HW-T550, HW-T650, HW-T450

Does not support 4k passthru!

Bought this, lady in shop spoke in depth about the unit, but did not mention it does not pass thru 4k. Does not sound like virtual surround. Not happy I paid £300 for this

Samsung
    KathSamsung

Will H.asked
    HW-T550

At times the is a distorted screeching noise coming out of the sub woofer. It sounds really scratchy and as if it were extremely high treble (odd I know).

It seems that when watching free to air tv channels, there is no issue, yet when watching Netflix or web based channels, the screeching rears it’s head.

So, what am I doing wrong?

What is a recommended setting for the sub? Between the +/-6?

Michael T.
    Michael T.

Hi Will, I've not experienced that issue at all on my HW T650 so not sure what is wrong with your sub-woofer. I've set my sub level to +6 and also my bass to +6 and tend to get fairly good results (when what I am watching has good sound production such as movies (and ads lol)). Never any distorted screechy noices.
    Might have to ring Samsung tech support?

Will H.

Thanks for the tip. I suspect it’s my lack of experience with my sound bar. I will employ the same settings as you mentioned.

Cheers
    Will

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 3 Samsung T Series
    CategorySoundbarsSoundbarsSoundbars
    Price (RRP) $579.00$449.00$349.00
    FeaturesDTS Virtual:X and Wall MountableDTS Virtual:X and Wall MountableWall Mountable
    Connectivity OptionsBluetooth, HDMI, HDMI ARC, Optical Port and USBBluetooth, HDMI, HDMI ARC, Optical Port and USBBluetooth, Optical Port and USB
    Number of HDMI Ports220