Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"

10.1" Wi-Fi and 10.1" With S Pen 4G

Pretty decent tablet for the price

Got this for my little girl and she loves it. Use it for watching kid shows and drawings.
I'll say it's pretty decent tablet for kid nowadays, does it job by keeping them entertained.

Purchased in August 2018 at eBay for $299.00.

Hardware
Front (Selfie) Camera Quality
Software
Security
Speed
This is what we love to hear! We’re glad to hear your daughter is enjoying her Samsung Tab A and thank you for leaving your positive feedback. If you have any questions, you can reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

Perfect tablet!

I purchased this tablet for my daughter. It's a good sturdy tablet. Affordable price. I think its best option for the money. Works great with kids youtube app and android kids apps. High resolution screen. Easy to use if you already own some Samsung phones like me . Long lasting battery. Everything works great. Very happy with it's performance:)

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very good value for money.

This tablet satisfy my daily needs, it works very smoothly with a lots of common apps and sync all my emails accounts. Casting you tube video on my smart TV was easy. We found this tablet to be good value for money.
The model maybe year 2016 but the Android version is one of the latest updated version. The sound quality is rather flat but when we cast it on TV, it does not matter cos we are watching it on TV. For the price we pay we are getting many beautiful moments using this tablet. We are just one of the many who appreciate this Samsung Tablet.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Wow! We’re so blown away by your review. It made our day here at Samsung. Thank you for sharing this with us.We were having TAB E 9.6 and were having trouble, unable to update android 4.4 to the latest version, making it a minus point owning a Samsung tablet, otherwise it is still a good tablet. We will appreciate if Samsung will accept it back and help us to upgrade and update the android version. The reason being I am getting unwanted scam AO and there is no way to get rid of them and it is annoying. Appreciate if Samsung can offer an acceptable solution. We love your tablets, its value for money. Thank you.

Fabulous tablet!!!

We purchased two of these tablets for our children to use. They are fast to switch on and operate. We have never had any WIFI connectivity issues. The screen is large and easy to use. The picture is excellent quality. Camera takes excellent photos too. Overall a great value tablet costing $299 each.

Quite disappointed...

I'm sorry to say that I'm really disappointed with this model...at times seems very sluggish loading my apps...it does the job but I brought this so I didn't have to use my main computer... for me it doesn't measure up to what I wanted yet is ok for my games & quick searching on the net... for the price it's quite an expensive item for playing games...

Does what I want it to

I only use this tablet to play games and watch netflix. I have had this for a year now and it still works as good as new. The battery life is extremely long even when I am watching videos which is good! I like that the screen is very big and the tablet doesn't have a huge border, the camera is good for general picture taking that I do.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Tablet!!

Mainly used for surfing the Net, watching movies and emails. Out of the box the Samsung Tab A was easy to setup and has heaps of pre-loaded apps but if you need more specialty type apps you can download from Google Playstore. Movies and pictures look great on the 10.1” screen. Sound from the tablet is only so so but a good set of ear/headphones will enhance your movie or tunes experience. Battery life is excellent.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

love it

I recently bought the Samsung galaxy tablet for my kids to keep them entertained on long car rides or while doing the the groccery shopping i wish i had bought one earlier would have saved me jours of frustration... i love the fact its easy to use and am able to put on movies shows very easy, the kids mode is great tbe kids c asn not get out of the mode without a password and wont play around on other apps when un supervised. The size is perfect highly recommended the 10", also love the fact you can buy sd card to expand the memory

Amazing love it

Amazing the best of the best and you will not regret it is the beat and it is the best and you will not regret it and it is the best. I don't want to sell it because it's new and has third party apps available to you to use and I think they should do more of these tablets out there. This really satisfied my needs of work and even making a movie. I really enjoy what I use on this. Simple to use and you can access your files from there easily and can edit documents. iOS systems can’t do that that’s why I love the Tab A. Also my friend recommended me this tablet and so I bought it. But I didn’t know it was this good. You guys who are reading this should really get this or maybe a newer version of the Tablets made by Samsung. Great work I love it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Love it

Great product, decent picture quality and graphics, sound quality is good. Easy to operate, plenty of storage space, great touch screen. Hardly use my laptop anymore as this is so handy and easy, kids love it and can navigate through screens easily, i see the " it's not an ipad" comments and no it isn't, i think it's better and alot more budget friendly

Date PurchasedJun 2016

So very handy

After buying the tablet l got rid of my laptop as l wasn't using it. So handy to just reach for the tablet when l need to check emails,Google or type a document and use my wireless printer.It fits in my handbag so l can take it on trains etc and watch a movie. I love it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great for Uni! Can't imagine uni without it now

