Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Samsung Galaxy Tab A (page 2 of 27)

7.0", 8.0", 10.5", 9.7" and 10.1"

It does the job!

I use this tablet for work and sometimes watching movies. I use a few apps and it doesn't get used as much as my phone, The screen clarity is exceptional and the battery lasts a really long time which I love. It only gets charged once a week. The only issue I have is I haven't found a way to connect a keyboard, and sometimes when you click in a field to add text the keyboard doesn't pop up or is very slow to respond.
I do believe I could take to samsung and have fixed but haven't done so.
The screens are very expensive to replace in comparison to apple devices so put a case on it.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Best of the low cost tablets

Was looking for a tablet computer, and was horrified at the cost of them- some exceeding 1k!!
Came across this at target for $250AUD- was a bit worried about the the quality of this item due to the low price,but 2 years later and I am still getting good performance out of this item for emails, Netflix, and web browsing.
For the price, Samsung have delivered an EXCEPTIONAL product here.

That said, it is not a high end or super high performance tablet- those looking to multitask and run high powered apps may want to up their budget a little.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Perfect tablet!

I purchased this tablet for my daughter. It's a good sturdy tablet. Affordable price. I think its best option for the money. Works great with kids youtube app and android kids apps. High resolution screen. Easy to use if you already own some Samsung phones like me . Long lasting battery. Everything works great. Very happy with it's performance:)

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Perfect for mother with failing memory.

At Harvey's we bought the new Galaxy tab A 10.5" screen for my mother.. It is perfect for Mum for the games and facebook. Now mum can play and enjoy her ipad again. The last one was an LG so when the battery went in it there was no easy replacement

This Tab does not have phone connection, just wifi, but it is just what Mum needed. It does not lag or go slow, and even my mother could catch on how to use it in no time despite her memory problems. . The android system is one Mum is familiar with, which helped in deciding which to buy. The screen is lovely crispy clear - a bit bigger than the old 2 Mum had. Overall this is something I would buy myself due to the sufficiency of the speed.

It actually feels very very nice in the hand. I purchased a cover to protect it against drops etc and now Mum takes it with her everywhere. The battery holds a pretty good charge.. The internet is fast enough for mum. Mainly just for emails and youtube. and really there are no complaints to be reported. This is a neat tablet and I recommend it. Very pleased with the purchase.

Samsung Tab A

Samsung Tab A is perfect for my kid to use. Just the right size (8 inches) not too big not too small for my 6 yr old to play with. Weight wise it is also excellent - not heavy for a 6yr old. it also has good battery life for my kid to play with it for a long time and charging time is also not an issue, as it charges fast.

Because it is android, it has heaps of apps for kids and easily connects to PC and TV (screen mirroring) so it is great connectivity wise.

Galaxy Tab A tablet

Bought the galaxy tab A Wi-Fi tablet with the 10.5inch screen. Used it to replace a older smaller tablet. Using it to watch videos on you tube, play games, internet browsing and emails. Very happy with it. Works well, heaps of memory and runs all the apps I need without any issue. Battery life is great which is handy as has been used during long car trips for the kids to watch movies on. Fast boot up when turned on is handy as sometimes I've needed to quickly do something and don't want to be waiting ages for it to start up.

Does what I need

It is very easy to use and fast. I use it for reading books and I am very happy with it.
I have all the my applications such as skype and camscanner on it so I do not need to have them on my mobile.
I use it to review my studies when I am in the bus after work.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Excellent tablet for convenience

Nice device to use and carry about not too big but plenty of real estate to use and see at great ease. Battery life is very good as well. Crisp and clear screen with great automatic contrast and brightness control takes care of changing things when you move into a dim room.device speed is get too.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Exceptional value for money

I use this tablet to watch Netflix and Youtube picture is perfect and the audio is exceptional. High recommend.

The battery life is also a pleasant surprise. Lasts long and charges using quick charge and it takes three hours to fully charge.

I got mine on sale for $340.. bargain.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Rex, we can’t thank you enough for your kind review. It’s comments like this that motivate us to continue to "Inspire the World, Create the Future".No worries. Did you need my address to send me a new note 9

Very good value for money.

This tablet satisfy my daily needs, it works very smoothly with a lots of common apps and sync all my emails accounts. Casting you tube video on my smart TV was easy. We found this tablet to be good value for money.
The model maybe year 2016 but the Android version is one of the latest updated version. The sound quality is rather flat but when we cast it on TV, it does not matter cos we are watching it on TV. For the price we pay we are getting many beautiful moments using this tablet. We are just one of the many who appreciate this Samsung Tablet.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Wow! We’re so blown away by your review. It made our day here at Samsung. Thank you for sharing this with us.We were having TAB E 9.6 and were having trouble, unable to update android 4.4 to the latest version, making it a minus point owning a Samsung tablet, otherwise it is still a good tablet. We will appreciate if Samsung will accept it back and help us to upgrade and update the android version. The reason being I am getting unwanted scam AO and there is no way to get rid of them and it is annoying. Appreciate if Samsung can offer an acceptable solution. We love your tablets, its value for money. Thank you.

Samsung Galaxy Tab has been great

My 4 year old autistic son uses his Samsung Galaxy Tab everyday. There is no problem with the apps,the visuals are great and boy that tab has taken a beating being dropped ,had water and other liquids on it and never missed a beat.l consider it a really trusted product of high quality.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. You’re awesome!

