Samsung SRL457MW / SRL458ELS

Love it!

So much room in this fridge. Every time I think it's full I find more space.
The bottom shelf let's you adjust the placement so if you have anything big & tall, you can fit it down the bottom no problem.

Excellent cooling system that goes from - 17 to 23 for freezer and 0-7 on the fridge.
Also includes a vacation mode for when you won't be opening the doors for awhile
Every time I open it in the night, the fantastic led lights remind me of close encounters of the third kind!

Buy this fridge!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys Online store.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

Good fridge , but....

I have had fridge about 18 months when I noticed the freezer seal has split! It became really obvious after wiping the seal down. Also drawer in freezer falls off rails when opened to access back of drawer.

Purchased in June 2016 at Appliances Direct Online.

Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)
Hi Graeme, I'm sorry to hear that! We've sent you a PM requesting more information. When its most convenient for you can you please send that through? You can also reach out via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your product review in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Lisa Samsung AU

More spacious than expected

As our new fridge had to fit into the ‘fridge spot’ in our kitchen, and I wanted one with a freezer on the bottom, our choices were extremely limited. The friendly sales person at Good Guys Marion showed us the choices and we settled on choosing between Samsung, Westinghouse and Fisher & Paykel.

As all 3 were made in Thailand, had 4 star energy rating, and prices and reviews on ProductReview were similar, the final choice came down to look and feel. The Samsung won out as we preferred the interior, plus it was the only one with a 10 year parts warranty on the compressor.

After living with it for 4 months, I can say I’m happy with it. The temperature is consistent, doors are easy to open / close and also open wide for easy access and cleaning. The exterior markless stainless steel is easy to keep clean and shiny, and matches the stainless steel finish of my other appliances.

The interior light is bright and the LED panel at the top is an easy way to check that the temperature is as it ought to be. The glass and plastic shelves are sturdy, and the fold-up bottom shelf in the fridge compartment is extremely handy when needed to accommodate taller items.

I am especially delighted at the storage space in both the fridge and freezer compartments. I was a little concerned that the freezer compartment would offer less storage as the manual ice maker and storage tray is built in, unlike my old fridge where I can remove the ice tray to free up shelf space. I was happy to be proven wrong. Although the capacity is about the same as my old fridge, I seem to be able to pack more into the Samsung. This is especially so in the fridge door shelves as these are deeper than in my old fridge.

Any cons? It could be quieter. I took away 1 Star as it seems a little noisy.

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Item leaked water and to repair it was $160 each time and Samsung didn’t want anything to do with it

An absolute disgrace and that it leaks water into the freezer department
Yes it maintains temp and that’s about all I can say about it
Yes it’s easy to open but once the water freezes in the bottom of the freezer the draw won’t open

Purchased in May 2014 for $1,450.00.

Perfect!

I wanted a larger fridge at a good price that was modern and would last. I already own other Samsung products so looked at a fridge. Can't fault it. Looks fabulous and has enough room and storage for our needs. Has smart sense but you can easily change the temperature. The ding noise goes off if left open too long which has saved me a couple of times when my daughter has left it open.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good size

Yes easy to open and close doors open up wide so you can cleaning is easy to do and you can get all the parts out to clean love this fridge so easy to use and keep food in order and keeps things together I have tell all my friends

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Overall satisfied and would recommend

After having read many reviews and spoken to many work colleagues, we opted for the Samsung bottom mount fridge and are pleased with our purchase. Generally the fridge is quiet and we barely notice it operating. In comparison to other makes we've had (Westinghouse, Electrolux), the Samsung compressor is quieter and is less distracting when reading / watching TV etc..

Functionally the interior design is good - we like the wine rack, moveable shelves, and plenty of space in door for bottles etc.
Easy to use, and looks good aswell.
Happy Customer overall !

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Happy customers makes us happy, Martin! Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Great fridge but design flaw with freezer draw

Fridge is great, good price etc... but there is an obvious design flaw with the freezer draw (yes, Google it). When you pull it out enough to actually get things out of it it will fall off it’s railing and you have to physically lift it back on to put it back in. If you don’t mind doing this, it’s a pretty good fridge.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi there, we would be happy to arrange a service call and send a technician out to assess your fridge, please reach out to our Facebook inbox and we will arrange this for you > Facebook > m.me/SamsungAustralia -Vicky

Great fridge

I bought this fridge about a month, and am not regretting it! This fridge is everything i was looking for, space, energy efficient, and most of all COLD! This has been the best whitegoods purchase i have ever made! If you are Looking for a nice sized sophisticated fridge - then this is the one for you! Not only these, the design of the shape is also unparalleled, and it is particularly convenient to use, its separation of each compartment is particularly good, the temperature is also maintained Very reliable, overall good!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Can't fault it

Just ticked over two years with this fridge. Open plan layout of our home means the fridge is only 3 metres from where we sit to watch TV, and we never hear it. Extremely quiet (our 1st priority), very well thought out interior and like the wine rack built in. Free delivery from Appliances Online was a bonus.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great fridge

Have had this fridge for over 4 months controls temperature very well.Lighting is excellent LEDs at front either side of fridge are very bright There is an shelf that folds in half so that you can store taller items at the front of the fridge. The shelfs in the door of the fridge are a reasonable size. It is a very quite fridge and seems to be very good quality .Like the freezer at the bottom of this fridge it is a decent size draws are very good as well.The rack for putting bottles in horizontally is a great space saver . No alarms for when doors are left open . Easy to adjust temperature as when you open it controls and led indications are at top of fridge behind top door seal.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

A good fridge

I like this fridge. It replaced an ancient rattling ancient unit, so maybe anything would have seemed good by comparison, but food is fresher for longer, noise and power consumption much lower and obviously looks much better.

The full length handles are convenient, the vege crisper tray goes right across the fridge so can handle long veges.
The only slight downsides are the freezer drawers are hard to pull all the way out. The temperatures seemed to go off at one stage but just restarted the fridge to reset whatever computer it has inside and its worked fine since.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent features with great Energy Rating

I bought this fridge about a month ago, and am not regretting it! This fridge is everything i was looking for, space, energy efficient, and most of all COLD! This has been the best whitegoods purchase i have ever made! If you are looking for a nice sized sophisticated fridge - then this is the one for you!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good fridge but nothing spectacular

This is a good fridge, it does the job but seems smaller inside than expected. Freezer isn't overly large if you have a whole family using it. Energy efficiency is good but sometimes it can be a bit noisy. Next time I would buy one with a water dispenser built in.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

poor space arrangement

The biggest complaint comes from the unadjustable shelve height. Even though it's a bigger capacity fridge than our old Whirlpool, it holds much less food due to its poor shelf design. Another minus point is that the shelves don't slide out like our old Whirlpool. The finish looks cheap too.

I have seen similar complaints from other reviewers about the rigid shelf height makes the fridge very user unfriendly. What a shame. It would have been a great fridge if only the shelves and the door pockets could be adjusted.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Mia, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process. Philip Samsung Australia

Keeps food fresh for weeks

We love our samsung fridge. Its perfect for small kitchens like ours. It keeps food fresh for weeks. Veges stay fresh for weeks and milk stays good for a lot longer than its use by date. Were very happy with this purchase. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a great reliable fridge!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

LOVE it !!

I love my fridge. It is quiet and spacious. We had 2 fridges before to fit all our stuff but this one fits everything easily without having stuff crammed behind each other so you don't know what you have. The half shelf is brilliant and love the lighting. Vegies seem to last a lot longer. We don't use the icecube tray so I pulled it out and now use that little shelf for my tiny frozen containers of lime and lemon juice. Unfortunately the freezer isn't quite large enough for us as we buy meat in bulk and also make our own cat food so have an additional small upright freezer but for most families I would expect it would be sufficient.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Love this fridge

Always works perfectly , never had a problem. Never smells inside. Keeps the temperature at the right level. Looks stylish also and is a good size to fit what I need in the freezer and lots of space to put drinks in. Love the drawers that pull out , I store my veges in them

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Samsung All The Way

A good looking, quiet and well functioning fridge. As a Samsung fan, I would be more than happy to stick to this brand with most if not all my home appliances. Fits a lot in for its size with easy interchangeable compartments. Easy to operate, very easy to clean and keeps what is most important cold.........my beers.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great fridge

Nice medium size fridge (fits into the space we had). It looks nice, very quiet and keeps the food well. I like the egg holders, somewhere for the wine & water bottles also. The ice cube trays work well and the freezer drawers are large and roll out easily although it would be handy to have a light in the freezer compartment ! The LED lights in the fridge are perfect.

Date PurchasedJul 2018