Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7"

Fantastic Device

Bought this machine 2 years ago and does everything need. I use it for work and play. I take it everywhere with me. Its size and weight are great and its easily stored in my laptop bag. The screen is great quality and the apps are easy to use. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

So far so good.

Bought this tablet for my 4 year old to play games on and watch TV at quiet time. It appears to be working great at the moment, easy user interface. Fairly simple set up. Was able to install both Stan and Netflix onto it, which is a big plus for me.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Really good tablet

Had this tablet for more than two years and has given good trouble free service.
It has a really great bright screen and takes great pictures, Have put in 32 gig sd card to expand storage capacity and the 64 gig memory that is standard easily handles all the things I use it for.
The battery life is not great but can be increased easily by turning down screen brightness.
It is also very light and slim -it travels easily.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Good Tablet ,

It a good tablet only 16gb and it nearly full , I'm not that good on the tablet but I do know that you put up photos on it , there is 3 different places on the tablet it goes to and if you wipe one photo off , you lose it all together . Great for playing card games and FB but over all it does needto be bigger in the gb department instead os 16 , it should be the next one up higher what ever that is..

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Great tablet

We have this for my daughter and it is very fast and reliable. Its thin and sleek, not heavy at all and the perfect size. Not too big and not too small. We only use wifi on it but for trips in the car we download some apps that dont require wifi.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great

Good product i like it , good battery , easy to use , internet work very fast, camera very clear ,nice and work with no any problem, overall is very good and also tne plan is cheap and easy to pay it monthly and the internet work very fast and good

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great tablet

Very good tablet at a very reasonable price. It supports 4G and dual band Wi-Fi. The battery is surprisingly long lasting for a budget tablet. Screen is crystal clear and the CPU is quite fast.
If you want a simple affordable android tablet, this one will serve you well. The screen is Gorilla Glass protected.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Mother loved it.

I grabbed this tablet for my mother for mothers day as she was wanting a tablet to read her books on, it has done her well and I used it now and again for daily tasks such as emails and searching up items on the internet and ebay, I would definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Perfect study companion

I've own the tablet for more than 2+ years. It still works well, perfect battery life - one charge per week with daily use. The S pen works well for taking notes. It's light without a case and not bulky. Everything has been thought out well with the software. Will absolutely buy again.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Happy for a mid range Tablet.

I bought a Tab A when my computer broke down. It has been pretty good for my browser games and watching youtube and MMA. It works well for a mid range Tablet. Sometimes the virtual memory get slow, so you just turn it off and on and back to normal. If i was to buy another tablet. I would choose a higher priced Tablet. Just for more POWER!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Works great.

Love my tablet i use day and night with no problem... you can put heap of icons on there with no problem. You can tale it anywhere and even put it in your bag, so you dont loose it. I lve how it takes next to no time ti charge.

Perfect!

Bought this item 2 years ago, and it has functioned so well! It's been dropped, kicked, punched, stomped on, chucked down the stairs, and even drowned in the bathtub and it's still going! The screen is currently cracked in some places so badly you cannot even see what you are looking at sometimes! It still functions, with just 1 tiny dead spot.
For the price, which was only $350, it has done exceptionally well. Have used it everyday for the last 2 years, and it has never let me down. Only now is the charging becoming annoying as you need to keep it at a certain angle to ensure it charges overnight.
Battery life used to be great, but over the last 6 months, it lasts to the end of the day and then it's dead.
The camera is okay for a cheap tablet.
The performance really is great from the specs of the device.
Would I buy it again? Yes. Have I? Yes! I've bought 2 tab s2's since then, and wanting to upgrade to the tab s3 when it becomes cheaper! Also bought my partner one of these tablets as well, and it's still going strong.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

its got great pictures and apps

I don't like the fact the 7inch ones that are great for kids have glass screens would be much more easier to have plastic screens on all tablets. that way when kids drop or push there screens there fingers wont go through the screen this matter is so bad and cost so much to replace the screens once smashed. for this reason I now don't buy the Samsung brands