Ive had this for just over a week... between the tablet and my laptop I have completely replaced all my paper notebooks (and textbooks too since most can be found as an ebook). Has been reliable, and the battery lasts an entire day of uni note-taking and googling and netflix and then some.
Super handy and the S-pen is great, just a little small so writing non-stop for over an hr might make your hand sore. I was concerned about the pen lagging in lectures but it has kept up amazingly. I have a problem in One-note when resting my palm on the screen, in which it sometimes scrolls the page as I put my hand down and I miss the line.... but I don't think that's unique to this tablet. Would love to get some sort of grip to put around the S-pen so that I can hold it properly and potentially eliminate this problem, otherwise pulling up my sleeve a bit helps too. Using the S-pen is also kind of addictive. Maybe that's just me.
Screen is probably just a little too large to read novels on, but the size is great cos I can split the screen so I have a writing page and a lecture notes or textbook page open at the same time, which is great when I'm at uni and don't have my computer's second screen to read off.
I bought a 64GB sd card which I've downloaded my textbooks and teachers notes onto so I don't have to rely on wifi; I could have bought a sim for it but couldn't be bothered considering I don't go many places without wifi anyway.
For AUD$550 I suppose the price is reasonable, cheap even, though a little more than I originally wanted to pay. I have no regrets now. I was considering the Surface Go but for what I'm doing the extra $400 or so was totally not worth it.
I definitely recommend this for students; any student, really. As an engineering student I would never rely on a tablet for some of the software anyway so the fact that it's not super powerful is not ever going to be a problem.
This tablet is great as a complementary device along with a laptop for the more demanding things. MS Office works well and I am a huge fan of the Samsung OS. Would love to see it get more updates; both software and newer models (this is a 2016 model! Practically ancient lol)

An appropriately priced tablet

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is reasonably priced and offers many premium Samsung app perks for free. Its MicroSD slot accommodates an expandable storage of 256GB. Unfortunately the plastic construction does feel somewhat cheap (albeit sturdy), and the audio from a single speaker system is quite weak (best using headphones or a blue tooth speaker with this one). The display holds up well, however for the best experience I would recommend loading a custom OS to this tablet.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Lovely Christmas Present

The wife really surprised be with this. She usually has no interest of any kind in tech but she knew I would like it. The reason I wanted Samsung? The screen. Its just beautiful compared to its lesser rivals. Its also light weight. That's important too because I enjoy watching Netflix on it and you can be a t all sorts of odd angles. Battery life is superb and it has enough processing power and RAM to get everything done effortlessly. I am 100% happy with this tablet, just love it!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fast and fantastic

Bought this item to watch movies while travelling. Clear, decent sized screen and has good case options. Definitely happy with this purchase and would recommend samsung to anyone. This tablet is a good option for movie watching, book reading and game playing. Is a good price for what you get.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent light weight for daily usage

I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A in order to attend to my daily business transactions as invoicing clients, purchasing business related materials and attending quickly to my emails,etc..........
Good size & light weight, stylish, and so convenient in my daily bag.
Absolutely Happy with the purchase all the way

perfect for kids

I bought this tablet for my kid to browse and watch you tube and add on some learning apps, I added extra memory with SD card and hard case to avoid cracking of screen, once its covered it working awesome for kids with lots of storage with SD card and plenty of learning apps,

even battery life is good if not great. works atleast 8 hrs with full charge

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Can't live without i, it's amazing

I have a Galaxy tab A and it is one of the best things j have ever brought it's bullet proof no matter what I do to it it doesn't brake. The camera on it is pretty good. I love being able to put a SD card in if I want more storage it is a life saver.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Great tablet

I find this tablet very useful for my studies. It is reasonably light. It is typically fast to start up and open apps. The battery is quite good and typically lasts for 8-12 hours of full use (around a week of on and off usage). I would definitely buy it again at the same price.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Nice little tablet

I really enjoy using this tablet, it is heavier than my previous one which was a 9.6" screen but it feels more solid and I have been less prone to dropping it. I prefer the size of the 9.6 as this one is longer but it does the job well.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

does this tablet have a sim card slot? If yes, what size.
Its a bit tricky the 10.1, some models have SIm cards some don't , the more (Expensive 3 G B 9.7 Samsung Tablet )does( Defintely )(has ) one , if Samsung put SIM cards in all their $250 Samsung Tablets you probably wouldnt need to spend $800 on a smart mobile phone.I brought my Samsung Tab 10.1 expecting a Sim was inside it, i didnt know it didn't have one ,(neither did the sales rep either), i suggest before you even step inside an Australian Department Store , do your own research on Technical ability yourself, and not trust the opinion too much of a commission based sales rep ,as they could or would probably know a whole lot less than you do about approximately half the Tech on any Shop Floor.

Harvey Norman The Good Guys Bing Lee Office Works JB HI FI WHO IS THE BEST ? customer service and pricewise ? Wi fi tablet and printer combo.? Samsung Tab A 6 10.1 with Sim card and easily connectable directly to a wi fi printer ?
my opinion i think the office works is the best because they have after pay and you can pay in 4 instalments. Also i think they are more easily connectable with what you need.I went in to the re refurbished office works warehouse at Auburn. I asked the passing sales rep does this brother printer connect with this Samsung tablet ? He shook his head and walked away. Im not sure why such poor customer service as they had more staff than customers. Where have all their customers gone.? I guess Office Works is in trouble like the rest of them. The internet shopping revolution has cut their margins big time. But for me shopping online and paying for something i haven't received is a definite no no.

10.1" Wi-FiGalaxy Tab A 10.1" With S Pen 4G