Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" Wi-Fi (2016)

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" Wi-Fi (2016)

MPNs: 35905645, ITZPTABSAMANQW, SM-T350NZWAXSA and SM-T380NZKAXSA

Not me

Not me

Gr8 android

Reliable and easy to use for the kids and link to gmail account. Kids use it gor games and mathonline. They love it much easier then ipad. More reliable.and would recommend it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $290.00.

Camera
Security

Sam M

Sam MMelbourne

Pretty Useless, ok for kids

Features are poor, runs slowly and does not support a stylus, decent as a kids throw away if you can get it at a good enough size, would not recommend for any other purpose

Purchased in March 2018 at optus.

Olivia K

Olivia KGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What's the point?

What's the point of buying a tablet if you can't even log into it? I have gone through 3 of these tablets since the end of November, each has had the same issue, I have been using it go away to do something else and then I can't log into it. This is a faulty product, each has lasted around 2 months before breaking, I've returned each one, this was the last one I was going to try and it worked fine until about an hour ago, now I can't even log into it. Samsung needs to fix this issue, as it is a frustrating and a pain to keep having to return them. I also left a review for the Samsung Northland store, where I was told that the only way to fix my tablet was to pay $60, not good customer service.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

Camera
Night Photography Quality
Video Quality
Rear Camera Quality
Front (Selfie) Camera Quality
Security
Bob

BobSydney, NSW

Definitely a good buy at the price.

My old tablet finally died and I got the new Tab A from JB. Better screen and faster than the old one. Great for streaming and browsing. Definitely a good buy at the price.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $298.00.

Emma

Emma

It does the job!

I use this tablet for work and sometimes watching movies. I use a few apps and it doesn't get used as much as my phone, The screen clarity is exceptional and the battery lasts a really long time which I love. It only gets charged once a week. The only issue I have is I haven't found a way to connect a keyboard, and sometimes when you click in a field to add text the keyboard doesn't pop up or is very slow to respond.
I do believe I could take to samsung and have fixed but haven't done so.
The screens are very expensive to replace in comparison to apple devices so put a case on it.

Ver

VerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Samsung Tab A

Samsung Tab A is perfect for my kid to use. Just the right size (8 inches) not too big not too small for my 6 yr old to play with. Weight wise it is also excellent - not heavy for a 6yr old. it also has good battery life for my kid to play with it for a long time and charging time is also not an issue, as it charges fast.

Because it is android, it has heaps of apps for kids and easily connects to PC and TV (screen mirroring) so it is great connectivity wise.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

PaulS

PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does everything I want it to

I've had my Samsung tablet for a couple of years now and its never played up. The battery still holds enough charge to last a whole day of continual use (though I have the screen brightness turned down). It sometimes restarts if I play heavy duty games on it, but it handles most simple games and can multitask (run Netflix and games at the same time). I know some Samsung products have had a bad wrap lately but I can't say anything negative about my tablet. It's great, and I'd buy another one tomorrow if I needed too.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Tiff1971

Tiff1971South East Queensland, QLD

Good tablet, low on storage space

This is a good, reliable tablet. The screen resolution and colours are very good. It takes as good a photo as a tablet will. The storage space is very limited for me which is annoying. This would probably not be an issue for someone not wanting to install games as these will be limited. It suits my needs well though and charges quickly. I would recommend. We have several of these in our family and all are going strong with heavy use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
shazza

shazzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best friend

I have taken this tablet all around the world. It was been all around Australia. I have a good cover for protection. I have had it for 4 years. I use it for shopping, taking photographs, video, study, socially, collecting my photos, reading and watching programs. I would be lost without it. Fits perfectly into my hand bag. I use it to skype call my friends. In the kitchen to listen to music or watch cooking shows on you tube. Small memory and not a very loud speaker.

Date PurchasedDec 2014
Ona79

Ona79

Great tablet

Easy to use much easier then Apple iPad
Kid friendly especially for them playing different games and educational apps
I use it for work and Markets to run my small businesses
Easy to upload apps and play games
Can connect to different sources including square device
Battery lasts for day or two depending

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Natasha

NatashaPerth

AMAZING!!