Great handy Tablet

Got this from Telstra. It's a great tablet for everyday personal use. Using this for 10 months now and haven't had any issues so far. Value for money. Good battery life (12 -14 hours) and enough storage. Quality rear camera and loved the pictures. Easy to carry design and totally love the product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Hi Sarah, it's great to hear that you're loving the features of the Galaxy Tab A. Good battery life is a must! - Vicky

Samsungs Star Galaxy

Samsung has done it's homework on producing this tablet which should be a big seller for them. Large screen, long lasting battery, ample storage with SD card and excellent sound. I also have a laptop but this provides everything required with more portability. It provides very good picture and sound for viewing movies. Has only been released recently and competes well on price and it does all things the majority of tablet buyers are looking for.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Amazing

The good The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is affordably priced and offers many premium app perks for free. Its microSD slot accommodates cards up to 128GB.

The bad The plastic construction feels cheap, and the single speaker provides weak audio. The text often appears pixelated.

The bottom line The Samsung Galaxy Tab A is a simple tablet worth picking up for its low price, and its valuable extras sweeten the deal even more.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thank you for your lovely review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Galaxy Tab A. Your feedback is important to us, we'll keep this in mind for future launches. :) - Vicky

Quite a handy unit, a bit slippery for the careless

This tablet does all the things without lagging much after a year or so. The small HDD size is easy to cope with. The thing is sleek and cleans up well. The bloatware doesn't get in the way much and the battery still seems alright, Accubattery says, "91% heath based on 86 sessions with 4,957%% charged for 224,356mAh total."

Date PurchasedMay 2018
We can’t thank you enough for your kind review of the Galaxy Tab A. You’re awesome! - Vicky

Fabulous tablet!!!

We purchased two of these tablets for our children to use. They are fast to switch on and operate. We have never had any WIFI connectivity issues. The screen is large and easy to use. The picture is excellent quality. Camera takes excellent photos too. Overall a great value tablet costing $299 each.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Does everything I want it to

I've had my Samsung tablet for a couple of years now and its never played up. The battery still holds enough charge to last a whole day of continual use (though I have the screen brightness turned down). It sometimes restarts if I play heavy duty games on it, but it handles most simple games and can multitask (run Netflix and games at the same time). I know some Samsung products have had a bad wrap lately but I can't say anything negative about my tablet. It's great, and I'd buy another one tomorrow if I needed too.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Fantastic Device

Bought this machine 2 years ago and does everything need. I use it for work and play. I take it everywhere with me. Its size and weight are great and its easily stored in my laptop bag. The screen is great quality and the apps are easy to use. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Quite disappointed...

I'm sorry to say that I'm really disappointed with this model...at times seems very sluggish loading my apps...it does the job but I brought this so I didn't have to use my main computer... for me it doesn't measure up to what I wanted yet is ok for my games & quick searching on the net... for the price it's quite an expensive item for playing games...

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Does what I want it to

I only use this tablet to play games and watch netflix. I have had this for a year now and it still works as good as new. The battery life is extremely long even when I am watching videos which is good! I like that the screen is very big and the tablet doesn't have a huge border, the camera is good for general picture taking that I do.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I cannot find a way to change default pdf viewer from one drive to Adobe reader. Disabling one drive just makes it grey

How fast is the response time when using Facebook on the Galaxy Tab A 10.5" and does FB use a lot of storage space. Also has anyone loaded Facebook "Lite" in preference to standard Facebook? My Tab A is new and I am a "learner user".

Hi, Excuse my ignorance, but will this work using a SIM card? Like an oversized mobile basically. I noticed it says 4g, so I'm hoping that's what that means. If using wifi how safe is that? Thanks
There are basically two versions of the Tab A. The wifi version. Works on wifi not on a network. The SIM card version called Tab A lte. This takes a SIM and can be used like a mobile phone. It is a couple of hundred dollars more than the wifi version.The T385 has SIM but the T380 does not.Thanks, I've got the T385, so that's great. Thankyou for your reply :)

Galaxy Tab A 7.0" Wi-FiGalaxy Tab A 8.0" 4GGalaxy Tab A 8.0" Wi-FiGalaxy Tab A 10.5" 4GGalaxy Tab A 10.5" Wi-FiGalaxy Tab A 9.7" With S Pen Wi-FiGalaxy Tab A 9.7" Wi-FiGalaxy Tab A 9.7" 4GGalaxy Tab A 9.7" With S Pen 4GGalaxy Tab A 7.0" 4G10.1" Wi-FiGalaxy Tab A 10.1" With S Pen 4G
Operating SystemAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroidAndroid
Price (RRP)$199$449$299$649$449$449$399$549$599$249$449
Screen Size7inches8inches8inches10.5inches10.5inches9.7inches9.7inches9.7inches9.7inches7inches10.1inches9.7inches
Weight286grams320grams314grams534grams529grams487grams450grams456grams490grams286grams525grams
Camera (Rear)2MP5MP5MP8MP8MP5MP5MP5MP5MP2MP8MP5MP
Camera (Front)5MP2MP2MP5MP5MP2MP2MP2MP2MP5MP2MP2MP
Battery4000mAh4200mAh4200mAh400mAh400mAh6000mAh6000mAh6000mAh6000mAh4000mAh7300mAh6000mAh
Expandable StorageYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes