Samsung WW75H5240EW / WW75H5290EW

Samsung WW75H5240EW / WW75H5290EW

WW75H5290EW, WW75H5240EW

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Bunny WoodCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Average wouldnt buy another

The unit worked OK for the first few years but then began to give us problems. Clothes weren't properly clean and the device began to give the SUDS message all the time. Samsung had a repair agent come out who had to replace most of the major parts. The device worked again for a few months then the sdame fault came up. Samsung wasn't interested at all and basically told us to get over it. Samsung were hard to get hold of, slow to follow up and generally not much chop. (Bought it from Harvey Norman and they were helpful)

Purchased in September 2014 at Harvey Norman for $799.00.

Noise Level
AdaSamsung
MickSamsung

BBRMElbourne

if this is customer service, prefer not to be a "customer" anymore

Purchased in October 2014 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

Noise Level
MickSamsung
BBR

sent a PM on facebook + the ref #. it might take ever for someone to be back to me based on my experience ...
P.S its now more than a week that I'm waiting for a Samsung rep who was supposed to be back to me within 24 hrs....

Stacey Va’L

Stacey Va’LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love mine

Very satisfied with our Samsung washing machine. We use it for all types of cycles and have found them all to work great. I don’t know how to use the app to turn it on but I would think it would work as we’ve had no issues with our machine. We good a good discount when showing the good guys a great price online.

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung WW75H5240EW / WW75H5290EW compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Ben W

Ben WBrisbane

Rinse cycle didn't remove all the detergent

I bought this from Harvey Norman as part of a sale, my first front loader. Unfortunately even without the water saving feature on the rinse cycle was unable to remove all of the detergent. This was tested by taking clothes which had been washed and then rinsing them in a bowl of water. You could feel the detergent still clinging to the clothes and visibly see the water turn murkier.

The wash cycle was quieter than our old top loader and the water usage was low, but unfortunately could not recommend this based on my experience with it. Ended up getting a refund and purchasing a different top loader.

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Tully

TullySydney, NSW

I would never imagine washing could be fun.

Doing the laundry has never been my favourite till I bought this washer. It is super quiet, very well balanced and the navigation wheel makes it extremely easy to interact with the machine. There are a lot of preset programs to choose from and all of them are further customizable. Detergent and softener trays have always been squeaky clean after every wash and it rinses the clothes thoroughly. Never had an issue and I truly enjoy doing the laundry now.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Janice

JaniceBrisbane

Good

This is a good washer which does an honest job. We use ours nearly every day for a family of 4. Offers plenty of washing options and will recommend it. We bought ours in 2014. Our only issue is that the rubber seal of the door had had to be changed 3 times since because of a tear happening for no apparent reason always at the same spot.
Samsung on the 3 occurrences has been very professional and helpful even when the washer was no longer under warranty.
Unfortunately we do not want o risk this happening again so we are going to change our washer.
I believe it is the luck of the draw in regards of this particular one as except for that specific issue this washer has been a faithful ally all that time.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
danny

dannySydney

2 and a half years and still going strong

We've had this for 2.5 years and it's an amazing buy. Energy efficiency is good and the water usage is good too. The only thing is that inside the soap container if you don't clean this regularly it gets really mouldy but we clean it once each 6 months.

Would recommend samsung washing machines to anyone as this is my 2nd without major issues

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Mark S

Mark SSydney

Four Years and Counting

I bought this about four years ago and it hasn't skipped a beat.

It is easy to use and allows you to easily set a one touch favourite setting for your most common wash.

I'm happy with this washer and shows that Samsung can make more than just smart phones.

Lydia

LydiaVictoria

Great product

I love it. My uncle gifted it last month.i used it many times.I was very surprised when i used first time.its very good and durable product ever i used.My dad also used it many times.I recommend it for buying this best washing machine.It washes very fast.it is very helpful for my family.

Deborah

Deborah

One great front loader

We got this front loader for six months now. Me and family are not picky, even though this front loader has different setting: baby, cotton and so on, we only use one setting and thats the daily wash setting, i changed it a little bit as i found the 1200rpm to strong that it makes my laundry shakes lol, so i reduced it to 800rpm and also increase the number of rinse. This is our first front loader as we used to have top loader so at first i was having a hard time to figure out how to wash the cloths. I was using powdered detergent and wasnt happy initially as it makes my clothes slippery so i tried the liquid detergent and voila, it worked. I also use fabric softener and i noticed that my clothes is much softener and more fragnant.

Chez

ChezMelbourne

Disappointing Samsung

After a few washes, the rubber lining stinks even after keeping the drum door open after each wash. There is 15min wash, but where is one with a 30-45 min wash, can't programme this, all others are too long! 1200rpm is gd but 800rpm spin comes out so damp. I would trade this out if possible

Grant

Grant

Washing machine worked great until just after warranty

It worked great for 3 years, but then the Spider Arm broke, so the inner drum dropped and is banging around. Spoke to Samsung and they said sorry it is now out of warranty. The lady on the phone was understanding and had dropped the 'yes it has happened before'. This prompted me to push for the repair for free, but no in the end the said it will cost $350 - $400. Either don't buy the product or get an extended warranty to cover yourself. It did wash great for the 3 years I had it

Kitty

KittySydney

Samsung Frontloader gives fantastic results!

We have had this front loader washing machine for 9 months now and have been extremely pleased with the overall product. There are cycles for every sort of wash and even a quick wash that can be reduced to 15 mins however I usually choose 'daily wash' and 'baby wash' which result in very clean and well rinsed clothes. The 1200 spin works effectively, fast and surprisingly not too noisy compared to my previous LG washing machine. I find the detergent blue tray is a good size to fill detergent and feel like I am using less to wash and saving money. I have no complaints about this frontloader and 7.5kg volume is a reasonable size for doing every day laundry. Very content and pleased I purchased this brand.

tinex79

tinex79AU

great samsung machine

We got the washing machine 6 months ago and not even 1 problem, very quiet, easy to operate, best thing so far after the 10 years with technika, noise and problems galore.
Cheap but with 10 years warranty on the motor....samsung was to good to miss and was the last one at the shop, wanted to go for 10kg but out of stock

Teyah

TeyahSydney, NSW

Samsung 5290 Front Loader Brilliant!!

tamgreg1

tamgreg1Canberra

Samsung brand never fails!

Chris

ChrisSydney

1month after 3 year warranty lapsed machine died!!

After having the machine for 3 years, it just died. Filled up with water and then all lights went out. After draining machine, I switched it on a month later just to check and it worked, unfortunetely only untill it was filled with water again. Since the last go there is no sign of life in the machine and is now permamnetly in the garage and will be going into the clean up soon! Called the service centre and getting somebody out will cost you halve of what the machine was and there is no guarantee person will be able to fix it in anyway!! Very dissapointed, bought a Samsung because I thought it is a reliable brand. Unfortunetely it let me down.

Terrible!! Don't waste your $$$$

We bought this machine after our 7yo LG front loader stopped working. The reviews looked great and the price was excellent. This machine was good for the first couple of months but then began running terribly noisy and all sorts of issues started. Finally after just after a year it started leaking water, rattling and all the clothes had an electrical burn smell to them. I would definitely never buy this again if I had of known. Extremely disappointed!

TasNet

No Complaints About This One

Biks

Biksasked

WW75H5240EW / WW75H5290EW

My machine is not washing on the cotton or ecotton settings. It is washing on outdoor and drum clean also works.

Any tips on how to fix? My machine is 4-5 years old I think.

Matt f

Matt fasked

Hi I have a samsung WW75H5240EW
I’ve had it from new about 5 years I think , but since almost day 1 the handle and latch have always been sticky and sometimes very hard to open , today the handle finally broke I’m not sure where to go to either replace the whole door or order parts and pull the cover of door and fix handle and latch myself as door itself seems fully in closed how do I get it a part?

AdaSamsung

Hi Matt, for replacement parts we recommend for you to head to reach out to your nearest authorised service centre.

You can find yours via the link below:

Ada

Spenasked

WW75H5240EW / WW75H5290EW

After good performance for 5 years, it suddenly started to make loud thumping noise on spin cycle. After removing top and rear plate, could not see any loose springs etc. Any ideas???????

KathSamsung

Hi Spen, that does not sound right and I would like to look further into this for you. If you would like me to do so, please send us a private message via the link below as it is our best point of contact:

Kath

Hi Kath,
I hope you can help to resolve the problem of thumping during spin cycle on our machine. Your Samsung repair service quoted $95 to visit and $20 per each 10 minutes while here. This looks like sending good money after bad! The info on the web would suggest the drum bearings have failed and repairs may amount to $300-$400. This seems a very poor record for a machine that has only had light use.
Thanks,

KathSamsung

Hi Spen. I would like to see what I can do for you. Would you be able to send a copy of your proof of purchase and a photo of the compliance plate (contains model and serial number) through private message via the link below?

Due to privacy, I would also recommend editing/removing the above post with your contact number as this is a public forum!

Kath
Samsung AU

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare both Samsung WW75H5240EW / WW75H5290EW