Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro

Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Battery Life

Very poor battery life

Very poor battery life! I bought this watch to be able to run and listen to music (one of the few watches that supported Spotify at the time). If you have it fully charged and the run and us the GPS (app like Strava) and use Spotify at the same time it takes a lot of the battery. I’m down to 20% after just running 10 km. Disappointing to say the least.

Purchased in August 2018 for $242.00.

Gear fit 2 won't hold a charge

I wear my Gear Fit 2 everyday and even when I charge it over night the charge will not last an entire 24 hours. I workout at lunch and if I don't turn the watch off after a hard workout the watch will continue to think I am still working out which runs down the battery. I was very happy until apparently an update was done to contribute to this draining. I have turned off everything I can think of and really only rely on it for counting steps now. With the drainage of the battery I am unable to utilize the watch for much else. I have have replaced my watch several times to no avail.

Purchased in March 2018 for $130.00.

SilverTulip
SilverTulipAU

Good fitness tracker that doesn't last long

The Gear Fit Pro 2 was a decent fitness tracker and synced to my Samsung phone. Unfortunately, a few months after buying it the screen started flickering with white lines, and going black, to the point where it was unusable. According to what I've read online, this is a common issue with this model. It was still under warranty but Samsung REFUSED to fix it as they was a microscopic scuff on it, which they claimed was due to dropping the device. I NEVER dropped it, it was only normal wear and tear, but they absolutely refused to fix it. This is the second time Samsung have not delivered on their Warranty. I will not be buying from Samsung again. Buyers Beware!!

Purchased in June 2018 for $260.00.

Bingo
BingoSydney, NSW

A sports watch that can't sweat it!

My Gear Fit 2 Pro, purchased in November 2017 was all that I needed to record my bi-weekly running sessions. Unfortunately, the watch did not cope with sweat and the strap links corroded within 12 months. A sports watch should be able to handle a sports environment. Difficult to use on-line options to get some attention from Samsung in relation to wearables!

Purchased in November 2017.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Carl C
Carl CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible watch and even worse customer service

Purchased in November 2017 for $299.00.

NO.CUSTOMER.SERVICE
NO.CUSTOMER.SERVICEPerth, WA

DUD - ACCC should recall this fitness band.

Purchased in March 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $149.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

I’m truly sorry that the Gear Fit2 that you received did not function as promised. I would be happy to look into this. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information when its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Lisa

TonyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Quality and Support for this product is the worse I have seen

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $250.00.

Tony

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Disappointed user
Disappointed userSouth East Queensland, QLD

Max disappointment

The unit is promoted as having a tough//military grade+scratch resistant screen, not even close in reality. Display was dodgy from first month of use and scratched up very easily. A few weeks ago brushed against a render wall which made the unit stop working, military grade? Samsung living up to their service reputation, repairing is equal or more than the cost of a new unit & refused to fix under warranty. Waste of time and money, will be moving on from anything Samsung.

Purchased in September 2018.

Lisa K.Samsung
Murray
MurrayMaroochydore

Woefully inaccurate, terrible battery

Battery is lucky to get 24 hours between need to recharge. Most activity measurements are terribly inaccurate - heart rate monitor, Concept 2 rowing machine is 50% out (under measure), pedometer is 30% out (under). Latest phone software upgrade means constant notifications when moving 10m away from the phone. Come to the conclusion it is a waste of money and misleading in its out put. Would not consider another Samsung wearable.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Murray, sorry to hear you're facing these issues with your watch. I would suggest going to your nearest service centre to have these issues looked at >https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Anna
Samsung Australia

kompressor69Sydney

Useless - Faulty hardware and/or software

Purchased the Samsung Gear Fit 2 at a good price in the January sales, and was very excited to use. Upon first use, I noticed that the step counter was not increasing, and Heart Rate was also not registering on the watch. I then search Google for potential solutions, only to find this is a widespread problem which has not been acknowledged or addressed by Samsung. Will be returning to store for a full refund.

Needless to say my confidence with Samsung has been damaged, and I'll be sticking to Fitbit for the foreseeable future.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Very Upset!
Very Upset!Palm Bay

Think before you buy

Seriously, brand new watch and the mother board is wet. So a water resistant watch is not supposed to get wet in the shower? They sent me back my broken watch with no help. I dont know the time, but do know it's time to switch from Samsung!! Never Again!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Kristoni Bodsworth
Kristoni BodsworthMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great for someone with heart complication

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Thanks Sara! I will do!

Eric
Eric

Best swimming/running sportswatch I've found - at a price that doesn't break the bank

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Worst purchase ever

I bought two. The first is turning off by itself. The other one the battery drains 10 times faster. On top of that one of them lately dropped down from 20cm table and the screen cracked. The replacement guess what (80% of the original price). The last Samsung product for me.

TTh
TTh

Expensive piece of garbage

My Gear Fit Pro 2, turn off by itself, don't recognize battery charger or won't turn on. It is really frustrating because I have a Samsung phone and I bought the Gear Fit to connect it to my phone and can't use it at all. It was normal for a few months and after the last update started acting funny. When you try to ask Samsung why, you found out that a lot of people are having the same problem and there is NO Solution. They should be taking the Gear out of the market. Very, very disappointing.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
ParkerSunshine coast

Very poor service and quality

I purchased this product from DWI Int, 6 weeks into me having it, it turns faulty, switching itself off and on constantly, the back of the watch getting warm, it stopped tracking my movements.
I contacted the company and the replied in a very intimidating and at times threatening manner saying they will charge a total of $90 in postage plus additional cost to do the repairs on the watch!!!!!
I am totally shocked by this as the watch was only 6 weeks old i am, we are all covered as consumers by manufacturing warranties and customers guarantees.
This company should not be allowed to trade with these policies in place im totally disgusted in them, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Zane Rickards
Zane RickardsCranbrook

limited battery life

Battery life is, without a doubt, one of the biggest factors to consider when purchasing a fitness tracker. But limited battery life.
It features the same dual-core Exynos 3250 clocked at 1.6GHz found in the Samsung Gear S2, way up from the custom M4 processor that ran at 160MHz in the Samsung Gear Fit.
FOR:Refined look,Broader compatibility,Impressive value
AGAINST:Barometer issues,Doesn't feature an alarm natively,Limited battery life

Date PurchasedAug 2018
DavidGlenfield

Don't buy. Broke with 2 months. Screen is is so soft. Repair is same ad purchases price.

Don't do it. Screen Cracks so easy not wearable for every day use. Repair is same as new price.
I still can't see display. Tried lots of displays ,I may be 50 but seeing a display is a must.
Zaps you a lot for no reason, so if you don't like been zapped don't buy.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
David

I went to Liverpool centre who told me $220 to fix.

Regards

JasmineSamsung
Eddy
EddyACT

Hopeless with faulty replacements

Date PurchasedOct 2017

NOT accurate

I have had 7 gear fit 2 pro's. I keep taking them back for being faulty. It's the only way to make Samsung pay cos they don't care. Most of them count about 9 floors when you have done 28 and the steps are way out. I get out of bed. Walk down stairs make a brew and I've done 1200 steps. Should be about 200 max. Useless. I only had one out of 7 that was accurate and the strap broke so they exchanged it for one that was inaccurate that am taking back as faulty. When Argos send all these watches back to Samsung, maybe they will take note.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
George Hardie
George HardieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Inaccurate

Always had suspicion that Gearfit2 pro was not accurate. Today did a 11.7km measured walk. The Gearfit2pro measured 8.9km nearly 3km short. This means step count is inaccurate by 30%. I have been comparing results with an Iphone watch and iit is accurate compared to Samsung, very disappointing. I wish Samsung would fix it but no one wants to help.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Julia Reid
Julia ReidSydney, NSW

Useless - Worst purchase ever

This would have to be one of the worst purchases I have ever made. DO NOT waste your money on this. It is totally inaccurate for recording distance and you can't read the display when you're in sunlight. I purchased so I could track my distance as I regular run. I recently went in a fun run that was 14km. The gear fit pro tracked me as only doing 10 km. It is always out approximately 2km on a 5km run. I have wasted hours on the phone to Samsung talking to someone on the other side of the world who could not help with my problem. After sales service is non existent.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Not designed to get wet

The gear fit2 pro stopped working after 3 months of use. I sent it in for warranty repairs and was told it had water damage and warranty was void. Samsung customer service refused to help at all. I was told that swimming could damage the watch even though its advertised as a swim tracker.

corey
coreySouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't live without it

The fit bit pro2 is perfect for my work very slim Line and keeps a very accurate reading on my heart rate also easy to use and navigate perfect to leave phone in bag watch will let you know when you a message or a phone call love it to bits thank you for a perfect product

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dave
DaveSydney

Doesn’t perform what Samsung promise

Samsung advertise 4 days battery life. This is misleading as it often doesn’t last a day which makes the device useless
Every now and again the software causes the battery to drain in 5 hours
The workout tracking doesn’t always record work outs
It no longer records heartbeat when swimming
Forget about listening to music because it’s drains the battery in a couple of hours
It doesn’t accurately measure distance when running
So I’m summary it doesn’t do anything Samsung advertise it does

Date PurchasedDec 2017