Samsung Series 6 Q6 QLED

Amazing picture quality and suits our space very well

The picture quality was a standout when comparing against other models on the shopfloor. We went with the series 6 because the 7 had just been released so the series 6 was discounted and provided excellent value, and was still a leading TV. Overall I'm very happy with the size, quality and audio. The voice controlled remote control is a nice touch too as you don't have to scroll as much using the remote. It look a while to get used to the new, slimline remote but now I wouldn't be able to go back to a bulky remote. It's very classy and highly recommend.

Purchased in February 2019 at VideoPro for $1,195.00.

Perfect Family entertainer

The unit has great software and picture and sound quality is perfect. Slight improvement need in remote, rolling mouse like in remote would be perfect. Overall very satisfied and all our family enjoying it's smart features and quality. Thanks Samsung

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store.

ABSOLUTELY GREAT IMAGES

This tv is the best one I’ve ever had. The image quality is really crystal clear and especially for 4K movies. It is priced reasonably and I got an additional 10% off!

Purchased in May 2018.

Perfect TV for the price

This TV has been getting a lot of price reduction and makes it so worthed to buy.

The quality is very good, even the remote.

Have been using it for more than a month and very satisfied with the product.

Purchased in December 2018.

Sound Quality

Vertical banding issues during sport and fast panning shots.

I got this TV in mid January as an upgrade from a TCL mainly to watch sport.

Unfortunately this tv suffers from terrible vertical banding and blurring around a moving ball. The display model in store whilst playing soccer did not have this issue, hence why I went with this particular model.

After lodging a claim with Samsung a tech came out and just said vertical banding is normal in LED tv’s. Another tech came out and agreed the banding was evident and he would push for a replacement. Unfortunately this was not noted on the repair report.

Samsung denied my claim for a swap over; even though the claim was made under 30 days from purchase and now I am stuck with a TV that is not fit for purpose. I really thought the process would be simple since Samsung are a huge company and would stand behind their quality and service.

Watching sport on the tv is distracting and not enjoyable; I expected a lot better quality of panel for the price tag.

If you watch a lot of sport think twice about purchasing the Q6.

Purchased in January 2019 at Betta Home Living.

Sound Quality
Hi there, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, when its most convenient for you can you please send that through? Anna Samsung Australia

amazing

This tv is everything i was looking for! amazing display, very fast and the apps were very easy to navigate. i was never one to be able to use technology but this was very easy to learn. i would recommend this tv to everyone. i think i have been converted to samsung tv's forever.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

This is perfect TV.

Bought it few months ago and doing wonderful job. Great TV. I would recommend others to buy it and never regret as this TV is worth it money wise with amazing features. I like the way it looks, picture Quality is great and performance is wonderful, and Remote is so cool. Only thing that people might be disappointed is TV to Mobile mirroring is bit slow, otherwise no complaints.

Not As Great As Hoped!

After reading all the 'Glowing Reviews' I decided to plunge and buy this TV.. It is good !..BUT.... The blacks are not perfect..even QLED picture shows slightly grey at times - but the biggest issue is ..unless you all sit within a few degrees -- ie directly in front of the TV otherwise that good picture lookslike someone has sprayed the screen with something...frankly it is atrocious off-axis viewing..if this is important to you...perhaps you have an L shaped sitting area...then someones viewing is going to suffer...my advice then is save up and pay the extra for an OLED Tv.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Had the TV for a few weeks now...and Ive noticed when watching Sports with this TV - namely cricket rugby soccer..vertical bands which are visible in the green of the pitch and appear darker to the rest of the picture. Wondered if any other owners have this. I will be contacting Samsung to see what they say. If any Samsung Reps here know what this is..please do comment, ty.

Perfect condition

Hi everyone
This tv condition superb , if you want to connect your mobile phone , laptop or any other thing this Samsung brand is the best out of any other products you have ever seen so I highly recommend this for everyone and would like to thank to Samsung

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great picture quality, with a few small downsides

I bought this tv when there was a sale on ebay. It has excellent picture quality, the smart functionality works just fine, and it was a breeze to set up.

I watch a lot of sports on free-to-air tv, and the picture quality here is only "so-so". Not a fault of the tv, but for anything less than 1080p full HD resolution, the picture quality at close range is limited, probably due to poor source resolution. At 1080p and 4k, the picture is superb.

A few downsides: as most people probably know, this doesn't have an audio jack for headphones. From what I can gather, most new tv's these days don't have a headphone jack, so be aware. I was able to get a DAC (digital to audio converter) from amazon that connects to this tv's digital audio out so I can use headphones at night when needed.

The only other downside is that the sound quality is just ok, not great. I wouldn't say it is bad by any means, but it took a lot of tweaking of the EQ in settings to improve it, as it was very bass heavy when set to flat.

To summarize, this is an excellent tv with excellent picture quality! Now we just have to hope that more and more providers and tv networks start offering 4k resolution.

Update: The sound has improved after a day or so of heavy use. It might be the case that the speakers needed a bit of burn in (i.e use) before coming good. At the start of the day, the sound was not clear, but it is much improved now.

Picture perfect

I got a great deal on this on black Friday from Good Guys. Bought this because the old Kogan tv was dying. Albeit the Kogan picture quality was nothing amazing, the picture quality of the Samsung was amazing. Having upgraded the Netflix to 4k was the perfect match. You get to appreciate the tv a lot more.
The limited buttons on the remote was easy to get use to, especially with voice recognition. Can imagine changing from channel 24 to 70 one by one.
The tv comes with default apps such as Netflix, Amazon prime (poor controls), youtube etc. Sound quality is again better than the kogan tv (yes low bar) we had, but can see it not meeting an audiophile's requirements.
Would have been nice with all the smarts for the TV to be able to integrate with google home. But that's not a deal breaker by far.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Shaz, great to hear that black Friday delivered you a great deal on our TV! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, you're awesome. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Amazing piece of kit

I went with the TV after doing weeks and weeks of home work i needed to update my samsung 55" 2010 model LED LCD tv that served me well and is still going!, i looked at OLED VS QLED, brightness levels, blackness detail, screen sizes, etc watching hours of youtube & lots of reading! Now i ended up snagging a bargain at JB HIFI and jumped at it for $3.5k(10/11/18) it was not even a $100 more than the Samsung MU8000 (the model before QLED)

I was against the entry level QLED because obviously compared to the Q7-Q9 its not as good but the price jump to a Q7 and beyond in a 75" is massive and could not be justified in my case! The Q6 is an impressive displace never the less, i dont have any issues with brightness levels or viewing angles that its criticised for, TV sits firmly on the stand, easy to unpack and setup, UI real easy to use, build quality is exceptional, it doesn't have a 1 connect box like the other QLED models with TV connections at the back of the display it's not a huge deal, the TV cables can be hidden through the stand leg.

If you're in the market for a 75" display for a reasonable price I would consider you take a look at the Q6

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Stefan, loving the title of your review here, an amazing piece of kit is definitely what we like to hear! Thank you for sharing this with us. - Vicky

Amazing quality

This TV was so easy to set up. Great image resolution, and I set the wireless up in minutes. The remote is super easy to use. I have found the colour to be brilliant. TV is slim and doesn't weigh a tonne. All the installed apps are very useful. I already have a Samsung TV I love and this one is even better.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Brilliant colours

This is a smart TV and has all the apps but don't know how to use all of them as I am not It Savy but slowly learning everything plugs into a additional box at the back of the TV . We are planing on purchasing blue tooth headphones soon to plug into this TV and we have several ports

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Stylish, easy to set up, great colour

Pro:
I ordered this from the samsung store on monday, arrived on Thursday, just installed it. loved the colour and slim profile. Very easy to connect, Very easy to set up to my PS3 as well. The app auto-tuned all the channels so its good. Sound projects backward but doesn't impact the room next door too much.
very light.

Con:
the remote control is a small black remote, and feels a bit fragile (the series 7 remote is more stylish). The netflix app is slower compared to the PS3 netflix.

there is 4 HDMI ports, and comes with samsung connector/adaptor for the AV/audio (the 3 coloured in wires...)

Based on my 2 day experience, very good so far.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Love it!

Installing and setup were user friendly. I have set it up via a set top box as I currently want the extra recording capacity, but with catch up tv so easy to access I may change this back out. I have learnt how to drive my first smart tv relatively easily. The small remote that has every feature of a large universal remote is straight forward to use. Great picture quality. Sound is okay, but i went to a sound bar and am enjoying the better sound quality it provides.

I have fetch tv & a small lounge rm was looking at a 55" - 58" & saw the 65" Samsung on tvsn. So my ? is would the 65" be to let 4 a all rm & does it connect to fetch? Thanks Mel
Hey Melissa, we recommend for you to contact your service provider for more information on the compatibility of your Fetch TV :) Jo Samsung AU

Pixelation on channel 10 in particular and loss of picture for 5 minutes at a time
Hi Ray, this may be caused by a weak TV signal. I recommend for you to make sure that the cables connecting your TV to your video sources e.g. outdoor antenna, cable TV jack, etc. are firmly connected. If you require further assistance with this, feel free to reach our Customer Care team on 1300 362 603. Jo Samsung AU

QA65Q6FNA why cant i get foxtel now app on this
Hi Daniel, unfortunately the Foxtel app is unavailable on this model. For more info > https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/support/how-it-works/devices/samsung.html Jo Samsung AU

Samsung Series 6 QA55Q6FNAWXXY (55")Samsung Series 6 QA65Q6FNAWXXY (65")Samsung Series 6 QA75Q6FNAWXXY (75")
Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) $2,299$3,499$5,299
Screen Size 55"65"75"
Screen TypeLED/LCD LED/LCD LED/LCD
Type of TVSmart TVSmart TVSmart TV
Energy Rating4.5 star(s)5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz
Number of HDMI Ports444
Number of USB Ports222
Wall MountableYesYesYes
Weight17.7 kg17.7 kg17.7 kg
Operating System Android TVAndroid TVAndroid TV
Dimensions (without stand) 710.7 x 1227.1 x 54.9 mm833.8 x 1446.3 x 54.9 mm964.1 x 1673.8 x 57.6 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 779.2 x 1227.1 x 247.7 mm909.4 x 1446.3 x 285.7 mm1048.3 x 1673.8 x 359.1 mm

Download manual