Samsung ME6144

Read now

3.4

SalJay

SalJayAlbury, NSW

Died after 3.5 years. Don't recommend.

Microwave purchased 3.5 years ago from Appliances Online. It has had moderate useage during that time and was reliable at heating food, doing the job quite well. Had no problems with how it worked.
However, it has just stopped working completely and won't turn on.

We are disappointed and are looking for a new microwave that isn't this model... won't be buying again.

Purchased at Appliances Online.

Chris

ChrisBrisbane

Great microwave

Good features, ability to turn sound off and custom cook button are the standouts. Only downside so far is the door opening button sometimes sticks in but it might just need a clean. Would buy again.

MickSamsung
Sarah Groves

Sarah GrovesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

An essential appliance

Excellent for on the go use at the office. Stainless steel build so cleaning with a sponge is an ease. Also eats food evenly unlike a different branded microwave oven we purchased beforehand.

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for A$156.00.

KathSamsung

juliedallaPerth, WA

Excellent Product

This microwave was purchased at least 10 years ago and just got an error code tonight. (E5/S5).
The same model is still available so that goes to show it's longevity. I'm going to Good Guys tomorrow to buy the same one because it is a wonderful microwave.

Purchased in June 2010 at The Good Guys for A$199.00.

Sampson Lai

Sampson Lai

Great Product

Just bought it in Sept 2019 in Good Guys. It is easy to use and functional. It has a great power to use less time to heat up the food. My kids really like it. We are all happy with this product.

Purchased in September 2019 at The Good Guys.

Asanka Vidana

Asanka VidanaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Choice

I bought this online though Buy Smarte website. I am very happy so far with the product as it works just fine. It has a very quality finish and does the job without any issues. Quite and efficient, also price was reasonable too

Purchased in September 2019 for A$179.00.

GaloogaAU

Terrible it started showing 5E error every time we heated something that steamed two months out of warranty

showing 5E error every time we heated something that steamed two months out of warranty. For a while unplugging it and leaving door open to clear the steam got it going again.
We were unplugging and leaving door open all the time this seemed to allow us to use it to defrost items.
However now it refuses to go longer than 30 seconds doing anything.
It seems to be a very common fault in the keypad with these Samsung microwaves they also apparently pose a fire risk hence keeping it unplugged.

Purchased in April 2014 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$160.00.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Daisy P

Daisy PGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect for home

It takes very quick for some food to get heated up. I think it is quite easy to use and clean after use. It heats food evenly which is excellent. Overall I'm happy with my purchase

Purchased in November 2018.

Norman26

Norman26CHATSWOOD

Reheat the occasional slice of pizza? This microwave might just do it for you

Purchased in November 2018 for A$198.00.

Kamal E.

Kamal E.

good addition to the kitchen

Am very happy with my purchase. Very easy to keep clean, very powerful lots of features good manual programmable cooking cycle does everything I want. The downside though you will not be able to see inside. It is very powerful having upgraded from a lower wattage unit but instructions are easy to understand. I have used most if not all the features thus far and am not disappointed.

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for A$185.00.

Marie-LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Died before its third birthday

Purchased in May 2019 for A$276.00.

Marie-Louise

Thanks. We bought a new one. LG. It's fabulous. Choice Winner several years in a row.

Nice Microwave!

This microwave is very energy efficient, does the job in seconds. The size best fits the place and is suitable. It is very very nicely designed and fulfils the needs.

Purchased in November 2018.

Haley39

Haley39Mid North Coast, NSW

Economical, easy to use, large capacity

I recently had to replace my microwave and scored this samsung for under $200. I use it numerous times a day, controls are simple, it has a large internal capacity and cooks evenly. Nice stainless steel rimmed face. I would love a different tone when the timer stops, but for this price I can't complain.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
kakarot

kakarotMelbourne

Works well with no issues. Good affordable microwave

Read other reviews before writing my own and I and my family haven't experienced any issues with this microwave.
We got this for ~$180 last year and we have been pretty happy with it. The design seems fairly sturdy with 40L capacity, meaning it can heat up a lot of food. Others have commented that the buttons are not well designed, that is a possibility since my family and I don't frequently use the microwave but we haven't really noticed anything obvious.

In terms of heating the food evenly, there has been no issue there. I've had no issue with noise/sounds coming from the microwave. It's certainly a lot quieter than my previous microwave.

I recommend this microwave, it's good quality and value.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Don't recommend

We are onto our third replacement thinking that we were unlucky with the first two. Unfortunately the third microwave is also faulty. Issues have included: 1. Overheating. Cooking rice or steaming vegetables causes it to overheat and the power cuts out, and you have to wait 8mins or so to turn on again. 2. Door not closing properly, and then the start button not functioning (after 4 days of use). 3. Not heating food sufficiently. After 8 minutes in the microwave the porridge is back to being cooked on the stove top. Customer service of the company we purchased from is good, but this product is really not worth buying. The low price was attractive but the hassle isn't worth it.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Tam, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, when its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Anna
Samsung Australia

Keith

KeithHigh Wycombe

Very happy

Nice and large inside for bigger dishes. Reheats and cooks very fast and evenly. The control panel is simple to follow with one touch controls. The white outside is easy to clean and doesn't show up finger marks. The inside is also easy to keep clean, well done Samsung on a quality product.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

4 Years Later Starts Tripping The RCD

Apart from the usual complaint of having a dark screen and there being better options... this microwave has done us ok until this this morning when it started tripping the RCD. Wasn't even using it at the time. Checked the outlet = ok. Plugged it into another outlet - trip. Bought it just over 4 years ago at just under half price (approx $190). Guess this is fairly typical. Will see if a repair is worth the hassle.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Matt

MattQueensland

Good microwave but expected a little more from Samsung

Nice looking microwave but the finish isn't exactly what I was expecting from one of Samsung's more expensive microwaves. The button to open the door can be a little flimsy at times and will get stuck, hasn't broken or anything yet but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time. The enamel coating of the inside makes it really easy to clean which is great. Heats well and appears to be pretty consistent. Good microwave for what I paid for it after being on sale, wouldn't have wanted to pay anymore

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Harsh P

Harsh PSydney

Great Product. Value for money!

It fulfils your daily needs from the microwave. Not a fancy product but definitely the value for money. Where usually the warranty is for 1 year, this one offers 2 years warranty. The heating bulb bursted after one year and i got it replaced without any hassles under warranty. If it has got a life a 2 years, I will find it as complete payback of little money spent on this. If it goes any further, that would be a bonus.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Brad

BradNowra NSW

Looks good but could find a lot better alternatives for the price

Pros:
- Stainless steel trim gives a modern, stylish look
- Large capacity for heating bigger things
- Quick start button (1min heating)
- Cooks/heats food (as should be expected)

Cons:
- Rather noisy for a modern day appliance (noisier than other microwaves)
- Fingerprint and dirt magnet
- Price. Paid $200 which was half price according to the tag. For a supposedly $400 machine, there is nothing
outstanding about it and I'm certain any other $400 machine would be a better value buy.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

A Mum

A Mumasked

ME6144ST (Stainless Steel)

just purchased this product from Harvey Norman. I wonder if it is faulty as it doesn't appear to heat food very well. According to instructions for a lite n easy frozen meal bowl, I would need to heat it full power for 4 mn. I have to microwave it an extra 1mn and a half as it is still frozen in the middle after 4 minutes

juliedalla

Lite n easy has heating times on their lids, if it says 7 mins then it's 7 mins. My lite n easy meals heat exactly when I do the times given. I've not had any problems with any heating by this microwave. Try something else, if it's still cold or frozen, then maybe you do have a fault.

MickSamsung

Hey there, the times listed in the manual are a general guide but it is best to follow any cooking instructions listed on the food packaging itself. Actually cooking times may vary depending on multiple factors but if you do continue to experience issues with your microwave, can you send a private message with your details?

You can do so through Product Review’s private message system but our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Mick

Sparkly1asked

ME6144

Should this microwave have a light on while food is cooking?? We just got ours yesterday and realised we could not see in when it was cooking.

Galooga

Light should be on but the door tint & mesh blocks it and you can barely see inside

AdaSamsung

Hi, the ME6144 does have an interior light.

Thanks Jo
We are unable to see through the door of microwave while food is cooking and there is no visible light when door is open. Should we be able to see a light???

Jess

Jessasked

ME6144W (White)

Where are the vents on this model? It would fit snugly in my microwave space at 56.5cm side to side with plenty of room at the back and top of the unit. Would that be OK for ventilation?

AdaSamsung

Hi Jess, we have provided a link below to the User Manual to guide you on installing your microwave oven and the ventilation space that is recommended.

User Manual (page 6) > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/ME6144W/XSA/

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives