to an Oppo phone!

Purchased in March 2019.

Satinder

SatinderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is so cheap and crap phone......

Samsung is crap and cheap phone. I wonder whose stupid idiot made these phone. Always had so many problems whenever I use this crap phone. iPhones are much better and their customer service is best also not like crap Samsung!!!!!

Purchased in May 2018 for A$1,600.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Samsung AU

No one tells you the price to fix the screen! Horrified!!

My phone was protected with a case and screen protector. Only 3 weeks old my phone was sadly dropped at hip height and I'm no BFG but smash! With almost tears in my eyes as I did everything to protect it and it still smashed I went to the repair shop! Here the tears let go! I was told by the repairman that the screen protectors dont work well due to curved edges and it will cost me $490 to fix. What the actual fries! NOTHING to do with the repair shops, Price set by samsung! Keep this in mind when purchasing this brand! I am now the owner of a (not a one of a kind at that price )cracked S9!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Find out how Samsung Galaxy S9 compares to other Mobile Phones

Never been more disappointed.

Never been more upset with a phone before coming from using an iPhone after 6 years to this. Battery is horrible, phone dials people itself, screen sometimes plays up, way too expensive to fix and Samsung don't help In any way. Have had it for nearly 2 months now and screen decides to freeze and go yellow on its own.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Joel

Joel

I should have stuck with iPhone

Date PurchasedJun 2018
PhilSamsung

Hi Joel, thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we're sorry to hear that the S9 has not met your expectations. I have sent you a private message, to discuss and assist further.

Philip
Samsung Australia

This phone cant stay connected to the internet when all of my other devices can

My laptop stays connected, my tablet does but this phone cant stay connected reliably for despite being the so called best android phone of 2018. Never going to buy another samsung product again. I guess the specs are good, it looks good but if a phone cant do something as basic as this properly then its a horrible product. There are phones as good as this out there which cost less but aren't recognized as much because Samsung has been feeding off its own overrated brand name.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Dont buy S9

So frustrating. Try sending a message to a new number. Nightmare!! No write new message button. Loved my Note 4.... loath the changes on S9. Keyboard changes mean dialogue box keeps jumping because arrow buttons too close to dialogue box edges... big time buyers regret.
Battery life not soo great either.. disappointed

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Dbh

DbhWa

What a piece of crud

This phone is confusing and badly designed always had Samsung phones this will be my last. Texting is a nightmare with its curved screen.cant figure out how to differ my ringtones. If your looking for a new phone give this one a miss.phew thanks Samsung for all the activation you have caused me.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Stephen

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bluetooth EXTRA COST

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Fergo

FergoCanberra 2600, ACT

pop up adverts

I recently changed from apple to samsung but I was shocked to get pop up adverts on my samsung. So this experament is over, I never had pop ups in my iPhone. The samsung is faster but at least I don't get pop up adverts while using my iPhone. Don't buy.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Damoasked

Galaxy S9 (2018)

Is there a big difference between the international and Australia version of this phone? Kogan and elsewhere sell them for around $730 to $750 which is very cheap. Kogan do have a disclaimer saying that international models may not have some features such as Samsung Pay etc.

Val
Val

I do not know the asnwer to your question. I paid around $1000 for this phone

Damo

Thanks Val for replying. How long ago did you purchase it? With the S10 out now retailers have dropped the price of the S9 dramatically, but Samsung Australia still has them price expensively at $999 for the 64GB model.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Damo, international devices differ from the local Australian models through parts and software, as they are fitted, programmed and optimised for the country of purchase. Our service centres here in Australia are not equipped with the necessary parts and/or software to cater for international models.

If you do have any issues with the device, it is best to get in contact with the country of purchase to receive a remedy. You can find out more information via the below link:

circlek

circlekasked

Galaxy S9 64GB (2018)

Can you download the photos to your computer?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi, you are able to transfer downloaded photos to your PC. I have provided similar steps via the link below to help guide you.

> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/transfer-photos-from-phone-to-pc/

Robyn

Robynasked

Galaxy S9 256GB (2018)

I've just updated to an S9 - is there some way of showing that I have a message or missed a phone call? If I don't hear a message come in there is no indication on the screen like there was on all my other phones - they used to show a small number in the corner of the app on the screen

Ash
Ash

Check in setting if you have the notifications set on, they might not be, I get all the notifications from missed calls and texts but i also went through all the settings and changed them all to how I like them.

PhilSamsung

Hi there, thanks for your question!

There are a few ways you can check if you have missed calls, messages or notifications.

Firstly, if you have your Always On feature enabled you will see notification icons below the time.

(Please note if you have Battery Saver on Always On gets disabled as well as the LED indicator on the top left of the screen).

Check Settings > Notifications > Enable 'App Icon Badges' > Click into App Icon Badges and make sure under 'Badge Style' Show with number is enabled.

Then below that there is a 'Show notifications' feature which if you turn on, you can press & hold onto an app, and it'll give you a small notification preview. (Please check through the list of apps in the first page to see if the right apps are enabled).

Check Settings > Display > Enable LED indicator

Hope this helps! And remember, if Battery Saver is turned on, most of your notifications indicators will be disabled to save battery.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare both Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018)
Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB
  • Discontinued

Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB (2018)

CategoryMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Price (RRP) A$1,199.00A$1,349.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-CUSB-C
Operating SystemAndroidAndroid
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Build
Weight163 g163 g
Colour / FinishMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, Sunrise GoldMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue
Dimensions 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
Battery Size3,000 mAh3,000 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB256 GB
Memory (RAM)4 GB4 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide12MP Wide
Front Camera(s)8 MP Wide8 MP Wide
Release dateMar 2018Mar 2018
Compare both Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018)

• GTIN14: 08801643165154