Samsung Galaxy Watch Active

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active

MPNs: 1091101636, 1091101638, ITZPMPHSAMABPK and 6 more
See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Battery Life

New Dad
New DadPerth, WA

Died just at the 2 year mark.

I had it for 2 years. It recently died on me for no reason. It was working in the morning then i got a blank screen just before noon. Cant get it to work again. Does not respond when i put in charger or push any bottons. I left it for a week to completely drain the battery. Charged it and still not working. After reading other reviews, this watch model seems to break a lot and i was lucky to get 2 years out of it. Stay away from it if you want something that will last.

Purchased at Optus.

Vinh
VinhPerth, WA

Doesn't last

I really loved the watch in the first 10 months, but it spiraled down hill thereafter.

Now at the 12 month mark, I regularly get a blank screen, and after trying to restart it sends out an emergency message. If I leave it alone, the screen comes back after an hour. Heart rate monitor sometimes just freeze itself while I go for a run. It just stops randomly, let say at 130, doesn't matter that I run, walk or rest then I had to restart the watch again.

This is not the Samsung products that I used to love. Sooooooooooooo disappointed.

Purchased in August 2019 at Rebel Sport Physical store for $299.00.

hangry grapes
hangry grapes

good for fitness

got this as free gift when purchased new samsung phone from optus.
easy to use but drainsssss battery!! looks slick.
very basic. doesnt connect to whatsapp which is my main communication tool.
otherwise does it job.

Purchased in September 2019.

Edison N
Edison NGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Battery life is disappointing

Bought at a bargain in Germany last year. Battery is underperforming with only 1 day per charge. The apps are quite cliche and nothing special. Doesn't feel as premium as I thought it would be - especially with limited watch interfaces to choose from

Purchased at Samsung Physical store.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Samsung Galaxy Watch Active compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Daniel D Lay
Daniel D LayBonnyrigg

Nothing special

This watch is able to do all the modern things. Make a phone call, read text, reply to messages, weather and news updates. i use it for fitness and it has a good fitness app with it. Water resistant. The bizel is nice and the tripple black colour looks mint.
Very little external app selection.
Not amazed like when i got my first apple smartwatch, that was a bomb feeling.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $299.00.

MickSamsung
ReneeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bits keep falling off!

Bought Galaxy Smart watch in March this year in good faith, quite happy with it at first. Then a very small bit of a plastic cover from the back fell out. I could not fit it back into the slot. This should have just clipped in. Took back to Samsung, where I was told it would be ready in 2 days. After many phone calls and more than 2 weeks later was told it was ready. I never received a call from the Samsung shop to notify me.
Today another round bit off the back which probably has something to do with charging has fallen off. I cannot clip it back on. Not happy and want to ask for a complete replacement, obviously this is a lemon!

Purchased in March 2019 at Samsung for $349.00.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, Renee. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jo
Samsung AU

Renee

Thanks for contacting me. Have been to the Samsung shop in South Australia and have a replacement now. Very happy with their service.

Caro A.
Caro A.asked

How can I get the watch top cover and it's how much?

MarkandLynn
MarkandLynnasked

impractical

AdaSamsung

We appreciate your feedback on this and will pass it along, Mark and Lynn. If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Ada
Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategorySmart Watches / Fitness Trackers
Screen Size 1.1"
ConnectivityBluetooth, GPS, NFC and Wi-Fi
Display TechnologyAMOLED
Voice AssistantNone
SensorsAccelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor and Light Sensor
InterfaceButtons and Touchscreen
Colour / FinishBlack, Gold, Green, or Silver
Release dateMar 2019
Replaced bySamsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
  • GTIN14: 08801643740856
  • MPN: 1091101636, 1091101638, ITZPMPHSAMABPK, KHSGWA40BROS, SM-R500NZDAXSA, SM-R500NZGAXSA, SM-R500NZKAXSA, SM-R500NZSAXNZ and SM-R500NZSAXSA
  • GTIN13: 8801643740849, 8801643740856, 8801643741471, 8801643741488, 8801643741921, 8801643741945, 8801643747831, 8801643747886 and 8801643747923
  • GTIN12: 887276318011, 887276318226 and 887276324173