Samsung WA13M8700G

Samsung WA13M8700G

WA13M8700GV and WA13M8700GW

always useful

I have great trust in my washing machine it just keeps on washing. I would definitely purchase another samsung washer , when I need it. The machine washes delicates in a gentle way and also good for those tougher jobs

Purchased in October 2016.

Noise Level

Excellent washing machine but some minor issues. Model number for Aust/NZ is WA13M8700GW/SA

Over all the washing machine does everything we expect from a good quality washing machine.

All the washing functions work well and has good controls so you can control the washing process from start to end, we love the ability to control the outcome of our washing process and not have a computer to do it for us.

Though I have rated this as very high even stating this issues below is because the washing machine minus the hand bowl function is excellent at present and I will update this report if anything changes.

Issues for me as an engineer was poor lacking documentation of all functions in the manual and sales brochure information. For example I was unable to determine if the wash cycle does hot wash then do rinse in cold.

This washing machine has a feature for hand washing in a tub that sits under the top door. The problem with this is it leaks a small amount of water down the washing machine outside the main bowl to the floor of the laundry when transferring the contents from the small hand bowl to the main washing machine bowl. Also the control to put water in this bowl, this function is explained by Samsung "The Activ DualWash™ includes a built-in sink and a powerful water jet for a one stop solution to pre-treat stains or hand-wash delicate items."

This outlet for water into the small washing bowl also leaks a little water down the outside of the main bowl to the laundry floor. Having used that feature it looks like the siphoning effect may empty the water in the outlet causing water on the laundry floor. Samsung can easily fix this design problem by making the frame above the top of the main bowl larger so water runs into the main bowl. the best example is the picture below and the video which is better on the Samsung web site https://www.samsung.com/au/washing-machines/wa13m8700gw/

Samsung if you are checking out this web site then I would like to have the problem fixed and the bowl idea is good, at present we are aware of the issue and just work around the problem. As i said ignore this feature and the washing machine is excellent.

This problem effects many model numbers of washing machines with this feature.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco NSW, Auburn for $1,100.00.

Noise Level
Further to my comments below the unpacking information with this product does not match the product delivered and instructions about the hose attachment for the pump to empty the machine are not applicable. The hose is already attached and ready to fit to your sink or drain connection. Also i can confirm that if you wash in hot you do rinse in warm and you cannot do anything about that feature. Personally we like this as the fabric softener work much better.

This is a perfect washing machine easy to use

This washing machine can wash all types of clothing including bedding. It cleans well and has a choice of wash cycles plus the advantage of a tub clean. It even washes delicate's well without any damage to clothing. The cycle times of the washing machine offer a great range and selection with the choice of hot or cold or a mixture of both water temperatures. The cycles of this washing machine are excellent as you can choose a quick wash or a fuzzy wash which is good for a mixture of clothing in one cycle. I absolutely enjoy using this product.

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman for $400.00.

Noise Level

Very modern and looks amazing

I absolutely love my Samsung washing machine. I love the colour black. It looks fantastic compared to your average white. The features are AMAZING. Regardless of it being a big washing machine there is a water saving mode which I found saved me because my water bill hasn’t really changed and I run it three time a day! I’ve had ours for six months now and I’m soo happy with it. It’s my baby! It’s so perfect!!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Samsung Top Loader - Bad Experience

This Samsung Top Loader flooded my laundry intermittently on any level setting over 4.
After 9 months of arguing with Samsung and 5 service calls later, Samsung declared that there was nothing wrong with the washer.
Harvey Norman thankfully agreed that the washer was faulty and replaced it with another one. A different brand of course.
Poor Washer and very poor customer service. Avoid Samsung products

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Still Have Problems

The problem still exists even after 2 visits from a repairman under warranty.
The error message 4C keeps coming up when I have a full load.
The machine then fully drains and cannot be stopped - which is a huge problem when we are only on tank water.

Worse than this problem is when I have to ring Samsung to book a service call.
Appears that I get connected to a third world country and then the fun begins.
They read from a script and will not listen. Each time I have had to call I waste approximately 40minutes on the phone. Every time they request the serial number, even though I registered this number on their website and have given it to them 3 times previously.
They keep wanting me to pull the huge machine out from the wall to look at the number on the back.
I try to log in to their website to find the number but their website is always having problems.

As things stand at the moment I could not recommend one of these machines. Perhaps I just got a dud but the dramas dealing with Samsung far outweigh the problems I am having with the machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Donna, I truly do apologise for your recent experience with Samsung. I understand how important it is to have a functioning washing machine. I have sent you a Private Message requesting for further information. Hoping to get this sorted for you ASAP. Sara Samsung AustraliaStill has not been fixed. I ring Samsung every week - only to be told each time that they will have to speak to someone in the technical department and then ring me back. They never ring back. My repairer contacts them weekly as well and they are told the same thing - that someone will call them back but they never do. Not sure what to do next - I will have to do some research - Fair Trading or Ombudsman maybe? I would never recommend anyone to purchase a Samsung appliance and I surely never will again.

Brilliant!

