Samsung Series 9 MU9000

4K Ultra HD TVs Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of 4k ultra hd tv would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.3

Mia

Mia

My Husband and I love it

Perfect quality and just the right size for our apartment. No problems with it after having just 8 months now. It is also great that you can control your TV from your smart phone as well, great HD quality and excellent standard sound (although we did end buying a surround system as well which is fantastic).

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
    noel j

noel jSydney

My home is now a cinema

Extremely satisfied with the operating system ( smart tv ). The tv has the best features, controls. It’s performance is amazing when the features are applied..I’ve connected soundbar and sound sound via Bluetooth wow it’s sensational and the sound with blow you away.unit has plenty of ports for hdmi cables etc. highly recommend this tv

Date PurchasedJul 2018
    Amanda

AmandaMelbourne

Hard to watch Tv on anything else now!

First off the operating system and apps are a dream to navigate on this model. The voice commands are much easier to use also as this model picks up weds from my 2 year old.
    Wireless connecting is also a breeze.
    The televisions performance and picture quality are on par both excellent!
    Would have given 10 stars if I could have.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Not bad

The TV is good, with all functions available, unfortunately internet browser not working well, the new update make it impossible to fullscreen in major website.
    The apps, out of date, not much choices from Samsung.
    The picture very good, although still below LG OLED.
    The speaker not bad, although will be better with external one.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
    Nick

NickGlendalough

This is perfect

This is the best tv I bought in my life. It is huge, 65 inch for my living area. I like clearity of this tv, I bought it but they will deliver it on my new house. They are not going to charge me delivery price and free installation. Thank you very much.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Meldrew

MeldrewYea

A pleasure to view

I checked out dozens of reviews and shopped around to try and work out what would be best for me. I wanted a large TV but not one that overwhelmed the room. The size suited me. Picture quality is excellent. The remote is user friendly once you get used to it. connectivity is reasonably easy.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
    Ledia

Ledia

perfect TV for the movie room

the picture quality is great, although you need to watch high quality 4k or blueray movies to be able to enjoy this feature. the speakers are good but if you prefer that cinema quality you will need external speakers. the external box with HDMI ports is quite useful and provides you with enough external ports.

Bryan P

Bryan PPreston

Decent TV, good picture

This is my 3rd Samsung TV, and although its good, doesn't feel like a massive step forward on my other panels. If you have the budget there is more then likely better tvs out there. the remote is better and the sound is passable. Its not bad, its just not that good

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Excellent picture and easy to set up

The picture is crisp and clear with the hdr on full effect. The speaker are top notch and give an atmospheric sound. The tv come with the smart hub so using the ports is easier than ever with not having to reach behind the unit itself. The smart tv functions are great and simple to use

My Dream TV

This model displays great picture quality, vivid colours, deep blacks and good refresh rate. 4K content looks superb, nice crisp detail in the picture quality. The built-in speakers are decent for the size of our living room, but I do still use a sound bar and sub for that extra bass for movies and music. This model utilitses the Samsung connection box which has more than plenty enough ports for HDMI, USB, optical and RCA. The TV came preinstalled with most of the popular apps today; Netflix, Stan, Spotify, Youtube, Plex, Foxtel Go and also has options to instal apps from Free-to-air channels such as 7Go, SBS on Demand. The operating system has not had any issues, navigating the user interface is very user-friendly and with minimal lag.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Khoa

KhoaMelbourne

Excellent Living Room Addition

This tv provides an extremely crisp picture and shines most when the HDR brings a 4k blu-ray to life like District 9, Inception or Narcos. It functions extremely well as a media machine for Youtube and other websites when used with a keyboard and even without a keyboard is a substantial improvement on older tv which don't use this model's motion remote. Also, it doesn't run of out of memory when surfing the net like my old LG.

Michael L

Michael LAU

Awesome 4K Samsung TV!

Purchased in December 2017 as this was on special on Bing Lee's eBay store. This is a 55" Smart TV with inbuilt apps, ethernet and wifi. For $1,100. You cannot go wrong with the quality and brand of Samsung! I've been using it daily with Netflix inbuilt and the quality is amazing.

Aaron

AaronGold Coast

Good for Master Room

We bought the 55inch curve Samsung Series 9 MU9000. Amazing technology with curve but doesn't add much to viewing experience. Flawless pictures but the sound system can be on the lower end. I had to buy a sound bar to make the package worthwhile. Depending on your preference, but I think that if you're buying curve, you'll need something bigger than 55 inch. The curve does make the TV look smaller.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    jakharau

jakharauMelbourne

Great price great TV

Bout the Smart TV from Harvey Norman for $1500, it has very good picture quality. The in built speakers are not so bad but could have been better. Enough HDMI ports for all your needs. The remote is pretty cool with voice control. The TV does well in minimising reflecting in lit up areas.

Kevin T

Kevin TAdelaide

Good size tv.

The TV has good quality pictures. It was quite easy to assemble as well. Does not get too warm when the tv is on for a long time. The only thing i don't quite like is the remote control. Its more modern with less controls but is harder to perform normal functions like changing channels as easily as it was when you had all the numbers on the pad.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Maha

MahaMelbourne

Great tv

Picture is great, color options are lovely, it's bright enough and sound is the not the best in class but when you add a home theater, it is great. I like the connection box and it was easy to set up. Smart hub is good enough and works well. I must say that like a previous reviewer I was expecting a better performance with sports. It's motion control is just average.

Ok tv

Good tv..unless.you go look it it compared to the samsung qled...which i did first..for.the ptice and quality the qled is a much better tv. So i will buy that. The mu9000 is nice but i have seen it as the same price as the qled which is.alot more bang for your buck

GethroMelbourne

Reasonable TV

Only had the Television 2 day so I am still finding the best settings. So far picture is ok, colour options are good, it's bright enough and sound is ok although connecting external sound is a better option. I like the connection box and it wa easy to set up. Smart hub is good enough and works well. I must say that like a previous reviewer I was expecting a better performance with sports. It's motion control is just average. I will keep playing with settings and will post again in a month or so. If I had my time again I would choose the Sony X900E. PS Havey Norman were great replacing a faulty unit straight away.

David C.

David C.Melbourne

Best TV

I can say that Samsung has always impressed me with the technology they use. I have always been a Samsung fan when it comes to television. They always deliver the best in the market. I am happy with my recent purchased of my new television and so far the best television. Me and my wife enjoyed watching a lot now

timmaaa

timmaaaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good but not perfect

Screen size is great, picture is beautiful, audio seems pretty good. My one gripe with this TV is that even though it has a 200hz refresh rate, it still has trouble keeping up with fast moving objects/scenes sometimes. All in all I love this TV though, it's very very good.