Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL457MW / SRL458ELS / SRL453DW Series

SRL458ELS (Silver), SRL457MW (White), SRL453DW

• Internal Layout
Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Loud motor noise and Drawer falls out

After a year we’ve noticed the motor giving off a noise. It is rather audible especially when the rest of the house is so quiet. Another major problem is that the freezer drawer falls off its hinges all the time. It’s not like we’re pulling it out forcefully. Just normal usage and the upper drawer just comes off its rails. Makes it very inconvenient to get things out because you end up having to have one hand to support the drawer in case it drops. It’s been 4 years nows since we bought it. Works well in terms of it being cold and keeping food fresh but just the motor noise and the falling drawer that takes the shine off this product.

Purchased in January 2017 for $910.00.

Naveen

NaveenSouth East Queensland, QLD

door hinges broken

I will not recommend this fridge to others. I bought this fridge within 5 years fridge and freezer door hinges broken. For repairing the fridge I called Samsung, they informed me I have to fix this myself. Not happy with the outcome.

Purchased in March 2015 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,200.00.

Ian N.

Ian N.South East Queensland, QLD

Was good, until it wasn’t. Samsung don’t care.

Bought new from retailer in 2018. Over past year up to beginning of 2021 there has been a decline of freezer performance. Samsung don’t care. Struggles to maintain even -4degC let alone -15. Never again, abysmal non existent customer service and local repairers won’t touch it.

Purchased in February 2018 at The Good Guys for $949.00.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL457MW / SRL458ELS / SRL453DW Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

sven

svenMid West, WA

SRL458LS Fridge, service call, not a happy costumer

Purchased in December 2020 for $988.00.

Kat

KatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't know why it took so long in purchasing the fridge best value

Since purchasing this fridge as freezer in bottom there is so much room in the freezer the temperature all stay the same and love how the door is either left or right handles and so much more room in the fridge with adjustable legs shelves for bottles a f varies for additions shelf slick

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Kel

KelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst fridge we've owned & so much money down the drain. Broke within 3yrs of buying brand new & Samsung won't help!

Purchased in June 2017 at The Good Guys for $1,800.00.

Guitary

GuitaryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

great fridge, does the job

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,200.00.

Miguelacho

MiguelachoSydney, NSW

Perfect for small family

Very happy with the features and distribution of the fridge. There is space for pretty much everything you might need. My suggestion to the manufacturer:

-The fridge door is slightly loose.
-Vegetable compartment is a little bit tight (I guess this is a matter of personal preference)

Purchased in June 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,104.00.

AdaSamsung
Daiane M.

Daiane M.South East Queensland, QLD

This is the best fridge option you have!

I just love my fridge. It’s been only 2 weeks, but it was my best decision. It keeps the perfect temperature. It’s beautiful and sometimes I even forget it is in my kitchen as it is so silent!

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman for $989.00.

Logicmaster

LogicmasterSydney, NSW

Problem free!!

I have had this model for a few years and it has always functioned perfectly. It is very quiet and the temperature always remains constant in both the fridge section and the freezer.

Phillip

Purchased in April 2017 at The Good Guys Physical store.

Reco

RecoCroydon

Very Happy

Stylish and quiet with plenty of space, fantastic features and plenty of space. It goes really well with all of our other Samsung appliances. I am very happy with this fridge.

Purchased in April 2020 at Winning Appliances NSW.

deb_cdj

deb_cdjPerth, WA

Excellent fridge

Minimalist look, easy to clean and maintain. Easy to use- doors open and close easily for both fridge and freezer sections. Consistent performance over the years with good temperature control. Drawers of the freezer could be improved but does the job if you are aware it could fall off if you aren't careful and pull it out too much. Nevertheless, does its job to keep things cold while offering plenty of storage as well.

Purchased in February 2017 at The Good Guys.

KathSamsung

Fantastic to hear you are enjoying your Samsung refrigerator! We really appreciate the time spent to share your perspective on this product and I will be sure to forward this on to the team for you!

Kath
Samsung AU

Lachlan O.

Lachlan O.South East Queensland, QLD

Freezer seal broken after 1 week.

Freezer seal broke after 1 week. Found door ajar when home from work and seal hanging off the freezer door. Will not go back into place. Otherwise fridge is average quality.

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Nashwa H.

Nashwa H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect

Big and perfect for big family good Temperature. Food don’t get smelly and if the fruit is long time inside they stay dry .
Control temperature easy with Buttons on the door.

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $3,500.00.

JeremyA

JeremyAIllawarra, NSW

Very disappointing - water and ice pooling known issue

Put up with an issue of water and ice pooling under crispers for several years. Finally called Samsung as I was sick of emptying and defrosting. They informed that they would send out a service technician to repair the known issue. After calling service technician to organise the repair I was told that they would not repair it as I didn’t have proof of purchase. Despite being the only owner of unit and having had a warranty repair done previously. Couldn’t recommend this product to anyone.

Jackhammer Noisy

I bought this fridge based on glowing reviews how quiet it is. I also checked noise level with Samsung and was told 40dB. Far from it... it’s close to 60dB!
This fridge can be heard throughout the whole house, in rooms far away and with doors closed.
Most of the time now I just turn it off, especially early evenings when other noises start to die down.
No help from Samsung or Harvey Norman, they just pass the buck from one to another.
Once they take your money nobody cares! They said it’s a “normal” working noise.
It’s not! Can’t be.... my 20 years old Westinghouse was much much quieter than this modern piece of rubbish.
I was surprised to discover what is considered “normal” working noise!
I bought a jackhammer that looks like fridge!

Purchased in October 2019.

Noise Level
Grand bg
Grand bg

4 years in needing to replace shelving

I've owned this unit for spot on 4 years. The draws in the freezer now need replacing and the shelving in the fridge door now all need replacing. It was my concern in purchasing the unit that the draws and shelving felt average. I wish i had of followed my initial feelings and picked a unit that freezer draws were wire and door shelving was of a higher quality. By the time I replace all that needs replacing I've paid 1/3 of a new fridge.
Disappointed.

Purchased in October 2015 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Carolyn Steele

Carolyn SteeleIllawarra, NSW

Disappointed

This fridge looks great - the fridge and freezer are really good at keeping foods as should be BUT - the so called crisper just does not keep fruit and vegetables fresh at all. They are wrinkled and soft after only a few days. Sorry but would not recommend.

Purchased in June 2019.

Jessica W.

Jessica W.

Freezer Draw Issues

I began experiencing issues with the freezer draws of my fridge approximately a month after I purchased it. The top draw falls off the hinge every time I open it and I have to physically lift it back on to the hinges to close the fridge. This happens every time I use the draw, very annoying.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,113.00.

Bright sight

Bright sightPerth, WA

Nice and quiet

This fridge is worth it and a good value for what you pay for. Storage is good and nice. Reliable fridge for me so far and had no issue with it.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Plumbob

Plumbobasked

458L Bottom Mount SRL457MW / SRL458ELS / SRL453DW Series

I have just had a Samsung fridge delivered and changed the doors to other side opening. Now the light doesn’t come on when opening door but if I turn the power off then on it will work when I open door twice then not again till I turn power off then on again.

Tilly

Tillyasked

458L Bottom Mount SRL458ELS (Silver)

is the silver steel finish magnetic on the front surface (doors)?

Omar E.asked

458L Bottom Mount SRL457MW / SRL458ELS / SRL453DW Series

I have a Samsung SRL457MW - Bottom Freezer drawer freezes stuck onto bottom panel - really hard to open. Same as Andrew's problem (above).

MickSamsung

Thanks for reaching out to us, we’re really sorry to hear of the experience you've had so far. We’d be more than happy to investigate further into this. You can contact us via Product Reviews private message system but our best point of contact is to send us a PM on Facebook with a copy of this review and some more information.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Mick
Samsung AU

Omar E.

Just got my freezer repaired at my own expense. Since the last posting - I have reached out to Samsung and it was not a pleasant customer experience at all. I had insisted that this is a design fault and my call was apparently been escalated to 2nd level support. Kept missing the callbacks and everytime I would call back I would have to go over the whole process again. Got fed up and initiated my own repairs through an authorized repairer. Turns out the issue is a known issue with the original freezer seal - they have a new seal design. This is is still a manufacturer issue as far as I'm concerned and Samsung did not come to the party.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 3 Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL457MW / SRL458ELS / SRL453DW Series
Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL458ELS (Silver)
  • 2017

Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL458ELS (Silver)

4.2
Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL457MW (White)
  • 2017

Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL457MW (White)

4.4
Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL453DW

Samsung 458L Bottom Mount SRL453DW

3.3
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,599.00$1,499.00$1,099.00
Dimensions 1700 x 700 x 747 mm1700 x 700 x 747 mm1700 x 700 x 600 mm
Energy Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)3 star(s)
Household Size 4-5 people4-5 people4-5 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Wine RackDoor Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf, Frost Free, Ice Dispenser and Wine RackDisplay Panel, Door Alarm, Foldable/Retractable Shelf and Ice Dispenser
Colour / FinishSilverWhiteSnow White
Handle Type ExternalExternalRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves444
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Weight91 kg91 kg87 kg
Door Hinge RightRightRight
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity