Gear Fit 2 and Gear Fit 2 Pro

Not Waterproof

Save your money and don't buy this product or you will be left out of pocket. This watch is not waterproof and it is easily water damaged even with sweat.

Purchased in February 2019.

Steven Tidball
Steven Tidball

No thanks, I've complained but you just ignored me.

Mara B

Mara BPerth, WA

Doesn't allow me to truly rate this as cr@p! Otherwise it would be no ☆

This is my 2nd fit pro 2 as first one malfunctioned after only 2 months, this one has lasted a year, however now has a black screen only! Will not be asking for it to be fixed, simply want a refund and will not buy one again!

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $300.00.

MickSamsung

VillanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Been repaired 2 times now going back again.

Been sent in 2 times for repair. The last time the screen was replaced at $220. New screen lasted 2 weeks now flashing again. I will be looking for a refund on this. I have a 2nd gear fit pro and I hope it lasts. Samsung tells customers we damage them. No it's your product that's at fault.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $290.00.

Villan

Looks like the link isn't working ?

JoanneSamsung

Hi Villan, we've checked and see that the link above is working. If you are still unable to access it, we recommend for you to check your inbox here as we have just sent you a message in regard to this.

John

JohnDarwin, NT

Faulty bands, terrible battery, heart rate not working

Purchased in December 2018 for $300.00.

Chantel

ChantelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Faulty wrist band

I am on my second gear fit 2 pro watch in less than 2 years and the wrist band has broken again. Samsung has refused to give me a refund. Its obviously a faulty product if it can't even last 12 months. Im not happy and very disappointed. It doesn't give me much confidence for all the other Samsung products around my house if something went wrong with them.

Purchased for $274.00.

JoanneSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bought two!

Bought two they both died after 6 months, never been wet. I sent for warranty and returned it without repair. As if nothing had happened, total disrespect. More than $ 500 in the trash. I still have them to show to other people include the invoice.

Purchased in January 2018 for $250.00.

Rod

Link to Facebook Messager? This is a joke or a scam? I do not have Facebook. Even if I had Facebook I would never put my ID and password on this suspicious link. Terrible service.

Trinette B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst fitness tracker ever

Purchased in November 2017 for $399.00.

Pipsbowtie

PipsbowtieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never tracks my run accurately

Had the watch for 2 years and it's getting unwearable. All updated but my run distances are never accurate. I mean NEVER. Ran 11kms today for 1.03 hours to be logged at running 2kms. Aaaaaaaaah. Can't do it anymore. sorry watch it's you not me. I'm not going to retrieve you from the toilet bowl next time the band malfunctions.

Purchased in January 2017 at JB Hifi Home for $216.00.

MickSamsung

Very poor battery life

Very poor battery life! I bought this watch to be able to run and listen to music (one of the few watches that supported Spotify at the time). If you have it fully charged and the run and us the GPS (app like Strava) and use Spotify at the same time it takes a lot of the battery. I’m down to 20% after just running 10 km. Disappointing to say the least.

Purchased in August 2018 for $242.00.

A. MW

A. MWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great if you like disposable items

I loved my Gear Fit 2 (not PRO)...for the first 6 weeks. It started off fine, heart monitor, steps, GPS tracking, music all working well. One morning I went to turn it on and the screen was only showing about 10 pixels and I couldn't see anything on the watch. It was still responsive and could still connect to my phone, just the screen display was having major issues.
Waiting to hear back from Samsung to see what they can do.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $120.00.

Anthony

AnthonyMelbourne

Good Fitness Tracker

Great smart watch, screen is bright enough to be seen in direct sunlight which is a must for a fitness tracker. Heart rate monitor is fairly accurate, but sometimes will provide an inaccurate reading usually as a result of too much sweat underneath the sensor, easily fixed with a quick wipe. Battery life is ok could be better but have nothing to compare it to.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $54.00.

Gear fit 2 won't hold a charge

I wear my Gear Fit 2 everyday and even when I charge it over night the charge will not last an entire 24 hours. I workout at lunch and if I don't turn the watch off after a hard workout the watch will continue to think I am still working out which runs down the battery. I was very happy until apparently an update was done to contribute to this draining. I have turned off everything I can think of and really only rely on it for counting steps now. With the drainage of the battery I am unable to utilize the watch for much else. I have have replaced my watch several times to no avail.

Purchased in March 2018 for $130.00.

SilverTulip

SilverTulipAU

Good fitness tracker that doesn't last long

The Gear Fit Pro 2 was a decent fitness tracker and synced to my Samsung phone. Unfortunately, a few months after buying it the screen started flickering with white lines, and going black, to the point where it was unusable. According to what I've read online, this is a common issue with this model. It was still under warranty but Samsung REFUSED to fix it as they was a microscopic scuff on it, which they claimed was due to dropping the device. I NEVER dropped it, it was only normal wear and tear, but they absolutely refused to fix it. This is the second time Samsung have not delivered on their Warranty. I will not be buying from Samsung again. Buyers Beware!!

Purchased in June 2018 for $260.00.

My 2nd & last Gear Fit

I bought the original Gear Fit when I got my Galaxy S6 4 yrs ago & the Gear Fit2 when I upgraded to an S8. My experience w/ both: recurrent loss of Bluetooth connection--at times while my phone was in the same hand on which the watch was strapped!; failure to capture or keep GPS signal; and failure to start or record workouts. Would not buy another. Due to additional issues w/ Samsung phones, going back to Apple.

Purchased in July 2017 at Nebraska Furniture Mart for $100.00.

Jane

JaneRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Avoid doesn't last

I bought my Gear fit 2 off my son who received it with a phone. My husband had one and it seemed to get him active so I thought I might try one. BIG MISTAKE. Two weeks after I got mine his band broke. It was the second time that the band had broken on his. Then after ten months my band broke in the same position. I was just getting to enjoy it. To be frank the band is very badly designed. Try putting it on in the dark so frustrating. And to top it off my husband's new band broke again just outside of the warranty period and Samsung refused to repair it, saying it was user damaged. It is sad as most of our family have Samsung phones and they are not happy with Samsung service.

Purchased in February 2018.

Hairgal

HairgalSouth East Queensland, QLD

It's good but..

I really like this smart watch but wish the battery lasted a bit longer. It gets chewed up really easy once you're in exercise mode or getting a lot of notifications. It's very handy to use and pretty simple to navigate your way around. Quite sturdy aswell. I've banged it up plenty of times but it's pretty tough. I'm surprised the screen hasn't broken by now. Pretty good, but needs a better battery life. Overall I'd still recommend this watch.

Purchased in January 2017 at Jbhifi for $280.00.

Bingo

BingoSydney, NSW

A sports watch that can't sweat it!

My Gear Fit 2 Pro, purchased in November 2017 was all that I needed to record my bi-weekly running sessions. Unfortunately, the watch did not cope with sweat and the strap links corroded within 12 months. A sports watch should be able to handle a sports environment. Difficult to use on-line options to get some attention from Samsung in relation to wearables!

Purchased in November 2017.

Sam Merlin

Sam Merlin

Junk!

Got this watch as a package when buying S7 phone. Seemed ok for a while. I disabled the regular BP testing, because i found the light annoying. After about 12 months the face stopped working. Could still see screen when rebooting etc, so not just display problem. Watch face was replaced under warranty. Now, about 12 months since screen replaced, and it has happened again. Aside from the massive problems with product quality, it also has the worst design watch strap conceivable. Who exactly thought "watch straps have worked well for hundreds of years with the same design, what if we changed it for one that comes undone with the slightest contact with a sleeve"? Do not buy a Samsung smart watch.

Purchased in March 2017.

Very Poor Quality

Purchased in March 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Carl C

Carl CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible watch and even worse customer service

Purchased in November 2017 for $299.00.

Kersasked

Hi, i was given a gear fit 2 as a present, The sensors have stopped working and ive tried all the suggested fixes. I have no way of getting a copy of the receipt. Samsung have told me it is still under warranty until the 19th of dec 2019 but wont repair it as i have no proof of purchase. if they know the warranty dates why should it matter, they can check all the info via the serial no, NOT happy........does any one know if i have any consumer rights for this repair please? .................seems this is a common problem with these watches too !!

JoanneSamsung

We understand the importance of getting your Gear Fit 2 up and running, Kers. Hence, we recommend for you to contact the place of purchase to see if they are able to provide you with a proof of purchase so we can further look into this.

Kers

I can't as she has no idea where he purchased prior to Christmas. Only knows it was an Australian store. All her receipts have been destroyed

JoanneSamsung

Thanks for letting us know, Kers. Would you be able to reach out via Facebook so we can further look into this? Please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Dianne

Dianneasked

the band has broken, is it possible to get a replacement

Ldn2bne
Ldn2bne

Buy one from EBay but get the one with the clasp and loop not the original as it keeps opening when heavy exercising.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Dianne, we recommend for you to visit us in-store so we can help you out with finding a replacement band for your Gear Fit2.

Locate your nearest centre> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Al R.

Al R.asked

Gear Fit 2 Pro

Hi I have a gear fit 2 pro and the best watch ever. Recently it stopped showing steps and heart rate. The lights on the back no longer light up.
I have looked after the watch and it is not treated roughly as I have a heart condition.
Can you help? Cheers Al Rennie

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Al, I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro