Samsung Galaxy S9

• Software
  • Battery Life
  • Camera Quality
  • Hardware

Worst Android phone I have owned.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$800.00.

MickSamsung
Andy C.

Andy C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rubbish

Garbage phone. The worst Samsung I've owned. Inaccurate touch screen, terrible button placement and God damn Bixby that you can't turn off. Samsung really dropped thd ball. Don't buy this phone.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$400.00.

MickSamsung

RachelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Battery life bad bad bad

Had Samsung S9 for just over 1 month, battery life barely last 2 days on medium power saving. My Samsung S7 edge had better battery life, I have had an iPhone 7 (work phone) for 18 months, use all day during working hours last at least 3 days. How could you go so wrong samsung. Not happy

Purchased in January 2019.

Rachel

Thank you I will do that.

Mobile Phones

Find out how Samsung Galaxy S9 compares to other Mobile Phones

Shantoo

ShantooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hate Bixbie

Omg I hate hate hate Bixbie, granted I don't know what it is or how it works except and a marketing device that gets in the way everytime I use the phone. I do not want advertising on my phone!!!!! I have managed to turn everything Bixbie off but it is so horrible I can't like my phone, it has tainted any enjoyment I could of had from having a new phone. I was an iPhone user and the similar but different operating system is annoying to get used to, the change in connecting cables from previous Samsungs is annoying too, Siri was not something I used but at least I could choose his voice for when I did use him and he didn't try to sell me anything. I get Bixbie is Samsung's Siri but it is a horrible version.

Shannon McLeanMelbourne

Its battery is so bad

OK, so it's a good phone. But the battery sucks so bad I LITERALLY returned the brand new S9! I'm so surprised to. With all the updates and software on the device that to expect the battery to just run out so quickly and easily. It's a nightmare! I need a phone, all day everyday and I'm used to using a phone all day everyday without recharging, not with the S9!

Thank you.

Kelly

KellyMurray Mallee, SA

Unreliable!! Delayed smses

I loved my s8 then decided to upgrade to s9. Big regrets!! My smses to friends are delayed or end up grouped and recieved hours later! Very unreliable SMS service! The rest of the phone is great. Just not the SMS. I really regret the mobile now! I dont recommend it! My friend has same phone and he has same problems!

Brad McAlpineAdelaide South Australia

Day one and hate it already

Had phone for a total of 3 hours and hate it .
Any functions close to edge of screen you need to nearly press your finger through the glass to get to respond .
Face , retina and fingerprint login have repeatedly failed so switched them off .
Smart switch transfer only transferred some of my apps and corrupted some that did make it across .
Bluetooth recognition to car won't work .

Brad McAlpine

This rubbish just gets worse.
Now its not holding charge (yes ALL my apps are off) and getting hot.
Charging takes ages and it gets red hot during that.
I cant charge it on any surface affected by heat or near anything that may catch fire.

Average

I don't like that you can't customize much at all on this phone. The ring tones and message notification sounds aren't that good. Background and themes are so limited. Can't change message background. Can't change keyboard. I shouldn't have to download apps to customize my phone to how I want it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Atticus Fetch

Atticus Fetch

Okay, yet not worth the price tag

If this phone came without Bixby I'd give this item 4 stars. Or at least come without the need for 3rd party app to disable.

Very poor button sizing, needs to be addressed.

Great earphones.

Getting annoyed at this fifty words requirement. When only a few can describe accurately and just as easily

Mobile Phones

Find out how Samsung Galaxy S9 compares to other Mobile Phones

Disappointed

1.) Visual aid CONSTANTLY turning on = needs a new access mode. Can't even tell you how many times I have had to go into Accessabillty to turn it off. Super annoying.
2.) Bixby does NOT need a side button. Home screen icon, great. But a side button makes it (again) annoying to have to constantly swipe away.
3.) And MOST IMPORTANTLY, I was told this phone was fast as heck, the best phone on the market by far. First few days, good but nothing special. Less than 2 weeks on...pitiful. I have pretty average apps on my phone. No games, etc. Clean privacy settings, etc. It is now slower than my S6. It seems like it just went kaput. Going back to the store tomorrow.
VERY DISAPPOINTED

This phone sucks

The camera takes crappy pictures and when you close your phone it opens apps by itself. Bigsby is annoying and a waste of time. He/she is not very smart. I would of kept my Galaxy 7 if I knew ahead of time that this phone is garbage. Next time I'm doing my research first.

