Samsung SRF583DLS

3.0

• Internal Layout

Barb S

Barb SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A lot of money for a fridge that doesn't work properly!

I have had this fridge/freezer for 3 years now and for the past year, it has continually leaked water into both crisper trays. I am mopping up excess water daily and cannot use the drawers for which they are designed. It is also very loud and clunks regularly. Since having this model I have done lots of research and it appears many people have experienced the same issues. Please recall this model. Of course this all started happening when the standard warranty expired!

Purchased in March 2017 at The Good Guys.

Diana

DianaSouth West, WA

Worst fridge I’ve ever purchased, Samsung need to step up and do a RECALL on this Model

This fridge continually leaks water in my crisper trays, I have now removed both and have a bath towel sitting in the bottom of my fridge to collect the excess water. Horrible noises, very loud. Should have stayed with Westinghouse brand as my old one is 22 yrs old and still going strong. All refrigeration mechanics I have contacted told me to throw it on the curb side as they are RUBBISH. Not happy SAMSUNG. Biggest lemon on the market. Please do a recall on this model, As I now have to buy another fridge because I can’t deal with mopping up the mess.

• +1

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$1,600.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)
ShaMeg R.

ShaMeg R.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst Fridge

We brought this Fridge 24/1/2020 at JB Hi-Fi Maroochydore QLD an have had nothing but problems with this item with crisper & top draw icing up an making horrible noises an its very clunky an have trouble shutting draws etc. Have waited a bit an thought it maybe just me but after reading these reviews i will be doing something about this as when you pay good dollars for something you expect that the product would not be this bad!!

Purchased in January 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,729.00.

French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Samsung SRF583DLS compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Ashley Y.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Disgraceful product

I purchased this fridge in Jan 2017. One 3 separate occasions the fridge has stopped cooling and I have lost all the food in the fridge and freezer. Have to unplugged the fridge for a period of time and turn it back on. Now the crisper is constantly filling with water.

I couldn't believe the comments on here regarding the same problem with water in the crisper yet Samsung seem to be ignoring this problem. I have seen the same issues on other review sights. Anyone who has written a positive review about this fridge will only have to wait and it will happen to their fridge.

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$1,488.00.

Ashley Y.

Sorry your link does not work.

Debbie

DebbieGippsland, VIC

Never again!

After purchasing this fridge we had water leaking into draw constantly. It was fixed about 5 times. I had a lengthy battle with Samsung and then they gave me a replacement fridge. I could have chosen any other fridge but I thought I would give them the benefit of doubt and chose Samsung again. BIG MISTAKE, Now 2 years on and with one repair guess what WATER in crisper draws again!
The only thing good about this fridge is the look of it.

Alecia

AleciaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dissatisfy & disspointed

Same issue freezer iced up under draws then left vegetable crisp draw filled with water.
This was fixed but the fridge always had disturbing noises.
Inter warranty still but I don’t want this fridge I would never buy Samsung again.

Purchased in October 2018 at Betta Home Living for A$1,999.00.

Peed OffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service from Samsungno instructions to say freezer takes 2 days to cool.

Freezer takes 2 days to work and no instructions. Samsung offer terrible service.Took 3 days for them to get back to me about the freezer. Lost all the food in the freezer ! Thanks Samsung.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys.

Shaina

ShainaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ridiculously common fault

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman.

KathSamsung

Shocking !!..never again !!

Like others ...it leaks water into the vegetable crisper ...I called and was advised to switch it off for a day , did that but result was unsatisfactory !!.
Finally fed up and will upgrade to a better brand !!....

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)

Glen B.Sydney, NSW

Leaks like the titanic

Would never buy a Samsung fridge again.. Constantly fills the vegetables container with water. Wish I had of done more research before buying .. finally had enough of pulling apart to defrost.. every 6 - 9 months . Off to the tip with this nightmare. Middle seal hinge also broken a couple of times and water dispenser lever..

Purchased in January 2015.

Glen B.

We have purchased a new fridge and they will be taking the Samsung away.

Samsung

Samsung is junk, excuse me not a good product.

Have had 2 refrigerators in less than 2 yrs and this second one they will do not his about??? Said I was out of luck because the warranty started on the first on even though the second one is 12 days old. No kidding blew my mind really if anyone buys a samsung I am here to tell you scouts honor please do yourself a favor and check with the guys that service them they will not even work on these refrigerators. Very sincerely a stupid customer that bought 2,(2700)samsung’s with the hub on them.

Ps Hope every on takes heed by the way big box stores have no service bad idea go to some who sells and service their own products

Purchased in December 2019.

Can’t get no satisfaction! After 2 refrigerators still don’t have that works

Samsung

Obviously samsung pays people to write these good reviews.

yperil

yperilSydney, NSW

Operated well for years. We are now getting cold water in the crispers just like other reviews here.

The fridge worked will for years. the freezer still works well.

Recently had a serviceman from Master Appliances call to check the fridge as it:
> leaked water into the vegetable crisper(s)
> would not cool below 16-20*C

Technician inspected and said that this was a known issue and that the resolution is to turn fridge off for a day. We did that and now have lost all visual display on the temperature settings panel.

Fridge is only a few years old. We certainly expected a longer trouble free experience.

Purchased in March 2015 at The Good Guys for A$2,000.00.

Felicity

FelicityPerth, WA

Never buy a samsung fridge again. Constantly leaks water

Purchased the Samsung fridge in June 2016. Over the past 5 months have constantly had water leaking into crispers and base of the fridge. Tried turning the fridge off for the day to see if that would fix the problem but no it didn't. Seals have become mouldy after only 6 months. Wish i had done more research before buying the fridge as i would never purchase one again. Now have to put up with vegetables going off after being soaked in water adding further expense to my budget. SAMSUNG any resolution to the problem free of charge?

Purchased in June 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,800.00.

Nick M.Sydney, NSW

Keeps leaking into fruit and vegetables draw an absolute nightmare

I’ve had this fridge for about 3.5 years. After about 2 years the fruit and vegetable draws would fill up with water and freeze and make the food go off. Had an authorised Samsung technician come out and “fix it” only for the same thing to occur a few months later.

Would never buy a Samsung fridge ever again

Purchased in May 2016 at Bing Lee for A$1,799.00.

Nick M.

I dont have Facebook messenger? I can send you the invoice from the repairs what is there best email? And please tell me what reference number you are referring to

qualityshopper

qualityshopperFar North Queensland, QLD

Sick of water leaking into crispers

I have had this fridge for nearly 7 years. It started leaking after about 18 months which seems to be the timeline for this problem to keep occuring. This will be the 4th time I have had it repaired at a cost of around $280 each repair.

MickSamsung

I love this product

This fridge/freezer is fantastic. I have had this product for around 18 months, it's big enough for a family of 4-6 people. I love the convenience of having ice cold water available whenever I need it and also the ice cubes and crushed ice. We have also noticed that our food definitely stays fresher longer than any other fridge we have had in the past.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,200.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

We love hearing this. Thanks for sharing, Linda!

Lisa

Linda M.

:) no problem Lisa only saying it as it is.

TiaUmina Beach

Mould and leaking water.

Purchased this fridge in 2016, 18 months later the seals around the door started getting mouldy. Solution was to not turn the E saver on. (Q. don't put the button on there then??) Now we have water leaking into the crispers. Apparently this is a "known" problem and it needs a new element (an element that has been upgraded) Lucky we had product care or there goes $2000 on a fridge.

Purchased in July 2016 at Domayne NSW.

Hi,
A Samsung technician was here today and has replaced the element. Fingers crossed it does the trick.

Ruchi

RuchiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Water leaking in the fruit and vegetable freezer

Bought this Samsung fridge only about one and half year ago And it leaks water into vegetable and fruit crispers freezers up every 3 days or so. will NEVER EVER buy Samsung again. The Samsung just says we won’t cover the repair even though this seems to be a product default. I also have only 3 people in my house and looked after well which obviously hasn’t helped.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

Definitely not worth the money

We bought this fridge in January 2017 and not long after it started leaking water into the vegetables drawers. We had a technician come in at the end of October last year, and just when we thought it's all fixed, we started having the same problem with it. On top of that, food was going off very quickly, as it wouldn't cool down properly. Now, the warranty has expired, and I'm afraid that this is going to cost me a fortune to get it fixed again and again. It is an ongoing problem, so what can I do?

Purchased in January 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for A$1,530.00.

Kathy Harris

Kathy HarrisSouth West, WA

Worse fridge I have ever bought

Bought this Samsung fridge a few years ago for $2000 leaks water into vegetable and fruit crispers freezers up every 4 weeks or so will NEVER EVER buy Samsung again

Purchased in February 2015 at JB Hifi Home for A$2,000.00.

MickSamsung