Samsung Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

Samsung Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U) Questions & Answers

MPN: 36115344

16 questions from our users

Trang C.asked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

I have lost the instruction book of Samsung Powebot VR9200. What can I do to get another one, please?

AdaSamsung

Hi Trang, you can find the user manual via the link below.

Trang C.asked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

How to program and set the time for a Samsung Powerbot VR9200?

AdaSamsung

Hi Trang, you can set a schedule and time for your POWERbot through the steps in the link below.

User Manual (page 19)

Trang C.

Thank you for your answer. I have succeeded in setting the time. However, can you tell me how to stop the POWERbot from starting again as soon as it has fully charged itself? And also, when "hitting" the Home button to stop it setting off again, the screen says FULL. If I leave it till the scheduled morning task, it doesn't start at the scheduled time.

If, the evening before, I click the schedule button and confirm the morning task again, then it does start the scheduled morning task.

I'm sure there is a way to schedule a daily task without having to go through the morning schedule every day, and also having to stop it setting off on a non-scheduled time as soon as it is fully charged.
The manual doesn’t explain anything about these things.

Regards

T. Chau

AdaSamsung

If the POWERbot returns to the docking station before completing the cleaning process, generally it would be due to the battery running low. Once the POWERbot has been sufficiently charged, it will resume where it had finished.

For more info:

If you are continuing to experience troubles with setting your POWERbot up, we recommend for you to reach out to our Customer Care team on 1300 362 603 for further technical assistance.

ja jaasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

I've had a Powerbot 9250 since Nov 2016, has not had a lot of use, but despite that has been serviced twice in that time for 2 different faults. Now it is throwing C03 errors and the right drive wheel does indeed seem stiff compared to the left. But no blockage, nothing to clear. Probably a seized motor. Now the product is outside the nominal 2 year warranty. My question is: given its troubled history and how common the drive wheel fault is, will Samsung repair this product free of charge?

AdaSamsung

The C 03 error code indicates that there is foreign matter caught in the right Driving wheel. It is recommended for you to turn off the emergency switch and remove the foreign matter from the driving wheel.

For more info (page 30) > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201507/20150720104101652/00._DJ68-00732B.pdf

ja ja

Yes, I did read the manual, and did follow the instructions.
As stated previously: No blockage, nothing to clear.

AdaSamsung

If you are continuing to experience troubles with your POWERbot, it would be best for you to visit your nearest authorised service centre for further assistance.

Locate your nearest authorised service centre:

Sahar K.

Sahar K.asked

How does it work
Were to put spare parts?

AdaSamsung

Hi Sahar, the POWERbot VR9200 picks up dust and dirt on multi-surface including carpet, hardwood, and tiles etc. with high suction generated from a powerful motor. I have provided a link below with further information.

If you would like to replace spare parts, we would be happy to guide you in the right direction by contacting our Customer Care team on 1300 362 603.

For more info > https://www.samsung.com/au/vacuum-cleaners/robot-sr20j9250u/

KimR

KimRasked

Hi,
I have the Samsung 9000 series (SR20J9250U) and for the past 2 months it will turn itself off when vacuuming and also when charging. I have to reboot it but sometimes will not turn back on for hours. I had it on charge the other night and did not charge at all. I cannot use it and have to use my Dyson. Will this be covered under warranty?

PhilSamsung

Hi there Kim, it sounds like you may have a fault with your Powerbot. I suggest you head into your nearest Samsung service centre with the Powerbot and get one of our technicians to assess your unit. Here are a few links which can help you get to where you need to go:

Store locator: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Studio bookings: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/#/

Self Service AusPost: http://samsungcare2.samsungcsportal.com:81/samsungcare/au/index_m

Customer care line: 1300 362 603

Philip
Samsung Australia

treble2015

treble2015asked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

Hey, i have the Samsung Powerbot VR9200 VR20J9250UK/SA - i put it on the base and it says "FULL" but then once i click the start button for it to clean it will dismount off the charging station, turn around and then turn itself off and the screen goes black - i then have to turn the emergency switch off underneath the unit and back on and the screen will come back on and do its count down from 5 then go back to the normal screen, once i click start again it does the same and will not work. I have tried cleaning all sensors best i can but due to the fact it doesn't come up with a sensor error message i gather its losing signal or battery. After charging battery for hours i removed and tested with a multi meter and was reading 23.2V and the battery is a 21.6V so i gather the battery is good condition and holding charge.. is there any other tips or things to try? Thanks in advance for your help

Susan M
Susan M

I'm having the exact same issue. Did you get any answers?

Crabbs C
Crabbs C

Same here! I am about to return it.

Lyn

Lynasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

Where can I download the user manual please?

Becky S

Becky Sasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

My robot won’t work at all. It is fully charged and only has two lights on- the mute and the problem sign. Have cleaned it al etc, new batteries in remote and still not working. Hardly used it. Any ideas?

disappointed
disappointed

I have no idea why it will not work. You will have to take it back to the store you bought it from or ring the manufacturer and see what they say.

Jen

Jenasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

I am trying to get my VR9000 to spot clean. Only does a small area, not the 1.5mtres as advertised. Any suggestions

CT Lim
CT Lim

I think the 1.5m is diameter. So it's really a small spot. We could use the pointer for designated area if spot clean can't cover that far.

Shala

Shalaasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

I read that in auto mode it will clean until the battery is depleted, but we took ours upstairs away from its dock, and after vacuuming 3 of the 4 rooms it said "end" on the display and stopped. Is this normal?

techguyaus
techguyaus

Well its hard to say without seeing it doing it. But my suggestion would be if you move different level in your house make sure you take the charging dock as well and start from the charging dock. It will make sure that if the charge is running low it will go back to dock and get charged. It will solve the confusion :)

Ozzy2500
Ozzy2500

I think it is the setting MAX is where its cleans until it have depleated it's battery ?

MeliMasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

We have just purchased this item which was a demo model being used in store.
Just wondering if we need to do anything to "re map" our house or will it automatically notice things have changed?

Ahmed
Ahmed

It should automatically map the house. Just ensure you set the home base(charging unit) as per instructions.

hotkiwi
hotkiwi

Don't think too much of the mapping, it is not a GPS guided device. It has a camera that will look at the ceiling for guiding. If I am not mistaken, the manual talks about how to reset the mapping, but anyway it learns to adapt to new circumstances. You may not always have c hairs in the same place, so it will walk around that and not do that the next time. When we had a bedroom open, it learned the new room, but if the door is open, he is happy too.

Thank you.
So far it will only clean the same 2 areas and has not ventured down one end of our house at all.
I will try to direct it down that way with the pointer to see if that makes any difference in its cleaning process.

Raymond Barlow

Raymond Barlowasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

I have 2 levels in my house. Is there any problem manually moving the VR9200 to the other level and setting it off to work there?

Gabber
Gabber

We have a split level household. I find the best way to do both levels is to set it off around one and then once it returns to the dock pick it up and take it down the stairs to do the second level. It does seem to get confused if you move it during it's cycle and will try to start the whole thing again.

bungeecorkasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

If you pick it up and move it around, does that destroy its "learned" map of your home?

maungshay

I have found only if you press "stop" on the remote. Pressing "pause" doesn't seem to hamper it's progress at all. I hope this helps.

bungeecork

Does that mean that everything it learns is relearned the next time it vacuums?

Yes, I believe so.

Kareena Gasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

Why can't I get my new VR9200 Powerbot to start charging? Have read the manual, done everything it says but including switching the emergency switch underneath to on but nothing happens.

New Home Owner.

I never had this problem, I just turned the base station on, turned powerbot on underneath and on top, and placed it on the charging dock.

Kareena G

It finally worked. It took much longer than I thought for the display lights on the machine to show that something was happening. All good now

ropate

ropateasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

In your opinion, does this do corners well without the corner sweepers of other brands?

maungshay

I've had brands with the corner sweepers which are a waste of time. The Powerbot negates the need for these with wider than standard brushes as well as much better suction. Also being that it is square at the front helps with this a lot. Hope that helps?

New Home Owner.

Samsung powerBot is an actual robot vac, unlike others, which are just sweepers..
powerBot doesn't need a sweeper, as it's suction is much more powerful.

Razza83
Razza83

I agree..the reason I chose this model is the square design snuggles right into the corners and the suction does the rest. My first robovac, was not what the name implies, it was actually just a sweeper, used to leave bits of fluff around the house and the sweepers became damaged on the carpet quite quickly. Because the Samsung is literally a vacuum anything near by gets sucked up. You will be amazed at just how much dust it picks up on its first trip around the house. Happy cleaning, or should I say Relaxing :)

Busy Mum73

Busy Mum73asked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

Does it empty itself like the previous Samsung model or do you need to empty it?

Geoff 57
Geoff 57

G'day Busy Mum!
No, this one doesn't empty itself. I have seen the ones you're talking about and I love the idea. But you still have to empty the large container, regularly, that it empties itself into. I believe the other difference between these two vacuums is that this one provides quite strong suction whereas all the others (that I looked at, anyway) have fairly weak suction and a really more of a sweeper, with a little suction, rather than genuine vacuum cleaners. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sell you one; just letting you know what I found out during my research. All the best. (P.S. I just saw some typos in this but haven't been able to correct them. Getting old......)

TaraS
TaraS

As above... yep it doesn't empty itself. I do find though it can do my whole house on one run without needing to be emptied... that includes 2 carpeted rooms and 2 permanently inside dogs so a heap of dog hair. Geoff57 is right... all the others have 'sweepers' whereas the new Samsung one (not sure about the previous model that has the white bits on it - this new one is all black and has wifi) has suction as well...so it does a pretty good job on carpet whereas my previous roomba was useless on carpet with dog hair.

See all Samsung Powerbot 9000 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives