MPN: 36273777
See the Best Front Loading Washing Machines in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Samsung

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Chanel fing
Chanel fingHunter Region, NSW

Loud piece of crap

This washing machine is loud and has been none stop issues!!! We have owned this 18months and have had to have major repairs four times! It sounds like a tram is running through our home and leaks !!!

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,000.00.

Maria
MariaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Samsung bubblewash

Works well but I find when spinning doonas it won’t spin all water out at makes loud noise while spinning.other washing settings works well , the 15 minute cycle is good for not so dirty clothes but I find it’s a little short needs longer cycle at least 30min for better cleaning.as for bubble wash I forget to use it doesn’t really do much and can only use bubble wash on certain cycles

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $799.00.

KathSamsung

Shelly66
Shelly66Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cheaper to buy than repair

Not spinning after 2 years when pump goes so does PC board and door lock so $500 plus to repair. 11 year warranty on what direct drive - would be worthless and so many other things not coveredt

Only 1 recommended repairs for washing machines in Melbourne

Purchased in August 2017 at Harvey Norman for $888.00.

KathSamsung
Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Samsung AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White) compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Lou
LouGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smoke coming out

when first purchased within 6 months it started leaking during cycle got it fix which was annoying. within a year smoke was coming out when spinning and the smell.
Ran them they only offered repairs which I disagree as I believe the product is defect and not safe at all. They didnt care.

Purchased in January 2017 at The Good Guys for $949.00.

Samsung AUSamsung
Diana
DianaMelbourne

So broken and can’t be fixed

It keeps shortening out my power since it was new. Repair man has come twice and can’t fix it, and now I have to wait for Samsung to make a decision! Crazy. It also leaves half my clothes dry at the end of a load (ie isn’t washing properly).
I just want a refund but it’s now been more than 3 weeks since I reported it as faulty and I still have to wait!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Samsung AUSamsung

We are very sorry to hear this issue hasn't been resolved for you, Diana. We have sent you a PM requesting for more info, would you be able to send that through so we can assist you?

Jazz
Samsung Australia

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Margery
MargeryCopeton

Damages on delivery but works fine

We paid good money to get this damaged after opening the box which means it was damaged to begin with but as they have said its minor won't replace it. It works great and washes cloths very well and has multiple wash settings for different type of cloths. We mainly use quick wash

Date PurchasedApr 2016
George
GeorgeAdelaide

Instead of focusing on saving electricity, we'd like this machine to use more water, and stop wearing out clothes. We dont use the many functions it provides. A machine much like LG washers that provides simple yet quick functions would be better. Overall it is ok and is kinda lovable for us.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Shauna
ShaunaSydney

Washing machine

This machine I only bought 6 months ago.
It started giving trouble from day 1.
There was something leaking through one of the pipe.
I spent lot of time to contact the dealer and they sent a handyman to fix it.
Later I noted while it's working it would stop when laundry is almost about to be done and then I have to restart it.
Never buy Samsung.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Very Unhappy
Very UnhappyPerth, WA

Door Seal Faulty DONT BUY !!!!!!!!

After 3 months the door seal tears while opening the door. Samsung refused to replace saying user error. No definitely a design flaw, as the service man showed me 3 exact machines with the same problem in only 2 weeks. I will be taking this issue further. Don't make my mistake. Don't buy this machine !!!!!!!!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Front Loading Washing Machines

Disaster

Disaster

Bought it two weeks ago.

It takes 10 to 20 min to get it going. Constantly flashing "dc" every time you press start button.

It managed to do some washing by starting it on EMPTY then PAUSE and load it through the AddDoor.
I guess that must be the real purpose for having the AddDoor.

What and pleasant experience. So disappointed.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Davo
DavoTownsville

Good Product until it broke down

I was very happy the washer until, it broke down. It was only 3 months old. Issue is with the door not locking properly. These things happen and luckily it was still under warranty but I have found the service to be poor. After initially being told parts would be shipped and available 2-4 business days after initial call I am still waiting 8 business days(12 actual days) to hear back. I would never buy another samsung product as a result.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ness0411
Ness0411NSW, 2300

Broke down after 18mths.

Do not spend the money. We are a family of 3 so this doesn’t get huge usage but after 18 months it broke down. There is an app you can use to diagnose the problem but it kept telling me the add door was open when clearly it wasn’t. Fancy tech but bought to you by the people who make mobile phones that blow up. For the cost it should have lasted longer. Having said that the ladies at the service centre are fantastic.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Meshelle
MeshelleIllawarra, NSW

Wouldn't have been my first choice.

It's ok but if I had done my research I would have chosen the fisher and Paykel, the machine does wash the clothes but doesn't dissolve laundry liquid properly and I always use the correct measurement. Might try liquid laundry detergent and see if that makes a difference but disappointed as I shouldn't have to change

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Sunny
SunnyBlacktown

Require few improvements or corrections

The door on the front glass allowing items to be added after the wash has started is a stroke of genius. Not sure why it hasn't been done before.
Bad Points
The eco Cotton wash goes for a phenomenal 4 and a half hours. Apparently it uses less energy, but, wow.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
See all Samsung AddWash Front Loader reviews

Stevceasked
AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

I just purchased this machine from Costco. I am currently doing my first wash. Initially on the cotton cycle it had 1:09 but than when I started it, the time went up to 2:40. I have 7 towles inside. How do I reduce the cycle time to around the hour mark. Two hours and 40 minute sis just way to long.

Aman
Aman

Very Appealing

Stevce

All good. It only happened with that wash. It has been working so well now. Great machine.

anonomyous
anonomyousasked
AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

does it have a right hand door hinge

MickSamsung

Hey there, this model machine has the hinge on the left side!

Mick
Samsung AU

InformedShopper
InformedShopperasked
AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White)

Does it have both a cold and hot water inlet? Or does it only allow for self-heating the cold water? We have solar heated water, so want a machine that has a hot water inlet.

BT S
BT S

cold water only, heats itself. Hot and Cold is more common on a top loader then a front loader.
I have solar hot water too. wasted

SusanandIan
SusanandIan

Attach the hose to the hot water tap instead? If the water enters the machine warm, it won't be heated further... but of course all washing will be done on hot cycle. As our cold tap is rainwater and gravity fed, we have to do this - too low pressure for the front loader otherwise. We are able to adjust our (instant gas) hot water to 37C for the laundry and this has so far been fine. The lowest wash cycle on the machine is 30C and I most often use a pre-set cycle that heats water to 40C.

See all Samsung AddWash WW85K5410WW (8.5 kg, White) questions

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Compare all 3 Samsung AddWash Front Loader