Fantastic machine for a family! The washtub comes in so handy for treating stains prior to washing, and the lift and dump option is a perfect touch.
The lint filter collects so much lint which is great!
I love being able to do 1 load a day and it’s enough to do a family of 5’s washing.
Also really love the tub clean reminder after every 20 washes.
Would definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

its ok

I got this machine recently. It is ok. Nothing flash but it does the job. It is 11kg with no agitator which is great. It has a soaking area on top which we never use as it really for 1 or 2 items tops. I not sure yet how i really feel about it but it does what it needs to do so i can't complain. It is simple to work. The all electrics do worry me a little though.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Amazing, works well!

I love everything about this top loader, I have always had second hand stuff and now to own a brand new machine makes me LOVE doing laundry! The features are cool, and I love the colour if it as well and the fact that it holds 13kg!! It will look amazing in my newly built home.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Has Issues But is still a good machine

Okay after my LG died after 10 years of loyal service I was going to go buy what I knew but came across this machine from Samsung. I liked the soak sink I liked the cycles etc and most importantly I liked the size of the barrel. I got it home installed easily enough, did a calibration and a quick test cycle. All worked well. Then I did my very first warm wash and this is where I discovered problem number 1. Unlike most washing machines if you set this one to do a warm or hot wash it will rinse in hot or warm water. The only way you can get a cold water rinse is if it is set to do a wash in cold water first. I have spoken to Samsung and they have said that this is normal for their machines... I pointed out it is not normal, as most machines do a warm wash followed by a rinse in cold water. So be prepared for your hot water usage to increase. The only way around this is turning the hot water tap off for the rinse cycle. Problem number 2, if you a person who is not tall and I mean over 1.74cm then you will need to get a step for you to be able to reach the bottom of the machine to get clothes out when done. Problem number 3, the cycles are very long even a quick wash is an hour so it will use also more power.Now the machine does do a good job and due to the 2 extra large filters inside it does indeed get rid of a lot of the lint off of your clothes and cat hair . Would I buy this machine again, after lots of thoughts the answer is, not until there is a way I can get a cold rinse and more power saving options.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Best top loader we have ever purchsed

Our LG 14kg top loader gave up few months back.
We shopped around and decided to purchase the 13kg Samsung top loading. We were a bit weary due to previous issues on the basic model cashing fire. But it looked a solid build and we took a chance.
So after using it for 4 months. We are very happy from our purchase . Love the simplicity of use.
Great inbuilt lint filter, the extra soak tray and much more then our previous model.
Can not fault it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

what does error U6 mean? how do I fix the problem.
U6 or Ub see samsung code web site https://www.samsung.com/au/support/home-appliances/washing-machine-error-codes/ i dont see the U6 error code.Hi Liz, would you be able to check the error code displayed on the unit again? We believe this may have been misread :) You can also send us a photo of the error code via Facebook- please ensure to copy and paste your enquiry in a private message to us. > m.me/SamsungAustralia Jo Samsung AU

Hi, I recently Purchased Samsung WA13M8700G and the manual is not enough for me to select the actual washing mode. Please help me with the amount of washing liquid to be used for 13 kg normal wash and the water level, rinse time, wash time, spin speed, cold/hot temp. Please also let me know what 40c magic clean and 60c magic clean?
Thanks for choosing Samsung, Tharini. We'd be more than happy to help you out on your enquiries. The 40°C / 60°C Magic Clean heats the supplied water up to a custom temperature of 40 °C / 60°C and uses the water to clean heavily soiled or stubborn items in an effective way. To start your washing machine: 1. Press POWER to turn on the washing machine. 2. Select a cycle in the cycle panel. 3. Change the cycle settings (water level, wash time, rinse count, and/or spinning speed) as necessary. 4. To add an option such as Delay End and Soak, press the corresponding button. 5. Press and hold START/PAUSE With the amount of detergent used, we recommend for you to follow the detergent manufacturer’s recommendations based on the weight of the laundry, the degree of soiling, and the hardness of the water in your local area. For more info | User Manual > https://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/WA13M8700GV/SA/ Jo Samsung AUHi Jo thanks for the reply also another question, if i use half load washing will it use the water for full load 13 kg washing or will the water usage be for the load of cloths I wash!Hey Tharini, you are able to adjust the water level of the wash to your suitability. Jo Samsung AU

How long is the quick cycle?
Depending on the water level the quick cycle is around 20 minutes hope this helpsThanks Caralyn, is the wash time adjustable for other cycles like regular or heavy duty wash?Every time I wash whites, they always come out with dirt stains, why?

Samsung WA13M8700GVSamsung WA13M8700GW
CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,899$1,799
Capacity13 kg13 kg
Household Size 5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating3 star(s)3 star(s)
Water Rating4 star(s)4 star(s)
Colour / Finish Black StainlessWhite
Dimensions 1077 x 686 x 744 mm1077 x 686 x 744 mm
Motor TypeInverterInverter
Max Spin Speed 800 rpm800 rpm
Weight70 kg70 kg
MechanismImpellerImpeller
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)

Download manual