Jack

JackISSAQUAH

Who do they pay for the great reviews ?

I don't know if I have a lemon but this phone is tap tap tap tap before it will go anywhere. For example it has taken nearly 15 minutes to write this ! I constantly have to check or go back to see if the function I'm trying is occurring. I'm extremely unhappy with spending 700.00 plus for this poor of quality that will likely only last 3 years at best. Money talks and that shows when Samsung and Apple control the market.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jess

JessAustralia

Buyers Remorse

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Damoasked

Galaxy S9 (2018)

Is there a big difference between the international and Australia version of this phone? Kogan and elsewhere sell them for around $730 to $750 which is very cheap. Kogan do have a disclaimer saying that international models may not have some features such as Samsung Pay etc.

Val
Val

I do not know the asnwer to your question. I paid around $1000 for this phone

Damo

Thanks Val for replying. How long ago did you purchase it? With the S10 out now retailers have dropped the price of the S9 dramatically, but Samsung Australia still has them price expensively at $999 for the 64GB model.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Damo, international devices differ from the local Australian models through parts and software, as they are fitted, programmed and optimised for the country of purchase. Our service centres here in Australia are not equipped with the necessary parts and/or software to cater for international models.

If you do have any issues with the device, it is best to get in contact with the country of purchase to receive a remedy. You can find out more information via the below link:

Jo
Samsung AU

circlek

circlekasked

Galaxy S9 64GB (2018)

Can you download the photos to your computer?

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi, you are able to transfer downloaded photos to your PC. I have provided similar steps via the link below to help guide you.

> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/transfer-photos-from-phone-to-pc/

Jo
Samsung AU

Robyn

Robynasked

Galaxy S9 256GB (2018)

I've just updated to an S9 - is there some way of showing that I have a message or missed a phone call? If I don't hear a message come in there is no indication on the screen like there was on all my other phones - they used to show a small number in the corner of the app on the screen

Ash
Ash

Check in setting if you have the notifications set on, they might not be, I get all the notifications from missed calls and texts but i also went through all the settings and changed them all to how I like them.

PhilSamsung

Hi there, thanks for your question!

There are a few ways you can check if you have missed calls, messages or notifications.

Firstly, if you have your Always On feature enabled you will see notification icons below the time.

(Please note if you have Battery Saver on Always On gets disabled as well as the LED indicator on the top left of the screen).

Check Settings > Notifications > Enable 'App Icon Badges' > Click into App Icon Badges and make sure under 'Badge Style' Show with number is enabled.

Then below that there is a 'Show notifications' feature which if you turn on, you can press & hold onto an app, and it'll give you a small notification preview. (Please check through the list of apps in the first page to see if the right apps are enabled).

Check Settings > Display > Enable LED indicator

Hope this helps! And remember, if Battery Saver is turned on, most of your notifications indicators will be disabled to save battery.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare both Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018)
Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB
  • Discontinued

Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB (2018)

CategoryMobile PhonesMobile Phones
Price (RRP) A$1,199.00A$1,349.00
Features3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging3.5mm Headphone Jack, Expandable Storage, Waterproof and Wireless Charging
Charging PortUSB-CUSB-C
Operating SystemAndroidAndroid
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Build
Weight163 g163 g
Colour / FinishMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue, Sunrise GoldMidnight Black, Lilac Purple, Coral Blue
Dimensions 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
Battery Size3,000 mAh3,000 mAh
Internal Storage64 GB256 GB
Memory (RAM)4 GB4 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)12MP Wide12MP Wide
Front Camera(s)8 MP Wide8 MP Wide
Release dateMar 2018Mar 2018
Compare both Samsung Galaxy S9 (2018)

• GTIN14: 08801643165154