Sarah Homes

Sarah Homes (page 3 of 3)

• Build Stage

YvetteAdelaide

Sarah Homes - Building Dreams

L GriffithsAdelaide

What a Pleasure

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff involved in helping us build our dream home. The process was very easy from start to finish with nothing too hard for the staff. We have finally moved in and had our first Christmas on the balconies overlooking the river and hills. I would like to make a special thank you to [name removed] and [name removed] for their patience and understanding.

Again Thank you to every one in making our dream home beside the beach a reality.

We have built with numerous builders within our lifetime but from now on will only be building with Sarah Homes

Fantastic!!!!!

Great service from start to finish

After buying land for a holiday home a year ago we approached Sarah Homes and were impressed by the great range of designs and the friendly, efficient service from our sales consultant. No alteration to the design seemed too difficult, the building process went smoothly and we're delighted with the finished product
Affordable, attractive house designs, well-suited to Australian conditions

AmandaAldinga Beach, SA

Very good design and affordable

The sales consultant was very helpful with my house design, and with the changes that were needed to be made to accommodate the house on my block of land. She was so friendly, and easy to talk to, as I had not dealt with any home builders before, because I was building my first home. While my house was being constructed, the Building Site Supervisor, the Tradesmen, and Labourers were all very pleasant and helpful to talk to.
Any issues that arose during building were quickly resolved.

Amanda

After sending Sarah Homes several emails, we're still waiting for a reply from them, seems like they don't care about you after the house is completed, they don't even give you any advise about your complaint or comments!

spike1264Adelaide, South Australia

Delightful process and a wonderful home

spike1264

We have been in for a year now and still love the place. Great design and costs a minimal amount to run ..I wish our Adelaide house had all the energy saving additions that we had on this house. Well worth the time and effort.

spike1264

Sarah were professional and easy to work with from start to end.

Rear Carport McCubbin - Hayborough

ian56

ian56ADELAIDE

Lovely end result-Whiteley

Solid Experience

We found our sales experience to be positive as we finalised all variations prior to committing to the contract. Our sales consultant was very accommodating and proactively produced plan amendments as our variations mounted. Once council permitting was received the build time was more than acceptable.

We are very happy with the structural standard of our home (Whiteley 180) however the quality of the painting is a little disappointing. Overall would recommend building with Sarah Homes.
Flexibility with plan amendments & support during the planning phase
Cost of some of the out of 'standard spec' extras & Painting

Happy House

Our experience with the Sales Consultant, [name removed] was very good. He took the time to provide the information we needed and was always happy to help. The building process was a little delayed but once started went very smoothly and the site supervisor was very good. The overall result was very good and works really well. The painting in some areas was a little rough but this probably is representative of new house standards now days, unfortunately. We would certainly build with Sarah's again and recommend them to anyone considering building themselves.
Sales Consultant's level of service and overall result was very good.
Painting in some areas just ok.

Thomas Otway

Thomas OtwayAdelaide

Excellence, thank you Sarah Homes

A big thanks to the team!

Hats off to [name removed] for her friendly and very helpful manner in helping us choose our ideal home for our retirement near the beach.Nothing has been too much trouble for her as she has given great lengths of time and suggestions to us all along the way.

As retirees, and only ever having the one home for 42 years, we were somewhat initially nervous at taking on such a project at this time in our lives.However, [name removed] has put our minds at ease with her obvious interest in us and bringing about our dream.

Many thanks.
We love the open space design,particularly the huge balcony of the 'Emily 4' and raked ceiling.
We've changed the configuration of the stairs for better access.

We love our new home !

Find out how Sarah Homes compares to other Home Builders

From good to bad to disaster!

Jake and Nicole

Jake and NicolePort Augusta

good start

Have not yet started the construction of our home however are extremely happy with the service we have recieved so far. Our consultant is very helpful and is always in contact giving us new ideas and helping us get the most out of our design. We have just completed our selections and were very happy with everything Sarah Homes had to offer, they have been very helpful and quick to respond to and questions or queries we have had! Nothing is too much trouble and they are very flexible with their designs! If the quality of service is anything to go by we can not wait for our home to be built!
Good customer service, helpful

Good

Great implementation

thankana

thankanaAU

OK

Andrew

Andrewasked

How much difference is there typically from listed price and what people select? Is it possible to reduce the cost further from listed price? Interested in comments.

Phillip t
Phillip t

Hi Andrew.
There listed price is just a guide. Increase your final price buy 25% and you'll be close to your final costing. Council energy requirements and there listed prices for a very basic low speck home.

Sarah28

Sarah28asked

What was the difference between quote price and actual contract price?

Amanda

In the subdivision that I purchased my block of land, the Local Council would only allow Sarah Homes to built onsite,
also they wanted me to install another window, before approving the plans for my home.

Therefore, I incurred extra costs of $2,400.00 to build onsite and $450.00 for a window to be installed, due to Local Council regulations.
I received two quotes for my home to be built, one without concrete piers, and one with bored concrete foundation piers, subject to the soil report.
With my soil report showing that I had to build my home with bored concrete foundation piers.

The difference between quote price, and actual contract price was $000.00.

L Griffiths

The only difference in costing was what we asked for to be changed, however these were even out as we received a refund from the foundation cost.

Pat Burge

Pat Burgeasked

How much did the final price at completion vary from the price when the contract was signed?

F&T Harris
F&T Harris

Pat, Sarah Homes were on target with the final price. There were a few post-contract variations of our own choosing that we added ourselves.
F Harris

Amanda

Sarah Homes quoted me a price to build a home without concrete piers, and with concrete piers (subject to the soil report).
But my block of land, had to have concrete piers installed, and Sarah Homes final price was exactly what they had quoted me.
Every owner deciding to build a new home, has to have their block cleared, and leveled, and these costs can vary. I was very fortunate that my block of land was very level, and I only had to have the vegitation (Weeds, etc.) removed prior to the concrete piers being installed, and the building work commencing.
The only extra costs depend on your LOCAL COUNCIL PLANNING APPROVALS, and REGULATIONS, as I had decided to purchase a Transportable Sarah Home, but my Local Council would only allow dwellings to be built onsite, which added $2,500.00 to my final price,
and The Local Council also wanted me to put in another window, which was a post-contract variation costing me another $350.00.

Get an answer from our members and Sarah Homes representatives