Samsung SRL458ELS (Silver)

MPN: SRL458ELS

• Internal Layout

JeremyA

JeremyAIllawarra, NSW

Very disappointing - water and ice pooling known issue

Put up with an issue of water and ice pooling under crispers for several years. Finally called Samsung as I was sick of emptying and defrosting. They informed that they would send out a service technician to repair the known issue. After calling service technician to organise the repair I was told that they would not repair it as I didn’t have proof of purchase. Despite being the only owner of unit and having had a warranty repair done previously. Couldn’t recommend this product to anyone.

Jackhammer Noisy

I bought this fridge based on glowing reviews how quiet it is. I also checked noise level with Samsung and was told 40dB. Far from it... it’s close to 60dB!
This fridge can be heard throughout the whole house, in rooms far away and with doors closed.
Most of the time now I just turn it off, especially early evenings when other noises start to die down.
No help from Samsung or Harvey Norman, they just pass the buck from one to another.
Once they take your money nobody cares! They said it’s a “normal” working noise.
It’s not! Can’t be.... my 20 years old Westinghouse was much much quieter than this modern piece of rubbish.
I was surprised to discover what is considered “normal” working noise!
I bought a jackhammer that looks like fridge!

Purchased in October 2019.

Grand bg
Grand bg

4 years in needing to replace shelving

I've owned this unit for spot on 4 years. The draws in the freezer now need replacing and the shelving in the fridge door now all need replacing. It was my concern in purchasing the unit that the draws and shelving felt average. I wish i had of followed my initial feelings and picked a unit that freezer draws were wire and door shelving was of a higher quality. By the time I replace all that needs replacing I've paid 1/3 of a new fridge.
Disappointed.

Purchased in October 2015 at The Good Guys for $1,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Carolyn SteeleIllawarra, NSW

Disappointed

This fridge looks great - the fridge and freezer are really good at keeping foods as should be BUT - the so called crisper just does not keep fruit and vegetables fresh at all. They are wrinkled and soft after only a few days. Sorry but would not recommend.

Purchased in June 2019.

Jessica W.

Jessica W.

Freezer Draw Issues

I began experiencing issues with the freezer draws of my fridge approximately a month after I purchased it. The top draw falls off the hinge every time I open it and I have to physically lift it back on to the hinges to close the fridge. This happens every time I use the draw, very annoying.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,113.00.

Bright sight

Bright sightPerth, WA

Nice and quiet

This fridge is worth it and a good value for what you pay for. Storage is good and nice. Reliable fridge for me so far and had no issue with it.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Chinthaka J.

Chinthaka J.Western District, VIC

Very quite one

The fridge is a nice quite one with low power consumption, easy to keep clean. I feel like, the fridge handle is not strong enough. Freezer drawers are a bit fragile.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,129.00.

SanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Door seals broke and fridge is still under warranty but doesn't cover

bought this fridge in 2015, it is till under extended warranty till 2021. after 4 years the door seals have cracks, i contacted the seller and got a reply that this is not covered under warranty, lol
they said it is a tear and wear issue.i was using cheap Simpsons fridge for 15 years and never had any issues, this is a branded fridge and paid extra for extended warranty but what is the benefit?

Purchased in December 2015 at Masters Home Improvement for $1,400.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)
MickSamsung
San

Thank you Mick, Jo and Kath from Samsung for organizing a seal replacement very quickly, i appreciate the help you provided. i am not sure why extended warrenty guys didnt fix it before. Anyway all sorted now

San

updated my star ratings - awesome service

AywaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only got this fridge a week ago!

Just bought this fridge and finding that the freezer drawers are coming off their rails every time I need to get something in or out of them! Contacted retailer who's now arranging service call. Not happy!

Purchased in July 2019.

Teresa N

Teresa NHobart, TAS

Perfect Fridge Freezer

This is so good that I bought one for my new house , because the other one was left at the old house and I knew I would miss the features of this fridge. Easy to keep clean, flexible shelving arrangement so you can fit bulky things if you need to. Easy to use ice cube tray. Big shelves in the freezer that fit a lot in them. Very good lighting. Always fresh smelling. Quiet. Couldn’t be happier.

Purchased in February 2019 at Betta Home Living.

AdaSamsung

We're happy to hear this particular refrigerator model has fit perfectly in with your lifestyle and needs, Teresa! If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Bellakelpie

BellakelpieSouthwest, VIC

Good at first. Then the problems started

Purchased in January 2014 at Appliances Online.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)
MickSamsung

AGSyd

AGSydSydney

Good sized and power efficient

We bought this fridge reading the positive reviews and power efficiency rating. We have been using this fridge for about 2 years and it is going very strong. Very spacious for the size. Easy to adjust the temperature for the fridge and freezer. The compartments are well designed, bottle rack is great for wine/beers. Very quiet too.

Purchased in March 2017.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Absolutely amazing

Perfect fridge for a medium sized family. Larger freezer space .easy to open and close. Spacious compartments. As freezer is bottom mount you don't need to bend your back when u access the fridge only.

Purchased in May 2015 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,100.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Damo

DamoSydney, NSW

Love it!

So much room in this fridge. Every time I think it's full I find more space.
The bottom shelf let's you adjust the placement so if you have anything big & tall, you can fit it down the bottom no problem.

Excellent cooling system that goes from - 17 to 23 for freezer and 0-7 on the fridge.
Also includes a vacation mode for when you won't be opening the doors for awhile
Every time I open it in the night, the fantastic led lights remind me of close encounters of the third kind!

Buy this fridge!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys Online store.

phoenixd

phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

More spacious than expected

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)
Samsung AUSamsung

BriancqMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Item leaked water and to repair it was $160 each time and Samsung didn’t want anything to do with it

An absolute disgrace and that it leaks water into the freezer department
Yes it maintains temp and that’s about all I can say about it
Yes it’s easy to open but once the water freezes in the bottom of the freezer the draw won’t open

Purchased in May 2014 for $1,450.00.

AdaSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Brian. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Briancq

Sold the fridge and now it’s someone ellses problem and I will no longer buy a any Samsung products

porcelina25

porcelina25QLD, 4503

Perfect!

I wanted a larger fridge at a good price that was modern and would last. I already own other Samsung products so looked at a fridge. Can't fault it. Looks fabulous and has enough room and storage for our needs. Has smart sense but you can easily change the temperature. The ding noise goes off if left open too long which has saved me a couple of times when my daughter has left it open.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Bee

BeeSevenhills

Good size

Yes easy to open and close doors open up wide so you can cleaning is easy to do and you can get all the parts out to clean love this fridge so easy to use and keep food in order and keeps things together I have tell all my friends

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Martin C

Martin CSydney, NSW

Overall satisfied and would recommend

After having read many reviews and spoken to many work colleagues, we opted for the Samsung bottom mount fridge and are pleased with our purchase. Generally the fridge is quiet and we barely notice it operating. In comparison to other makes we've had (Westinghouse, Electrolux), the Samsung compressor is quieter and is less distracting when reading / watching TV etc..

Functionally the interior design is good - we like the wine rack, moveable shelves, and plenty of space in door for bottles etc.
Easy to use, and looks good aswell.
Happy Customer overall !

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

Happy customers makes us happy, Martin! Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Zac

ZacMelbourne

Good fridge but nothing spectacular

This is a good fridge, it does the job but seems smaller inside than expected. Freezer isn't overly large if you have a whole family using it. Energy efficiency is good but sometimes it can be a bit noisy. Next time I would buy one with a water dispenser built in.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

See all Samsung SRL457MW / SRL458ELS reviews

NIL

NILasked

my samsung bottom mount srl 458els the freezer is perfect but top of fridge not cold at freezer has always been -21 top 9 celsius

Carolyn Steele

The fridge section of mine works well but the fruit/vegetable crisper does not keep things fresh. They become wrinkly and soft within days. Sorry but I would not recommend this fridge.

AdaSamsung

Hi Nil, we understand you are having cooling difficulties with the fridge section of your unit. Would you be able to send us a message to the link below so we can further look into this?

Alternatively, you can reach out to us on 1300 362 603 for further assistance.

Ada

Allen A.asked

How to adjust level as my 458L fridge tilts to the left and I can only adjust the right side wheel but not the left wheel which won’t budge (unless it’s actually not an adjusting wheel).

Carolyn Steele

Sorry I can't help there. The delivery man set mine up.

AdaSamsung

Hi Allen, both the front right and left legs are able to be adjusted. We have provided a link below to help guide you.

User Manual (page 15) > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201908/20190806184133584/Drawing_DA68-02676A_1.5.pdf

Hi Jo,
Thanks for your reply. I have the manual already. Your friendly delivery guy, Gary, came back and fixed what I thought was a stuck wheel adjuster and freed it. The fridge is now levelled. If there were more delivery guys like Gary, this world would be a better place.
Cheers,

4kdmpy1997

4kdmpy1997asked

How do I set the temperature for the fridge it wont let me set it

AdaSamsung

Hi, we have provided a link below to help guide you on using your fridge's control panel. If you continue to experience difficulties with this, we recommend for you to reach out to us on 1300 362 603.

User Manual (page 18) > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201908/20190806184133584/Drawing_DA68-02676A_1.5.pdf

Maz
Maz

I am having the same problem

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Download manual