Samsung SRF583DLS

Samsung SRF583DLS

MPNs: RF67QESL1/XSA and SRF583DLS

Nick M.

Nick M.Sydney, NSW

Keeps leaking into fruit and vegetables draw an absolute nightmare

I’ve had this fridge for about 3.5 years. After about 2 years the fruit and vegetable draws would fill up with water and freeze and make the food go off. Had an authorised Samsung technician come out and “fix it” only for the same thing to occur a few months later.

Would never buy a Samsung fridge ever again

Purchased in May 2016 at Bing Lee for $1,799.00.

qualityshopper

qualityshopperFar North Queensland, QLD

Sick of water leaking into crispers

I have had this fridge for nearly 7 years. It started leaking after about 18 months which seems to be the timeline for this problem to keep occuring. This will be the 4th time I have had it repaired at a cost of around $280 each repair.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)
MickSamsung

I love this product

This fridge/freezer is fantastic. I have had this product for around 18 months, it's big enough for a family of 4-6 people. I love the convenience of having ice cold water available whenever I need it and also the ice cubes and crushed ice. We have also noticed that our food definitely stays fresher longer than any other fridge we have had in the past.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,200.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

We love hearing this. Thanks for sharing, Linda!

Lisa

Linda M.

:) no problem Lisa only saying it as it is.

TiaUmina Beach

Mould and leaking water.

Purchased this fridge in 2016, 18 months later the seals around the door started getting mouldy. Solution was to not turn the E saver on. (Q. don't put the button on there then??) Now we have water leaking into the crispers. Apparently this is a "known" problem and it needs a new element (an element that has been upgraded) Lucky we had product care or there goes $2000 on a fridge.

Purchased in July 2016 at Domayne NSW.

Hi,
A Samsung technician was here today and has replaced the element. Fingers crossed it does the trick.

Ruchi

RuchiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Water leaking in the fruit and vegetable freezer

Bought this Samsung fridge only about one and half year ago And it leaks water into vegetable and fruit crispers freezers up every 3 days or so. will NEVER EVER buy Samsung again. The Samsung just says we won’t cover the repair even though this seems to be a product default. I also have only 3 people in my house and looked after well which obviously hasn’t helped.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)
Lisa K.Samsung

Definitely not worth the money

We bought this fridge in January 2017 and not long after it started leaking water into the vegetables drawers. We had a technician come in at the end of October last year, and just when we thought it's all fixed, we started having the same problem with it. On top of that, food was going off very quickly, as it wouldn't cool down properly. Now, the warranty has expired, and I'm afraid that this is going to cost me a fortune to get it fixed again and again. It is an ongoing problem, so what can I do?

Purchased in January 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,530.00.

Kathy Harris

Kathy HarrisSouth West, WA

Worse fridge I have ever bought

Bought this Samsung fridge a few years ago for $2000 leaks water into vegetable and fruit crispers freezers up every 4 weeks or so will NEVER EVER buy Samsung again

Purchased in February 2015 at JB Hifi Home for $2,000.00.

MickSamsung

WARNING - Deplorable,incompetent customer service & equally defective product.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Not happy jan
Not happy jan

Lisa from Samsung has provided a link that doesnt work.

Sema aksoy

Sema aksoySydney, NSW

Terrible

Purchased in March 2016 at Powerland for $1,619.00.

Don’t waste your money!

This fridge is honestly the worst appliance I have ever paid money for. It has been nothing but trouble since the moment we bought it and constantly having issues in regards to cooling.

Purchased in October 2014 at Harvey Norman.

Gladys

GladysMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

dissapointed

The technician has replaced the parts to stop water appearing in the crisper twice and now 12 months later the fridge has stopped working altogether. I guess mine is not as bad as some of the others after reading the reviews. So dissapointed. When I contacted Samsung they were unable to help as the fridge now 6 years old and it's well out of warranty. Definitely won't be purchasing Samsung again!

Purchased in September 2012.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Gladys, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, when its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Anna
Samsung Australia

Megan Curtis

Megan CurtisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Samsung fridge worst fridge l have ever owned big mistake

Worst fridge the fridge fills up with water in the crispers and in the bottom of the fridge .The seals went mouldy first month .The bottom freezer door gets jammed and the handles fell off .The worst thing is l bought 2 of these fridges biggest mistake l should have read reviews. I'm now looking at buying another fridge but l wont touch samsung again .

Purchased in January 2016 for $1,399.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)
Samsung AUSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Bushido

Bushido

Too many problems!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
JoanneSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Bushido. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Katie

KatieEmerald

Leaks water in fridge & freezer

Daily we have to empty water from the bottom draws. Every couple of weeks break the ice out of the freezer. I called the Samsung support line who said it was not under warranty as it was built in 2015, even tho I’d only purchased it from Harvey Norman less than 2yrs ago. We live in a rural area and they said a technician would be at our expense. Thank Sansumg! So disappointed. Wish we could afford to buy a new one.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
JoanneSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Katie. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Pugs

PugsAUSTRALIND

Why the loud noise

like to know why it makes such a loud noise don"t know what it is motor or fan but it goes on all the time and my place is very small so can here it over the tv it is so loud it make me jump if you are standing near it i was so glad to get a new fridge but just might sell it and put my old one back its a nice fridge but the noise

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Patrick

PatrickCameron Park

Disappointing to say the least

Leaks water, ice build up in the freezer compartment, leaks water into the crisper draws. Fridge not cooling properly now even if the temperature is set to 2 degrees. Motor/fan seems to be making loud noises. Dissatisfied thinking of going to fair trading. would like contact from Samsung. real lemon unfortunately, have Samsung TV's which have been great but this one has really let me down.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Liz D

Liz DBrisbane

Poor technology for 21st century

Every 6 months technicians are needed, worse than a car! And soon warranty will be gone. The crisper draws fill with ice and water, tech comes to replace parts, 6 months later the freezer looks like an igloo and fully freezes over. What happens when my warranty goes and then I’m getting new coolant and dans every 6 months at my own cost. Products should not need to be constantly repaired every 6 months especially with the amount paid for them. So unhappy with our product, definitely will never buy a Samsung fridge again. Repairs shouldn’t need to be constantly made, should be a recall on all as faulty, which is clear going by this thread! Refunds and repair the issue for future models!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Karenba

KarenbaDunddowran Beach 4655

Worst design ever for humid conditions

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Ridz

RidzHampton Park, VIC

Great refrigerator!

- Fridge is easy to use
- Temperature is consistent and reliable
- Love the design and silver finish
- Nice handles on the doors to open and close with ease
- Very spacious
- Water dispenser works well with ice cold fresh water
- Only downside is that the ice maker is very complicated to setup and use

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Horrible fridge. Nightmare

Horrible fridge, has not worked properly and leaks water into the drawers. Serviced by Samsung but no resolve. Told I did not spend enough money on a fridge. Samsung service state it’s a known problem. It’s been a struggle for the last 5 years. I am so frustrated with the situation and there is no resolve but to change to another brand and warn all those that are looking at this.

Date PurchasedMar 2012