Sanctum Surf

Sanctum Surf (page 2 of 2)

Online store, Physical store

3.9

J Go

J Go

Great value

Got a cheap board for learning to surf. Pleasantly surprised at the quality when it arrived. About 15 sessions in and no issues so far. Looking at a Sanctum for my second board.

Timmy

TimmySydney

Sweet value, hit and miss quality, amazing prices.

I have their Magic Carpet mini mal, bought it for $400 and the thing is a beauty, probably had 40 or so sessions and the deck is pretty much perfect. A few dings here and there but she's holding up well.

Bought a 3/2 wettie from them and its pretty much coming apart after a sold winter's worth of surfing, I do surf 10+ hours a week though. Very comfortable and fit really well. Hard to pass up the price, just $200 for a steamer? Bargain.

I also bought a cheap softie mal, 9 footer, and after a few months the thing snapped in half on me. Was surfing head high though so probably not the board for the day. Still was pretty disappointed.

amos

amosSydney

Poor quality

Was skeptical about buying one of the cheap made in china boards but thought what the hell, i'll give it a go, after all the products are all aussie made. There were deck depressions after the first surf and on the second surf, it snapped on a 2-3ft wave which wasn't even barreling. The shape was pretty good and it rode pretty well. But the glass job- done in china- was ruubish.I'm definitely not going there again.

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how Sanctum Surf compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

Matt

MattMelbourne, Victoria

Sanctum Surboards = Poor quality glass job

I purchased a quad fish surfboard off Sanctum 2 months ago on ebay.
The glass job is very poor considering i have only used it 5 times.
There are deep compression ding's and pressure cracks on the tail.
Also the glass above the fins is starting to crack and the tail is starting to de laminate.
When I told the seller he replied by saying " this is normal wear and tear for a pu board after 5 uses."

terrible quality

Mini Simmons

Jarrod

JarrodAdelaide

Great Value for Money

I've had a Sanctum snuie bomb for a few months now and have been really impressed with it. We've had a very average summer of surf in SA and so i bought myself a cheap grovel board and I'm stoked with it. It's a wave machine, catches small waist high waves easily and rides fast and smooth. I've also taken it in surf as big as 4 foot and I was surprised how well it handled and gripped the bigger waves. The glass and foam look good so far, only two dings and they were both from in storage on a very bumpy ferry ride to kangaroo Island. No dings or dents from surfing yet, fingers crossed. Very happy with my purchase.
Great value for money, Fast delivery, Glass and Foam look to be good quality.

Yogabbagabba

YogabbagabbaMelbourne

Lamination cracking within 12 months

I had bought a 9'5 longboard off them and thought it was going we'll, until I noticed that the lamination was cracking. Hadn't even had this board for more then 10months and we'll looked after and when I emailed them about it they wouldn't have a bar of it. I've brought 2 boards off them but no longer see myself purchasing any boards from them.

Lamination cracks way to easy

nitram79

nitram79Sydney

Awesome boards

I've got the 5'9 pro av model. it goes off. I'm so stoked, and for the price you can't go wrong. the glass seems to be pretty strong. few compressions on the deck, but I do launch a bit so it's expected. overall the boards are worth every penny which is less than half of what you pay for a brand name board
Awesome shape and price

Sports & Recreation Shops

Find out how Sanctum Surf compares to other Sports & Recreation Shops

Alan Williams

Alan WilliamsAU

Top class finish

I have surfed on these Sanctum boards for 18mths ,mainly longboards and my surfbuddies are ripping on their Sanctum shortboards.Strong glass and proven shapes and bottom contours.would buy a second and a third one.Delivered to my door in excellent protective pack.I look at secondhand boards at my local surfshop and the prices just make it an easy choice. Brand new for nearly the same $ $.
Faultless glassing..no blemishes.Shapes that are a standard proven design.
I thought about my ego and image ..should I pay extra $300 for a big international branded board..When the two boards are side by side ..you could swap logos and not tell any difference.

CSAPP

CSAPPAU

Sanctum Surf - Perfect service and products!