Samsung Powerbot 9000 Series
See the Best Robot Vacuum Cleaners in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Richard N.
Richard N.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Great vacuum. Terrible battery and warranty policy

Vacuum works really well however buyers should be aware that despite the 2 year manufacturers warranty on the rest of the vacuum the battery only has a 1 year warranty. I purchased the extended warranty through the supplier so I thought I was covered for 4 years. Slightly after a year the battery died and I was told a new one would be around $370. When I called Samsung I was told that the expected battery life is between 1 and 2 years. Any product that needs a replacement part worth $370 every year or 2 is simply a terrible product in my opinion. I would love to hear more from Samsung regarding this issue as it means owning this vacuum is extremely expensive.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $1,200.00.

Powerful but awful value for money and breaks down. A lot!

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Chrisssss
Chrisssss

Bad value. Frequent breaking

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Samsung Powerbot 9000 Series compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Highly overrated

Would give 0 starts if I could
Misses vacuuming areas
Does not work on carpets
Mapping is useless, bangs around
Keeps getting stuck with its rear up on walls
Watch the battery drain while it continues looking for its dock
Battery does not last

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Sandrine
SandrineRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Beware of the battery costs!

The vaccum cleaner is a great product, though very expensive. What you are not told is that the cost of the replacement battery is $399; it lasts about a year depending on usage.

Purchased in October 2018 at eBay for $800.00.

KathSamsung

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

The Best Robot Vacuums in 2020

A good robot vacuum will clean your floors while you’re at work, or taking care of the kids, or relaxing on the couch. However, the influx of new models every year can make it hard to know which one to pick. In this article, we share feedback from reviewers of the Top 5 Best Robot Vacuums in 2020 to help you learn what to prioritise and what to avoid in a robotic vacuum cleaner.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 June 2020
the-best-robot-vacuums-of-2020-so-far
Sarah P
Sarah PBrisbane

Samsung = Worst Robotic Vacuums Ever

Over the past 8 or so years, I have owned 4 Samsung robotic vacuum cleaners, including, most recently, this one. The first two just stopped sucking, the third just died and this one has motion sensor issues + a component in the wheel is broken (so it turns around in circles and thinks it is running into something when it isn't). I attempted to get assistance with Samsung but was ordered to obtain my proof of purchase from where I purchased the vacuum. JB Hifi do not have my proof of purchase so a vacuum I purchased just over 2 years ago for $2500 is now defunct and ready for the bin. Won't be wasting my money on any more Samsung vacuums and will be urging anyone that will listen not to opt for a Samsung robot vacuum

Purchased in February 2018.

Qlander
QlanderNorth Queensland, QLD

Started out ok - all down hill from there!

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,249.00.

Battery issue?!

Unit works well - we have a tile floor, and its quite good for that. Having said that, we had not used our unit for some time as we used to have cleaners come in as well. Now, having to use it again to a change of circumstances due to COVID-19, the battery seems to have packed up? It says full charge on the dock, but when you turn it on, it only moves 1 cm away and dies?!

There's no warning on stuff like this that a. the battery will die, and b. on top of the $2k for the unit, the battery is going to cost you another $400 to replace - without even a techie looking at it..

Not value for money Samsung!

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $2,000.00.

Ian G.
Ian G.

Hi Kath, thanks for acknowledging the problem. Is this a free service? can i bring it in to a store instead?

Craig W.
Craig W.Perth, WA

Good Vac, Terrible Battery

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,999.00.

Steffi83
Steffi83South East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding clean

This is my dream come true. And worth every dollar. We use it upstairs and downstairs on carpet and tile and the mats we have scattered around the home. It saves me hours of vacuuming time that I can spend with my daughters. Great on pet hair too. Excellent and throughout clean. Easy to set up and easy to use. Very easy to clean and empty. Transitions well from tile to carpet and moves around objects easily as it has a sensor. Powerful suction, I love that I can control it from my phone even if Im not home. Love it.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,480.00.

Marian R.
Marian R.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Works well... when it works

I do like the unit but had to have warranty work done, then just outside of warranty the barrier device stopped working, and now the battery needs replacing and will cost $250 to replace. For the price paid I don’t feel like it was money we spent. I am contemplating if perhaps buying a cheaper branded unit annually is a better financial decision that fixing this unit.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Quinny
QuinnyVictoria

Samsung CycloneForce

This is the second robot vac we have had & far better than the earlier model. It has exceptional suction & (unlike the other) hasn’t missed a beat. Highly recommend this unit

Caroline
CarolineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overpriced and useless

This thing has needed constant repairs and replacements and visits from technicians since the day be bought it. Still has connection issues, and the "smart" mapping feature needs a lot of work; I haven't even been able to use this feature at all since purchasing the unit over a year ago because it's rubbish. If this product stops working again once our warranty is finished, we will be chucking it in the trash. The biggest waste of time and money.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,448.00.

AdaSamsung
anne castle
anne castleMid North Coast, NSW

Terrible, and poor service

My power bot has been in repairers since April 2019.now in retailers waiting for response from samsung have communicated with Jo today it seems they don't have access to my complaint,haha .It seems like they don't want to deal with the problem. Not happy next step is current affairs

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $1,500.00.

AdaSamsung

We're sorry to hear this, Anne. We have noticed that you have reached out to us recently via Facebook in regard to this. Just to let you know, we have sent a message to your Inbox. We recommend for you to keep an eye out for this.

Jo
Samsung AU

David O.
David O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A little over rated

Definitely saves time and effort from hoovering, great to leave on when you need to do other chores / leave the house however doesn't perform the best clean (occaisonally missing areas of the house) and is definitely over priced. Would suggest to wait until tech improved / cost reduced.

Purchased in March 2019 for $700.00.

Samsung AUSamsung