Samsung ME6124

Davo

DavoPerth, WA

Great - except for the interior colour

Good microwave. Does what is needed. Easy enough to work out cooking options. I like the 30sec cooking button. Stylish, but like all stainless steel items finger prints and wipe marks stand out. Main negative is the interior and the lighting. Because its dark grey and the light is not strong, you can't see if liquids are bubbling over. I wouldn't buy another grey or black interior microwave again. But the Samsung build and quality is high as usual.

Purchased in July 2018 for $220.00.

Watts Up

Watts UpSydney, NSW

Quite happy

Quite happy with this microwave as it does everything we need.

As stated in many other reviews, only a couple of slight drawbacks:
-Difficult to see food being cook inside while microwave is operating
-when pressing buttons can't be in a rush as they take a second to register.

Purchased in August 2019.

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

RUST INSIDE

So sorry I ever bought this microwave. It states clearly on all paperwork/receipt that it doesn't rust and I DOES. Ive only had a under a year and Rust is in all the joins inside . Now looking for another Brand as Panasonic don't close properly so thought I would try Samsung. PLS DONT BUY THIS.

Tammy Parnell

unless you will replace it for me im not interested in continuing this conversation

Can't see inside

Can't see inside when on. Glass too dark and bulb too dim. What a stupid oversight by Samsung.
1000w is a little low powered too.
I would recommend no one ever buy this microwave.

Purchased in July 2019 for $172.00.

Noise Level

Have had it for 3 hours. It has worked...once.

The microwave was used for the +30 button, pushed 4 times, heated up a cup of water. Then I set the clock. Then the microwave failed to heat. I reset it, did not reset the clock, tried changing the power to 10, turned off eco...nothing. I don't have time for this. It's going back to the shop tomorrow and I will buy Westinghouse. And yes, I did look on youtube, and read the manual...

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $179.00.

IreneFVictoria, 3136

Love this appliance

I've had my Samsung microwave for 8 months now and I have no complaints, apart from the darkness of the front door panel which makes it difficult to see through but that's a minor irritant. I defrost food in it, cook and also reheat. So far, I haven't ruined anything! It's definitely a lot quieter than the last microwave I had so I'm very pleased.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys Physical store for $189.00.

Noise Level

Cannot see food cook, totally useless

Cannot watch your food cook, useless piece of crap, would not buy another, why they did this is beyond thought, can only wait till it blows up, I might assist it a little, this is how much I dislike it

Purchased in January 2019 for $230.00.

Josh

JoshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Broke days after warranty ended

It was fine. I liked it, and it looks good. But then it just broke. The fan constantly just runs and the buttons do nothing. So angry at this. I expected better of something I paid so much for.

Purchased in December 2018.

Ryan

RyanChristchurch

Good microwave at a good price

We bought this microwave a couple of months ago, and have found it to be excellent. It is easy to use and works very well. There are a range of customisable features, and it looks good too. It was great value for money, we are happy with it. I would be happy to recommend it to others!

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Uthpala Lakmalee

Uthpala LakmaleeBayswater

Great Value

Love the sleek design. We have had the same model for over two years and when I bought my own place I bought another as it serves every need. Heats up fast and no fuss. easy cleaning. Love the guide setting sticker at the top. Works well for everyday needs.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

Heats up fast and no fuss, what more could you need? Thanks for sharing your review with us, you're awesome!

- Vicky

Cobber

CobberPerth

Cant see food

The microwave functions fine, though the tint on the door is WAY too dark and you are not able to see the food as it is cooking. When the door is open the interior light is functional, though once the door is closed it is useless.
When heating up a jug of milk for custard etc, you really need to be able to see as it comes to the boil. With this microwave that is not possible. I feel that in an attempt to make this microwave look "funky" from they have completely sacrificed usability. Not sure why they put a window on this model at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Tal

Tal

Great so far!

We have had our microwave for a month now. We like it! Although, my husband has mentioned that it should have the feature where you can press “start” and it will automatically cook for 30seconds rather than having to press the 30second button and then start. Our old microwave did this so he wishes this did the same lol.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Sydneen

Sydneen

TERRIFIC

I have been using my microwave for 7 years, non stop with no problems whatsoever. It is easy to clean, I can watch what is happening during cooking, and it cooks evenly. Defrosting, reheating and cooking are made so quick and easy that I would recommend this to anyone wishing to buy an economical and efficient device.

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Rosegarden

RosegardenBrighton

Good classic sttyle microwave

Really solid traditional type of microwave from Samsung with a beautiful style to it. It does look nice but the main thing is it cooks VERY well indeed and never acts up. It has clear simple menus and a really nice touchpad too. Its nice when things "just work". Delivers the goods every time.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Ash

Ash

My fave

This is a one stop shop for a micro wave, nothing you put in ever overcooks or burns, and it make rice amazing you will not be disappointed with this gem. I have had this for 4 weeks best microwave I have owned to date, I definitely recommend this one to friends and family.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Roarpwr2

Roarpwr2Brighton

Very happy wth this

We upgraded from a crappy old Aldi microwave to this and didn't look back. Its a pleasure to use in comparison and looks good in the kitchen to boot. Menus are very intuitive and I find the cooking times pretty much spot on. I really like the smart defrost that doesn't cook the food while defrosting - very good. Its fast on full power too. Overall very happy, literally no complaints.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Stephen W

Stephen WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Better than the Old version

The old Microwave started to make loud noises but after 10 years of service it had lasted well, I decided to buy the same model but the latest. After reading the reviews I found the complaints were minor and so purchased the new ME6124ST in July. The new version was better than the old one, it was quieter and had all the features of the old one with the improved timer of 30 seconds rather than 1 minute. The blue led light was very nice touch.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Ella

EllaRosehill

So Elegant

I super love the look of this microwave! Very elegant and blends-in well with our modern minimalist look in our kitchen, even my husband chose this one as he really likes the physical aspect of this microwave. Works well and very easy to clean. Super easy to understand the menus and the size is just right.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Kyky

KykyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Super sleek

Best microwave I’ve had, works super fast to heat many varieties of food and multiple settings to make life easier. Love how it looks in my kitchen - it’s quite large and sterdy but doesn’t look bulky and cheap at all. Super easy to clean out and I feel as though it will last for many years.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Goalie97

Goalie97Melbourne

Great Looking Microwave - Works Well

This is a really stylish and great looking microwave. The finish complements other appliances in my kitchen so I am very happy with that. It has excellent menus that make good sense when you use them and it cooks very evenly too. The output is 1000 watts (my old one was only 800) and the difference is very noticeable. It definitely cooks quicker but it also seems to cook cook more evenly so I have had to relearn the timing of some things. Overall is a great looking machine that works very well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Harish

Harishasked

Is it possible to bake in this microwave?

JoanneSamsung

Hi Harish, this Microwave Oven does not have the ability to bake. We recommend for you to look at convection microwaves if you are interested in this kind of feature.

Jo
Samsung AU

johnasked

ME6124W (White)

might seem stupid but I cannot get my auto defrost to operate it comes up the time and kg but nothing happens when I press start

IreneF

I followed the directions in the instruction manual (page 20) and it worked fine. On pressing "power defrost" the number I is auto selected which is for meat, two presses of "power defrost" you're on 2 for poultry, 3 presses for fish and 4 for bread/cake. I was defrosting 500 grams of mince so I pressed 5 for .5kg and when I pressed START it showed 9 minutes 9 seconds on the read out as it started up.

john

I did that after I sent the request and it worked ok
Many thanks

Sumiyya M.

Sumiyya M.asked

ME6124W (White)

is Samsung Me6124w microwave is convection microwave? how to set temperature in it

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Sumiyya, the ME6124W is not a convection microwave and so you would be unable to set its temperature. The microwave however, allows you to set up to two different stages of cooking, each with its own time length and power level. The Power Level button lets you control the heating intensity from Warm to High.

User Manual (page 16) > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201804/20180419152023512/ME6124W_XSA-03248A-07_EN.pdf

Jo
Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung ME6124ST (Stainless Steel)

Samsung ME6124ST (Stainless Steel)

Samsung ME6124W (White)

Samsung ME6124W (White)

CategoryMicrowavesMicrowaves
Price (RRP) $219.00$219.00
Type ConventionalConventional
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Sensor Cooking Child Safety Lock and Sensor Cooking
Capacity34L34L
Dimensions 297 x 523 x 411 mm297 x 523 x 411 mm
Turntable Diameter345 mm345 mm
Door MechanismPush ReleasePush Release
Colour / Finish BlackBlack
Power1,000 W1,000 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Visit official website - Download manual