Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0"

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0"

8.0" Wi-Fi (2019), 8.0" 4G (2016) and 8.0" Wi-Fi (2016)

Rosie

RosieCalwell 2905, ACT

Excellent Tablet

I find my Tablet so handy when writing emails. Also it is great for reading books instead of having a Tinder. Also playing games is better than playing on your phone

Purchased in March 2019 at Optus for $290.00.

Bhuwan

BhuwanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect mid range tablet

Very good tablet for the price. I still have this tablet. It is not very fast but you get what you pay for. It is inexpensive and daily use tablet.

Purchased in November 2016 at Optus for $384.00.

Not me

Not me

Gr8 android

Reliable and easy to use for the kids and link to gmail account. Kids use it gor games and mathonline. They love it much easier then ipad. More reliable.and would recommend it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $290.00.

Sam M

Sam MMelbourne

Pretty Useless, ok for kids

Features are poor, runs slowly and does not support a stylus, decent as a kids throw away if you can get it at a good enough size, would not recommend for any other purpose

Purchased in March 2018 at optus.

Olivia K

Olivia KGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What's the point?

What's the point of buying a tablet if you can't even log into it? I have gone through 3 of these tablets since the end of November, each has had the same issue, I have been using it go away to do something else and then I can't log into it. This is a faulty product, each has lasted around 2 months before breaking, I've returned each one, this was the last one I was going to try and it worked fine until about an hour ago, now I can't even log into it. Samsung needs to fix this issue, as it is a frustrating and a pain to keep having to return them. I also left a review for the Samsung Northland store, where I was told that the only way to fix my tablet was to pay $60, not good customer service.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $300.00.

BobSydney, NSW

Definitely a good buy at the price.

My old tablet finally died and I got the new Tab A from JB. Better screen and faster than the old one. Great for streaming and browsing. Definitely a good buy at the price.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $298.00.

Chris AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Neat little tablet.

Purchased in December 2018.

PollyfodderNorth Queensland, QLD

A very Apologetic Customer Service "Team" of "Speciallist" Excuse Makers

Purchased in March 2018.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very handy little device, perfect for around the house mobile internetsing

Picked up a new Galaxy Tab A 8 through a telstra deal and we're extremely happy with it. Share it with the wife and we both use it for easy internet access and apps throughout the house. Screen is sharp and easy to read, plenty of processing power to run all the apps we need and has a sleek and shiny finish!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Emma

Emma

It does the job!

I use this tablet for work and sometimes watching movies. I use a few apps and it doesn't get used as much as my phone, The screen clarity is exceptional and the battery lasts a really long time which I love. It only gets charged once a week. The only issue I have is I haven't found a way to connect a keyboard, and sometimes when you click in a field to add text the keyboard doesn't pop up or is very slow to respond.
I do believe I could take to samsung and have fixed but haven't done so.
The screens are very expensive to replace in comparison to apple devices so put a case on it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Ver

VerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Samsung Tab A

Samsung Tab A is perfect for my kid to use. Just the right size (8 inches) not too big not too small for my 6 yr old to play with. Weight wise it is also excellent - not heavy for a 6yr old. it also has good battery life for my kid to play with it for a long time and charging time is also not an issue, as it charges fast.

Because it is android, it has heaps of apps for kids and easily connects to PC and TV (screen mirroring) so it is great connectivity wise.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Wander44

Wander44Dubbox

Excellent tablet for convenience

Nice device to use and carry about not too big but plenty of real estate to use and see at great ease. Battery life is very good as well. Crisp and clear screen with great automatic contrast and brightness control takes care of changing things when you move into a dim room.device speed is get too.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Sarah H

Sarah H

Great handy Tablet

Got this from Telstra. It's a great tablet for everyday personal use. Using this for 10 months now and haven't had any issues so far. Value for money. Good battery life (12 -14 hours) and enough storage. Quality rear camera and loved the pictures. Easy to carry design and totally love the product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

PaulS

PaulSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does everything I want it to

I've had my Samsung tablet for a couple of years now and its never played up. The battery still holds enough charge to last a whole day of continual use (though I have the screen brightness turned down). It sometimes restarts if I play heavy duty games on it, but it handles most simple games and can multitask (run Netflix and games at the same time). I know some Samsung products have had a bad wrap lately but I can't say anything negative about my tablet. It's great, and I'd buy another one tomorrow if I needed too.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Tiff1971

Tiff1971South East Queensland, QLD

Good tablet, low on storage space

This is a good, reliable tablet. The screen resolution and colours are very good. It takes as good a photo as a tablet will. The storage space is very limited for me which is annoying. This would probably not be an issue for someone not wanting to install games as these will be limited. It suits my needs well though and charges quickly. I would recommend. We have several of these in our family and all are going strong with heavy use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE my Samsung Tablet.

I love my tablet so much because I no longer have to cart my Lap Top around with me. It does everything my Laptop does. I can access all my apps with no problems at all. I can access my Netflix account and download movies and watch them anywhere. Also comes in very handy when on holidays to pay bills and check emails.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

shazza

shazzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best friend

I have taken this tablet all around the world. It was been all around Australia. I have a good cover for protection. I have had it for 4 years. I use it for shopping, taking photographs, video, study, socially, collecting my photos, reading and watching programs. I would be lost without it. Fits perfectly into my hand bag. I use it to skype call my friends. In the kitchen to listen to music or watch cooking shows on you tube. Small memory and not a very loud speaker.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Ona79

Ona79

Great tablet

Easy to use much easier then Apple iPad
Kid friendly especially for them playing different games and educational apps
I use it for work and Markets to run my small businesses
Easy to upload apps and play games
Can connect to different sources including square device
Battery lasts for day or two depending

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Bill K

Bill KAU

Works great

Does an excellent job as a small and basic tablet in my opinion. Can view and share my files, emails, photos, access Wi-Fi anywhere. Nice for occasionally watching catchup tv on iview when away, really works well for reading books and playing music. I would recommend getting a good cover to keep it from damage, one that is easy to access rear camera.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

PeterWH

PeterWHTorrens 2607, ACT

cant fault this tablet

I have had this table for the past 18 months and even though I brought it second hand,it does exactly what I want and need.I have a case for it,BUT no sim,so I rely on wifi to use it.
Ovverall I have no complaints with it and even though its been discontinued,its like a Toyota motor car,its keeps on keeping on.
Well done to Samsung for a good and reliable product

Date PurchasedAug 2017