Samsung Series 7 RU7100

Samsung Series 7 RU7100 Questions & Answers

UA75RU7100WXXY (75"), UA65RU7100WXXY (65"), UA55RU7100WXXY (55"), etc...
Listing monitored by Samsung

37 questions from our users

PhilB
PhilBasked
Series 7 RU7100

I recently purchased a Sony WH-1000XM4 headset to pair to my Samsung 43RU7100 TV. However, since day 1 when using the headset there is an intermittent, frequent "stuttering" effect. I have raised a warranty case with both Samsung and Sony and the final result is that Sony say the headset is not compatible with Samsung TVs.

Can anyone here recommend a Bluetooth headset (upto $400.00) that is guaranteed to work on an RU7100 TV?

RichardMillandasked
Series 7 RU7100

I have been trying to setup timeshift on my samsung tv RU7100 record to usb. I was surprised and disappointed to find out it does not work on this model. I should have read the specs more closely. It difficult when you are comparing TV's and cheaper models include Timeshift, but you go with the more expensive Brandname only to find out it does not support Timeshift. Ouch!

RichardMilland

My TV loses the picture. Sound is OK. I have to remove the power cord and re-connect to get the picture back. My TV is 14 months old. What can I do?

Andrew P.
Andrew P.

Same here. I just bought a new smart TV (Samsung AU8000) and can't believe it does not support timeshift when I plug in my USB drive. My older, cheaper, dumber system had it and I now realise I use it incessantly.

karinaclemmensen
karinaclemmensenasked
Series 7 RU7100

Hi there. I want to download the Freeview App on my SAMSUNG - UA55RU7100WXXY tv but it is not listed?

Chelsea G.
Chelsea G.

I am having the same issue with my UA43RU7100WXXY

Lornaasked

Can I record with a verbatim 128 usb

MickSamsung

Hey Lorna, this model doesn’t have the feature to record content natively.

Mick

Lorna

Very disappointing other cheaper tv do

KathSamsung

I'm really sorry your TV model does not meet your expectations, Lorna. I'll be sure to pass this on internally.

Kath

jasna sikoraasked
Series 7 RU7100

Was this TV a recalled item?

Shelly G.
Shelly G.

Not sure. If you find out it has can you let me know.

AdaSamsung

Hi Jasna, the RU7100 has not been recalled. We recommend for you to reach out to our authorised Australia retailers if you wish to enquire of purchasing this.

jasna sikora

Thank you, I did. Just wanted to be sure, its only 1 year since we got it and it's just stop working. Pretty sad, and not a good time to happen.....I thought that Samsung was a realaliable product, and not to have problems after only 12 months
Jasna

Michael L.
Michael L.asked
UA65RU7100WXXY (65")

Does this model support Bluetooth game controllers? I just installed the Steam Link app and want to use my Xbox One bluetooth controller with it. The option to add the controller is missing from the Input Device Manager menu.

MickSamsung

Hey Michael, this TV can’t be controlled with Bluetooth interface devices but we will be passing your feedback on internally to help improve our products and services.

Mick
Samsung Australia

Brob
Brobasked
Series 7 RU7100

How do I connect a bluetooth keyboard to the RU7100? A previous question said to pair the device through Settings -> General -> External Device Manager -> Input Device Manager -> Bluetooth Device List. But there is no "Bluetooth Device List" option on the Input Device Manager screen. (Screenshot at https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/634407265969111050/702839474169839687/IMG_20200423_135514.jpg )

AdaSamsung

Hi Brob, would you be able to send us a message to the link below so we can further look into this?

messenger.com/t/samsungaustralia

CrispyM
CrispyMasked
Series 7 RU7100

I just bought this tv in the 65 inch version. I have plugged in a hard drive, but when I try and pause live tv it say not available. Does this function not work on this tv?

AdaSamsung

Hi, would you be able to follow the steps in the link below to see if this helps?

Morocho
Morochoasked
UA65RU7100WXXY (65")

I bought this TV in January. I have called Samsung several times because I'm not getting the proper colors. When watching Netflix or Disney plus is awful.

My old Samsung TV was much better... Can this be exchanged for a better TV (Willing to pay the difference). Thanks

Khalid Z.
Khalid Z.asked
Series 7 RU7100

Can i connect Bluetooth wireless keyboard with 65 inch ru 7100?

AdaSamsung

Hi Khalid, you can connect a bluetooth keyboard to your RU7100 via the steps in the link below.

E-manual > page 45

Chris H.
Chris H.asked
UA75RU7100WXXY (75")

Hi can it chrome cast? No salesman can seem to answer that question

AdaSamsung

Hi Chris, the RU7100 does not have a built in Chromecast.

For more info:

Christina Hubert
Christina Hubertasked
Series 7 RU7100

How can I make an payment.. thanks

AdaSamsung

Hi Christina, would you be able to provide us with more information on what payment you trying to make?

Ianasked
UA75RU7100WXXY (75")

The TV functions as it should except for always making creaking noises when images change on the screen. The creaks are physical noises not electronic noises, sounds more like expansion and contraction creaks due to temperature changes. When I turn the TV off it continues making these noises until the whole TV has cooled to ambient temperature.
If I come into the room at 4am, there is no noise at all as the set has been off for 6 hours but the moment it is turned on, the creaks and groans start again as random images change or channels are changed. We have a Samsung UA75MU6100WXXY purchased 16 months earlier and it is absolutely silent all the time.
Can you provide a reason for these noises?

Ian K
mid north coast NSW

AdaSamsung

Hi Ian, we'd like to look into this. Would you be able to send us a message the link below with a video of this?

Hi Ada

I'm not on facebook, and won't be signing up to facebook to respond to you.
I have tried numerous times to speak to someone on 1300 362 603 but the phone drops out to an engaged signal after a minute or so of listening to a recorded message............... every time.
I'm becoming frustrated by my lack of success at trying to speak to a human at SAMSUNG!!!!!!

AdaSamsung

We've sent a message to your inbox instead, Ian. Please keep an eye on your notifications.

Lorraine
Lorraineasked
Series 7 RU7100

Bought Samsung 50inch UA50RU7 100w. How do I record tv programs?

AdaSamsung

Hi Lorraine, the UA50RU7100WXXY does not have an extended PVR.

Specs >

JAI
JAIasked
Series 7 RU7100

Hi can I connect my soundbar via Bluetooth to this TV?

Mel
Melasked
UA55RU7100WXXY (55")

Delivered to me yesterday. Can I record on this . If not can I return it and have it replaced with a model that can record?

AdaSamsung

Hi Mel, the UA55RU7100WXXY does not have an in-built PVR.

For more info:

If you have had a change of mind, your unit is unopened and you had purchased your unit from our e-store, please follow the link below so we can look into this.

Ga E.
Ga E.asked
Series 7 RU7100

can i have a list of audio and video format ru7100 support?

AdaSamsung

Hi Ga, you can find supported audio and video codecs via the link below.

E-Manual (page 151-154)

Ray
Rayasked
UA55RU7100WXXY (55")

Is this TV able to do Bluetooth connected gamepads

AdaSamsung

Hi Ray, there is no Bluetooth HID built-in on the RU 7100. Hence, you are unable to connect gamepads via Bluetooth. However, the model does have USB HID support.

Specs >

Joshua P.asked
Series 7 RU7100

Does this tv support Kayo?

cavv
cavv

Yes get the app from the samsung market place on the tv

Joshua P.

Would you say it works well with it?

Mumsiejac
Mumsiejac

Any Samsung TV model 2018 and above will support Kayo. I can't tell you what it is like as do have it.

Amit T.
Amit T.asked
Series 7 RU7100

I am not able to find Freeview FV app on the TV. Where can I find it ?

AdaSamsung

HI Amit, you can locate and install the apps available on the Smart Hub via the steps below.

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Series 7 RU7100