Samsung Series 8 Q80R

4K Ultra HD TVs Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of 4k ultra hd tv would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Picture Quality
  • Software
  • Sound Quality

Kevin MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Aqua rum leap in technology

Outstanding picture and sound. More vibrant colours. A significant increase in viewing pleasure. Viewing is excellent from any direction and the ‘recovery rate’ is super quick - great for watching live sport or old movies.

Rod

RodQueensland

Well made product

The tv is phenomenal, excellent apps and the tv clarity is superb. It's great watching 4k and UHD movies and tv. Watching the footy and every other sport is excellent.

Purchased in July 2018 at Jb hifi earlville for $2,560.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality
Lynette

Lynette

Great picture

Great use of apps, good single cord leaving tv which is great for kids, food picture and sound, easy remote, has suited us so very little to complain about. Wonderful

Samsung
AdaSamsung

Peter

Peterasked

I had my heart set on the Panasonic 55" GZ1000 but Panasonic is no longer bringing it in to Australia. My current Sony 46" is still working well but I like to be abreast about what is available if I have to make a quick decision. I like Samsung products but is QLED as good as OLED? I am not keen on the LG brand and the Sony OLED has a clunky OS.

Kevin M

Go with the Samsung - you will not be disappointed. Your synopsis of the other brands is spot on. I would suggest you go to a major retailer and compare the Samsung with other brands - you will see the difference not only in colour and depth, but also simplicity of set up and ease of operation.

Samsung
AdaSamsung

Hi Peter, we definitely recommend the Samsung Series 8 Q80R! Our QLED TV's Quantum Dot technology delivers consistently bright and vivid images so you see stunning picture quality. We have provided a link below with further information.

Ada
Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Download manual