Samsung TU8000 Crystal Series

Samsung TU8000 Crystal Series

UA43TU8000WXXY (43"), UA65TU8000WXXY (65"), UA75TU8000WXXY (75"), etc...

4K TV Buying Guide

Read now

• Sound Quality
  • Software
  • Picture Quality

Badger

Badger

Very Budget TV

Purchased in November 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,830.00.

Samsung AUSamsung

Hi there, we appreciate the time you took to share your review. I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you had been facing with your TV but I'm glad to hear a remedy is in process.

Sara

lol anon.Perth, WA

6 months old and unstable picture and pixle lines already. Given upon brand 2nd gone under warranty.

Pixels going again only 6 - 7 months old if that. Will be the 2nd that has gone under warranty. Giving up on brand. Good price but maybe it is a case of what you get for your $.

Purchased in April 2020.

Terrible tv

TV full of ads you cant switch off! Bluetooth visibility cant be switched off which IMO is a major security and privacy breach. TV browser is next to useless. No other browsers in app store to choose from. HDMIarc does not work. The list goes on. Awaiting correspondance from ACCC before i return the TV and get my money back from these scumbags

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,500.00.

Absolutely the best TV I have ever owned

The operating system is excellent
Features are great i would have liked the to be able to select my own apps
Wireless and Bluetooth are excellent
There are enough ports great access

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$798.00.

mishSydney, NSW

Samsung smart tv

The Tv itself is great having all the smart features like Netflix and you tube and then installing all our other streaming apps the only downfall is the remote as it doesn’t have numbers you have to scroll through all the channels and can’t select a specific one straight away

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,900.00.

Liam from Brisbane

Liam from BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Almost perfect

We love the Samsung TV's for their functionality and ease of use menue and built in apps.
Very easy to use and navigate menue, the Bluetooth remote works extremely well and does not need to be pointed at the tv, the only issue is it is not compatible with our Sonos sound bar.
There are work arounds but it took a bit of searching to configure.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$2,100.00.

Canterbury

CanterburyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

perfect Tv Samsung better than qled

Bought Samsung tu8000 75” really nice picture and waiting for my Samsung bar highly recommended very happy with it, I was confused between qled or Samsung but resolution of tu8000 is really clean

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,895.00.

AdaSamsung

Hi Canterbury, we are excited to hear you are thoroughly enjoying your TU8000 TV! If any questions do arise, please don't hesitate to let us know.

AndreaBRIDGE

AndreaBRIDGEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Incredibly easy to set up, works perfectly, was hung in the wall and now looks stunning. Couldn’t be happier....!

Smart tv and definitely is... the thing is awesome! Was set up easily and doesn’t falter! Super happy with my choice. It’s so slim, so awesome to look at and a brand I know and love.

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$1,495.00.

AdaSamsung

We're happy to hear you are enjoying your new Samsung TV, Andrea! Your feedback is much appreciated and will be passed on.

Alana B.

Alana B.

Great value.
Easy to use remote.
Streams and casts well.
Great sound and picture.
Handles all apps I want.
Enough Usb ports.
Blue tooth settings are good.
Really happy, would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Purchased for A$1,200.00.

Nathan P

Nathan PGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Alright, but some very rude design and missing some features

Purchased in September 2020 at Appliances Online for A$850.00.

NickSydney

Arrived Damaged and 2 months on still not picked up for a return

A month after this review still no luck with the return the help desk just keep saying the same thing they are looking into and have now gone to fair trading to resolve
I purchased this TV in July 2020 from the online store opened up the packaging and behold the TV screen was damaged and unwatchable. I emailed and called Samsung about the issue and was told the courier would contact me for a pick up. Its now end of September and after numerous calls (at least 10) to the help desk who keep telling me its a priority return and then some "system issues" the damaged TV is still in my lounge room and refund not processed. I have always been used Samsung and this experience makes me want to use another brand very poor.

Purchased in July 2020.

MickSamsung

Hi the order number is AU200525-52421378

KathSamsung

Thank you, Nick. However are you able to forward this to us via the link provided above so we can follow upon this for you?

M.SK

M.SKSydney, NSW

Samsung TVs have built in ads that you cannot opt out of

This TV that you paid for will force ads on you whether you like it or not.

No other brand does this as far as I know.

It is completely unacceptable !

Purchased in January 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$899.00.

Brian W.

Brian W.South East Queensland, QLD

Garbage

My 6 year old Samsung ua40d5000 craps all over this. Seems Samsung is taking steps backwards instead of forwards in quality. Very disappointing. I will be taking it back for a refund and get something better

Jiminy WillickersAU

Built in ads on the TV menu that can't be turned off!

Has built in Ads that you cannot turn off.

This TV that I purchased from JB hifi for $1450.00 has advertising on the menu bar that can't be turned off. This isn't a service issue, but hardcoded in to your TV's settings. You can only disable 'targeted' ads (ads that are selected based on your browsing history), but ads for random TV shows, products, promotions etc. will always be on your menu bar. Also not that many file formats cannot be read from your external USB stick when you insert it into the TV.

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,495.00.

AdaSamsung

We are sorry that you feel this way, Jiminy. We want to continue to develop and enhance our customer experience and we take your feedback on-board.

LaurenceGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Unit - Rich with functionality and easy to use

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for A$815.00.

Laurence

Thanks Kath... just configured it... and downloaded the e-manual. Will give it a couple of days. If all OK, I will upgrade the rating... if not, will get in touch as per your note above.

KathSamsung

Glad to hear, Laurence. Thank you for keeping me updated and if anything else occurs, please don't hesitate to send us a private message on Facebook :)

MadjaspaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible customer service if you can get through!

Purchased on 27 June 2020 from good guys. Remote sticking right and down. After days trying to get through, Jay at Samsung said I had to buy new one! It's under warranty! Good guys not helpful either. Never get a Samsung.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$995.00.

Madjaspa

Kath. Thanks for your reply. However what do you mean by Samsung Reference number?

KathSamsung

That is okay, if you do not have a Samsung reference number, please provide your contact details via PM so we can pull up your previous interactions.

Horrible.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$2,100.00.

KathSamsung

Hey Andrew, you should be able to visit our Samsung AU Facebook page. Underneath our display pic, you will have the option to send us a PM.

Christine

ChristineSouthwest, VIC

Not as good as hoped

I purchased a Samsung UA43TU8000WXXY on 21 July 2020. I am endeavouring to “set up” and am finding the remote completely unhelpful bordering on the user antagonistic. This TV is replacing a Samsung UA40J6200 – completely user friendly. My major problem is being unable to pair my Pioneer Bluetooth earphones SE-MJ553BT-K to the new TV. The headphones are not listed on Blue tooth device list. The UA43TU8000WXXY does not have a sports option for clearer picture and sound.
My previous Samsung used these headphone without “issue”.

Purchased in July 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$895.00.

Peter K

Peter KGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A Quality Product

Have had this TV for a couple of months now & I am very impressed with its silky design & build quality, ease of setup, picture quality & reliable internet connection. Sound quality was lacking & I paired it with the stunning Sonos Beam & I have a match made in heaven!! The minimalist remote is an eye opener, simple, intuitive, yet has full functionality. Overall, this is a quantum leap in technology at an affordable price.

Purchased in May 2020.

KathSamsung

Nice tv easy set up but picture not as clear as it was in the store

The Picture is not as clear of quality as the tv set up in store,its a bit blury but love everything else about the the tv,easy to set up,good sound,

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,270.00.

SandyD

SandyDasked

TU8000 Crystal UA43TU8000WXXY (43")

Can I install apps such as YouTube, Patreon, Skillshare, etc, onto this T.V.?
If not, what else do I need to be able to watch content from these apps on this T.V?

Steve

Do NOT buy this tv. Read and trust the reviews. Tv is full of ads and spyware from samsung. Get an LG or hisense. As for yor question most smart tvs come with yotube app pre installed As for the others youcan buy amazon firestick or access websites through browser

Willow S.
Willow S.

How come Steve i do not get adds at all I have utube installed thats all I also installed my Chrome cast for the apps I cannot get

lol anon.

Alot depends on whether or not anyone is prepared to pay for add free apps and also what you look at on other devices. Spyware is not significant as Google for the last 30 years have been intruding Facebook, Amazon they all listen in. It is called sales. Marketing for you your area and your unborn children. If you don't want any privacy intrusion do what the F.B.I agent suggested. " Go live in a cave with not even a microwave near you". End quote. Nothing to hide then who cares LG all smart T.Vs have got the rumour of a hidden inbuilt Camera. Who cares. Simple answer I walked into lounge with tablet watching You tube and it asked if I wanted to watch it on T.V I WAS WTH but just pushed no.

Dieter G.asked

TU8000 Crystal Series

TU8000 2 weeks old ,
I trying to help my 82 year old Neighbor.
I can not ( or can )use a USB Stick 16G to record a Program (tried with FAT32 and NTFS).

mish

Im not too sure sorry maybe ask google

AdaSamsung

Hi Dieter, would you be able to provide us with the model of the TV so we can further look into this? To locate this, head to TV Menu -> Support -> About TV

UA50TU8000WXXY

Mike M.

Mike M.asked

TU8000 Crystal Series

How can you fix the audio lag , lip-synch ?

AdaSamsung

Hi Mike, we recommend for you to follow the steps in the link below to adjust your sound and picture delay.

Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 6 Samsung TU8000 Crystal Series
Category4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs4K Ultra HD TVs
Price (RRP) A$3,699.00A$2,499.00A$1,599.00A$1,299.00
Screen Size 82"75"65"55"
Screen TypeLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCDLED/LCD
Type of TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TVHDR Compatible and Smart TV
Wireless OptionsBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-FiBluetooth and Wi-Fi
Refresh Rate 50/60Hz50/60Hz50/60Hz50/60Hz
Number of HDMI Ports3333
Number of USB Ports2222
Wall MountableYesYesYesYes
Weight37.7 kg30.4 kg20.6 kg13.9 kg
Operating SystemTizenOSTizenOSTizenOSTizenOS
Dimensions (without stand) 1045 x 1830 x 60 mm958 x 1673 x 60 mm830 x 1449 x 60 mm707 x 1231 x 60 mm
Dimensions (with stand) 1148 x 1830 x 392 mm1048 x 1673 x 341 mm907 x 1449 x 282 mm783 x 1231 x 250 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateMar 2020Mar 2020Mar 2020Mar 2020