MPN: HW-T550/XY

• Music
esp

espMelbourne

Entry level sound

Our 1st Soundbar, so we didn’t have high expectations. This was a cheaper model in the Samsung range. We found the sound very impressive, and a huge improvement on the TV sound. We attached it to an older TV, and we’re unclear from the product info & reviews whether we needed to purchase an additional optical cable. We didn’t, set up was simple & we were enjoying within 30 minutes of pick up. The sound was more than adequate for a medium lounge room. When we replace the TV we’ll buy Samsung to benefit from 1 remote for both.

Purchased in February 2021 at The Good Guys Online store for $296.00.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass

Does not support 4k passthru!

Bought this, lady in shop spoke in depth about the unit, but did not mention it does not pass thru 4k. Does not sound like virtual surround. Not happy I paid £300 for this

Samsung
KathSamsung
Sunny

SunnyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

great sound

Love this amazing sound bar, very easy to setup and soundbar remote works with Samsung TV without any issue. Powerful bass with the subwoofer, love the HDMI ARC, great product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $279.00.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass
Samsung
KathSamsung
Soundbars

Find out how Samsung HW-T550 compares to other Soundbars

Will H.asked

HW-T550

At times the is a distorted screeching noise coming out of the sub woofer. It sounds really scratchy and as if it were extremely high treble (odd I know).

It seems that when watching free to air tv channels, there is no issue, yet when watching Netflix or web based channels, the screeching rears it’s head.

So, what am I doing wrong?

What is a recommended setting for the sub? Between the +/-6?

Michael T.
Michael T.

Hi Will, I've not experienced that issue at all on my HW T650 so not sure what is wrong with your sub-woofer. I've set my sub level to +6 and also my bass to +6 and tend to get fairly good results (when what I am watching has good sound production such as movies (and ads lol)). Never any distorted screechy noices.
Might have to ring Samsung tech support?

Will H.

Thanks for the tip. I suspect it’s my lack of experience with my sound bar. I will employ the same settings as you mentioned.

Cheers
Will

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 3 Samsung T Series