Date PurchasedJun 2016

I love it

The Samsung tablet is very reliable
I so cannot fault it
It's so easy to use and it's just like a miniature computer
If you have the tablet connected directly to the internet you can also ring out as well as receive calls
Play games or use it as an extension to an computer

Love it so simple

Terrific tablet great for everyday use easy to use and see, this is important when one reaches a certain age! The only problems with it are the storage and the speed. Although you can use an sd card and store apps on it to save internal memory the apps revert back to internal memory everytime they update so the sd card is fairly useless. Overall great for the price though.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Best Android tab yet I don't recommend Samsung Tabs

I bought a Galaxy Tab A 9.7" with S-pen and 4G with 2GB RAM and 16GB Internal Memory. Samsung Note series are great phones, and I had Note 3 and 5 besides s2 and s4; and so I wanted a larger device- Samsung Tab with S pen and 4G. The Tab works quite well, though much inferior to Samsung's own S series or Note series of phones. The Tab A 9.7" (2016) also has some lag. But the deal-breaker is that the Tab fills up its small 16GB internal memory and then cannot even upgrade existing Apps till I delete other Apps. Though sd card with Samsung devices is great reason to buy Samsung since the sd external storage for many of us is really a must, yet falling short with internal memory has always been Samsung's characteristic negligence/failure since days of my first Samsung, the s2 phone. They even advertised a 64gb model of s3 phone with much fan fare long ago, yet never even produced it! Sheer deceptive marketing! So, unless if you use your Tab with a relatively few Apps, otherwise I do not recommend buying samsung phones or Tabs - consider this that its two flagships the Tab s3 comes with only 32GB of internal memory - such a pity given that so many apps either cannot be moved to, or will not store their data to, external storage. A very important consideration for users. What good is an s-pen or a decently good Tab or phone when you do not have internal storage to install and use those Apps on the mere 32GB of internal storage!! For this reason, after years of many samsung devices hoping Samsung would have large internal storage as well as external; and instead, now 32GB only even in the latest tab s3, I had to move to using my old iPad Air I, though it has its Apple iOS related flexibility-limitations, but it still has 128GB internal storage (now even 256GB)! Samsung seems to target the large section of market those who use their phone for very little, and as for people who want to use a smartphone/tab as a smartphone/Tablet, Samsung is ignoring us and leaving us to return after years to Apple mobile devices! For my Android needs, I find Moto G series and Xiaomi Redmi series offer remarkable performances for the price plus larger batteries, external storage, larger internal storage than Samsung flagships for about a third of the price compared to both Samsung and Apple! I would rather buy a restictive Apple device or a Moto G series or xiaomi than Samsung smartphone type Tablets due to ridiculously small internal storage (16GB or 32GB) for our times!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

A very useful toy

Bought one not because i needed an additional computer but because it seemedeasily portable. I use it constantly and don't know how I ever managed with just my phone.
Does nearly everything i want, a great purchase. Not too difficult to learn to use at all, even for a senior brain.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

You get what you pay for

The Samsung tablet does what is required, I used it for taking notes and watching movies. However, aesthetically it is not the best. Icons like Facebook and instagram are blurry and the screen quality is poor. Would still buy it as it was on sale for half price instead of full.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Very happy

I find it very useful and easy to use. It is nice to be able to have one device that can be used to store books, music and can be used as a camera, gps and to look up info on line and email. Small enough to take any where and extremely handy.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great lightweight tablet

Light weight, fast and responsive. Has SD card expansion. Does everything for the home user needs. I would not purchase this tablet for business use.. Screen resolution is limited but knew this at time of purchase. Great battery life and excessive use does not run too hot. Running marshmellow OS and very happy with speed. Has never frozen or locked up. Responsive to touch and great connection to WiFi. Have taken it overseas and used daily for over a year. I would definitely purchase another Samsung tabket.

Date PurchasedJun 2015