Samsung Gear Fit 2

Samsung Gear Fit 2

Gear Fit 2, Gear Fit 2 Pro

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smart wearable can be both exciting and overwhelming. Whether you're new to the world of smart wearables, or you already know your top priority is finding a waterproof smart watch or cheap fitness tracker, read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now

2.9

• Battery Life

IngolfWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I need a heart rate monitor - not a fitness monitor

and this is doing it for 2 years without a problem, Apps allow to download what I do and even tells me when to get up and twist! Why the armband could not be replaced - mentioned here - beats me. Takes 1 minute. I had several "smart" watches before - different brands incl.Fitbit. Not one has lasted this long.
I have Gear Fit2R5AJ505x27D. If somebody feels to make report/critic here then also say what model you are talking about!. I paid ~$AU 100 for it - and it is worth it to me -FOR MY PURPOSE!!!!

Purchased in March 2018 at eBay for A$100.00.

Ingolf

Mick - do you read English???and understand it>>?? I am happy with the product - as I said. Now I also know that any comment from Samsung is a standard reply and worthless

MickSamsung

Hey Ingold, the above comment was address the issues you raised with the armband being replaced. Sorry for any confusion. I’m glad the Gear Fit to has mostly been able to meet most of your expectations!

Mick

Almost perfect

This product has been fairly reliable. The only problem I have is that it refuses to register the end of my exercise time if I go over 40 minutes. I have to shut it off and lose my exercise time. If I don't turn it off it will use up the battery. I do like the sleep tracker and the product has held up very well otherwise.

Mara B

Mara BPerth, WA

Shame there isnt an option for 0 stars

Purchased first gear fit pro 2 in July 18, August 18 swapped out for a new one as the one I had had major issues... fast forward a year, and Sept 19, issues again... send watch to Sydney from Western Australia to be told white screen not present during testing, $40 for watch band replacement... well now March 20 and again having problems with a screen that fades out mid use, white screen again, reboots whenever the hell it wants... I was a Samsung gal that introduced Samsung to my Family but looking very quickly now at swapping again

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$349.00.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Samsung Gear Fit 2 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

CyrilCentral Queensland, QLD

Absolute waste of money

Contacted today that it was going to cost $270 to repair, it is still under warranty and it is the second time in 18months it has gone in for repair.
This time caught in a never ending rebooting loop, battery life was hopeless spent more time on charger than arm, to put into battery saver mode is unreadable. Going into bin!

Purchased in August 2018 for A$300.00.

Murray S.

Murray S.South East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish product

Finally threw this rubbish product away after 18 months use, both band straps broke off, can't be replaced, terrible product not worth the money paid. Stupid Samsung wanted me to send the product to their Sydney service centre, I live on the Sunshine Coast. Will never touch another Samsung wearable again. Purchase a Fitbit which is far superior, half the price of the Samsung, works well, is accurate, 7-9 days battery life wearing 24/7

Purchased in March 2018.

Robin

RobinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great daily driver for non-intensive use

I've had this watch for three years now and it's still going strong. Love how small and narrow it is. I've had to replace the band once, mainly due to my own doing (got stuck behind a chair). Tip: replace the standard band with a metal link one. I bought a third party band online and it makes the watch look quite classy. Some reviewers here get very angry over a broken band, it is a small and cheap effort to replace it.

There is one catch: I don't use it for intensive exercise, got a chest strap for that. I don't think the watch is water proof as even sweaty palms can throw it off balance. It is perfectly fine for running, cycling and hiking though. Live the built in GPS.

Purchased in January 2017.

Bryan

BryanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn't meet my expectations

Purchased in December 2017 at Speedo for A$329.00.

Beverley B.

Not really water proof. Band easily breaks. Otherwise great little watch.

Great device. Bought myself and hubby one
1. Water proofing not good. Had to be fixed in first year. Now 2-3 months later went in surf watch will not turn on even after rinsing. Looks like another trip to repair, as I suspect its a leak again I hope it comes under their warranty. Not willing to pay for it just to leak a 3rd time.
2. Hubby's band broke, Samsung dont supply spare bands and want to charge to put one on as it's not covered under warranty. Got generic from ebay which broke, got 2nd from ebay, lasting well.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey norman penrith.

Beverley B.

I will take the watch in to Harvey norman for an assessment and a fix by samsung. Hopefully as it is 100% a leak again.so hoping it will be fixed no charge again.

Poor Quality and Terrible Customer Service

Samsung customer service is the worst! As are their products. I have a Samsung Gear Fit2Pro watch that only lasted 2 years. They refused to fix it. The band is separating from the main watch face and is now unsafe to wear. I asked to speak with a manager and was refused. I will be replacing a lot of electronics in my house this year and non of them will be Samsung. I will never purchase another Samsung product as both their products and customer service are trash.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$150.00.

Lynda
Lynda

kavyalakshmi

kavyalakshmiMelbourne

Great smartwatch for the average exerciser

Purchased in January 2020 at eBay for A$70.00.

My favorite band

I used to my band since 2016 year. I very glad what a bought this product.
It very functional and helpful. I use it every day, i sleep with it. I get many information about my health taught thus device.

Purchased in November 2016 for A$200.00.

13day
13day

Thanks)

Philippe

PhilippeCanberra 2600, ACT

Bad battery life, impossible to charge

I've had this for just over 2 years and im totally over it. Charge lasts less than a day and the charging dock is extremely unreliable. I put it on charge and it sometimes never charges, its a bad design. The band has also worn badly and looks shabby.

Purchased in October 2017.

JamesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do not purchase Battery life is only 1 day

I read the reviews and thought...surely they are all not 100%.

But I was wrong (yes I will admit it).

Brand new Fit 2 Pro (purchased 2 weeks ago from Amazon).

Battery life is about 1 day max.

Do not purchase!

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for A$200.00.

Pete16

Pete16Central Queensland, QLD

Wish I'd read these reviews earlier

Purchased in August 2018.

Could be better

I purchased the Gear when I bought my Galaxy S9+ thinking it would be a good replacement for the 2nd Fitbit that broke down. I was wrong! Battery life was so bad I had to charge it every night, in comparison to the every 3 nights with the Fitbit. Wouldn't do too well whenever I go off grid in my travels. The Gear is also quite a bulky watch and stood out on my wrist quite a bit - I have small wrists. The watch also only lasted me 16 months before the strap broke totally away near the face and can't even be fixed or replaced. So now I'm not tracking anything as I can't decide whether I want another tracker, but if I do I'm just going to go with a cheap one like the Garmin Vivofit. Maybe it will be a Xmas present to self :-)

Purchased in May 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Chris R.

Chris R.Central Queensland, QLD

Would be great if it worked. Skip the pro and get a Gear Fit 2 instead.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$349.00.

Dale Shears

Dale ShearsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

good at first then dies

on my second gearfit 2 now and both have died with black screens.
second one after i fitted screen protector.
wife also has one that has had a few glitches but now ok. just waiting for it to fail now.
not worth the hassle of getting repaired cos second hand ones are cheap but most likely will fail also

Not Waterproof

Save your money and don't buy this product or you will be left out of pocket. This watch is not waterproof and it is easily water damaged even with sweat.

Purchased in February 2019.

Steven Tidball
Steven Tidball

No thanks, I've complained but you just ignored me.

VillanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Been repaired 2 times now going back again.

Been sent in 2 times for repair. The last time the screen was replaced at $220. New screen lasted 2 weeks now flashing again. I will be looking for a refund on this. I have a 2nd gear fit pro and I hope it lasts. Samsung tells customers we damage them. No it's your product that's at fault.

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$290.00.

Villan

Looks like the link isn't working ?

AdaSamsung

Hi Villan, we've checked and see that the link above is working. If you are still unable to access it, we recommend for you to check your inbox here as we have just sent you a message in regard to this.

John

JohnDarwin, NT

Faulty bands, terrible battery, heart rate not working

Purchased in December 2018 for A$300.00.

Kersasked

Gear Fit 2

Hi, i was given a gear fit 2 as a present, The sensors have stopped working and ive tried all the suggested fixes. I have no way of getting a copy of the receipt. Samsung have told me it is still under warranty until the 19th of dec 2019 but wont repair it as i have no proof of purchase. if they know the warranty dates why should it matter, they can check all the info via the serial no, NOT happy........does any one know if i have any consumer rights for this repair please? .................seems this is a common problem with these watches too !!

AdaSamsung

We understand the importance of getting your Gear Fit 2 up and running, Kers. Hence, we recommend for you to contact the place of purchase to see if they are able to provide you with a proof of purchase so we can further look into this.

Kers

I can't as she has no idea where he purchased prior to Christmas. Only knows it was an Australian store. All her receipts have been destroyed

AdaSamsung

Thanks for letting us know, Kers. Would you be able to reach out via Facebook so we can further look into this? Please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Dianne

Dianneasked

Gear Fit 2

the band has broken, is it possible to get a replacement

Ldn2bne
Ldn2bne

Buy one from EBay but get the one with the clasp and loop not the original as it keeps opening when heavy exercising.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Dianne, we recommend for you to visit us in-store so we can help you out with finding a replacement band for your Gear Fit2.

Locate your nearest centre> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Al R.

Al R.asked

Gear Fit 2 Pro

Hi I have a gear fit 2 pro and the best watch ever. Recently it stopped showing steps and heart rate. The lights on the back no longer light up.
I have looked after the watch and it is not treated roughly as I have a heart condition.
Can you help? Cheers Al Rennie

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Al, I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives