Samsung Series 7 RU7100
See the Best 4K Ultra HD TVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

• Picture Quality

Paul
Paul

Bad picture quality

Some serious black crushing makes this tv nearly unwatchable. There is seriously no shadow detail. It’s unacceptable that they have clearly done this to give the illusion of “better blacks”. Don’t believe me? Just watch the Witcher in 4k HDR.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,200.00.

Christine R.
Christine R.South East Queensland, QLD

Internet connection

Has been connected to the internet this past year and suddenly it won't, had to do a hard reset. It works well in all other aspects bought it from harvey norman jan 2020 first time its ever had this problem. I've attached a photo from the app you can use to control it also awesome ^_^ its in smart things if you've not found this yet also shows the serial code so you don't have to dig up paperwork or try to find if you've mounted it to the wall.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,500.00.

Dark Side

great tv but i turned it on today and it came up with a dark part of the right hand side of the screen is this an issue its only 2 yrs old

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,000.00.

PhilB
PhilBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very satisfied but . . . . . .

This is my second Samsung TV and I have always been happy with the sound, picture, apps, and build quality of both sets. I bought the RU7100 in December 2019 and recently bought a Sony Bluetooth WH-1000XM4 headset to pair to the TV. However, I have just discovered that Sony have said the headset is not compatible with Samsung TVs. This could be either a Samsung or Sony issue. Ouch! I guess I got burnt with this.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $798.00.

Waheeb Y.Sydney, NSW

Stay away, worse Samsung UHD TV RU7100

This was my third Samsung tv, the first two lasted 5 years. But unfortunately, this model (purchased dec2019) was so fragile that it did not last a year. My son simply threw his small notebook and the TV panel broke (sep2020). I have been searching to replace the panel and the cheapest service I found was 1250 AUD. Therefore I gave up on fixing it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,575.00.

Waheeb Y.

Thank you for the response, the quote 1250aud i gave in my review was from samsung approved service center.

Ronen
RonenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good TV

Bought it about a year ago when it was brand new model and loved it since then.

Not much to say apart from the fact it's has very good picture, the operating system is very easy and intuitive to use.
Being part of the Samsung ecosystem, means you have apps for most of the things you might need: Netflix, Disney, Plex, ABC, SBS etc.
The apps are working very smoothly and once installed - you'll never look back.

The whole family love it.

Purchased in May 2019.

Excellent tv

Good picture quality as with most Samsung TVs .Sound is good and bass is good so no need for a sound bar.Slim and stylish stand.I would highly recommend Samsung TVs as have tried other brands and don’t come close to Samsung.

Purchased in June 2018 for $399.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thank you for the 5 star review, Sienna! We're glad to hear you're happy with your purchase :) Let us know if there's anything we can help you with in the future!

Sara
Samsung AU

Shelly G.
Shelly G.Perth, WA

value for money tv

Happy with our smart tv especially all the choices of the apps. The only problem is, it keeps disconnecting from wifi. It is the only tv in the house that has this problem. The quality of the picture is great.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,420.00.

Sunny
SunnyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

TV is good but remote is not great

This TV comes with normal remote, I had another samsung TV MU7100 65inch and that TV comes with upgraded remote, few buttons and microphone to control TV with voice.

But TV's picture quality is good and 75inch looks massive

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,695.00.

Deo Balraj
Deo BalrajPerth, WA

75 inch Samsung TV

The Smart TV is easy to operate and to connect your surround sound and other devices. It is compatible to operate all devices with one remote. The wireless streaming from various apps is very fast and excellent picture quality. It is awesome to watch a movie on this size TV with good picture quality and sound.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $2,250.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Thank you for your review, Deo! I'm happy to hear your Samsung TV is treating you well :)

Sara
Samsung Australia

Karim A.
Karim A.Sydney, NSW

Decent

I bought the tv on the end of year sales and although it was on discount I still feel I paid a lot for an ok tv, the image and the frame rate in playing is not perfect but acceptable.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $878.00.

Hala
HalaSydney, NSW

Favourite purchase

My husband and I just got this delivered and we are so happy with the size, picture quality and sound. Perfect for his PlayStation addiction and our Netflix and chill!

Purchased in June 2020 at Samsung Online store for $1,800.00.

Danielle
DanielleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great for price

Excellent tv for the price we paid got this tv on sale at the good guys for $950 the quality is really good clear screen good sound only regret is wish we brought the 75inch as the 65 looks small in the large lounge room.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $950.00.

Qandeel H.
Qandeel H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Value for money TV

Great for all purposes, gaming, movies, connect a normal soundbar and that is pretty much what you need to enjoy your movies and games. etc Display needs to be tweaked a little but you can do that as per your liking.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Just a regular customer
Just a regular customerBrisbane

Great TV, when it finally connects to the internet.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $1,800.00.

PhilB
PhilBasked
Series 7 RU7100

I recently purchased a Sony WH-1000XM4 headset to pair to my Samsung 43RU7100 TV. However, since day 1 when using the headset there is an intermittent, frequent "stuttering" effect. I have raised a warranty case with both Samsung and Sony and the final result is that Sony say the headset is not compatible with Samsung TVs.

Can anyone here recommend a Bluetooth headset (upto $400.00) that is guaranteed to work on an RU7100 TV?

RichardMillandasked
Series 7 RU7100

I have been trying to setup timeshift on my samsung tv RU7100 record to usb. I was surprised and disappointed to find out it does not work on this model. I should have read the specs more closely. It difficult when you are comparing TV's and cheaper models include Timeshift, but you go with the more expensive Brandname only to find out it does not support Timeshift. Ouch!

RichardMilland

My TV loses the picture. Sound is OK. I have to remove the power cord and re-connect to get the picture back. My TV is 14 months old. What can I do?

Andrew P.
Andrew P.

Same here. I just bought a new smart TV (Samsung AU8000) and can't believe it does not support timeshift when I plug in my USB drive. My older, cheaper, dumber system had it and I now realise I use it incessantly.

karinaclemmensen
karinaclemmensenasked
Series 7 RU7100

Hi there. I want to download the Freeview App on my SAMSUNG - UA55RU7100WXXY tv but it is not listed?

Chelsea G.
Chelsea G.

I am having the same issue with my UA43RU7100WXXY

See all Samsung Series 7 RU7100 questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Series 7 RU7100

Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) $899.00$1,499.00$1,999.00$3,099.00
Screen Size 43"55"65"75"
Screen TypeLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCD
Type of TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TV
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)5 star(s)
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz100/120Hz
Number of HDMI Ports3333
Number of USB Ports2222
Wall MountableYesYesYesYes
Weight9.6 kg17.3 kg25 kg37 kg
Operating SystemAndroid TVAndroid TVAndroid TVAndroid TV
Dimensions (without stand) 563.2 x 970.2 x 58.2 mm714.2 x 1238.6 x 58.7 mm837.3 x 1457.5 x 59.1 mm966.4 x 1684.6 x 60.1 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 636.3 x 970.2 x 210.3 mm792.8 x 1238.6 x 261.3 mm917.3 x 1457.5 x 312.8 mm1056.5 x 1684.6 x 356.1 mm
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Compare all 5 Samsung Series 7 RU7100