Samsung SRF583DLS

Samsung SRF583DLS

MPNs: RF67QESL1/XSA and SRF583DLS

• Internal Layout

Peed OffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service from Samsungno instructions to say freezer takes 2 days to cool.

Freezer takes 2 days to work and no instructions. Samsung offer terrible service.Took 3 days for them to get back to me about the freezer. Lost all the food in the freezer ! Thanks Samsung.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys.

Shaina

ShainaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ridiculously common fault

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman.

KathSamsung

Shocking !!..never again !!

Like others ...it leaks water into the vegetable crisper ...I called and was advised to switch it off for a day , did that but result was unsatisfactory !!.
Finally fed up and will upgrade to a better brand !!....

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)
French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Samsung SRF583DLS compares to other French Door Fridges / Refrigerators

Glen B.Sydney, NSW

Leaks like the titanic

Would never buy a Samsung fridge again.. Constantly fills the vegetables container with water. Wish I had of done more research before buying .. finally had enough of pulling apart to defrost.. every 6 - 9 months . Off to the tip with this nightmare. Middle seal hinge also broken a couple of times and water dispenser lever..

Purchased in January 2015.

Glen B.

We have purchased a new fridge and they will be taking the Samsung away.

Samsung

Samsung is junk, excuse me not a good product.

Have had 2 refrigerators in less than 2 yrs and this second one they will do not his about??? Said I was out of luck because the warranty started on the first on even though the second one is 12 days old. No kidding blew my mind really if anyone buys a samsung I am here to tell you scouts honor please do yourself a favor and check with the guys that service them they will not even work on these refrigerators. Very sincerely a stupid customer that bought 2,(2700)samsung’s with the hub on them.

Ps Hope every on takes heed by the way big box stores have no service bad idea go to some who sells and service their own products

Purchased in December 2019.

Can’t get no satisfaction! After 2 refrigerators still don’t have that works

Samsung

Obviously samsung pays people to write these good reviews.

yperil

yperilSydney, NSW

Operated well for years. We are now getting cold water in the crispers just like other reviews here.

The fridge worked will for years. the freezer still works well.

Recently had a serviceman from Master Appliances call to check the fridge as it:
> leaked water into the vegetable crisper(s)
> would not cool below 16-20*C

Technician inspected and said that this was a known issue and that the resolution is to turn fridge off for a day. We did that and now have lost all visual display on the temperature settings panel.

Fridge is only a few years old. We certainly expected a longer trouble free experience.

Purchased in March 2015 at The Good Guys for $2,000.00.

Felicity

FelicityPerth, WA

Never buy a samsung fridge again. Constantly leaks water

Purchased the Samsung fridge in June 2016. Over the past 5 months have constantly had water leaking into crispers and base of the fridge. Tried turning the fridge off for the day to see if that would fix the problem but no it didn't. Seals have become mouldy after only 6 months. Wish i had done more research before buying the fridge as i would never purchase one again. Now have to put up with vegetables going off after being soaked in water adding further expense to my budget. SAMSUNG any resolution to the problem free of charge?

Purchased in June 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,800.00.

Nick M.Sydney, NSW

Keeps leaking into fruit and vegetables draw an absolute nightmare

I’ve had this fridge for about 3.5 years. After about 2 years the fruit and vegetable draws would fill up with water and freeze and make the food go off. Had an authorised Samsung technician come out and “fix it” only for the same thing to occur a few months later.

Would never buy a Samsung fridge ever again

Purchased in May 2016 at Bing Lee for $1,799.00.

Nick M.

I dont have Facebook messenger? I can send you the invoice from the repairs what is there best email? And please tell me what reference number you are referring to

qualityshopper

qualityshopperFar North Queensland, QLD

Sick of water leaking into crispers

I have had this fridge for nearly 7 years. It started leaking after about 18 months which seems to be the timeline for this problem to keep occuring. This will be the 4th time I have had it repaired at a cost of around $280 each repair.

MickSamsung

I love this product

This fridge/freezer is fantastic. I have had this product for around 18 months, it's big enough for a family of 4-6 people. I love the convenience of having ice cold water available whenever I need it and also the ice cubes and crushed ice. We have also noticed that our food definitely stays fresher longer than any other fridge we have had in the past.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,200.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

We love hearing this. Thanks for sharing, Linda!

Lisa

Linda M.

:) no problem Lisa only saying it as it is.

TiaUmina Beach

Mould and leaking water.

Purchased this fridge in 2016, 18 months later the seals around the door started getting mouldy. Solution was to not turn the E saver on. (Q. don't put the button on there then??) Now we have water leaking into the crispers. Apparently this is a "known" problem and it needs a new element (an element that has been upgraded) Lucky we had product care or there goes $2000 on a fridge.

Purchased in July 2016 at Domayne NSW.

Hi,
A Samsung technician was here today and has replaced the element. Fingers crossed it does the trick.

Ruchi

RuchiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Water leaking in the fruit and vegetable freezer

Bought this Samsung fridge only about one and half year ago And it leaks water into vegetable and fruit crispers freezers up every 3 days or so. will NEVER EVER buy Samsung again. The Samsung just says we won’t cover the repair even though this seems to be a product default. I also have only 3 people in my house and looked after well which obviously hasn’t helped.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Lisa K.Samsung

Definitely not worth the money

We bought this fridge in January 2017 and not long after it started leaking water into the vegetables drawers. We had a technician come in at the end of October last year, and just when we thought it's all fixed, we started having the same problem with it. On top of that, food was going off very quickly, as it wouldn't cool down properly. Now, the warranty has expired, and I'm afraid that this is going to cost me a fortune to get it fixed again and again. It is an ongoing problem, so what can I do?

Purchased in January 2017 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,530.00.

Kathy Harris

Kathy HarrisSouth West, WA

Worse fridge I have ever bought

Bought this Samsung fridge a few years ago for $2000 leaks water into vegetable and fruit crispers freezers up every 4 weeks or so will NEVER EVER buy Samsung again

Purchased in February 2015 at JB Hifi Home for $2,000.00.

MickSamsung

WARNING - Deplorable,incompetent customer service & equally defective product.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Not happy jan
Not happy jan

Lisa from Samsung has provided a link that doesnt work.

Sema aksoy

Sema aksoySydney, NSW

Terrible

Purchased in March 2016 at Powerland for $1,619.00.

Don’t waste your money!

This fridge is honestly the worst appliance I have ever paid money for. It has been nothing but trouble since the moment we bought it and constantly having issues in regards to cooling.

Purchased in October 2014 at Harvey Norman.

Gladys

GladysMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

dissapointed

The technician has replaced the parts to stop water appearing in the crisper twice and now 12 months later the fridge has stopped working altogether. I guess mine is not as bad as some of the others after reading the reviews. So dissapointed. When I contacted Samsung they were unable to help as the fridge now 6 years old and it's well out of warranty. Definitely won't be purchasing Samsung again!

Purchased in September 2012.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Gladys, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information, when its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Anna
Samsung Australia

Megan Curtis

Megan CurtisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Samsung fridge worst fridge l have ever owned big mistake

Worst fridge the fridge fills up with water in the crispers and in the bottom of the fridge .The seals went mouldy first month .The bottom freezer door gets jammed and the handles fell off .The worst thing is l bought 2 of these fridges biggest mistake l should have read reviews. I'm now looking at buying another fridge but l wont touch samsung again .

Purchased in January 2016 for $1,399.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jo

Bushido

Bushido

Too many problems!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Bushido. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Jo

Eric Newman

Eric Newmanasked

How do you alter the fridge temperature?

Electronic controls on LED touch pad on LH door

AdaSamsung

We've provided a link below to help you with setting the temperature of your fridge, Eric.

User Manual > Page 41

Concerned customer

Concerned customerasked

We are experiencing water build up in our fridge crispers and the fridge itself freezers with ice under crispers.

is there a way to fix this? tried turning it off for a day but it did not help came back with water. purchased it in 2016.

AdaSamsung

Hi, would you be able to send us a message to the link below so we can further look into this?

Renee

Reneeasked

Considering Just about every single review on here Is negative I’m now reconsidering purchasing this fridge!! There seems to be two main issues. First issue is that almost everyone reports water leaking into the bottom of the fridge and that the seals go moldy and second issue seems to be the poor customer service following the fault being reported! So, before I even consider buying this fridge what changes has Samsung done With newer models to fix this very common issue??? If your answer is nothing and/or trying to direct me to Facebook private messages so no one else can response then I believe I will have to continue hunting for a better fridge! I don’t have enough money just to be throwing it away like so many people on here unfortunately have. Again, if it’s a very common problem shouldn’t changes be made?!?!?

Cheers

AdaSamsung

We're sorry to hear of your experience with us, Renee. We would like to further look into this. Would you be able to send us a message to the link below so we can gather further details?

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Download manual