Samsung ME6144

Perfect for home

It takes very quick for some food to get heated up. I think it is quite easy to use and clean after use. It heats food evenly which is excellent. Overall I'm happy with my purchase

Purchased in November 2018.

Noise Level

Reheat the occasional slice of pizza? This microwave might just do it for you

In the first 4 weeks the door release button became unreliable and a hot burning smell was experienced. To give small credit where due, the item was replaced under warranty (regrettably, I never accepted the offer of a full refund...) Within 2 weeks the replacement microwave went completely dead part way through cooking a plum pudding (10 min full power, interval, 10 min 70% power). Conveniently, this occurred entering the Xmas/ New Year period and the local repairer was closed. Was graciously offered the option of taking it to the next nearest repairer (150kms, no thanks). Turns out the unit overheated and tripped. Every other microwave (various brands - not Samsung) over the past 35 or so years has been able to cook meals, steam rice etc (e.g. full cooking tasks) without failure. In the past 5-6 months the microwave has performed OK, but I cannot help viewing it with a jaundiced eye. Buy again - no thanks

Purchased in November 2018 for $198.00.

Noise Level
I’m really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far and that we didn't meet your expectations. If you wish to discuss this further, our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AU

good addition to the kitchen

Am very happy with my purchase. Very easy to keep clean, very powerful lots of features good manual programmable cooking cycle does everything I want. The downside though you will not be able to see inside. It is very powerful having upgraded from a lower wattage unit but instructions are easy to understand. I have used most if not all the features thus far and am not disappointed.

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for $185.00.

Noise Level

Died before its third birthday

While it was working this microwave was fine. It heated food evenly without too much noise. Our teenagers especially liked the pre-set button for pizza slices and popcorn (I couldn't be bothered to figure out how to use those settings). The size was great - all our bowls fit in without any problem. However we found the display very dark and you had to crouch in front of the microwave to be able to read the settings, which was such a pain that we had to move it from the designated microwave cavity onto the benchtop. This issue is over for us now because just before it's third birthday the microwave died yesterday. There was a flash and then it was dead, like a fuse had blown. I contacted Samsung and of course it's nothing to do with them. The microwave I had before (not Samsung, Panasonic) lasted 20 years.

Purchased in May 2019 for $276.00.

Noise Level
Thanks for reaching out to us, we’re really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far. We’d be more than happy to investigate further into this – Our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Mick Samsung AUThanks. We bought a new one. LG. It's fabulous. Choice Winner several years in a row.

Nice Microwave!

This microwave is very energy efficient, does the job in seconds. The size best fits the place and is suitable. It is very very nicely designed and fulfils the needs.

Purchased in November 2018.

Economical, easy to use, large capacity

I recently had to replace my microwave and scored this samsung for under $200. I use it numerous times a day, controls are simple, it has a large internal capacity and cooks evenly. Nice stainless steel rimmed face. I would love a different tone when the timer stops, but for this price I can't complain.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Works well with no issues. Good affordable microwave

Read other reviews before writing my own and I and my family haven't experienced any issues with this microwave.
We got this for ~$180 last year and we have been pretty happy with it. The design seems fairly sturdy with 40L capacity, meaning it can heat up a lot of food. Others have commented that the buttons are not well designed, that is a possibility since my family and I don't frequently use the microwave but we haven't really noticed anything obvious.

In terms of heating the food evenly, there has been no issue there. I've had no issue with noise/sounds coming from the microwave. It's certainly a lot quieter than my previous microwave.

I recommend this microwave, it's good quality and value.

Don't recommend

We are onto our third replacement thinking that we were unlucky with the first two. Unfortunately the third microwave is also faulty. Issues have included: 1. Overheating. Cooking rice or steaming vegetables causes it to overheat and the power cuts out, and you have to wait 8mins or so to turn on again. 2. Door not closing properly, and then the start button not functioning (after 4 days of use). 3. Not heating food sufficiently. After 8 minutes in the microwave the porridge is back to being cooked on the stove top. Customer service of the company we purchased from is good, but this product is really not worth buying. The low price was attractive but the hassle isn't worth it.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi Tam, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, when its most convenient for you can you please send that through? Anna Samsung Australia

Very happy

Nice and large inside for bigger dishes. Reheats and cooks very fast and evenly. The control panel is simple to follow with one touch controls. The white outside is easy to clean and doesn't show up finger marks. The inside is also easy to keep clean, well done Samsung on a quality product.

4 Years Later Starts Tripping The RCD

Apart from the usual complaint of having a dark screen and there being better options... this microwave has done us ok until this this morning when it started tripping the RCD. Wasn't even using it at the time. Checked the outlet = ok. Plugged it into another outlet - trip. Bought it just over 4 years ago at just under half price (approx $190). Guess this is fairly typical. Will see if a repair is worth the hassle.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Thank you for your review, Robbo. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with your microwave and we would like to have this resolved for you ASAP! If you click on the below links, you can locate your nearest service centre: > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/ Jazz Samsung Australia

Good microwave but expected a little more from Samsung

Nice looking microwave but the finish isn't exactly what I was expecting from one of Samsung's more expensive microwaves. The button to open the door can be a little flimsy at times and will get stuck, hasn't broken or anything yet but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time. The enamel coating of the inside makes it really easy to clean which is great. Heats well and appears to be pretty consistent. Good microwave for what I paid for it after being on sale, wouldn't have wanted to pay anymore

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Great Product. Value for money!

It fulfils your daily needs from the microwave. Not a fancy product but definitely the value for money. Where usually the warranty is for 1 year, this one offers 2 years warranty. The heating bulb bursted after one year and i got it replaced without any hassles under warranty. If it has got a life a 2 years, I will find it as complete payback of little money spent on this. If it goes any further, that would be a bonus.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Looks good but could find a lot better alternatives for the price

Pros:
- Stainless steel trim gives a modern, stylish look
- Large capacity for heating bigger things
- Quick start button (1min heating)
- Cooks/heats food (as should be expected)

Cons:
- Rather noisy for a modern day appliance (noisier than other microwaves)
- Fingerprint and dirt magnet
- Price. Paid $200 which was half price according to the tag. For a supposedly $400 machine, there is nothing
outstanding about it and I'm certain any other $400 machine would be a better value buy.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Excellent Value and Utility

We really like this microwave! It's easy to operate, even for an Adult.
It is quiet! At least it is much quieter than the old GE. Second, the various settings seem to work well. I used the sensor reheat yesterday evening for the first time and it worked very well. I have yet to try any of the other auto settings; I’ve never used many such settings in the past. But this little guy has me intrigued for some strange reason.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Happy with the purchase

Happy with my purchase, the food always come out fresh and lively, specially rice. I always cook my rice using my Samsung microwave.
Programming seems a touch too much for me but that's just me as I don't consider myself as too tech savvy.
Generally the food heats evenly - specially recommended for frozen food.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

It looks nice and it is big

I have purchased 3 of them for the company. The good things about it are. 1. It is 40L so it is big enough to put in a lot of variety of food. 2. When it is working (Turning) the sound it lower than some other microwave is. 3. It looks nice and modern.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Excellent!!!

I really love this company, it always has products of good quality.
On account of the microwave, I'm pretty pretty. Very good design and easy to use. Does not dry food, quickly defrosts and quickly heats up, many convenient programs. Thanks to this microwave , we save time and money.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Still going strong

I purchased this microwave in 2013 and 5 years later it is still going as strong as the first day I bought it. The microwave has been on the move through 3 houses in that time and it has never failed me once. I use it constantly many times every day and I am surprised how well it has performed. Has plenty of power to heat or cook any foods.

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Reliable and good value for money

My experiences with this microwave have been mostly positive. It provides good cooking performance, and has a very useful popcorn preset which delivers some of the best results I have seen from a microwave. It is relatively quiet in operation, easy to clean, and thankfully does not have the noisy cooling mode present in microwaves from other manufacturers. A good value for money microwave.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Wonderful Microwave

The best microwave I have owned. Our favourite feature is that you can turn the sound off, it is just fantastic. Secondly it cooks and reheats food quite precisely, which means it saves my household a lot of money. The only tiny issue is the door is very dark, but strangely at night if you turn out the lights you can see into it then.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Our microwave won’t work at all it is showing. -SE- on the digital screen
Hi Tracy, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to provide me with your contact details and any reference number to our Facebook via the link below? Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Jo Samsung AU

There does not appear to be any light at all. I only bought the microwave new 2 days ago. Is there a problem. Thanks
Hi there, the ME6144W does come with a tinted front screen by design. If there seems to be a faulty issue, I will suggest heading back to your place of purchase to confirm this. If you have any further issues, please give our customer care line a call on 1300 362 603 for further assistance. Philip Samsung Australia

Please can you tell me how the internal light works?
When the oven door is opened and oven is operating the light is on. Unfortunately because the oven door has black glass you cannot see what is inside clearly and therefore accidents such as overboiling happen. Hope that helps.because the oven door has black glass you cannot see what is inside and therefore accidents such as over boiling happen. Hope that helps. Regards JJ

ME6144ST (Stainless Steel)ME6144W (White)
Capacity4040