Samsung SRL457MW (White)

Samsung SRL457MW (White)

MPN: SRL457MW

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Internal Layout

Graeme

GraemeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good fridge , but....

I have had fridge about 18 months when I noticed the freezer seal has split! It became really obvious after wiping the seal down. Also drawer in freezer falls off rails when opened to access back of drawer.

Purchased in June 2016 at Appliances Direct Online.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 1 person(s)
Samsung AUSamsung

FirstTimeCaller

FirstTimeCaller

Great fridge but design flaw with freezer draw

Fridge is great, good price etc... but there is an obvious design flaw with the freezer draw (yes, Google it). When you pull it out enough to actually get things out of it it will fall off it’s railing and you have to physically lift it back on to put it back in. If you don’t mind doing this, it’s a pretty good fridge.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Samsung AUSamsung
Connor

ConnorBROCKLEHURST

Great fridge

I bought this fridge about a month, and am not regretting it! This fridge is everything i was looking for, space, energy efficient, and most of all COLD! This has been the best whitegoods purchase i have ever made! If you are Looking for a nice sized sophisticated fridge - then this is the one for you! Not only these, the design of the shape is also unparalleled, and it is particularly convenient to use, its separation of each compartment is particularly good, the temperature is also maintained Very reliable, overall good!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
martind57

martind57Mid North Coast, NSW

Can't fault it

Just ticked over two years with this fridge. Open plan layout of our home means the fridge is only 3 metres from where we sit to watch TV, and we never hear it. Extremely quiet (our 1st priority), very well thought out interior and like the wine rack built in. Free delivery from Appliances Online was a bonus.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Jeromy

JeromyNORTH JOHNSTONE

Great fridge

Have had this fridge for over 4 months controls temperature very well.Lighting is excellent LEDs at front either side of fridge are very bright There is an shelf that folds in half so that you can store taller items at the front of the fridge. The shelfs in the door of the fridge are a reasonable size. It is a very quite fridge and seems to be very good quality .Like the freezer at the bottom of this fridge it is a decent size draws are very good as well.The rack for putting bottles in horizontally is a great space saver . No alarms for when doors are left open . Easy to adjust temperature as when you open it controls and led indications are at top of fridge behind top door seal.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Iron

IronSydney

A good fridge

I like this fridge. It replaced an ancient rattling ancient unit, so maybe anything would have seemed good by comparison, but food is fresher for longer, noise and power consumption much lower and obviously looks much better.

The full length handles are convenient, the vege crisper tray goes right across the fridge so can handle long veges.
The only slight downsides are the freezer drawers are hard to pull all the way out. The temperatures seemed to go off at one stage but just restarted the fridge to reset whatever computer it has inside and its worked fine since.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

CANDACE

CANDACENUGGETTY

Excellent features with great Energy Rating

I bought this fridge about a month ago, and am not regretting it! This fridge is everything i was looking for, space, energy efficient, and most of all COLD! This has been the best whitegoods purchase i have ever made! If you are looking for a nice sized sophisticated fridge - then this is the one for you!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

poor space arrangement

The biggest complaint comes from the unadjustable shelve height. Even though it's a bigger capacity fridge than our old Whirlpool, it holds much less food due to its poor shelf design. Another minus point is that the shelves don't slide out like our old Whirlpool. The finish looks cheap too.

I have seen similar complaints from other reviewers about the rigid shelf height makes the fridge very user unfriendly. What a shame. It would have been a great fridge if only the shelves and the door pockets could be adjusted.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
PhilSamsung

Hi Mia, thank you for sharing your review with us. We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and your feedback is an invaluable part of that process.

Philip
Samsung Australia

Wayne

Wayne

LOVE it !!

I love my fridge. It is quiet and spacious. We had 2 fridges before to fit all our stuff but this one fits everything easily without having stuff crammed behind each other so you don't know what you have. The half shelf is brilliant and love the lighting. Vegies seem to last a lot longer. We don't use the icecube tray so I pulled it out and now use that little shelf for my tiny frozen containers of lime and lemon juice. Unfortunately the freezer isn't quite large enough for us as we buy meat in bulk and also make our own cat food so have an additional small upright freezer but for most families I would expect it would be sufficient.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Nina

NinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this fridge

Always works perfectly , never had a problem. Never smells inside. Keeps the temperature at the right level. Looks stylish also and is a good size to fit what I need in the freezer and lots of space to put drinks in. Love the drawers that pull out , I store my veges in them

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

C Clark

C ClarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very quiet

I’ve had this fridge about a year. I like the design, it’s easy to clean and frozen section drawers make for easy access to goods.
The temperature stays even and it’s best feature is how quietly it runs.
Anyone living in an apartment should consider quiet appliances as there is no escaping them once they’re turned on.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

TVDinner

TVDinnerHawthorn

Really Happy With The Fridge

We are more than a little stoked with this fridge. It such a relief to finally update and this model was a very good choice, I think. It slotted straight in to our alcove so the size was a top guesimkation on my part but the best thing is the sweet sound of silence - it runs quieter than a Russian nuclear submarine compared to our old one. Love the bottom mount freezer - it brings all the food up to where it should be and the interioris beautiful. great fridge!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Southerner

SouthernerMelbourne

Love The Bottom Mount Design

This is the first fridge we have had with the freezer on the bottom - what a good and also obvious idea! It makes all the food up at eye level. It is clean and beautiful compared to the ancient Kelvinator it replaced. Its quiet too and the best bit is the efficiency is extremely high so I save electricity

Shona

ShonaSydney

Perfect for small fridge spaces

This is the fridge wich will fit in small fridge spaces. It’s very specious fridge with lot of space for frozen food and vegetables. The only issue I feel is the internal rack plates are delicate. You will have to be careful while adjusting space. But other than that it’s a good fridge

Tanya

Tanya

Perfect refrigerator

I love the Samsung brand and this refrigerator is a stand out.Very nice family size refrigerator. Spacious and love the different size compartments.bottom spacious freezer is a good option. Sufficient shelving space and good size vegetable compartment.i love this refrigerator and would defenetely recommend for a family looking for an average refrigerator.

Bearly

BearlyMelbourne

Really Nicely Made Fridge

This fridge has got a really great interior. Its well thought out and the shelves are good. Its very easy to clean. If you have any spills they just wipe down. It looks good on the outside too and makes almost no noise running. I literally can't ever hear it. It is very energy efficient and keeps and even temperature throughout. If you are looking at fridges this is a very good choice.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fe35

Fe35annareg@iinet.net.au

Trying a Samsung bottom mount fridge - impressed so far

Lok

LokGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Purchased second hand. Very quiet and great build quality.

I purchased this second hand 6 months old. It has been a brilliant fridge. Great build quality and is quiet. Glass shelves are great. It has a very functional layout. Alarm is great at detecting if you've accidentally left the door open. It's been a great buy. Temperature adjustment is easy and accurate with digital thermostat. The only thing that has failed is one of the "pixels" of the freezer LCD temperature display has died, but it's not a big deal because it always reads 1 or 0, so is easy to see still.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Alex

Alex

Great value in a stylish fridge

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Nat

NatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great fridge, freezer ok

Just purchased this fridge a few weeks ago, went with white as couldn’t justify the additional cost for stainless just for the aesthetic (esp as I’m moving frequently and the stainless always looks worse with the inevitable scratches and dints). It looks great. Plenty of room. My favourite is the shelf that folds in half.
Downsides: didn’t notice there’s actually no meat/cheese compartment. Worst downside is that the bottom drawer in the freezer doesn’t open all the way out, only half way, making it a hassle to move things in and out and to see what’s at the back (esp those things that come in boxes from the supermarket).

Date PurchasedFeb 2018