Samsung J1043

Samsung J1043

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.4

13 years and has not missed a beat

Bought this washer in 2007, clean the debris filter only about every 3 years and it has not missed a beat in over 13 years. I will be buying another Samsung when this one eventually fails

Purchased in February 2007 at Goodguys.

Noise Level
Samsung
KathSamsung

Average machine.

Best front end loader by far

I owned this model up from 2006 until recently. I upgraded to a bigger model for new apartment.
I used everyday for most of that 9 years. Never missed a beat, never had one problem.
Had 2 interstate moves in among those years.
If you clean the drum regularly (and the detergent pull out section) and use the correct detergents will last forever.
Oh the neighbour I sold it too loves it, I paid $750 back then still got $350 a few months ago.
It is not loud, it cleans and looks after clothes beautifully and fav feature I used was the "quick cycle"
Love love love !!!!!!

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung J1043 compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Mummaofone

MummaofoneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it!

I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I've had this for 7 years, doing about 4 loads a week. One interstate move. Nothing has ever gone wrong with it. It cleans clothes well, is very water and power efficient and totally reliable. Sure it has a long full cycle (2 hours) and you can't add forgotten items but that was obvious when I bought it. It was also very cheap to buy. No regrets!
Cheap, efficient to run, effective at cleaning while being gentle on clothes.

doulamumMacksville

Brilliant

Huda Ghunaim
Huda Ghunaim

Very disappointed

Did not read reviews on this machine when we brought it,only lasted 4 years. The counter weights in the machine came loose and tried to come through the side of the machine on spin cycle. It smashed the water pipes in the back of machine and flooded the laundry,wrecking a new cabinet. also before this happend the spin cycle would only half work

Unreliable

tss21

tss21Dysart

Terrible - don't ever buy one

This is a terrible washing machine. It takes far too long to wash, and we keep having problems with it. I wish I hadn't wasted my money buying it. It doesn't even clean the clothes properly. What a waste of money. The filter keeps blocking up, the machine is hard to drain, and doesn't have a proper emergency door release.

Doesn't clean properly, continually have issues with pump and filter jamming, takes too long to wash,

Ross
Ross
GB50

GB50CAIRNS

Don't touch

About one week out of warranty and the timing stopped working. A 76 minute load started taking 120 minutes, and then 140 minutes. Then I had to manually keep changing it to different cycles. Now eight months later, the machine made a couple of bangs in the spin cycle and has completely died. Used for a family of two approximately 5-6 loads a week, and never overloaded.
water efficient
Always got 8 years+ out of top loaders, now two front loaders have broken in just over 5 years use.

bexstar

bexstarREDCLIFFE

workhorse!

Can't remember the price but this machine has lasted like no other machine I have had. The noise is a bit louder than some but up until this week (in an outside laundry) it never bothered me. I use the machine for 4-8 loads per day, it has had 1 minor issue that was fixed very quickly. The quick wash isn't quick & my seals have now gone & slightly rusting away yet it still works! Also don't overfill the washer or it will go unbalanced. Unfortunately it will be replaced soon by a bigger washer & be rehomed!
keeps working
not a very "quick" wash cycle

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung J1043 compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Terrible

Don't buy it... Parts will fail and you will end up paying more for repairs than you paid for the thing in the first place... you will regret it in the long run... I know we do.... : (
When it doesn't break down, it washers the clothes okay.
It breaks down, PC board has gone twice ($300 to replace) and the pump once... called Sam-sung , they said send us through the job printouts and we will "have a look" i.e bugger off...

I have had this machine for 3 years now and haven't had any problems what so ever. This machine has been moved 4 times with us and not once has this machine failed to work. Sounds a bit scary reading all the reviews about this machine...
Washes clothes thoroughly
Reliable
Easy to use

katie.R80

katie.R80Australia

samsung j1043 front loader washing machine

We have owned the product about three years now. We bought a business two years ago and my wife washes all of the uniforms, wash cloths, tea towels, etc, herself. The washer does a couple of loads most every day. Has never faltered and its reliability has ben much appreciated!
Reliable and easy to use
Tends to go walkabout when spinning!

Jen

JenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible

Nat

Natasked

Wondering does this machine fill up fully or is it one of those "eco-wash" ones that only use little water? Thank you!

doulamum

From my understanding it uses Fuzzy Logic and adjusts the water level accordingly.

Mazen

Mazenasked

After starting around 20 second it give on screen dE. I looked for it seems this is door error (not closed).
I paypass through wiring to cancel interlock ( blue + white wire collect together) but still the error is there. What could be the problem is it PCB? or might be carbon brushes?

doulamum

Can't help you there sorry Mazen! I'm just a user of this machine, not a repairer :)
Interested to learn what you find out though?

carmen gaddit

carmen gadditasked

Spin cycle is not working, does this mean the PCB needs to be replaced?

doulamum

It might need to be replaced, and unfortunately that's an expensive part. However while ours was pulled apart waiting to order a new PCB my husband checked and cleaned all the connections and temporarily hooked it up again so I could continue to use it in the meantime. It worked perfectly and over a year later it's still going with the original PCB.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryFront Loading Washing Machines