Samsung Series 5 M5500

Samsung Series 5 M5500

UA32M5500 (32") and UA43M5500 (43")

White Dots appear on my Samsung TV

I purchased a 55 inch Samsung TV in Dec 2014 picture quality is great however I now have 2 bright white dots appearing on the screen. Have called Samsung & they have advised that whilst we can have the TV looked at it will be at our cost as the TV is outside of warranty period. Similar other threads on-line suggest that this isn’t an isolated issue.

Hi Jeff, we'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to provide me with your contact details and any reference number to our Facebook via the link below? Please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Lisa Samsung AU ------

Awesome Quality TV

Really impressed with the quality in this series.

I bought this for the spare room after buying a 55'Samsung a few weeks ago.

Samsung certainly make a quality TV and I think it's worth the extra you might pay.

Easy to setup and great picture and I don't need a sound bar for this TV, which seems a rarity these days.
Love the bluetooth audio and again the setup is so smooth and trouble free.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Nice quality screen but fiddly remote

Received this Samsung 43" TV as a Xmas present. Pros: has great picture quality & sound; easy to watch Youtube/Netflix etc. Cons: screen size little small; remote very tiny making it fiddly to operate.

Excellent picture quality

Excellent picture quality, light, thin and easy to assemble. Has a small remote. So small infact that you will think it is missing from the package when you purchase it. The apps work great and it comes preloaded with most. The only thing mine didn't have is the seven app.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Could be better

I recently bought a Samsung 32"smart TV to replace a 37 year old NEC 68cm CRT.
The picture quality is ok with plenty of ways to improve it. However the zoom feature in the picture menu is greyed out and I have no idea how to make it work. I have wide screen DVD's that have black bar top and bottom and I want to use the zoom feature to get rid of the bars but I have no idea how to.
Sound is average although my Mac PC's sound is a whole lot better. A separate theater sound system may need to be bought to improve the sound.
The TV has two USB ports. Two HDMI ports plus the standard red, white and yellow RCA sockets.
Connecting to the internet of this "smart" TV was a breeze and there are many apps to choose from.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
I've now out how to make the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen disappear. I had to go into the custom picture menu although I was told by a Samsung person on their support line that I'd need to go to the analog TV settings. What a load of rubbish. We don't have analog TV anymore. So I think it's wise to just mess around with the menus until you find what you're looking for.Netflix is one of the apps available on this TV. A better user manual would be great as the press a button and speak manual is no good. Your voice only has to change slightly and the TV doesn't recognise your voice. Bring back comprehensive paper booklet type manuals Samsung.

Almost perfect

There are a lot of things to like about this tv. It has a lovely sleek design, good sound quality, and "smart" options that allow me to open internet pages through the tv. I like to play youtube music through the tv because I don't have a radio and my only other option is to play music through my laptop. Therein lies the issue because I can't always get youtube to open, sometimes I have try opening it several times before it will work and I feel discouraged from using it. Perhaps I'm not using it correctly, or perhaps the design isn't intuitive enough. Either way it's minus 1 star for that reason.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Hooray! Samsung! We love it!!

I’ve purcharsed Samsung HD 65” last month from Bing Lee. I found it is excellent for a house with kids. The kids loved the big screen!
The picture quality was good and also the speaker was high quality.
It had HDMI at the back side so we need to put the cable before we put the tv on the wall.
Overall it looks great and we absolutely love it!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Perfect when it worked

Picture quality is great and the 3D function works well
built in speaks are very low...at max it is still low
It has HDMI but could do with some more usb ports
It's a smart TV but really irratated that the TV guide no longer works and some apps no longer works

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Gets the job done

Basic setup. If you are looking for a basic tv that does what its suppose to then this is it. There three HDMI ports and it a smart TV and plenty of apps and you can down load more if needed. Yes it got Youtube not like my favorite Sony ...If you got a Samsung S7 edge you can mirror and watch or look at your photos on the big screen!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Great TV for the price

My Samsung TV has never let me down. The quality of the picture is top notch and the in built speakers are of high quality. Ideally a sound bar connected is the best setup for the ultimate experience however the connected speakers do a good job. The smart TV works well too however the controls can be a bit finicky for older people.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Amazing sound!!!

The picture quality on this TV is crystal clear! The speakers...phenomenal. The sound is just outstanding and definitely the best I've ever heard on any TV I've owned. It has 3 HDMI ports and 2 usb ports which are super useful. The apps and features it offers are out of this world.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

TV Glamour

The picture quality is top-notch, there is no doubt about it. The sound quality from the speakers you will find no glaring criticism for. With enough ports for HDMI, and even USB sticks, being a smart TV of course, allows for more options.

Its operation system, however, is slow to start, and even crashes from time to time which is disappointing.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

All flash, little substance and full of hassles.

We have always brought Samsungs for the hotel we run but this will be the last one, they always had straight forward remotes and easy to use menus with solid features, which is why we were happy to spend the bit extra for our guests but this TV is none of the above, it is awful.
Do not consider buying this TV especially for an older person, the remote is horrible it has very limited labels, it trys to be cool going for a minimalist look but it is just ends up being very annoying and frustrating.
The default setting after set up had a voice saying every thing you did on it on the TV, volume up 18, volume up 19, volume up 20 telling you what channel that you had changed to, it was beyond annoying within a couple of minutes and very hard to find how to turn off.
You should factor in a trip to Bunnings to search for the 50mm M4 bolts and washers as they are not included before thinking about wall mounting this TV.
End of the day, the set up has been a pain and this is not a user friendly TV, it might be fine for a younger private user who get to know this TV well but it is not a TV that you would ever buy to be used in commercial premises and it is definitely not a TV that you would buy for an older relative, they would not thank you for it at all.
The picture looks good and the sound is fine but after the guests leave in a couple of days I will be pulling it out and replacing it with a Hisense N4.

Date PurchasedAug 2017