Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 4G (2016)

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 4G (2016) (page 2 of 4)

MPN: ITZPTABSAMUDBB

ELP

ELPSA, 5039

Love it use it all the time

Easy to use, battery lasts a long time, light weight (unlike the laptop) takes a SIM card so dont need to rely on wifi, fast response time, chuck it in my bag can use it all the time, in fact im using it now. Dont know how i survived without it.

Tejas

Tejas

Good for a spare one at home for kids

I bought this for my kid for playing games and watching videos. For the price, it does its job. The functionality is simple and easy to use. Its handy as a second tablet for daily tasks and for kids entertainment. Its also a good size and light to carry. The battery life has been good so far and it takes great photos.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Joe

JoeAlkimos

Awesome little tablet!

I purchased this tablet as a portable entertainment device for the kids. Having 3g and unlimited Netflix included in the plan makes this great for long roadtrips. I also use it to check my emails and review items I may want to purchase instead of having to fire up the laptop. Highly recommended.

Novi

Novi

Good product

I have been using this product for few months. I love it, very good size for watching and easy to bring it. We can insert bigger memory for storing more data. So far, i have no problem with this product. My kids love it. It is quite light. Can’t go wrong with it.

Kay

KayBrisbane

Easy to use tablet

I wanted a Samsung tablet because I was sick of using an Ipad and I am very happy with my decision and purchase. This tablet is a great size and easy to use. The screen is a decent size and the colour and resolution are great. I got mine on sale so it was very well priced too!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

David

DavidWilliams Landing

OK for the price, but is only good for casual browsing.

Purchased this tablet as part of a deal woth Telstra. Tablet is definitely fine to use for light internet browsing or viewing documents, but would not recommend it for doing work or playing games.
The keyboard is less than optimal at times, even compared to my phone. When typing on lengthy Word documents, the keyboard lags out and struggles to keep up with the typing.
The tablet often causes apps to crash due to them being too demanding, so using this tablet is more for convenience rather than productivity.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Becstarr99

Becstarr99AU

Mostly ok with a few odd issues

I love the size, the screen, the speed & the sound quality. Even the Samsung UI is surprisingly ok. It's the WiFi that I find baffling. Everytime I wake the tablet, the WiFi has turned itself off & has to be manually turned back on! Mum has the 10inch version & it does the same thing. Am yet to figure out why. Still glad I got this model though. Previously I've always bought cheap, low end tablets & paid the price in unreliability & sluggishness. I feel like I will definitely get a couple of years use out of this one.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Seb k

Seb k

Good affordable tablet

This tablet is the best pice of technology I’ve bought recently, it’s the perfect size so you can use it either as a tablet or as your personal phone, is not too big so you can carry it easily in small bags and even I’ve put it in my pockets sometime. The only downside is the msterial that the back of the tablet is made of can feel a bit too plastic and with time scratches start to stand out very easily

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Daryl S.

Daryl S.

Great little Tablet

Great for watching Netflix or using apps on when not at home.It doubles as a mobile phone too. It has a decent battery life and if not too big to fit in a glove compartment. It has decent storage if you insert a 256gb micro SD card. All round a nice tablet.

Mark

MarkDar

Lower priced tablet option, was from a plan with telstra with a free tablet in 2015. Can only load one Web pages at a time, if you swap between the pages the others stop loading, can not stream hd from wifi, but for the price its amazing, very good solid tablet. Great for kids and small apps, especially on plane or work travel, amazing budget entry level tablet.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

alana

alanaMelbourne

No wonder

I got this as a "gift" from Telstra, and its no wonder they are giving them away, I've had it 3 months and it wont even turn on....all my devices are Samsung i love them and have never had an issue....however it has been difficult to purchase covers and screen protectors.

Raj

Raj

Good product

Good size to take it out with you. it does all the work, which you expect from little devices. Battery backup is very good. price is very cheap for this tablet, as it has many good functions, such as front and rear camera etc. Overrall it is a good product.

Foxie

Foxie

Beautiful no frills tablet

I love this little tablet, I bought to take on the train to watch Netflix. It is very light and portable. You can expand memory by adding micro se. Just got upgraded to Nougat. Screen resolution is a bit low, but price is fair. I have the silver one, looks sleek.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Never again

I purchased this 2 years ago and for the first months no dramas.....However now turns itself off even though it may have 80% battery life for no reason.
I would not recommend this product to anyone.
Have tried to get the store to get this looked at by Samsumg or repairer, but nope no luck they have washed their hands

Date PurchasedNov 2015
MiVue

MiVuePerth

Must Have

Purchased it to take on holiday and now use it more than my Laptop or mobile phone. Great for searching the internet, emails, watching TV or movies, playing games and providing product reviews. My hubby was so impressed with the price, features and ease of use that he also purchased one.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dani

DaniAU

Like it

Really good wish it had more memory but been very easy to learn and use. The apps that come with it some are good some a pointless. Love playing games on it. Little one loves smashing and tapping games hahaha nice large screen on it. Keyboard is massive buttons sp easy to type on

Anti etax

Anti etaxPerth

Tablet addict

I was against tablets for a little while but I decided to buy my first tablet. As a Samsung lover, I went for that brand and I'm extremely surprised by this tablet. It's like a little computer easier to carry. This tablet got amazing features I use it everywhere, can't live without it

Pete

Pete

Excellent alternative to iPad and/or a great Kindle style book reader

I purchased the Tab A predominately as a Kindle book reader, something to 'surf the net on with it's 3G and as a Navigation tablet (with Navionics HD Australian Charts).
The Tab A certainly delivers on all the above and more, it's an easy device to use and has great screen quality given what I'm using it form.
I've used my Galaxy S8+ mobile broadband to share with my Galaxy Tab A so I've got quite a lot of usable mobile broadband between both devices.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Jbesis

JbesisSydney

Pretty good

Need to get used to it but pretty good. Like the ease of the use. Can be bulky but I just need to get used to it. I didn't think I would ever buy one but here I am. It has become part of my daily part of my life

Tess D

Tess Dmelbourne

Decent budget tablet

I personally like it for watching videos or playing games for my daughter. It is considerably fast even if 2GB ram only. However the resolution is not good if you are browsing or reading. For the price i think this is the most affordable given the specs. Still good buy.

3lionsasked

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance, but will this work using a SIM card? Like an oversized mobile basically. I noticed it says 4g, so I'm hoping that's what that means. If using wifi how safe is that?

Bob
Bob

There are basically two versions of the Tab A.
The wifi version. Works on wifi not on a network.
The SIM card version called Tab A lte.
This takes a SIM and can be used like a mobile phone. It is a couple of hundred dollars more than the wifi version.

Chris A
Chris A

The T385 has SIM but the T380 does not.

3lions

Thanks, I've got the T385, so that's great.
Thankyou for your reply :)

Jude

Judeasked

I can make and receive calls but can't hear the other end and they can't hear me how can I fix this?

vicvicvic
vicvicvic

Not sure. Better call Samsung!

benniebeng4556

Turn volte off, use hands-free esrplugs

mauricek

mauricekasked

Is there any benefit in installing a mini SD card in my Samsung Tab A 8 inch?

SavvySaver
SavvySaver

Absolutely, you can keep other data like music, and movies on the SD and keep the main tablets memory for apps.

Pollyfodder
Pollyfodder

Yes there is!
As much as my tablets Samsung programs give me the eebie-jeebies, one must be fair and acknowledge that there are many benefits to installing a 128 or 256gig SD card, esspecially if one has thousands of music files on one tablet and hundreds of movies on the other.
Good screen size for the later.

Just install a THIRD PARTY file manager like "File Manager Pro", (the blue folder one), and you can create sub folders for different artists, and music genre's, or folders for 60s 70s 80s etc for singles, and a folder or two or three for albums.
Endless opportunity.

In fairness to the Samsung mob, It is well worth the couple of bucks getting SD cards for your tablet!
Get one with the highest speed!
You'll have a lot of fun.
You'll be fine.
Hope you have more fun with yours than I am with mine.
Peter
Townsville

Peter your a tool.
Come on!

There is review.
There is feedback...

Then there is soapbox status with dribbling rhetorical verbal runs..

Personal issues have no place upon here. I mean this is bonkers. Really really bonkers.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryTablets