Samsung ME6124

Read now

Sharon

SharonPerth, WA

Sensor cook?

Does cook really well, good price, runs quietly,
great size and looks good. However, several issues. Firstly u can't see the food cooking inside because either to door is too dark or the interior light is too dim. So if things r boiling over & making a mess, u won't see it. Secondly, there is no way to decrease the cooking time when it is running. The old Samsung "Timeshare" microwave had a plus/minus 10 seconds button, so u could adjust cooking time, and I really miss this feature. Also, according the guide, the only things that u can use the sensor cook function on are popcorn, a potato or "single entrees".

Purchased in January 2021 at The Good Guys for A$179.00.

Noise Level

Great for reheating and steam cooking

I am visually impaired but by colour coding the start and stop buttons I can reheat drinks and foods effortlessly. Steaming beans, broccoli etc is just a matter of putting them in an oven bag with a little water.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$239.00.

Annie

Annie

Unsatisfactory Product

Very poor lighting, cannot see inside to view food cooking ..outside of unit mainly on top gets quite hot, smells after cooking, like rubber burning. Very disappointed with unit..soo sorry I purchased this unit..

Purchased in November 2020 at The Good Guys.

DawesvillePetePeel, WA

Samsung ME6124W Inferior quality product and warranty service

Purchased in October 2019 at The Good Guys for A$149.00.

DawesvillePete

The end result of this problem was referred to Consumer Protection WA. Samsung authorised The Good Guys Mandurah to replace the microwave. Its a shame Samsung weren't a bit more proactive and I had to refer it to Consumer Protection.

TDAdelaide

Disappointing

Purchased in September 2017 at The Good Guys for A$200.00.

TD

I have already sent Samsung my proof of purchase etc. I contacted Samsung first to organise a remedy. It looks like our best option is to ditch the expensive Samsung and go to kmart for a cheap one.

KathSamsung

I understand that you've sent this through and I'd be more than happy to investigate into this for you. Would you be able to send us your details via the link above?

Kath

ERC

ERC

Standard Microwave Oven

We only use the microwave oven to reheat food and a little bit of defrosting. It works perfectly.

The user interface is not great though. I need to take the instruction manual out every time when I need it to do something more than just reheating.

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for A$146.00.

ManojD

ManojDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great stylish Product

We bought this from Good guys. Customer service was unacceptable as sales rep was in a such a rush to get rid of us. Paid for the product as it was out of stock when we went to buy it. Great value for money.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$219.00.

CrashloadedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works great, easy to use and easy to clean.

The microwave looks great and also has good functionality. The programming and features are all useful. It heats food evenly and is very easy to clean with the inside surface. A little expensive compared to others in the same category but i feel that you are paying more for the design and looks.

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$149.00.

KathSamsung

Fantastic to hear you are enjoying your Samsung microwave! We really appreciate sharing your feedback on this product with us and I will be sure to forward this on to the team :)

Kath

lgordon9

lgordon9VIC, 3196

Dissapointed

Bought this today, and used once, but sending it back. Cannot see a thing through the glass door while cooking in progress. The light is so dim and the glass is so dark that you are unable to see anything inside while heating is in progress. A bit of a safety issue that you cannot see if something is about to overheat or explode.

Purchased in February 2020 at The goodguys for A$184.00.

AdaSamsung

We're sorry to hear you aren't a fan Gordon. Your feedback will be taken on board and passed on internally. We appreciate the time you've spent to provide your experience with this.

Caitlin Brisbane

Caitlin BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great except it broke after 2 months of use

Was going great until the door mechanism broke after 2 months meaning that it couldn’t be used as door fault kept showing. Samsung doesn’t offer replacement so has to be sent away meaning no microwave for 6 weeks. Wouldn’t recommend, our Kmart microwave before was better.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

AnotherDA

AnotherDASydney Surrounds, NSW

It's OK, wouldn't buy it again. Reflects the price

The pro is that it's powerful & decent space inside, at least compared to my previous microwave. The beep once it's finished & the reminder beeps are a great touch.

the thing I absolutely hate is that the window is DARK you can't see inside no matter what you do, so frustrating! The microwave wasn't too loud at first but after only 12 mths the noise is louder than you'd like.

My elderly parents also find this a little difficult to use as the buttons aren't colour coded. I've actually resorted to putting stickers over the buttons to help them.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys.

Davo

DavoPerth, WA

Great - except for the interior colour

Good microwave. Does what is needed. Easy enough to work out cooking options. I like the 30sec cooking button. Stylish, but like all stainless steel items finger prints and wipe marks stand out. Main negative is the interior and the lighting. Because its dark grey and the light is not strong, you can't see if liquids are bubbling over. I wouldn't buy another grey or black interior microwave again. But the Samsung build and quality is high as usual.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$220.00.

Watts Up

Watts UpSydney, NSW

Quite happy

Quite happy with this microwave as it does everything we need.

As stated in many other reviews, only a couple of slight drawbacks:
-Difficult to see food being cook inside while microwave is operating
-when pressing buttons can't be in a rush as they take a second to register.

Purchased in August 2019.

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

RUST INSIDE

So sorry I ever bought this microwave. It states clearly on all paperwork/receipt that it doesn't rust and I DOES. Ive only had a under a year and Rust is in all the joins inside . Now looking for another Brand as Panasonic don't close properly so thought I would try Samsung. PLS DONT BUY THIS.

Tammy Parnell

unless you will replace it for me im not interested in continuing this conversation

Can't see inside

Can't see inside when on. Glass too dark and bulb too dim. What a stupid oversight by Samsung.
1000w is a little low powered too.
I would recommend no one ever buy this microwave.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$172.00.

Find out how Samsung ME6124 compares to other Microwaves

Have had it for 3 hours. It has worked...once.

The microwave was used for the +30 button, pushed 4 times, heated up a cup of water. Then I set the clock. Then the microwave failed to heat. I reset it, did not reset the clock, tried changing the power to 10, turned off eco...nothing. I don't have time for this. It's going back to the shop tomorrow and I will buy Westinghouse. And yes, I did look on youtube, and read the manual...

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$179.00.

IreneF

IreneFVictoria, 3136

Love this appliance

I've had my Samsung microwave for 8 months now and I have no complaints, apart from the darkness of the front door panel which makes it difficult to see through but that's a minor irritant. I defrost food in it, cook and also reheat. So far, I haven't ruined anything! It's definitely a lot quieter than the last microwave I had so I'm very pleased.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for A$189.00.

Noise Level

Cannot see food cook, totally useless

Cannot watch your food cook, useless piece of crap, would not buy another, why they did this is beyond thought, can only wait till it blows up, I might assist it a little, this is how much I dislike it

Purchased in January 2019 for A$230.00.

Josh

JoshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Broke days after warranty ended

It was fine. I liked it, and it looks good. But then it just broke. The fan constantly just runs and the buttons do nothing. So angry at this. I expected better of something I paid so much for.

Purchased in December 2018.

Ryan

RyanChristchurch

Good microwave at a good price

We bought this microwave a couple of months ago, and have found it to be excellent. It is easy to use and works very well. There are a range of customisable features, and it looks good too. It was great value for money, we are happy with it. I would be happy to recommend it to others!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Usama M.asked

ME6124

When I open the door, the light switch on and the tray start rotating. Nothing on display

MickSamsung

This sound odd Usama. We’d recommend disconcerting the unit form power for 2-3 minutes, I the display is still blank then the unit would need to be assessed to look further into this for you. You can follow the link below to locate your closest service centre.

Mick

Usama M.

It fixed itself two days ago. This has happened once or twice before

AdaSamsung

Thanks for the update, Usama. If any further questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

nickasked

ME6124

Please may I have a CLEAR reason why the door glass on my 40 litre 1000 watt micro wave is SO dark

AdaSamsung

Hi Nick, you are unable to adjust the light of the microwave. Your feedback however, has not gone unnoticed and will be passed on.

nick

Thank you Ada, however...
I was not remarking, or asking about, the light.
I was asking why the G:LASS is SO dark?
With our previous microwave, the user could see inside, light on or off.
I have tried putting white paper at the back. Still can't see, so although it's dark coloured, it's not the lining.
NO, the issue is with the colour of the glass front.
Why is Samsung so ashamed of the inside of its product?
You cannot watch the food effectively, so.... It's very easy to get a boil over.
Please attempt to accurately answer the question..."Why is the glass SO dark"?
What is a technical reason for the color?
regards
Nick

AdaSamsung

We appreciate the perspective you have provided on the design of the ME6124 microwave, Nick. We're sorry to hear it did not live up to your expectations.

Richard S.

Richard S.asked

ME6124

Purchased new Samsung microwave today. Cannot see it cooking thu door too dark Why.?

Radiation

AdaSamsung

Hi Richard, you are unable to adjust the light of the microwave. Your feedback however, has not gone unnoticed and will be passed on.

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare both Samsung ME6124
CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) A$219.00A$219.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Sensor CookingChild Safety Lock and Sensor Cooking
Capacity34L34L
Dimensions 297 x 523 x 411 mm297 x 523 x 411 mm
Turntable Diameter345 mm345 mm
Door MechanismPush ReleasePush Release
Colour / FinishBlackBlack
Power1,000 W1,000 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare both Samsung ME6124