Samsung SRL458ELS (Silver)

MPN: SRL458ELS

Bright sight

Bright sightPerth, WA

Nice and quiet

This fridge is worth it and a good value for what you pay for. Storage is good and nice. Reliable fridge for me so far and had no issue with it.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Chinthaka J.

Chinthaka J.Western District, VIC

Very quite one

The fridge is a nice quite one with low power consumption, easy to keep clean. I feel like, the fridge handle is not strong enough. Freezer drawers are a bit fragile.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,129.00.

SanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Door seals broke and fridge is still under warranty but doesn't cover

bought this fridge in 2015, it is till under extended warranty till 2021. after 4 years the door seals have cracks, i contacted the seller and got a reply that this is not covered under warranty, lol
they said it is a tear and wear issue.i was using cheap Simpsons fridge for 15 years and never had any issues, this is a branded fridge and paid extra for extended warranty but what is the benefit?

Purchased in December 2015 at Masters Home Improvement for $1,400.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)
MickSamsung
San

Thank you Mick, Jo and Kath from Samsung for organizing a seal replacement very quickly, i appreciate the help you provided. i am not sure why extended warrenty guys didnt fix it before. Anyway all sorted now

San

updated my star ratings - awesome service

AywaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only got this fridge a week ago!

Just bought this fridge and finding that the freezer drawers are coming off their rails every time I need to get something in or out of them! Contacted retailer who's now arranging service call. Not happy!

Purchased in July 2019.

Teresa N

Teresa NHobart, TAS

Perfect Fridge Freezer

This is so good that I bought one for my new house , because the other one was left at the old house and I knew I would miss the features of this fridge. Easy to keep clean, flexible shelving arrangement so you can fit bulky things if you need to. Easy to use ice cube tray. Big shelves in the freezer that fit a lot in them. Very good lighting. Always fresh smelling. Quiet. Couldn’t be happier.

Purchased in February 2019 at Betta Home Living.

JoanneSamsung

We're happy to hear this particular refrigerator model has fit perfectly in with your lifestyle and needs, Teresa! If any questions arise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Bellakelpie

BellakelpieSouthwest, VIC

Good at first. Then the problems started

Purchased in January 2014 at Appliances Online.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)
MickSamsung

AGSyd

AGSydSydney

Good sized and power efficient

We bought this fridge reading the positive reviews and power efficiency rating. We have been using this fridge for about 2 years and it is going very strong. Very spacious for the size. Easy to adjust the temperature for the fridge and freezer. The compartments are well designed, bottle rack is great for wine/beers. Very quiet too.

Purchased in March 2017.

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

Absolutely amazing

Perfect fridge for a medium sized family. Larger freezer space .easy to open and close. Spacious compartments. As freezer is bottom mount you don't need to bend your back when u access the fridge only.

Purchased in May 2015 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,100.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)
Damo

DamoSydney, NSW

Love it!

So much room in this fridge. Every time I think it's full I find more space.
The bottom shelf let's you adjust the placement so if you have anything big & tall, you can fit it down the bottom no problem.

Excellent cooling system that goes from - 17 to 23 for freezer and 0-7 on the fridge.
Also includes a vacation mode for when you won't be opening the doors for awhile
Every time I open it in the night, the fantastic led lights remind me of close encounters of the third kind!

Buy this fridge!

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys Online store.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

More spacious than expected

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys.

Internal Layout
Household Size 5 person(s)

BriancqMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Item leaked water and to repair it was $160 each time and Samsung didn’t want anything to do with it

An absolute disgrace and that it leaks water into the freezer department
Yes it maintains temp and that’s about all I can say about it
Yes it’s easy to open but once the water freezes in the bottom of the freezer the draw won’t open

Purchased in May 2014 for $1,450.00.

JoanneSamsung

We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us, Brian. We've sent you a PM requesting for more information. When it's most convenient for you can you please send that through?

Briancq

Sold the fridge and now it’s someone ellses problem and I will no longer buy a any Samsung products

porcelina25

porcelina25QLD, 4503

Perfect!

I wanted a larger fridge at a good price that was modern and would last. I already own other Samsung products so looked at a fridge. Can't fault it. Looks fabulous and has enough room and storage for our needs. Has smart sense but you can easily change the temperature. The ding noise goes off if left open too long which has saved me a couple of times when my daughter has left it open.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Bee

BeeSevenhills

Good size

Yes easy to open and close doors open up wide so you can cleaning is easy to do and you can get all the parts out to clean love this fridge so easy to use and keep food in order and keeps things together I have tell all my friends

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Martin C

Martin CSydney, NSW

Overall satisfied and would recommend

After having read many reviews and spoken to many work colleagues, we opted for the Samsung bottom mount fridge and are pleased with our purchase. Generally the fridge is quiet and we barely notice it operating. In comparison to other makes we've had (Westinghouse, Electrolux), the Samsung compressor is quieter and is less distracting when reading / watching TV etc..

Functionally the interior design is good - we like the wine rack, moveable shelves, and plenty of space in door for bottles etc.
Easy to use, and looks good aswell.
Happy Customer overall !

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

Happy customers makes us happy, Martin! Thank you for sharing your review with us.

Zac

ZacMelbourne

Good fridge but nothing spectacular

This is a good fridge, it does the job but seems smaller inside than expected. Freezer isn't overly large if you have a whole family using it. Energy efficiency is good but sometimes it can be a bit noisy. Next time I would buy one with a water dispenser built in.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Shai

ShaiMelbourne

Keeps food fresh for weeks

We love our samsung fridge. Its perfect for small kitchens like ours. It keeps food fresh for weeks. Veges stay fresh for weeks and milk stays good for a lot longer than its use by date. Were very happy with this purchase. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a great reliable fridge!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Of Viking Decent

Of Viking DecentSydney

Samsung All The Way

A good looking, quiet and well functioning fridge. As a Samsung fan, I would be more than happy to stick to this brand with most if not all my home appliances. Fits a lot in for its size with easy interchangeable compartments. Easy to operate, very easy to clean and keeps what is most important cold.........my beers.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Paula

PaulaLower Inman Valley, SA

Great fridge

Nice medium size fridge (fits into the space we had). It looks nice, very quiet and keeps the food well. I like the egg holders, somewhere for the wine & water bottles also. The ice cube trays work well and the freezer drawers are large and roll out easily although it would be handy to have a light in the freezer compartment ! The LED lights in the fridge are perfect.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

cat

catAdelaide

Love this fridge!

I was really excited to get a new fridge given my old one was very noisy and not big enough. This is very quiet, is space savvy (one of the drawers is able to be halved), the freezer and fridge have ample room and it is easy to keep clean! Would recommend, and give 10/10

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Leonie Baldry

Leonie Baldry

Very d oi dissapointed

I was so excited to buy my new fridge and really expected it to last for years. The shelves of the fridge have just fal look en spartan and also the draws in the freezer and the runners that hold them and it's only 4 years o look d and its started falling apart in the second year

Date PurchasedApr 2015

See all Samsung SRL457MW / SRL458ELS reviews

4kdmpy1997

4kdmpy1997asked

How do I set the temperature for the fridge it wont let me set it

JoanneSamsung

Hi, we have provided a link below to help guide you on using your fridge's control panel. If you continue to experience difficulties with this, we recommend for you to reach out to us on 1300 362 603.

User Manual (page 18) > http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201908/20190806184133584/Drawing_DA68-02676A_1.5.pdf

Marek Jasieniakasked

Can the doors opening angle be limited to 90 degrees?

JoanneSamsung

Hey Marek, are you enquiring of whether you are able to limit the fridge door's opening to a maximum of 90 degrees? Any further information will help clarify our understanding.

Hi Jo,
Yes, that's correct. The fridge is in an enclosure and a wall on the opening side is long and interferes with the fridge/freezer door. Therefore I need to limit the fridge opening to a maximum of 90 degrees.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Cheers,
Marek
PS
I have a photo that describes clearly the problem but I could not paste it here

JoanneSamsung

Thanks for letting us know, Marek. We recommend for you to use for example, padding if you would like to avoid the doors from hitting the wall in the enclosure as the refrigerator's doors are unable to be adjusted to a limit of 90 degrees.

Brandon

Brandonasked

I've noticed that our Samsung fridge makes a lot of noises such as a kind of banging sound near the left side of the fridge, and a rising and falling vibrating noise almost other sounds. Is anyone else getting this and is this normal?

phoenixd

Hi Brandon, mine is pretty quiet. No funny sounds.

Briancq

I got rid of the heap of this fridge an I swear I will never buy another Samsung product

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi Brandon, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to provide me with your contact details and any reference number to our Facebook via the link below?

Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us.

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives