Samsung Powerbot 9000 Series

How to land the best robot vacuum

Not many people love spending their well-earned weekends and precious after-work hours lugging around a vacuum cleaner. A reliable robot vacuum can free up time to spend with loved ones or enjoy your favourite hobbies. In this 2020 guide, we help you understand which features to look for in a robot vacuum cleaner, and how to find a compatible match with your home and lifestyle.

Read now

3.5

Sandrine

SandrineRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Beware of the battery costs!

The vaccum cleaner is a great product, though very expensive. What you are not told is that the cost of the replacement battery is $399; it lasts about a year depending on usage.

Purchased in October 2018 at eBay for A$800.00.

Sarah P

Sarah PBrisbane

Samsung = Worst Robotic Vacuums Ever

Over the past 8 or so years, I have owned 4 Samsung robotic vacuum cleaners, including, most recently, this one. The first two just stopped sucking, the third just died and this one has motion sensor issues + a component in the wheel is broken (so it turns around in circles and thinks it is running into something when it isn't). I attempted to get assistance with Samsung but was ordered to obtain my proof of purchase from where I purchased the vacuum. JB Hifi do not have my proof of purchase so a vacuum I purchased just over 2 years ago for $2500 is now defunct and ready for the bin. Won't be wasting my money on any more Samsung vacuums and will be urging anyone that will listen not to opt for a Samsung robot vacuum

Purchased in February 2018.

Qlander

QlanderNorth Queensland, QLD

Started out ok - all down hill from there!

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,249.00.

System Errors Every time
Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Samsung Powerbot 9000 Series compares to other Robot Vacuum Cleaners

Battery issue?!

Unit works well - we have a tile floor, and its quite good for that. Having said that, we had not used our unit for some time as we used to have cleaners come in as well. Now, having to use it again to a change of circumstances due to COVID-19, the battery seems to have packed up? It says full charge on the dock, but when you turn it on, it only moves 1 cm away and dies?!

There's no warning on stuff like this that a. the battery will die, and b. on top of the $2k for the unit, the battery is going to cost you another $400 to replace - without even a techie looking at it..

Not value for money Samsung!

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for A$2,000.00.

Product is used Rarely
Ian G.
Ian G.

Hi Kath, thanks for acknowledging the problem. Is this a free service? can i bring it in to a store instead?

Craig W.

Craig W.Perth, WA

Good Vac, Terrible Battery

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$1,999.00.

Steffi83

Steffi83South East Queensland, QLD

Outstanding clean

This is my dream come true. And worth every dollar. We use it upstairs and downstairs on carpet and tile and the mats we have scattered around the home. It saves me hours of vacuuming time that I can spend with my daughters. Great on pet hair too. Excellent and throughout clean. Easy to set up and easy to use. Very easy to clean and empty. Transitions well from tile to carpet and moves around objects easily as it has a sensor. Powerful suction, I love that I can control it from my phone even if Im not home. Love it.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$1,480.00.

Product is used Daily
System Errors Never
Marian R.

Marian R.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Works well... when it works

I do like the unit but had to have warranty work done, then just outside of warranty the barrier device stopped working, and now the battery needs replacing and will cost $250 to replace. For the price paid I don’t feel like it was money we spent. I am contemplating if perhaps buying a cheaper branded unit annually is a better financial decision that fixing this unit.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$1,200.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Quinny

QuinnyVictoria

Samsung CycloneForce

This is the second robot vac we have had & far better than the earlier model. It has exceptional suction & (unlike the other) hasn’t missed a beat. Highly recommend this unit

Caroline

CarolineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overpriced and useless

This thing has needed constant repairs and replacements and visits from technicians since the day be bought it. Still has connection issues, and the "smart" mapping feature needs a lot of work; I haven't even been able to use this feature at all since purchasing the unit over a year ago because it's rubbish. If this product stops working again once our warranty is finished, we will be chucking it in the trash. The biggest waste of time and money.

Purchased in July 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$1,448.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
System Errors Every time

anne castle

anne castleMid North Coast, NSW

Terrible, and poor service

My power bot has been in repairers since April 2019.now in retailers waiting for response from samsung have communicated with Jo today it seems they don't have access to my complaint,haha .It seems like they don't want to deal with the problem. Not happy next step is current affairs

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,500.00.

AdaSamsung

We're sorry to hear this, Anne. We have noticed that you have reached out to us recently via Facebook in regard to this. Just to let you know, we have sent a message to your Inbox. We recommend for you to keep an eye out for this.

Jo

David O.

