Samsung Gear Fit 2

Samsung Gear Fit 2 (page 3 of 7)

How to find the best smart watch or fitness tracker

Choosing a new smartwatch can be both exciting and overwhelming - Read on for information to help point you in the right direction.

Read now

• Battery Life
herbo

herbo

Does the job

Received this bundled with a Samsung phone purchase. Works pretty well as a fitness tracker. It has a lot of connections - bluetooth, wifi, GPS, etc and when a couple or all of them are on the battery drains pretty fast. It does a decent job of what it's meant to do. Can also play music too, but having music as well as the GPS tracker going hits the battery hard. At a discounted price it represents good value.

artichoke

artichokeSydney

First fitness watch

This is my first ever fitness watch and since I have a Samsung S8, I thought this would go hand in hand, which it does.
Easy to use, and perfect for first time users.
Currently no issues with the watch and it has helped me keep my fitness up. Hopefully it continues.

Very comfortable band, sometimes I don't even notice I'm wearing it.

Screen quality is amazing. Clear in sunlight and no glare.
Nothing bad to say about this watch.

Perfect fitness watch

The watch itself looks stunning on the wrist , with the curved screen it doesn't look big on the wrist . However the battery doesnt last for long maximum it lasted a day and a half for me, though it charges quick . The features on the phone allow you to track all your fitness stats.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Find out how Samsung Gear Fit 2 compares to other Smart Watches / Fitness Trackers

Rob

RobMelbourne

Great alternative to a Fit BIt

I got this on sale for about half the price of a similar Fitbit. So far it has been great. The screen is bright enough to be easily seen outdoors in bright sunlight. Syncs easily with my LG phone and is very functional after downloading the Samsung apps. Looks clean and modern without being showy. The GPS function is great as I can go for runs without needing to take my phone! And inbuilt music player is also a bonus, so you can listen to music while running even without the phone. Only slight negative is battery life, need to charge every night if it is synced to the phone.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Sam

SamSydney

Top quality smart watch

As a Samsung phone user, this watch has the greatest integration with my phone and easily syncs all notifications over. Love to use this watch when exercising as it records all my data without the need to carry my phone, allowing for much more intense work outs whilst also being able to see all notifications my phone is receiving.

Shane Chang

Shane ChangSydney

Alright smartwatch

I purchased the s7 and received this as a bonus from samsung. This is my first time using a smartwatch so the experience was surreal by being able to play music on the go and change the look of my watch interface any time I want. It sure did impress my friends and was certainly alot more useful than other analog watches.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
KVO

KVOAdelaide

Pretty mid range fitness watched, Great features

I've been using a garmin 325 and decided to purchase this watch as I kinda missed better integration and notifications with my android phone. This watch has GPS tracking, auto heart rate tracking and onboard music player. When I go for a run, I pair the watch with my bluetooth earphones and leave my phone at home and still have my music.

Kiernan

Kiernan

Form + factor

Very wearable, functional and fashionable. Good battery life and a useful assist to increasing activity levels. High quality screen and good battery life. Definitely good value at the sale I got it at, maybe not at full price.
Maybe consider a gear if needing something a bit more formal and traditional.

Heidz

HeidzMelbourne

I love the device when it works.....

Luke

LukeNewcastle

A overated pricy watch

The watch itself is fine but doesn't really have many compelling features over a basic $20 smart watch, i received it for free with my s7 for free but i don't even bother wearing it. It includes supports notifications on the high ppi screen but no app support, so it is in a bit of a strange place between a high and low end smartwatch.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Jason

JasonVic, 3101

Great watch for bargain price

Bought this one from JB HIFI online with promotion price.
I used to wear Huawei W1 Watch, but Samsung Gear is designed for Fitness mainly, comfortable band, bright screen, the best bit is it has built-in GPS, really can't go wrong with that price.
Now I wear Huawei W1 watch for work or business and wear this one for casual and gym.

Jimmy X

Jimmy XMelbourne

Great activity tracker

Feels premium and looks great. Curved touch screen works well and looks good. Heart rate works pretty well and having notifications from your phone is handy. Being able to use Bluetooth earphones without the actual phone is really handy when exercising. Only thing that would make it even better would be being able to use Samsung or Android pay with it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Leeann

LeeannBankstown

Gets the job done

Pretty sturdy and gets the job of counting my steps done. It gets uncomfortable after awhile after heavy exercise as the straps dig into my skin due to sweat. Connects really quickly to my phone, and it is really easy to use with just two buttons. It looks pretty slick on me too which is great

Date PurchasedNov 2017
riiChard

riiChardSydney

Sweet sports watch

Great price for what you get. Just like any other sports watch it provides you with details about your heart rate and it also tracks your physical activity. I synced the watch with my Samsung phone (S7 Edge) and it works like a charm. Would recommend this watch to anyone as it is slim and easy to wear.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Tilley

TilleyPerth

Worth for the price

Had a fitbit charge HR and straight jumped in to Gear fit 2 because got a awsome deal from JBHIFI, i didn't thought it will be this good, comes with Gorilla glass and bigger display and it looks super sexy, bought the blue color rather than taking the common black bands and they looks good, used about 3 days now battery holds up only for a 1 day if your bluetooth connected with the phone, all the notifications and calls text showing on the display which is really helpful.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Diane

DianeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Loved it. But!!!

Good watch to wear. Liked all the extra's, but every time I forgot to take it off before work ( I do a lot of heavy lifting and the watch catches on boxes) I would end up losing it. Because it is only held on by o pin in the the rubber strap it was to easy to catch on a box and unclip the watch which made it full off.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
flymia

flymiaParadise

Beautiful piece of tech!

Really love the Gear Fit 2. Got it as part of a promotion, and it was great to use while walking the dog and to track my general health. No issues connecting to my phone, but sometimes the steps were out of sync with the app. Was very comfortable and the wristband fit well even though I have large wrists and the latch was solid and sturdy.

Nikki

Nikki

Pretty average for today's standards

Fairly average considering what is on the market today. The battery does not last very long at all, and the connection distance is surprisingly small meaning you have to keep your phone on you most of the time for the main functions to work anyway. If you just wanted to track steps recorded etc then this would do the job.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Jono M

Jono MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worked perfectly until the screen cracked...

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Tarz

TarzWyndham vale

Soo easy

Soo easy to use. I love that there are soo many versatile clock faces to choose from. The tracking is incredibly accurate as is the temperature guide. It is also one of the most comfortable watches I've worn. This watch has a very long battery life and easy quick charge.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Sparkly

Sparklyasked

Gear Fit 2

It won't charge. Any help?

markden
markden

There are too many questions to ask you in return but often it will start charging after you've left it in the cradle for up to 10mins. After this time the lightning bolt will appear and it will start charging. This often happens when you let the battery run down to less than 5% or when the device is brand new.

Mum2Fourkids
Mum2Fourkids

Try opening up the device you have the Gear Fit 2 paired with and unpair the two. Give the phone a moment or two, the try re - pairing them. Afterward if you try to turn on the Gear Fit 2, hopefully it will turn on just fine.

Disappointed

Disappointedasked

Gear Fit 2

Has anyone suceeded obtaining support from the Samsung (VOC) call centre ? They have been utterly useless and actively block resolution of defects.

Mike Dunford
Mike Dunford

Voc department was absolutely useless, i explained that my waterproof, water resistant fitness watch, was broken and under warranty, needed replacing, only to be told, it has a different level of moisture damage, and i have to pay for repairs. Not accepting this crap.
Its water resistant so if it has water damage its broke.

Valerie
Valerie

VOC was also useless in my case. My watch also failed due to water damage. When I mentioned that the watch was supposed to be water resistant (as advertised!) they just kept on repeating that the water damage was not due to a factory defect therefore not under warranty and not their problem basically.

Ingolf
Ingolf

water resistant --just google it and find out what it means in the watch business!!! Not even good enough for a shower!!! NOT WATER PROOF

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 2 Samsung Gear Fit 2