SAS Professional Hair Straightener

SAS Professional Hair Straightener Questions & Answers

48 questions from our users

Chels r

Chels rasked

the straightners i use make my hair go frizzy because my hair is thick and curly. Does this straightner make your hair frizzy?

Steve T.

Steve T.asked

Does anyone know how to get this company to respond? I have tried multiple Email methods and there is no phone number or live chat options available (even though they advertise that live chat is available). Not very happy

Hi Steve,

I believe we have resolved your issue via Email & Facebook :)

Sne

Sneasked

Does anyone know how to actually get in touch with the team for a return/refund. I bought the SAS straightener, I'm not happy with it and even though it's been less than 14 days I have attempted to contact them to get my money back and return the product. I'm yet to get a reply and I really don't want to keep this product. Has anyone had luck in contacting the team?

Hi Sne,

Please contact us at admin@sashair.com.au

Harmony P

Harmony Pasked

There were a few questions on here but I didn't see any that were similar to mine...
I had a Muster straightener 20 years ago which I loved and replaced with GHD when my sister took it with her when she moved out. It was back in 2005 and was just as good (if not better) than the Muster. When the GHD died about 7 years ago, GHDs were not made the same and I have just been buying cheap ones. I am on the search for the 'holy grail' straightener that achieves results like the original Muster and GHDs. Does anyone have experience using these and can provide some feedback? Thanks in advance! :)

Shelodie

Shelodieasked

How is this straightener for curling?

Cess H.

Cess H.asked

can i used the straightener on wet hair?

Hi Cess,

We don't recommend using a hair straightener on wet hair as this can cause damage to your hair.
Our straighteners are not designed to be used on wet hair :)

nancy

nancyasked

Hi thank you for my straightner, can you please advise the average temprature to have it set at, I'm finding it a bit drying on my hair sure to do with the temperature its set at

Hi Nancy,

Most people use the straightener at around 185 degrees. But please adjust accordingly to your hair. It's always best to use a heat protectant spray or oil to help protect your hair.

Niki
Niki

I wash my hair every day but before washing it I coat it in olive oil or coconut oil. When I use it I have it on 190 and use a heat protector before drying it and before using the straightener. My hair is as really shiny instead of being dry and brittle.

Dalia

Daliaasked

What is the measurement of the normal and wide plates please?

Hi Dalia,

The hair straightener plates are 26x90mm.
The wide plate model size is 44x90mm.

Katie

Katieasked

Hello, just wondering if you can curl your hair with the straighter also?

Hi Katie,

You can also curl with our straighteners :)

Renae B

Renae Basked

How do I unlock it?

Belinda8
Belinda8

Hi Renae, if you swipe your finger across the control panel (on/off and temp adjust) from the display panel towards the cord. You will see the lock on the display panel will change to an open lock symbol. Once you know how it’s so easy. Hope this helps. :-)

Christie D

Christie Dasked

Where can you buy these?

Hi Christie,

You can buy the SAS straightener exclusively on our website www.sashair.com.au

Yvonne F

Yvonne Fasked

Hi. I've just bought a Sas straightener and i have the same problem as Sammie. My straightener temp is set on 225 but WHILE using it, the temperature goes down which is really frustrating as it doesn't straighten my hair and pulls it when it does this. I also have to unlock it and turn it back up. I can understand it has a auto shut off but this shouldn't happen while I'm in the middle of straightening my hair. Is this a faulty one? if so how do i go about getting an exchange? i too read the great reviews about this product and changed from a GHD. Thanks .

Hi Yvonne,

Best to get in contact with us to help fix the issue :)

bear

bearasked

Do you have straighten max heat of 240 degrees?

Amara89
Amara89

I’ve kept the heat setting at 230 degrees as that has been doing the job I needed it to do. Sorry I couldn’t help you out with your question, but if it’s any help, I would recommend this hair straightener, it’s cheap, does the same job as the Ghd, it straightens and. URLs my hair pretty easily and doesn’t snag.

Hi There,

Thanks for your question, our straighteners heat up to 232 degrees. This is a high temperature and wouldn't recommend using a straightener above this temperature.

Lisa

Lisaasked

Hi I am having a problem with my SAS I can't get it to heat and i have thrown the instructions out....help

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Please view our youtube video which has the instructions on how to use the straightener :)

FamilyV

FamilyVasked

I just received a SAS hair straightener, directly from your SAS warehouse. However, I cannot anywhere find the "double insulated" (two squares inside each other) symbol on it. Is this device not double insulated?

Hi There,

Thanks for your question, I can confirm the straightener us double insulated.

Janetteasked

Hi Sas. I contacted you last week and I received an email from you guys stating that youbare sending a replacement. I still haven’t received the replacement on my faulty straightener and it’s not even a year old yet! Any updates on my replacement?!?!

Hi Janette,

A replacement was dispatched on Monday and you have been emailed a new tracking number.

Janette

Thank you SAS. I received my replacement today! Have a great weekend!

Marlin

Marlinasked

Hi, I am looking to replace my current straightener (a GHD). After 3 years it has become much weaker and I am no longer satisfied with the way my hair looks after I straighten it no matter how long I spend doing it. I have really thick, curly hair and was looking for something that would work well for my hair. I also straighten my hair every week and was looking for something that wouldn't damage it too much. Is there a specific hair straightener that you think may work best for me ? Also wondering what the material of the plates are and if you guys do any student discounts at all? Thanks, Marlin

Hi Marlin,

Thanks for your interest in our SAS straighteners.

All of our straighteners are designed to be gentle on your hair thanks to the type of plates we use. Our plates are titanium with ceramic coating. The main difference between the standard size and wide plate model is, the wide plate is designed to straighten larger portions of hair at once but not recommend for curling. The standard size can do straightening and curling.

We currently have a special running at the moment which is 10% off. Use coupon code; LUCKY10

Trace

Traceasked

Just wondering when using the hair straightener does your hand cover the touch screen? Is it sensative so it may turn it self off while using it?
My last hair straightener had a button on the side and when curling I always manage to push the button to go off which was frustrating!

Stormy
Stormy

No doesnt turn off but i find it gets hot to hold

Hi Trace,

Thanks for your question, the straightener panel goes into a lock mode so you don't accidentally turn it off or adjust the settings. You need to swipe your finger down the panel to unlock the panel to adjust the settings.

Hope this helps :)

LILY
LILY

No it definitely doesn't turn off as per the answer from the SAS Team once you turn it on the panel goes into Lock mode so you have to actually swipe it in order to turn it off - it's all digital.
Hope that helps - am loving mine!!!

Cheryl

Cherylasked

Hi there!!
Just wondering what the difference is between the OzHead and the SAS hair straighteners.
My hair is fairly long and thick - would one be better than the other?
Thanks for your help!!
Warm Regards,
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for your interest in our SAS straighteners. The main differences are that our straighteners have a LCD touch panel and we use a different type of plate.

Our straighteners are designed to help eliminate frizz and leave a shinny silky finish. We do also offer a 7 day trial period :)

Timmy

Timmyasked

Hi! Just wanted to ask if you have the 4 pcs bundle of treatment of Maxcare professional?its the green, orange,blue & red cap bottles.
Thanks!

Hi Timmy,

Thanks for your question, unfortunately at this stage we only stock what is currently listed on the website. Please keep checking back as we are constantly adding new products :)

SAS Team

Get an answer from our members and SAS representatives