Samsung AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

Samsung AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

MPN: 36273777

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Lou

LouGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smoke coming out

when first purchased within 6 months it started leaking during cycle got it fix which was annoying. within a year smoke was coming out when spinning and the smell.
Ran them they only offered repairs which I disagree as I believe the product is defect and not safe at all. They didnt care.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $949.00.

Samsung AUSamsung
Diana

DianaMelbourne

So broken and can’t be fixed

It keeps shortening out my power since it was new. Repair man has come twice and can’t fix it, and now I have to wait for Samsung to make a decision! Crazy. It also leaves half my clothes dry at the end of a load (ie isn’t washing properly).
I just want a refund but it’s now been more than 3 weeks since I reported it as faulty and I still have to wait!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

We are very sorry to hear this issue hasn't been resolved for you, Diana. We have sent you a PM requesting for more info, would you be able to send that through so we can assist you?

Jazz
Samsung Australia

George

GeorgeAdelaide

OK

Instead of focusing on saving electricity, we'd like this machine to use more water, and stop wearing out clothes. We dont use the many functions it provides. A machine much like LG washers that provides simple yet quick functions would be better. Overall it is ok and is kinda lovable for us.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Shauna

ShaunaSydney

Washing machine

This machine I only bought 6 months ago.
It started giving trouble from day 1.
There was something leaking through one of the pipe.
I spent lot of time to contact the dealer and they sent a handyman to fix it.
Later I noted while it's working it would stop when laundry is almost about to be done and then I have to restart it.
Never buy Samsung.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Door Seal Faulty DONT BUY !!!!!!!!

After 3 months the door seal tears while opening the door. Samsung refused to replace saying user error. No definitely a design flaw, as the service man showed me 3 exact machines with the same problem in only 2 weeks. I will be taking this issue further. Don't make my mistake. Don't buy this machine !!!!!!!!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Disaster

Disaster

Bought it two weeks ago.

It takes 10 to 20 min to get it going. Constantly flashing "dc" every time you press start button.

It managed to do some washing by starting it on EMPTY then PAUSE and load it through the AddDoor.
I guess that must be the real purpose for having the AddDoor.

What and pleasant experience. So disappointed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Davo

DavoTownsville

Good Product until it broke down

I was very happy the washer until, it broke down. It was only 3 months old. Issue is with the door not locking properly. These things happen and luckily it was still under warranty but I have found the service to be poor. After initially being told parts would be shipped and available 2-4 business days after initial call I am still waiting 8 business days(12 actual days) to hear back. I would never buy another samsung product as a result.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ness0411

Ness0411NSW, 2300

Broke down after 18mths.

Do not spend the money. We are a family of 3 so this doesn’t get huge usage but after 18 months it broke down. There is an app you can use to diagnose the problem but it kept telling me the add door was open when clearly it wasn’t. Fancy tech but bought to you by the people who make mobile phones that blow up. For the cost it should have lasted longer. Having said that the ladies at the service centre are fantastic.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Sunny

SunnyBlacktown

Require few improvements or corrections

The door on the front glass allowing items to be added after the wash has started is a stroke of genius. Not sure why it hasn't been done before.
Bad Points
The eco Cotton wash goes for a phenomenal 4 and a half hours. Apparently it uses less energy, but, wow.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Front Loading Washing Machines

See all Samsung AddWash Front Loader reviews

Stevceasked

AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

I just purchased this machine from Costco. I am currently doing my first wash. Initially on the cotton cycle it had 1:09 but than when I started it, the time went up to 2:40. I have 7 towles inside. How do I reduce the cycle time to around the hour mark. Two hours and 40 minute sis just way to long.

Aman
Aman

Very Appealing

Stevce

All good. It only happened with that wash. It has been working so well now. Great machine.

anonomyous

anonomyousasked

AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

does it have a right hand door hinge

MickSamsung

Hey there, this model machine has the hinge on the left side!

Mick
Samsung AU

InformedShopper

InformedShopperasked

AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

Does it have both a cold and hot water inlet? Or does it only allow for self-heating the cold water? We have solar heated water, so want a machine that has a hot water inlet.

BT S
BT S

cold water only, heats itself. Hot and Cold is more common on a top loader then a front loader.
I have solar hot water too. wasted

SusanandIan
SusanandIan

Attach the hose to the hot water tap instead? If the water enters the machine warm, it won't be heated further... but of course all washing will be done on hot cycle. As our cold tap is rainwater and gravity fed, we have to do this - too low pressure for the front loader otherwise. We are able to adjust our (instant gas) hot water to 37C for the laundry and this has so far been fine. The lowest wash cycle on the machine is 30C and I most often use a pre-set cycle that heats water to 40C.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 3 Samsung AddWash Front Loader