Samsung Powerbot 9000 Series

Samsung Powerbot 9000 Series Questions & Answers

VR9000 (SR20H9050U), VR9200 (SR20J9250U) and VR9300 (SR20K9350WK)

72 questions from our users

Teo W.

Teo W.asked

Powerbot 9000 Series

My Powerbot have mute and triangle symbol luminate , It not do anything , anyone know why ?

Penny m

Penny masked

Powerbot 9000 Series

My unit has started making a loud vibrating noise but its still cleaning. Ive checked the there is not hair blocking the unit and that its clean

Yosen Y.

Yosen Y.asked

Powerbot VR9300 (SR20K9350WK)

can the firmware be upgraded? if yes, how to do it?

Jan C.

Jan C.asked

Powerbot 9000 Series

hello, thanks for the manual to open the vacuum cleaner,
the problem is that the vacuumcleaner works but after 10 sec the vacuum motor stops , and the robot still drives like normal.
battery full capacity,
i open the vacuumcleaner like the discription, and i see that there was water in the vacuum motor, so with dry air i blow all the water away, assembly everything , but the problem stay.
the vacuum motor turns normal, i hear nothing special.
so maybe the electronics on the vacuum motor that maybe damage?
maybe take to much ampera,

JoanneSamsung

Hi Jan, we're sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your POWERbot. We recommend taking your device to the nearest service centre so we can take a look at this for you.

You can find your nearest authorised service centre via the link below:

Remember, all visits require a booking - you can make yours via the link below:

Trottie

Trottieasked

Powerbot 9000 Series

Can you take the robot to clean just that room

JoanneSamsung

Hi Trottie, The POWERbot can move and clean automatically until it cleans entire space once. If you would like for it to stop cleaning, you are able to pause the unit. We have provided a link below to provide you with further information on the various cleaning modes and methods.

User Manual > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/VR20H9050UW/SA/

Trottie

Trottieasked

Powerbot 9000 Series

Can I move the appliance to clean a certain room?

User Manual > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/VR20H9050UW/SA/

Sahar K.

Sahar K.asked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

How does it work
Were to put spare parts?

JoanneSamsung

Hi Sahar, the POWERbot VR9200 picks up dust and dirt on multi-surface including carpet, hardwood, and tiles etc. with high suction generated from a powerful motor. I have provided a link below with further information.

If you would like to replace spare parts, we would be happy to guide you in the right direction by contacting our Customer Care team on 1300 362 603.

For more info > https://www.samsung.com/au/vacuum-cleaners/robot-sr20j9250u/

anne castle

anne castleasked

Powerbot VR9300 (SR20K9350WK)

Why is my powerbot cleaner only working for about 30 mins then says battery lo , it can't find it's way to charge station, it's hasn't been moved, had this about 18 months now, also it never cleans to edges

Tony

I have a similar issue and mine is only about 6 months old .

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Anne, this sounds like something our Support Team can assist you with. We recommend for you to contact 1300 362 603 so that we can look into this for you.

Tonyasked

Powerbot 9000 Series

Hi , can I create 2 maps of my house eg front part of the house , then do a back part of the house . I’ve tried a few times to map my entire house but the battery never goes the full length and as such it doesn’t map anything . Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

JoanneSamsung

Hi Tony, you should be able to map different sections/areas of your house. When your POWERbot runs out of battery, it should return to its dock to recharge and then continue mapping the house at where it was.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Dman20002000

Dman20002000asked

Powerbot VR9000 (SR20H9050U)

Question was asked last year with no replies by someone else.
Powerbot is displaying mute and error triangle. Will not start. Tried turning off and on the master switch and powerbot displays these 2 icons while system check is performed.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have even pulled the battery ,and let sit overnight to see if that worked with no positive results.

PhilSamsung

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. This will be best to get looked at by our technicians at your nearest service centre. Please follow this link in to locate your nearest Samsung approved service centre: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Justinasked

Powerbot VR9000 (SR20H9050U)

I have a powerbot 9050 that will only run for about 7 minutes before it returns to the charging base. It still has full battery, an empty bin, and no error codes. I have moved the base twice, tried restarting it doesn’t help. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or maybe factory reset the device?

PhilSamsung

Hi Justin, a basic factor reset may do the trick, however if symptoms persist, I suggest taking the unit to a service centre so that our techs can assess the unit.

Justin

How do I Factory reset it?

Deirdre

Deirdreasked

Powerbot VR9300 (SR20K9350WK)

I have had my powerbot for about 4 months (SR2AK9350WK)
Last night it simply lost all suction, so it is riding around but not working. Also, when it starts it makes a sort of grinding noise. I have cleaned everything that it is possible to clean, and it is fully charged. Help?!

PhilSamsung

Hi there, it sounds like there may be an issue with your PowerBot that needs to be looked at by a technician. Please follow the link provided so that you can locate your nearest service centre for a visit, and our friendly techs can assist you further!

KimR

KimRasked

Powerbot VR9200 (SR20J9250U)

Hi,
I have the Samsung 9000 series (SR20J9250U) and for the past 2 months it will turn itself off when vacuuming and also when charging. I have to reboot it but sometimes will not turn back on for hours. I had it on charge the other night and did not charge at all. I cannot use it and have to use my Dyson. Will this be covered under warranty?

PhilSamsung

Hi there Kim, it sounds like you may have a fault with your Powerbot. I suggest you head into your nearest Samsung service centre with the Powerbot and get one of our technicians to assess your unit. Here are a few links which can help you get to where you need to go:

Store locator: https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

Studio bookings: https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/bookings/#/

Self Service AusPost: http://samsungcare2.samsungcsportal.com:81/samsungcare/au/index_m

Customer care line: 1300 362 603

Lane

Laneasked

Powerbot 9000 Series

I've had our powerbot for about three years (SR2AK9350WK). It will charge when docked with the remote but when I press start it backs up off the dock about an inch and stop. If I manually try to press buttons nothing happens and if I use the remote to get it to re-dock nothing happens. Any ideas?

PhilSamsung

Hi there, sounds like your PowerBot may have a fault! It's okay, our technicians can look into this for you. Please visit your nearest service centre with the PowerBot for assistance.

Here is a link to find your nearest:

Bookings

Colinasked

Powerbot 9000 Series

I have changed the location of the docking station but the Powerbot only goes back to the old location.
Any tips?

PhilSamsung

Hi there, you can either go into the Smart Things app, and reconnect the device, if this method does not work, we can get our L2 techs to contact you to run troubleshooting for the unit. You can either reach out to us via Facebook, Twitter or email us on reviews@samsung.com

Phil

Colin

Thank you it fixed itself. no more problem.
It's works great., I love it

Matthew V

Matthew Vasked

Powerbot 9000 Series

Anyone have an issue with their vacuum not being able to vacuum an area rug? I have owned this vacuum for about a year. I have never had an issue with it transitioning from carpet to tile or hardwood. I bought an area rug and now it won't go over it. I either wanted $300 on this rug or $700 on the vacuum. Anyone have any ideas?

PhilSamsung

Depending on thick the rug material is, the Powerbot is generally designed to go over floor surfaces such as carpet, tile or timberfloors, unfortunately as rugs are an external surface, the Powerbot may struggle, especially if the rug has a thick surface on top. It would be recommended that you manually clean the rug surface.

Lee G

Lee Gasked

Powerbot VR9000 (SR20H9050U)

I have a 9000 series cyclone and all of the sudden after 11 months when you press button to clean it backs up a half inch and stops and acts as if battery is dead I have to reboot vacuum to get it to charge but it will not vacuum. Any ideas?

Samsung AUSamsung

That's strange, Lee. Have you had the chance to get this checked out by a technician? If you send us a message on Facebook/Twitter with your suburb and postcode, I will be able to locate your nearest service centre for you, alternatively you can contact our support line on > 1300 362 603

Sara

Balders99
Balders99

Hi Lee,
I'm having a similar issue after 2 years of faultless operation. No actual error code, just backs up, wiggles around a bit and the exclamation symbol lights up.
No resoloution with reset and full clean.

Was your issue solved?

Thanks in advance,
Rachel

Linda L

Linda Lasked

Powerbot 9000 Series

My Samsung robot SR2AJ9040W brush does not spin. Brush is clean and nothing stuck on it vacuum runs has suction but brush does not turn. Any ideas?

Samsung AUSamsung

That doesn't seem right Linda, let's get this looked at by one of our authorised technicians. If you click on the below link you can locate your nearest service centre, they will be able to try some troubleshooting steps with you first hand and have this resolved in no time.

> https://www.samsung.com/au/support/service-centre/

We do hope this is resolved for you very soon.

Jazz

Melissa

Melissaasked

Powerbot 9000 Series

Our powerbot was great for the first 2 months! We've had over a year now. Can hardly stand using it cause it is noisy! We've cleaned everything and it sounds sick! I want some help and feedback! Any ideas?

Joshua C

Joshua Casked

Powerbot 9000 Series

I have a 9020...it's been acting erratically, like it thinks everything is a ledge it might drive off. I was wondering if there was any way to replace the cliff sensors?

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives