Samsung TU8000 Crystal UA50TU8000WXXY (50")

Samsung TU8000 Crystal UA50TU8000WXXY (50") Questions & Answers

MPNs: UA50TU8000 and UA50TU8000WXXY
Listing monitored by Samsung

3 questions from our users

Carol
Carolasked

Hi there
Am i correct in saying this TV has NO record function? I have an external 3.0 hard drive that the TV recognises but I am unable to get any RECORD options on the TV?
Thanks in advance ! Carol

Kateasked
TU8000 Crystal UA50TU8000WXXY (50")

Anyone had issues with the screen being black and not working yet the audio still does?

HappyMrC
HappyMrC

Yes happened a few times when streaming with Disney and Apple Apps.

I had to close apps and start again. Sometimes it took several attempts for this to work.

Reinstalling apps and Resetting TV may also help, yet if you have to do this with the TV regularly it is not working properly in my view.

I have intermittent and irregular problems like this as we speak as an example, which is why my review is so low because Samsung Customer Care are very poor to deal with.

Kate

Mine does too. When I am watching free to air TV, the screen goes black or very dimly lit, but the audio is fine. Some days its works beautifully. I’ve had it looked at once. Will get it looked at again. Only two months old!

Stephen H.
Stephen H.

There seems to be a batch of faulty 50 inch TV's where the backlight fails

Aaron H
Aaron Hasked
TU8000 Crystal UA50TU8000WXXY (50")

I got this tv two days ago from writing this. The tv was great, amazing picture quality, nice size and a decent level of sound for basically 1000 dollars from Harvey Norman. I wanted to connect my recently bought JBL Flip5 speaker to the tv as it greatly increases the overall level of sound to the tv, also being able to control where the sound is coming from is much better. For the first day the remote was completely fine when the speaker was connected to the tv through bluetooth. The next day when the speaker was connected to the tv, the remote would almost cut in and out of connection to the tv, it would sometimes work for a few seconds then it would not do anything but the red light would still flicker like it does when it works. I also have a Samsung phone with the smart things app which also has a remote control in the app, when the speaker was connected it would be the same with the remote. Is this because of the remote or because of the speaker?

Samsung
KathSamsung

Great to hear you're enjoying your new Samsung TV so far, Aaron! From what you've described, this may be the speaker.

However, I would recommend also testing to see if you have connectivity issues when the Bluetooth speaker is connected via Bluetooth to your mobile device. If the issue continues, please send us a PM via the link below as it is our main point of contact.

Kath
Samsung AU

See all Samsung TU8000 Crystal Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung TU8000 Crystal UA50TU8000WXXY (50")

Other 4K Ultra HD TVs