This tablet is great, its so easy to set up and navigate, you honestly cant go wrong with it. I am an amature with technology and I have been able to download apps and really enjoy what this tablet can offer. I would definatly reccommend it, you will not be dissappointed

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Mbnaature

Mbnaature

Amazing

I love this so much , it’s so handy for my daughter , the stylus is so smooth it and everything IS so smooth and sharp display , I love how easy it is to use , and use it like my own personal laptop but portable would highly recommend this product to anyone

Kylie M

Kylie M

Good little pad

Quite a good tablet for the price.
Can be a little slow at time but nothing to worrying, Runs pretty much any game you install .Good response on the screen sensitivity I would recommend this for anyone who can't afford a brand new one. And the accessories are quite cheap aswell.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Dbusybee

DbusybeeBrisbane QLD

Nice, fast, good battery life, screen resolution and button placement let it down

ScottyT983

ScottyT983

Great mid range tablet.

Big enough, fast enoungh, enough ram, more than enough batterylife. I have been using this tablet for my daily browsing and viewing for a couple of months now. Runs very quickly and smoothly.

If i needed to find it's worse point, it would be a stretch, it would be its wifi range. It just doesn't have the same range as my Samsung mobile phone.

Other than that I cannot fault it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Liz

LizPerth

Great tablet,got extra 3 ur warranty, just in case.got loads of memory. Takes great picture,got all features that I need.I was impressed with my service, staff were very helpful. I am scared of been hacked,as has happened before to me, so hopefully I can get good security apps so doesn't appen again

Date PurchasedApr 2018

JAK

JAK

Great little tab A

Got mine via Telstra and have never looked back. First tablet ever tried and loved how easy it was to use...however, I just don't like the automatic updates you can't really turn off. Once you update, you can't go back unless you do a complete factory reset and lose all your photos and apps in the process. Compact and light weight, I recommended this product. Holds charge well and can play movies all night long without needing a recharge. This baby wins my vote by its flexibility with an SD card for extra storage. Screen is a decent size for web browsing, watching a movie on your own, and the camera is easy enough to operate. My child loves that it is child friendly in its simplistic usability.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Ente

Ente

Really good for a run-about tablet

I've really enjoyed owning this tablet all these years. Only now is it beginning to show signs of slowing down due to being forgotten about by software updates and the like. I would still recommend this tablet if you can find it brand new. It would be perfect for school kids or students wanting an easy wifi enables tablet to do research and study on the move. Super useful in car rides too!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

The Reviewer

The ReviewerSydney

It's useful for work, but not for taking photos

I purchased this product back in 2016. It was on sale from JBHIFI. It's functional and useful for university. However the camera is terrible. Photos taken are blurry. So if anyone wants a tab to take photos, I would not recommend this device. On the other hand, for work and/or study related purposes, I suggest this device as it has everything

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Ttt

Ttt

Great tablet

The tablet is easy to use surprised since I’ve ised apple products all my life, the size of the tablet is great, it’s not to big and not to small so you can still watch movies or shows comfortably. I find tablets are easy to use as they are very straight forward.

Percy

Percyasked

Thinking of getting one of these to use as an e-Reader. Will it do the job? I use Overdrive and borrow books from a library. Will it do this?

Wisey
Wisey

G'day Percy, yes, we've used this. Download APP from local library. How good it is will almost certainly depend on how good the app is .... but it's been fine for us.

Hey Percy,
I agree with Wisey. It will work well as an e-reader. I have a 7.0" Tab and have found it lighter and easier to handle than the 8.0" model.

kytomitt

kytomittasked

Is the resolution still ok for kindle and games such as minecraft? Thinking of getting for the kids. Thanks

Jokani
Jokani

I have the Kindle app on mine, and although it is backlit (which personally means I can't read on it for as long as I can with the kindle) it is really easy to sync with your kindle account and access books and read them. I don't have minecraft but the games I do have are great on this size (kids Lego games, pet rescue, candy crush, etc.).

manyangels
manyangels

I have a Nook Color so I haven't tried reading books on it. It does great for minecraft youtubes. I have so far refused to let the grandkids use it for their games. I have a couple of games that work really well on it. The size is really nice. I got the 9.7

Mogg
Mogg

Way better redolution than kindle. Great for games. I love it

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryTablets