Samsung Gear Fit 2

Gear Fit 2, Gear Fit 2 Pro

• Battery Life

kavyalakshmi

kavyalakshmiMelbourne

Great smartwatch for the average exerciser

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for $70.00.

My favorite band

I used to my band since 2016 year. I very glad what a bought this product.
It very functional and helpful. I use it every day, i sleep with it. I get many information about my health taught thus device.

Purchased in November 2016 for $200.00.

13day
13day

Thanks)

Philippe

PhilippeCanberra 2600, ACT

Bad battery life, impossible to charge

I've had this for just over 2 years and im totally over it. Charge lasts less than a day and the charging dock is extremely unreliable. I put it on charge and it sometimes never charges, its a bad design. The band has also worn badly and looks shabby.

Purchased in October 2017.

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not purchase Battery life is only 1 day

I read the reviews and thought...surely they are all not 100%.

But I was wrong (yes I will admit it).

Brand new Fit 2 Pro (purchased 2 weeks ago from Amazon).

Battery life is about 1 day max.

Do not purchase!

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for $200.00.

Pete16

Pete16Central Queensland, QLD

Wish I'd read these reviews earlier

Purchased in August 2018.

Could be better

I purchased the Gear when I bought my Galaxy S9+ thinking it would be a good replacement for the 2nd Fitbit that broke down. I was wrong! Battery life was so bad I had to charge it every night, in comparison to the every 3 nights with the Fitbit. Wouldn't do too well whenever I go off grid in my travels. The Gear is also quite a bulky watch and stood out on my wrist quite a bit - I have small wrists. The watch also only lasted me 16 months before the strap broke totally away near the face and can't even be fixed or replaced. So now I'm not tracking anything as I can't decide whether I want another tracker, but if I do I'm just going to go with a cheap one like the Garmin Vivofit. Maybe it will be a Xmas present to self :-)

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Chris R.

Chris R.Central Queensland, QLD

Would be great if it worked. Skip the pro and get a Gear Fit 2 instead.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $349.00.

Dale Shears

Dale ShearsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

good at first then dies

on my second gearfit 2 now and both have died with black screens.
second one after i fitted screen protector.
wife also has one that has had a few glitches but now ok. just waiting for it to fail now.
not worth the hassle of getting repaired cos second hand ones are cheap but most likely will fail also

Not Waterproof

Save your money and don't buy this product or you will be left out of pocket. This watch is not waterproof and it is easily water damaged even with sweat.

Purchased in February 2019.

Steven Tidball
Steven Tidball

No thanks, I've complained but you just ignored me.

Mara B

Mara BPerth, WA

Doesn't allow me to truly rate this as cr@p! Otherwise it would be no ☆

This is my 2nd fit pro 2 as first one malfunctioned after only 2 months, this one has lasted a year, however now has a black screen only! Will not be asking for it to be fixed, simply want a refund and will not buy one again!

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hifi Home for $300.00.

VillanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Been repaired 2 times now going back again.

Been sent in 2 times for repair. The last time the screen was replaced at $220. New screen lasted 2 weeks now flashing again. I will be looking for a refund on this. I have a 2nd gear fit pro and I hope it lasts. Samsung tells customers we damage them. No it's your product that's at fault.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $290.00.

Villan

Looks like the link isn't working ?

AdaSamsung

Hi Villan, we've checked and see that the link above is working. If you are still unable to access it, we recommend for you to check your inbox here as we have just sent you a message in regard to this.

John

JohnDarwin, NT

Faulty bands, terrible battery, heart rate not working

Purchased in December 2018 for $300.00.

Chantel

ChantelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Faulty wrist band

I am on my second gear fit 2 pro watch in less than 2 years and the wrist band has broken again. Samsung has refused to give me a refund. Its obviously a faulty product if it can't even last 12 months. Im not happy and very disappointed. It doesn't give me much confidence for all the other Samsung products around my house if something went wrong with them.

Purchased for $274.00.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bought two!

Bought two they both died after 6 months, never been wet. I sent for warranty and returned it without repair. As if nothing had happened, total disrespect. More than $ 500 in the trash. I still have them to show to other people include the invoice.

Purchased in January 2018 for $250.00.

Rod

Link to Facebook Messager? This is a joke or a scam? I do not have Facebook. Even if I had Facebook I would never put my ID and password on this suspicious link. Terrible service.

Trinette B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst fitness tracker ever

Purchased in November 2017 for $399.00.

Pipsbowtie

PipsbowtieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Never tracks my run accurately

Had the watch for 2 years and it's getting unwearable. All updated but my run distances are never accurate. I mean NEVER. Ran 11kms today for 1.03 hours to be logged at running 2kms. Aaaaaaaaah. Can't do it anymore. sorry watch it's you not me. I'm not going to retrieve you from the toilet bowl next time the band malfunctions.

Purchased in January 2017 at JB Hifi Home for $216.00.

Very poor battery life

Very poor battery life! I bought this watch to be able to run and listen to music (one of the few watches that supported Spotify at the time). If you have it fully charged and the run and us the GPS (app like Strava) and use Spotify at the same time it takes a lot of the battery. I’m down to 20% after just running 10 km. Disappointing to say the least.

Purchased in August 2018 for $242.00.

A. MW

A. MWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great if you like disposable items

I loved my Gear Fit 2 (not PRO)...for the first 6 weeks. It started off fine, heart monitor, steps, GPS tracking, music all working well. One morning I went to turn it on and the screen was only showing about 10 pixels and I couldn't see anything on the watch. It was still responsive and could still connect to my phone, just the screen display was having major issues.
Waiting to hear back from Samsung to see what they can do.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $120.00.

Anthony

AnthonyMelbourne

Good Fitness Tracker

Great smart watch, screen is bright enough to be seen in direct sunlight which is a must for a fitness tracker. Heart rate monitor is fairly accurate, but sometimes will provide an inaccurate reading usually as a result of too much sweat underneath the sensor, easily fixed with a quick wipe. Battery life is ok could be better but have nothing to compare it to.

Purchased in January 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for $54.00.

Gear fit 2 won't hold a charge

I wear my Gear Fit 2 everyday and even when I charge it over night the charge will not last an entire 24 hours. I workout at lunch and if I don't turn the watch off after a hard workout the watch will continue to think I am still working out which runs down the battery. I was very happy until apparently an update was done to contribute to this draining. I have turned off everything I can think of and really only rely on it for counting steps now. With the drainage of the battery I am unable to utilize the watch for much else. I have have replaced my watch several times to no avail.

Purchased in March 2018 for $130.00.

Kersasked

Hi, i was given a gear fit 2 as a present, The sensors have stopped working and ive tried all the suggested fixes. I have no way of getting a copy of the receipt. Samsung have told me it is still under warranty until the 19th of dec 2019 but wont repair it as i have no proof of purchase. if they know the warranty dates why should it matter, they can check all the info via the serial no, NOT happy........does any one know if i have any consumer rights for this repair please? .................seems this is a common problem with these watches too !!

AdaSamsung

We understand the importance of getting your Gear Fit 2 up and running, Kers. Hence, we recommend for you to contact the place of purchase to see if they are able to provide you with a proof of purchase so we can further look into this.

Kers

I can't as she has no idea where he purchased prior to Christmas. Only knows it was an Australian store. All her receipts have been destroyed

AdaSamsung

Thanks for letting us know, Kers. Would you be able to reach out via Facebook so we can further look into this? Please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Dianne

Dianneasked

the band has broken, is it possible to get a replacement

Ldn2bne
Ldn2bne

Buy one from EBay but get the one with the clasp and loop not the original as it keeps opening when heavy exercising.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Dianne, we recommend for you to visit us in-store so we can help you out with finding a replacement band for your Gear Fit2.

Locate your nearest centre> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Al R.

Al R.asked

Hi I have a gear fit 2 pro and the best watch ever. Recently it stopped showing steps and heart rate. The lights on the back no longer light up.
I have looked after the watch and it is not treated roughly as I have a heart condition.
Can you help? Cheers Al Rennie

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Al, I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives