HW-T550, HW-T650, HW-T450

• Music
Sunny
SunnyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

great sound

Love this amazing sound bar, very easy to setup and soundbar remote works with Samsung TV without any issue. Powerful bass with the subwoofer, love the HDMI ARC, great product.

Purchased in June 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $279.00.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass
Samsung
KathSamsung

Will H.asked
HW-T550

At times the is a distorted screeching noise coming out of the sub woofer. It sounds really scratchy and as if it were extremely high treble (odd I know).

It seems that when watching free to air tv channels, there is no issue, yet when watching Netflix or web based channels, the screeching rears it’s head.

So, what am I doing wrong?

What is a recommended setting for the sub? Between the +/-6?

Michael T.
Michael T.

Hi Will, I've not experienced that issue at all on my HW T650 so not sure what is wrong with your sub-woofer. I've set my sub level to +6 and also my bass to +6 and tend to get fairly good results (when what I am watching has good sound production such as movies (and ads lol)). Never any distorted screechy noices.
Might have to ring Samsung tech support?

Will H.

Thanks for the tip. I suspect it’s my lack of experience with my sound bar. I will employ the same settings as you mentioned.

Cheers
Will

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 3 Samsung T Series
CategorySoundbarsSoundbarsSoundbars
Price (RRP) $579.00$449.00$349.00
FeaturesDTS Virtual:X and Wall MountableDTS Virtual:X and Wall MountableWall Mountable
Connectivity OptionsBluetooth, HDMI, HDMI ARC, Optical Port and USBBluetooth, HDMI, HDMI ARC, Optical Port and USBBluetooth, Optical Port and USB
Number of HDMI Ports220