Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro

See the Best Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Battery Life
Jemma
JemmaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gear fit Pro 2 Band

Purchased in April 2019 for $380.

Bryan
BryanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn't meet my expectations

Purchased in December 2017 at Speedo for $329.

Beverley B.

Not really water proof. Band easily breaks. Otherwise great little watch.

Great device. Bought myself and hubby one
1. Water proofing not good. Had to be fixed in first year. Now 2-3 months later went in surf watch will not turn on even after rinsing. Looks like another trip to repair, as I suspect its a leak again I hope it comes under their warranty. Not willing to pay for it just to leak a 3rd time.
2. Hubby's band broke, Samsung dont supply spare bands and want to charge to put one on as it's not covered under warranty. Got generic from ebay which broke, got 2nd from ebay, lasting well.

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey norman penrith.

Beverley B.

I will take the watch in to Harvey norman for an assessment and a fix by samsung. Hopefully as it is 100% a leak again.so hoping it will be fixed no charge again.

Philippe
PhilippeCanberra 2600, ACT

Bad battery life, impossible to charge

I've had this for just over 2 years and im totally over it. Charge lasts less than a day and the charging dock is extremely unreliable. I put it on charge and it sometimes never charges, its a bad design. The band has also worn badly and looks shabby.

Purchased in October 2017.

Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Samsung Gear Fit 2 Pro compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Dale Shears
Dale ShearsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

good at first then dies

on my second gearfit 2 now and both have died with black screens.
second one after i fitted screen protector.
wife also has one that has had a few glitches but now ok. just waiting for it to fail now.
not worth the hassle of getting repaired cos second hand ones are cheap but most likely will fail also

Gear fit 2 won't hold a charge

I wear my Gear Fit 2 everyday and even when I charge it over night the charge will not last an entire 24 hours. I workout at lunch and if I don't turn the watch off after a hard workout the watch will continue to think I am still working out which runs down the battery. I was very happy until apparently an update was done to contribute to this draining. I have turned off everything I can think of and really only rely on it for counting steps now. With the drainage of the battery I am unable to utilize the watch for much else. I have have replaced my watch several times to no avail.

Purchased in March 2018 for $130.

SilverTulip
SilverTulipAU

Good fitness tracker that doesn't last long

The Gear Fit Pro 2 was a decent fitness tracker and synced to my Samsung phone. Unfortunately, a few months after buying it the screen started flickering with white lines, and going black, to the point where it was unusable. According to what I've read online, this is a common issue with this model. It was still under warranty but Samsung REFUSED to fix it as they was a microscopic scuff on it, which they claimed was due to dropping the device. I NEVER dropped it, it was only normal wear and tear, but they absolutely refused to fix it. This is the second time Samsung have not delivered on their Warranty. I will not be buying from Samsung again. Buyers Beware!!

Purchased in June 2018 for $260.

Samsung AUSamsung

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Bingo
BingoSydney, NSW

A sports watch that can't sweat it!

My Gear Fit 2 Pro, purchased in November 2017 was all that I needed to record my bi-weekly running sessions. Unfortunately, the watch did not cope with sweat and the strap links corroded within 12 months. A sports watch should be able to handle a sports environment. Difficult to use on-line options to get some attention from Samsung in relation to wearables!

Purchased in November 2017.

Murray
MurrayMaroochydore

Woefully inaccurate, terrible battery

Battery is lucky to get 24 hours between need to recharge. Most activity measurements are terribly inaccurate - heart rate monitor, Concept 2 rowing machine is 50% out (under measure), pedometer is 30% out (under). Latest phone software upgrade means constant notifications when moving 10m away from the phone. Come to the conclusion it is a waste of money and misleading in its out put. Would not consider another Samsung wearable.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Murray, sorry to hear you're facing these issues with your watch. I would suggest going to your nearest service centre to have these issues looked at >https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Anna
Samsung Australia

Zane Rickards
Zane RickardsCranbrook

limited battery life

Battery life is, without a doubt, one of the biggest factors to consider when purchasing a fitness tracker. But limited battery life.
It features the same dual-core Exynos 3250 clocked at 1.6GHz found in the Samsung Gear S2, way up from the custom M4 processor that ran at 160MHz in the Samsung Gear Fit.
FOR:Refined look,Broader compatibility,Impressive value
AGAINST:Barometer issues,Doesn't feature an alarm natively,Limited battery life

Date PurchasedAug 2018
PhilSamsung
Graham
Graham

Bluetooth connection problems

I have regularly been exoeriencing Bluetooth connectivity and communication problems with Android phone and gear fit 2 pro. Soft resets and re-pairing did not solve problem. I had to carryout a hard reset of the gear fit losing my data and settings to fix the problem. Hopefully this will not be a regular occurrence.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Disappointed

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Svetlanamari
SvetlanamariSydney

Not a bad smart watch but failed as a fitness tracker

It looks good but I found a few pitfalls which their support couldnt address.
1. Sleep tracking is not accurate.
2. Doesnt accuratelly register steps when I go for a walk with a pram. It doesnt rwgiater any steps at all, or says that I do cycling which is rediculous

I honestly just used it as a watch,not a fitness tracker. I ended up selling it due to inaccurate activity tracking.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dan
DanWhatfor

Battery life makes the Gear Fit 2 useless

​I have purchased the Gear Fit2 pro 8-9 months ago. On the paper its great. When it works even better. The problem is that it doesn't work due to the very short battery life. Battery drains in 6-8 hours. Yes, 6-8 hours. GPS drains it even faster so its always off - waste of money. Wifi - the same. Music - even worse.
You pay for GPS MP3 and other options but you can't use them so what was the point. Battery drains so fast with GPS on that i can't even finish a 1 hour run with GPS and MP3.

Date PurchasedAug 2017