David O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A little over rated

Definitely saves time and effort from hoovering, great to leave on when you need to do other chores / leave the house however doesn't perform the best clean (occaisonally missing areas of the house) and is definitely over priced. Would suggest to wait until tech improved / cost reduced.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$700.00.

Hqdavid

HqdavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Prone to breaking down.

I bought this Vacuum on 17/12/2017 it is now 26/04/2019 and it has been in for repair on 5 separate occasions, I have just been told that the battery needs replacing and it only has a 6 month warranty so I have to pay $240 for a new battery, I would not recommend this to anyone.

Purchased in December 2017 for A$1,300.00.

Product is used Daily
Jules P

Jules PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Works ok but constantly breaks down

Have had it for just over two years and in that time has broken down four times and required new batteries, new chargers, etc. This is the most unreliable piece of consumer electronics we have ever purchased. The unit does actually work fairly well but I reckon we've spent more than 8 hours driving to and from service centres and trying to fix the thing.

Purchased in December 2016 at Bing Lee Online store for A$1,399.00.

Tony

TonySydney, NSW

This is bad value for money

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$1,299.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Tony, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, when its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Lisa
Samsung Australia

Batteries die and are HUNDREDS of dollars to replace (WARNING)

Purchased in December 2017 at samsung for A$850.00.

Trure Racing

Trure RacingSouth East Queensland, QLD

Powerful suction, better than others

It has a Powerful vac / Strong suction. Suited to / good on hard surfaces and large open areas
Relatively good at navigating / mapping our home
Average on Carpet (but better than some other brands, just dont leave any iPhone cords or loose string items on the floor as they get caught up in the wheel).

Date PurchasedAug 2016
nothappyJan04

nothappyJan04MELBOURNE

Wheel motor melted !!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Marcus

MarcusSydney, NSW

Overall, Good as an automated vacuum, but questionable reliability (of our unit)

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Aweful

Performance and customer service is unacceptable!! Purchase a Roomba... they at least work as promised and half the the price!! I bought one on Craigslist for $250 that lasted me 12 years!!! And... I bought a second one for my friend to try!! She's loving her Roomba... and I'm hating my Samsung Powerbot!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
HMac1

HMac1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fabulous vacuuming power, terrible software interface

Date PurchasedApr 2017

John G.asked

Powerbot 9000 Series

I have a 9350. Got a new battery for it and now the display only shows 9000 on the screen. It does nothing else? I have tried another battery I have and it will display an 8900. ANy ideas? Some trick to make the new battery be recognized?

KathSamsung

Hey John. You may have to reconnect your POWERbot to your device via SmartThings. Are you able to disconnect your POWERbot and reconnect to see if this resolves?

Kath

John G.

No. It doesn't do a countdown or anything just shows 9000 and doesn't allow any input except when you hold down the home button on the remote. Can't put it in AP mode and it no longer shows as being connected to Smartthings.

AdaSamsung

If your POWERbot is unable to operate at all, would you be able to follow the troubleshooting tips in the link below, John?

User Manual > page 25 - 26

If you continue to experience difficulties with this, we recommend for you to head to one of our authorised service centres so this can be looked into.

You can find your nearest store via the link below:

Ada

Bryon M.asked

Powerbot 9000 Series

my vacuum motor continues to run while charging. I have to unplug it from the control board to charge and then plug the fan back into the control board after it is charged. then the vacuum works until next charging cycle. i haveto do it all again. i replaced the control board. still have same issue. please help.

MickSamsung

Thanks for reaching out to us, we’re really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far. We’d be more than happy to investigate further into this. You can contact us via Product Reviews private message system but our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Mick

AdaSamsung

Hi Bryon, would you be able to let us know whether your unit is automatically docking at the station or do you manually charge the vacuum?

We also recommend for you to check that your unit has been cleaned and maintained to see if this helps. To do so:

User Manual > page 20 - 21

Ada

Bryon M.

Yes it does automatically dock.
I have cleaned it.

Wendy A.

Wendy A.asked

Powerbot 9000 Series

My samsung powerbot 9350, bumped into the dog's water dish and ended up sucking up a little bit of water. Now it doesn't work. When I place it into the charging dock and push the forward arrow, the green battery light briefly lights up, but that is it. It won't charge. Does anyone have any suggestions?

MickSamsung

I’m sorry to hear about this Wendy, from the information provided it sounds like to would be best to have your unit assessed at an authorised Samsung Service centre. However, please not that charges may apply if the issue isn’t caused by a manufacturing fault.

You can follow the link below to locate your local authorised service centre.

Mick

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives