Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Battery Life
Jemma
JemmaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gear fit Pro 2 Band

Purchased in April 2019 for $380.00.

Bryan
BryanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn't meet my expectations

Purchased in December 2017 at Speedo for $329.00.

Philippe
PhilippeCanberra 2600, ACT

Bad battery life, impossible to charge

I've had this for just over 2 years and im totally over it. Charge lasts less than a day and the charging dock is extremely unreliable. I put it on charge and it sometimes never charges, its a bad design. The band has also worn badly and looks shabby.

Purchased in October 2017.

Dale Shears
Dale ShearsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

good at first then dies

on my second gearfit 2 now and both have died with black screens.
second one after i fitted screen protector.
wife also has one that has had a few glitches but now ok. just waiting for it to fail now.
not worth the hassle of getting repaired cos second hand ones are cheap but most likely will fail also

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Gear fit 2 won't hold a charge

I wear my Gear Fit 2 everyday and even when I charge it over night the charge will not last an entire 24 hours. I workout at lunch and if I don't turn the watch off after a hard workout the watch will continue to think I am still working out which runs down the battery. I was very happy until apparently an update was done to contribute to this draining. I have turned off everything I can think of and really only rely on it for counting steps now. With the drainage of the battery I am unable to utilize the watch for much else. I have have replaced my watch several times to no avail.

Purchased in March 2018 for $130.00.

SilverTulip
SilverTulipAU

Good fitness tracker that doesn't last long

The Gear Fit Pro 2 was a decent fitness tracker and synced to my Samsung phone. Unfortunately, a few months after buying it the screen started flickering with white lines, and going black, to the point where it was unusable. According to what I've read online, this is a common issue with this model. It was still under warranty but Samsung REFUSED to fix it as they was a microscopic scuff on it, which they claimed was due to dropping the device. I NEVER dropped it, it was only normal wear and tear, but they absolutely refused to fix it. This is the second time Samsung have not delivered on their Warranty. I will not be buying from Samsung again. Buyers Beware!!

Purchased in June 2018 for $260.00.

Bingo
BingoSydney, NSW

A sports watch that can't sweat it!

My Gear Fit 2 Pro, purchased in November 2017 was all that I needed to record my bi-weekly running sessions. Unfortunately, the watch did not cope with sweat and the strap links corroded within 12 months. A sports watch should be able to handle a sports environment. Difficult to use on-line options to get some attention from Samsung in relation to wearables!

Purchased in November 2017.

Samsung AUSamsung

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Top 5 Smart Watch Brands for Women

Smart Watches are a convenient and stylish way for women to keep track of their health, socialise with friends and family, and stay organised amid the business of life. Now there are more smart watches designed for women than ever before.

Isabella G.
Isabella G.30 Nov 2020
top-5-smart-watch-brands-for-women
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Christmas seems to go hand-in-hand with consumption, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be eco-friendly with your gift-giving. We’ve got tips for everything from shopping sustainably to zero-waste packaging, so that you can have a greener holiday season.

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Murray
MurrayMaroochydore

Woefully inaccurate, terrible battery

Battery is lucky to get 24 hours between need to recharge. Most activity measurements are terribly inaccurate - heart rate monitor, Concept 2 rowing machine is 50% out (under measure), pedometer is 30% out (under). Latest phone software upgrade means constant notifications when moving 10m away from the phone. Come to the conclusion it is a waste of money and misleading in its out put. Would not consider another Samsung wearable.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Murray, sorry to hear you're facing these issues with your watch. I would suggest going to your nearest service centre to have these issues looked at >https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Anna
Samsung Australia

Graham
Graham

Bluetooth connection problems

I have regularly been exoeriencing Bluetooth connectivity and communication problems with Android phone and gear fit 2 pro. Soft resets and re-pairing did not solve problem. I had to carryout a hard reset of the gear fit losing my data and settings to fix the problem. Hopefully this will not be a regular occurrence.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Dan
DanWhatfor

Battery life makes the Gear Fit 2 useless

​I have purchased the Gear Fit2 pro 8-9 months ago. On the paper its great. When it works even better. The problem is that it doesn't work due to the very short battery life. Battery drains in 6-8 hours. Yes, 6-8 hours. GPS drains it even faster so its always off - waste of money. Wifi - the same. Music - even worse.
You pay for GPS MP3 and other options but you can't use them so what was the point. Battery drains so fast with GPS on that i can't even finish a 1 hour run with GPS and MP3.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Andrew
AndrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

HR function worked once and is not accurate,

Other than the HR being useless its seems to track well and battery life is just around 3 days. Not a lot of App support or even updates to improve it which is disappointing, Notifications work well with my S7. Also its a bit misleading for using B.T headphones direct to the watch that Spotify will only work using WIFI so its pointless at the GYM !!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
regional victorian
regional victorian

Glass cracked within a week of purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Al R.
Al R.asked
Gear Fit 2 Pro

Hi I have a gear fit 2 pro and the best watch ever. Recently it stopped showing steps and heart rate. The lights on the back no longer light up.
I have looked after the watch and it is not treated roughly as I have a heart condition.
Can you help? Cheers Al Rennie

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Al, I recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Jo
Samsung AU

Dawn W
Dawn Wasked
Gear Fit 2 Pro

Have the gear fit 2 pro. Yesterday it turned off and won't come back on. Does not appear to be charging..plugged into computer and said missing Bluetooth perphial driver. Removed device from computer to see if computer reconized it but no luck. What do i do now?!!!!

anna
annaasked
Gear Fit 2 Pro

I'd like to replace my watch band with the exact one it came with. Where can I buy them from? Amazon has bands for the watch, which I purchased but of course not the same quality. As well they do not attach properly as the original band did.
Other than that I have had absolutely no issues with the watch at all and am enjoying wearing it.

See all Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare both Samsung Gear Fit 2